PDA

View Full Version : Units Battle Royale: Lightstream Vs Schvelle Vs Novel Vs Liberate

the_importer_
Jan 25, 2020, 09:51 PM
In the upper-left corner: Lightstream Units, the older but legendary 12★ units that are still able to hold their own against the newer 13★ units.

Stats
[spoiler-box]HP: 100 
PP: 15 
S-ATK: 50 
R-ATK: 50 
T-ATK: 50 
S-DEF: 371 
R-DEF: 371 
T-DEF: 371 
S-RES: 5% 
R-RES 5% 
T-RES 5% 
L-RES: 5% 
D-RES: 5%   
[/spoiler-box]

In the lower-left corner: Schvelle Units, very similar Lightstream, but with a bit less PP, a but more DEF, better bonus and SSA support.

Stats
[spoiler-box]HP: 100 
PP: 12
S-ATK: 50 
R-ATK: 50 
T-ATK: 50 
S-DEF: 394 
R-DEF: 394 
T-DEF: 394 
S-RES: 5% 
R-RES 5% 
T-RES 5% 
F-RES: 4% 
D-RES: 4%   
[/spoiler-box]

In the upper-right corner: Novel Units, these have the lowest PP and ATK, but the highest HP, highest DEF and SSA support.

Stats
[spoiler-box]HP: 180
PP: 3
S-ATK: 40
R-ATK: 40 
T-ATK: 40 
S-DEF: 427 
R-DEF: 427 
T-DEF: 427 
S-RES: 4% 
R-RES 4% 
T-RES 4% 
[/spoiler-box]

In the lower-right corner, Liberate Units, a total opposite of the Novel Units with the lower HP and DEF, but with higher PP, higher ATK and SSA support.

Stats
[spoiler-box]HP: 60
PP: 15
S-ATK: 75 
R-ATK: 75 
T-ATK: 75 
S-DEF: 385 
R-DEF: 385 
T-DEF: 385 
S-RES: 4% 
R-RES 5% 
T-RES 4% 
[/spoiler-box]

So, is it worth keeping your Lightstream Units? Should you work hard to get Ultimate Photons for Schvelle or Liberate Units? Or should you go for the easier task of getting and keeping Novel Units? Finally, which ones is best suited for which class or class combo in your opinion?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2020, 10:20 PM
Upgraded Orgei Rear, Lib Arm, Novel Leg is considered optimal right now but Austere/Lightstream units are getting a 13* upgrade later this year (which inevitably hints at higher tier units not too long after).

Schvelle is entry tier, easy to get but not exactly a massive improvement over LS outside SSA use

I wouldnt go full Liberate either or Novel when other units compliment them better.

Anyways you cant read my post so woo there you go, wait for LS/Austere rarity increase or jump to early units now and possibly regret later

oratank
Jan 25, 2020, 10:27 PM
the problem is you have to spend hundred million to make a decent unit set and LS can still hold their own wiiht Et come around nothing can kill you yet so no need to build a new unit

echofaith
Jan 25, 2020, 11:52 PM
Besides the HP/PP distribution of Novel vs Liber, the overall stats of those 4 sets arent big enough to make a difference imo. If you have LS and dont care for current SSA, then no point to change units and is best to wait. If you want SSAs right now, then is a tie between Novel and Liber based in what you want to prioritize between damage and survival. I wouldnt consider Schvelle at this point even if you wanted balanced HP/PP, as affixes will solve that.

I personally affixed a Novel set to check how much DEF mattered in UH, but is not that noticeable compared to LS. The difference was only noticeable when changing my Rappy Shine to other unit. That being said, current 13* DEF performance should be very similar between them all.

Reilet
Jan 26, 2020, 03:09 AM
As a person who was still stuck on union/qliphad units (essentially the beginning of elegant era), jumping on liberate and the likes since grand power became a thing was well worth it :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Jan 26, 2020, 03:18 AM
As a person who was still stuck on union/qliphad units (essentially the beginning of elegant era), jumping on liberate and the likes since grand power became a thing was well worth it :wacko:

ya but those Grand Power prices are going to be over the top for awhile longer, no worth shelling out 100mill ea atm, i barely want to pay 50mill ea (which I will when it happens)

Reilet
Jan 26, 2020, 06:48 AM
Pretty expensive yeah, but hilariously enough they were the cheapest thing to buy/make.

IMACOP
Jan 28, 2020, 07:09 AM

I'm still stuck on those, but is the difference really that noticeable? Just basing off the numbers, the difference doesn't seem much, or am I missing something?

Reilet
Jan 28, 2020, 09:28 AM
I'm still stuck on those, but is the difference really that noticeable? Just basing off the numbers, the difference doesn't seem much, or am I missing something?

It's noticeable for me because i'm going from 600 total atk unit affix, ~200 hp to ~1000 atk and 1000 hp.

Calsetes
Jan 28, 2020, 09:59 AM
As a complete low-effort dope who isn't big into affixing and whatnot, at least not yet...

If I grab the standard stuff from the badge shop, as a Hero, would it be better to upgrade the Novel units into Liberate ones, or don't bother? More attack is good for Hero, but at the same time losing that slight amount of HP and defense means a higher chance of a stray hit knocking down my attack bonus from not losing so much health over the course of a minute or so.

I'll admit, I don't know how the whole calculations pan out or if it even matters at all with how high these numbers are and how relatively small the gap is between them.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2020, 12:56 PM
As a complete low-effort dope who isn't big into affixing and whatnot, at least not yet...

If I grab the standard stuff from the badge shop, as a Hero, would it be better to upgrade the Novel units into Liberate ones, or don't bother? More attack is good for Hero, but at the same time losing that slight amount of HP and defense means a higher chance of a stray hit knocking down my attack bonus from not losing so much health over the course of a minute or so.

I'll admit, I don't know how the whole calculations pan out or if it even matters at all with how high these numbers are and how relatively small the gap is between them.Maybe upgrade one or two, but not the whole set. I personally left a novel rear un-upgraded because if I ever want more atk or pp there's the luminmech rear unit, or the orb one. Hero can probably deal with the lower pp of having a full novel set though. Maybe just get a full set of novel and liberate?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2020, 01:54 PM

I'll admit, I don't know how the whole calculations pan out or if it even matters at all with how high these numbers are and how relatively small the gap is between them.

Lib rear/arm and Novel leg will work fine since rear and arm give more options for better down the road if you choose to upgrade from them but its really great to have an Hp unit on you with how hard UH hits

final_attack
Jan 28, 2020, 08:34 PM
It's noticeable for me because i'm going from 600 total atk unit affix, ~200 hp to ~1000 atk and 1000 hp.
Um, if I may ask .... that 1000 Atk ..... does that counted with Timed too? :o