PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta starts next week!

r00tabaga
Mar 9, 2020, 12:18 PM
Not sure if it’s Xbox only but I’m so excited to get back on. March 17th 8pm EST.

Edit: appears to be Xbox One only....Twitter & Instagram confirming

[Ayumi]
Mar 9, 2020, 12:40 PM
Xbox only so no chance of me trying it.

r00tabaga
Mar 9, 2020, 12:51 PM
I wonder if it will be a timed exclusive....all signs are pointing in that direction.... Xbox’s are super cheap on the secondary market and the Ultimate Game Pass is a great value..... just saying 😉😉😉

[Ayumi]
Mar 9, 2020, 01:20 PM
I wonder if it will be a timed exclusive....all signs are pointing in that direction.... Xbox’s are super cheap on the secondary market and the Ultimate Game Pass is a great value..... just saying 😉😉😉

I've already planned on getting the current Xbox but... I'm waiting until the next one is released.
There's some games I want on it (that and my 360 overheats too much to play games) and I want the backward compatibility to play some of my 360 games again.

Same as I'll get a PS4 when the PS5 comes out.

otakun
Mar 9, 2020, 03:41 PM
Someone pointed out there is a tweet saying the Windows 10 version will also be released in the spring. So assuming this wasnt a typo, you would only have to wait a max of 2 months.

landman
Mar 9, 2020, 03:46 PM
Spring end in June :wacko:

I wouldn't be worried until they start rolling scratches, then I would really hate starting late, but this is still a Beta, so now to check max capacity on xbox, next to check max capacity on PC, then both, and then release with normal updates would be my guess.

r00tabaga
Mar 9, 2020, 04:27 PM
Spring end in June :wacko:

I wouldn't be worried until they start rolling scratches, then I would really hate starting late, but this is still a Beta, so now to check max capacity on xbox, next to check max capacity on PC, then both, and then release with normal updates would be my guess.

are scratches confirmed??? I ask bc I thought lottery style cash items were being pushed out. Gambling is prohibited or something like that...

Anduril
Mar 9, 2020, 05:14 PM
are scratches confirmed??? I ask bc I thought lottery style cash items were being pushed out. Gambling is prohibited or something like that...

The menus for scratches were still there and at least the FUN scratch was available in the CBT with the one difference being that they had the odds of each item listed, from what I recall.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 9, 2020, 06:10 PM
Sorry, didn’t realize we had a US Senator on this board. Thank you for your kind explanation sir/madam & good luck in this next election!

none of the scratch stuff (including augment support items) are required or need to be good in this game either. ample amount of stuff (which your build will use 99% of) drops off mobs and bosses while support scratch items like Grand Power are a luxury item (you pay irl money to get a chance at it) you can use on the final step of the build. none of the clothing from scratches is needed either to play the game so lets curve the p2w accusation (not saying you said it) before people hop on this wagon, its like other mobile games I guess, pay for "convenience" if you really want to label it.

Flatflyer
Mar 9, 2020, 06:49 PM
I will say, if the NA version does actually list the % chances for getting items from the scratch, that'd definitely be info that I'd be glad to have and welcome that change. It should also just be applied to the JP version too for transparencies sake honestly.

Anduril
Mar 9, 2020, 06:52 PM
I will say, if the NA version does actually list the % chances for getting items from the scratch, that'd definitely be info that I'd be glad to have and welcome that change. It should also just be applied to the JP version too for transparencies sake honestly.

As of June 2016, SEGA has followed the 2016 CESA agreement by having the odds listed on the Scratch page:
https://i.imgur.com/s9klKNC.png

MikonX
Mar 9, 2020, 06:54 PM
The JP version also tells you how many times each particular item has been awarded, so you can do your own math from there.

landman
Mar 10, 2020, 10:50 AM
I'm sure I'm not the first to suspect the game was not announced for Europe because more and more EU governments are saying lootboxes ARE gambling and should pay their gambling taxes. If PSO2NA has no lootboxes then, why not release it in Europe??

Symphie
Mar 10, 2020, 02:14 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first to suspect the game was not announced for Europe because more and more EU governments are saying lootboxes ARE gambling and should pay their gambling taxes. If PSO2NA has no lootboxes then, why not release it in Europe??

If its not lootboxes, its simply that they wish to not be GDPR compliant.

otakun
Mar 10, 2020, 05:32 PM

Or Microsoft doesn't feel like paying for servers in the EU ...

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2020, 06:58 PM
for people interested in the statistics during the CBT (Class, Race, Gender, etc)
https://pso2.com/news/announcements/cbtinfo

Ranmaru
Mar 10, 2020, 10:09 PM
I will certainly be playing. I will also try to be as optimal as I can be. (But also helping newer players too with what I know) At the same time I'll be playing with buddies.

Dark Mits
Mar 11, 2020, 02:24 AM
If its not lootboxes, its simply that they wish to not be GDPR compliant.It's neither lootboxes nor GDPR.

99% it's the exact same reason why any company in any field would not do something: Their finance departments advise that it is either a too risky endeavor, or that such an investment will not provide higher earnings over other projects that could have those resources allocated to. The other 1% is the chance of being limited by existing cotracts.

If PSO2NA ends up being as popular as Monster Hunter World or better, then PSO2 EMEA will be a given.

rokkuman
Mar 11, 2020, 12:10 PM
If PSO2NA ends up being as popular as Monster Hunter World or better, then PSO2 EMEA will be a given.

I doubt that. PSO2 has a very unique combat and overall feeling to it, but it's not very "next-gen", y'know... It could attract more FFXIV and DmC/Bayonetta fans, though.

AnamanaAU
Mar 14, 2020, 02:49 AM
Someone pointed out there is a tweet saying the Windows 10 version will also be released in the spring. So assuming this wasnt a typo, you would only have to wait a max of 2 months.

I think they're just trying to ensure Xbox is done properly first, then they'll move onto Windows. Easier to handle one platform at a time than two at once.

Reilet
Mar 14, 2020, 09:52 PM

Spring ends in June not May.

otakun
Mar 15, 2020, 05:50 AM
Spring ends in June not May.

You were in such a hurry to correct me you didn't bother reading the post below that beat you to it by 5 days.

Reilet
Mar 15, 2020, 08:40 AM
That's because I quoted the quote above my post soo...

Anduril
Mar 16, 2020, 12:03 PM
The game is now available on the XBox One Store: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1239597826818138115