PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 NA - PC Release Date Announced (05/27)

Sriracha X
May 19, 2020, 10:25 AM
Making a thread since I don't see anything else on this.

They finally announced the game for PC for 05/27, next Wednesday.

I'm not quite sure if we can embed tweets here so here's a picture and a link to the original tweet

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1262760159056736256?s=20

The only disappointment is that it's Windows Store exclusive (for now). The migration begins now for those who have been waiting for NA's release

MikonX
May 19, 2020, 10:29 AM
What migration? Do you think people who have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours and dollars on the JP version are suddenly going to jump ship, pardon the pun?

Sriracha X
May 19, 2020, 10:40 AM
Of course not, I don't expect people who are really established in JP to move over. Even I didn't want to start over but considering that my friends are actually interested in the game now that it's getting an official NA release, that's enough reason to start fresh. I'd imagine plenty other folks are crossing over for that reason as well as the prospect of a more active playerbase compared to JP

otakun
May 19, 2020, 10:41 AM
At best you'll have JP people playing to waste time while waiting for JP updates but with NAs slow content release and massive scratch push, I doubt many of the long time JPs will play a whole lot there outside of leveling and events.

the_importer_
May 19, 2020, 10:45 AM
A handful will.

Guess only time will tell.

ralf542
May 19, 2020, 11:04 AM
The only disappointment is that it's Windows Store exclusive (for now). The migration begins now
No, I can't play on Vista, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ezodagrom
May 19, 2020, 11:06 AM
The MS store is trash though, while naturally not everyone has issues, there have been many cases of it having problems with even downloading/updating games.

Sriracha X
May 19, 2020, 11:34 AM
Edited that migration phrasing to make it not sound like the whole English playerbase is moving over to NA :dead:

Yeah, this sucks for anyone not on Win 10. I don't know if's possible to play Windows Store games via Proton/Wine on Linux either. And like ezodagrom mentioned, I hear a lot of stories of how garbage the store is. I expect there will be a lot of posts on the subreddit/twitter about people having issues downloading PSO2

isCasted
May 19, 2020, 11:38 AM
GameGuard doesn't run on Wine either

the_importer_
May 19, 2020, 11:51 AM
Not that I care about the NA version, but why anyone would want to run an unsupported version of Windows while being online is beyond me.

Maulcun
May 19, 2020, 12:42 PM
GameGuard doesn't run on Windows 10 2004.

the_importer_
May 19, 2020, 12:55 PM
I think the fact that you need XBOX Live to play the PC version will be the biggest drawback to PC players since:

a) Japanese players don't need to pay for this
b) It won't bring any extra to the table (cheaper premium, cheaper AC, better drops, etc.)
c) PC gamers are not use to pay monthly fees to play online nowadays unless you're talking WoW

Neith
May 19, 2020, 12:57 PM
Glad to see it finally releasing on PC in the west. Difficult for me to justify dropping thousands of hours on JP servers to be honest, but I may check it out at some point anyway out of curiosity.

Ezodagrom
May 19, 2020, 01:03 PM
GameGuard doesn't run on Windows 10 2004.
Windows 10 2004 isn't officially out yet. The same thing happened with other Windows 10 updates, GameGuard got updated to support the Windows 10 updates once they came out.

I think the fact that you need XBOX Live to play the PC version will be the biggest drawback to PC players since:

a) Japanese players don't need to pay for this
b) It won't bring any extra to the table (cheaper premium, cheaper AC, better drops, etc.)
c) PC gamers are not use to pay monthly fees to play online nowadays unless you're talking WoW
Online XBox Live games on PC/MS Store don't require the gold subscription.

the_importer_
May 19, 2020, 01:17 PM
Windows 10 2004 isn't officially out yet. The same thing happened with other Windows 10 updates, GameGuard got updated to support the Windows 10 updates once they came out.

Online XBox Live games on PC/MS Store don't require the gold subscription.

Could have sworn I read that XBL is required for PC as well.

Kazzi
May 19, 2020, 01:28 PM
I've been playing since the first alpha test and I can count on my one hand how many people plan to move over. Most just plan on poking around. Those are dedicated to move are those who can't hit any of the EQs because of work, or can't gear up like they want to because of the economy. Or they just hate the cesspool of block 1.

I plan on poking around but the EQ schedule is actually worse on NA for me.

Ezodagrom
May 19, 2020, 01:31 PM
Could have sworn I read that XBL is required for PC as well.
An XBox Live account is indeed required, you're confusing with XBox Live Gold (the subscription for online play on console) which is not used on PC.

the_importer_
May 19, 2020, 01:38 PM
An XBox Live account is indeed required, you're confusing with XBox Live Gold (the subscription for online play on console) which is not used on PC.

Wait, so MS hosts the same game servers for PC and XBOX, but only charge fees on XBOX? Why isn't there an angry mob of gamers with torches and pitchforks in front of Microsoft HQ?

Ezodagrom
May 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
Wait, so MS hosts the same game servers for PC and XBOX, but only charge fees on XBOX? Why isn't there an angry mob of gamers with torches and pitchforks in front of Microsoft HQ?
Microsoft did try to introduce the fee on PC back with Games for Windows Live more than 10 years ago, it failed completely.

But yeah, every XBox game that has online multiplayer that has been brought to PC doesn't have the gold fee.

the_importer_
May 19, 2020, 02:23 PM
Microsoft did try to introduce the fee on PC back with Games for Windows Live more than 10 years ago, it failed completely.

But yeah, every XBox game that has online multiplayer that has been brought to PC doesn't have the gold fee.

They should just as well call it a console tax. Considering it's an American company, I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit from XBOX gamers regarding this.

ArcaneTechs
May 19, 2020, 02:48 PM
maybe ill have an excuse to go back to NA now since the level grind is so ass and the playerbase is super uhh lackluster in certain EQs

Sriracha X
May 19, 2020, 03:02 PM
GameGuard doesn't run on Wine either
Damn, that sucks. Anti-cheat software always gotta be the main bane for Linux gaming

maybe ill have an excuse to go back to NA now since the level grind is so ass and the playerbase is super uhh lackluster in certain EQs
Here's hoping they'll update with expert matchmaking when NA PC hits. If EQs like Magatsu aren't there already, then it's gonna be a shitshow when they hit

ArcaneTechs
May 19, 2020, 03:16 PM
Here's hoping they'll update with expert matchmaking when NA PC hits. If EQs like Magatsu aren't there already, then it's gonna be a shitshow when they hit

TD3 already is for them, I can imagine how bad SH Magatsu will be them too especially with a playerbase who refuses to learn. I can see it now:

-lots of deaths trying to break knees
-attacking non-essential parts on the boss
-skipping the hooks because attacking the boss only is somehow more "efficient"
-as long as he doesn't break the last wall, we're fine!
-oh he broke the last wall, I'm so mad I'm going to drop down to the VH version instead!
-Sega needs to nerf this quest

Kazzi
May 19, 2020, 03:40 PM
TD3 already is for them, I can imagine how bad SH Magatsu will be them too especially with a playerbase who refuses to learn. I can see it now:

-lots of deaths trying to break knees
-attacking non-essential parts on the boss
-skipping the hooks because attacking the boss only is somehow more "efficient"
-as long as he doesn't break the last wall, we're fine!
-oh he broke the last wall, I'm so mad I'm going to drop down to the VH version instead!
-Sega needs to nerf this quest

Honestly, those are the times when magatsu was actually a fun EQ instead of dying in half a second. Looking forward to watching the blue tower at 2% while the only FO jumps in an AIS instead of burning Apprentice.

Poyonche
May 19, 2020, 04:00 PM

They'll overocome Magatsu by crafting Talis to make them equippable for their Hu/Fo's :wacko:

Honestly, those are the times when magatsu was actually a fun EQ instead of dying in half a second. Looking forward to watching the blue tower at 2% while the only FO jumps in an AIS instead of burning Apprentice.

"Aww look at those Damoths, aren't they cute ? No way they can harm the towers"

ArcaneTechs
May 19, 2020, 04:02 PM
Honestly, those are the times when magatsu was actually a fun EQ instead of dying in half a second.

it was super fun when it first came out, when it re-released it was sorta fun but he died so quick it kinda took the fun out. Ya you can turn off expert matching but thats if you enjoy suffering

Looking forward to watching the blue tower at 2% while the only FO jumps in an AIS instead of burning Apprentice.

oh lord I can see it now, better bring some Burn TMGs lol sometimes I panic when I'm trying to burn and the SE just won't proc until the last second

They'll overocome Magatsu by crafting Talis to make them equippable for their Hu/Fo's :wacko:

oh no lol

Kazzi
May 19, 2020, 04:32 PM
it was super fun when it first came out, when it re-released it was sorta fun but he died so quick it kinda took the fun out. Ya you can turn off expert matching but thats if you enjoy suffering

oh lord I can see it now, better bring some Burn TMGs lol sometimes I panic when I'm trying to burn and the SE just won't proc until the last second

oh no lol

I do enjoy suffering. I find EQs to be way more fun when you have no moons left and half the mpa is dead because they still haven't learned how to dodge Loser's time stop. Secretly hoping they skip PD and go straight for the upgraded version instead.

I actually miss the episode 3 and 4 content. It was really varied and a lot of fun, even the xmas EQs. Now it's just catered to clearing as fast as possible to get the most runs in stop nobody touches the older stuff.

Ransu
May 19, 2020, 05:56 PM
I do enjoy suffering. I find EQs to be way more fun when you have no moons left and half the mpa is dead because they still haven't learned how to dodge Loser's time stop. Secretly hoping they skip PD and go straight for the upgraded version instead.

I actually miss the episode 3 and 4 content. It was really varied and a lot of fun, even the xmas EQs. Now it's just catered to clearing as fast as possible to get the most runs in stop nobody touches the older stuff.

If they don't have XH by the time PD comes then the ARKS buff will just carry the MPAs.

LordKaiser
May 19, 2020, 11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHHuASWH4rw 44:00 and beyond, It seems that the NA version have these many issues...

otakun
May 19, 2020, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHHuASWH4rw 44:00 and beyond, It seems that the NA version have these many issues...

The first issue this person had was literally what instantly turned me off from taking PSO2NA seriously.

Update: after watching most of the video, that whole weapon change issue really turns me off from the game.

Shambertin
May 20, 2020, 03:26 AM
I find no reason to move over to na pc version. been on jp since 2013 and no way am i redoing all my gear sets and leveling for all my classes and not to mention the amount of ££££ i spent on ac over the years. its good that there is an english offical version but at this stage of the games life it's too little too late XD im already waiting PSO3 announcement i'll stay on jp pso2 till it ends or they ban me for being a filthy gaijin again [ i lost one account this way] XD

Aurorra
May 20, 2020, 04:26 AM
How does the NA version deal with the things that PSO2es supplies in Japan? Soul Receptors/Factor Receptors, etc.

the_importer_
May 20, 2020, 07:32 AM
I find no reason to move over to na pc version. been on jp since 2013 and no way am i redoing all my gear sets and leveling for all my classes and not to mention the amount of ££££ i spent on ac over the years. its good that there is an english offical version but at this stage of the games life it's too little too late XD im already waiting PSO3 announcement i'll stay on jp pso2 till it ends or they ban me for being a filthy gaijin again [ i lost one account this way] XD

I doubt you were banned for JUST for being a foreigner.

Bellex
May 20, 2020, 08:52 AM
Do they give the system requirements? Will we be able to dl ahead of time?

ralf542
May 20, 2020, 10:02 AM
I doubt you were banned for JUST for being a foreigner.
_______

Been a whilce since I playd the JP version since it was, for a tims, all we had. However, when SEGA wiped out a ton of US accounts I was sadly also along with that mass wipe. So i put the game off for a long time till news of it coming to NA spared my interest again.

Sasamichan
May 20, 2020, 10:05 AM
I didn't expect it to release this early. Any idea what the official PSOW ship is gonna be?

the_importer_
May 20, 2020, 10:45 AM
_______

Never heard of such wipe, when was that? Got any better source than Reddit? Anyone else here on PSO-World got the same issue besides ディヴァインボウよいち ?

ralf542
May 20, 2020, 11:10 AM
Never heard of such wipe, when was that?
_____

fuck i dont recall how long the large wipe was on jp servers.

the_importer_
May 20, 2020, 11:33 AM
fuck i dont recall how long the large wipe was on jp servers.

Probably before my time and I started back in April 2014. Also, why the hell do you reply with a quote?

EDIT: Sorry, I got distracted from a phone call and forgot to type the rest,

Ezodagrom
May 20, 2020, 11:53 AM
The wipe was probably at the start of the DDoS attack in the summer of 2014. If I remember right, I think it happened to those that would repeatedly attempt to login when the attack first started happening?

Anduril
May 20, 2020, 11:58 AM
Probably before my time and I started back in April 2014. Also, why the hell do you reply

I can only think of two things this is referring to, the DDoS or one of the early waves of bans for cheating (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-japan-account-bans-7112012/). I know there are still people who think that the DDoS resulted in a deliberate IP block, so I wouldn't be surprised if some also thought it was an IP ban, or they were banned for "suspicious log-in activity" from using proxies that were giving vastly different IP addresses.

the_importer_
May 20, 2020, 01:24 PM
I can only think of two things this is referring to, the DDoS or one of the early waves of bans for cheating (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-japan-account-bans-7112012/). I know there are still people who think that the DDoS resulted in a deliberate IP block, so I wouldn't be surprised if some also thought it was an IP ban, or they were banned for "suspicious log-in activity" from using proxies that were giving vastly different IP addresses.

Oh yes, the great DDoS, forgot about that. Ya, I think that would explain their thinking.

Shambertin
May 20, 2020, 01:56 PM
wow replies XD yes it was during the ddos thing happening i never used proxies or anything but my account was blocked from logging in when it was going on and that account has never been able to log in since

ArcaneTechs
May 20, 2020, 05:12 PM
How does the NA version deal with the things that PSO2es supplies in Japan? Soul Receptors/Factor Receptors, etc.

they're apparently available in the exchange shop or droppable, I can't seem to find the source that confirms atm

UniverseLover
May 20, 2020, 08:22 PM
they're apparently available in the exchange shop or droppable, I can't seem to find the source that confirms atm

Only thing from PSO2es (idk about weapons) in an exchange shop atm are weaponoid boosters. Soul receptors and Factor receptors do not exist in NA "yet".

Kazzi
May 21, 2020, 06:36 PM
There were 3 huge ban waves I can think of on the JP servers.

The first ban wave was September 2012 about a month after launch due to an exploit in the old lobby where you could spam skills and get out of the map. It was pretty neat because it was the one time you could actually run into the GM accounts in the lobby. Anyone caught using the exploit got perma banned (including my alt I tried it on for fun).

The next was the huge actual IP ban wave in June 2014 due to the ddos attack the servers got hit with. 2ch went wild with conspiracy theories at the time and blamed China, I dunno if it was ever confirmed but the SEA players were blamed in the end for the great exodus of foreigners.

2015-2016 had on-off IP ban waves, sometimes you could get on others you had to use a proxy. I never personally had an issue during this time but I know a few Americans and one Australian who got hit. Especially in 2015 there used to be a tool that told you if dirty foreigners were blocked that day.

Then they stopped caring because episode 5 was just that bad they needed players.

Edit: I just saw the AC scratch rates lmao rip pole dancing LA.

Nisshoku
May 21, 2020, 10:25 PM
I remember this popping up a few days ago on one of my Twitter accounts, as it did spark some interest.
I remember E3 last year, and how my girlfriend reacted when Microsoft announced a PC version.

Since that time, I tried getting back into JP PSO2, even though most of my friends from then have all but disappeared from the game. I believe when I had tried to sign in a year or so ago, they changed their 2FA... and I apparently missed the window.

So as far as I know, I had lost all access to PSO2JP, PSO2es, the whole she-bang.

As for PSO2 NA... will I try it? Probably, if only for nostalgia's sake.
But for how long, it's really anyone's guess.

ArcaneTechs
May 21, 2020, 11:07 PM
I remember this popping up a few days ago on one of my Twitter accounts, as it did spark some interest.
I remember E3 last year, and how my girlfriend reacted when Microsoft announced a PC version.

Since that time, I tried getting back into JP PSO2, even though most of my friends from then have all but disappeared from the game. I believe when I had tried to sign in a year or so ago, they changed their 2FA... and I apparently missed the window.

So as far as I know, I had lost all access to PSO2JP, PSO2es, the whole she-bang.

As for PSO2 NA... will I try it? Probably, if only for nostalgia's sake.
But for how long, it's really anyone's guess.

2FA? if you weren't banned, you can still play. they dont delete your save files. worth trying to get into the game again if you want to, NA is so behind in content right now i'm waiting for it to somewhat catch to bother with it

Nisshoku
May 21, 2020, 11:25 PM
2FA? if you weren't banned, you can still play. they dont delete your save files. worth trying to get into the game again if you want to, NA is so behind in content right now i'm waiting for it to somewhat catch to bother with it

How exactly would I go by that?

ArcaneTechs
May 22, 2020, 12:58 AM
How exactly would I go by that?

well have you tried to login recently? if so, what is the window prompting you to do? (or what is it saying), if it's in JP, maybe post a screenshot of the error/notification message and we can go from there. It might want to you to re-authenticate your account with a code via e-mail

Nisshoku
May 22, 2020, 09:41 AM
Well, I did some checking last night... I still remember my password and stuff. I think that the one thing that is stopping me, is that I have to contact SEGA ID to remove my SecureOTP credentials, at least from what I can gather.

Pelayo
May 22, 2020, 05:08 PM
This is good news, I can't wait to play PSO2, I never jumped to the JP servers, even if i played PSU in JP. It is very late and there will be lots of fans that will not play NA versión because they spent lots of hours in JP, but there will be a lot of people playing this, for sure.

Anon_Fire
May 22, 2020, 06:52 PM
Which server is everyone gonna start off on?

ArcaneTechs
May 22, 2020, 11:11 PM
Well, I did some checking last night... I still remember my password and stuff. I think that the one thing that is stopping me, is that I have to contact SEGA ID to remove my SecureOTP credentials, at least from what I can gather.

i dont know how to go about the OTP stuff, is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the message anyways? (of course block out sensitive stuff)

Alena Zouryx
May 24, 2020, 04:37 AM
Geez, I haven't played PSO2 in like seven years... but I'm going to give it another go when it releases on PC this Wednesday.

Is there an 'official' or even an unofficial Ship for PSOW folks? I want to make sure I can play with the folks I've been playing PSO with for the past 18 years. <3

Genoa
May 24, 2020, 11:19 AM
I gave up on PSO2 NA so long ago and have entirely lost myself in FFXIV.
But I will definitely give PSO2 NA (PC) a shot.
This should be exciting :)

otakun
May 24, 2020, 11:21 AM
Geez, I haven't played PSO2 in like seven years... but I'm going to give it another go when it releases on PC this Wednesday.

Is there an 'official' or even an unofficial Ship for PSOW folks? I want to make sure I can play with the folks I've been playing PSO with for the past 18 years. <3

Most people, in general, are joining Ship2. Anyone with a brain will avoid Ship2, unfortunately I do not have such a thing.

Alena Zouryx
May 24, 2020, 09:06 PM
I gave up on PSO2 NA so long ago and have entirely lost myself in FFXIV.
But I will definitely give PSO2 NA (PC) a shot.
This should be exciting :)

Yeah, I've been playing XIV for years, myself... but I've been playing the PSO games since... what, I joined this site in 2002? You weren't far behind!

I'm hoping I can run into acquaintances and friends from the good ol' days, and hopefully we all can team up in the alliance I'm gonna create.

The Zouryx Empire shall live, once again. Ohhhh ho ho ho~!

sol_trigger
May 25, 2020, 09:45 PM
do we get any preload or something ? everyone downloading 80gb+ client on the first day gonna roast the server...

otakun
May 25, 2020, 10:07 PM
do we get any preload or something ? everyone downloading 80gb+ client on the first day gonna roast the server...

https://i.gyazo.com/45895120d2300de8eca9f847fd7c5f1e.png

sol_trigger
May 25, 2020, 11:00 PM
do we download on the MS store ? i searched PSO2 on the store but there's nothing

Anduril
May 25, 2020, 11:05 PM
do we download on the MS store ? i searched PSO2 on the store but there's nothing

It will be on the MS Store, and more than likely not be avaliable there until tomorrow at 11PM PDT (about 26 hours from this post).

Verkins
May 26, 2020, 01:16 AM
Waited long for this.

Kazzi
May 26, 2020, 09:47 PM
Most people, in general, are joining Ship2. Anyone with a brain will avoid Ship2, unfortunately I do not have such a thing.

It's a toss up between 4 servers actually.

Ship 1 for filthy casuals who've never played PSO2 and want nothing to do with the JP players.
Ship 2 for everyone and anyone who thinks they know how to play but probably still ran Saiki units in 2019
Ship 3 for people who just want a good time and don't want all the crap
Ship 4 if it opens so people aren't stuck with a crap economy and players who have items you can't get.

sol_trigger
May 26, 2020, 10:58 PM
preload is up, size : 11GB
can't get the download working at all it keeps saying "error" and tell me that my windows update was disabled while it is NOT

troubleshoot ain't do no crap, it said no problems was found

UniverseLover
May 26, 2020, 11:39 PM
preload is up, size : 11GB
can't get the download working at all it keeps saying "error" and tell me that my windows update was disabled while it is NOT

troubleshoot ain't do no crap, it said no problems was found

You have to wait until it is available for download anyway in about 1 hour and 20 min from this comment, of course it's not going to work. 11 PM Pacific Standard Time.

sol_trigger
May 27, 2020, 01:52 AM
still can't download , it keeps saying windows update was turned off ....

locutus442
May 27, 2020, 04:11 AM
It keeps saying "attempting to download", but it's not doing anything.

Bellex
May 27, 2020, 04:21 AM
It seems many people are having difficulties in downloading and opening the game.

Ezodagrom
May 27, 2020, 04:29 AM
Welcome to the Microsoft Store, there's a reason it's widely disliked, the thing barely works.

moorebounce
May 27, 2020, 05:13 AM
Yeah that Microsoft store is total crap. After it stop giving me error codes I've been stuck on 2.41GB. With my connection it would've been done downloading this 6 hours ago.

sol_trigger
May 27, 2020, 07:00 AM
i give up, no matter what i do it still saying my windows update is disabled and won't start the download

Blue-Hawk
May 27, 2020, 07:09 AM
Great game. I KNEW I was right to be a skeptic. Well, I guess a free title screen sim is all we're good for here.

Wow. A title screen sim. All it does is reload the title over and over again no matter how many times you press the enter key. All that waiting for nothing. Guess I was right, as usual, to have given up on PSO2 US.

Shear
May 27, 2020, 07:38 AM
Did you disable XBox Live? That's needed for the login. Some people (like me) cleaned that one up since they didn't use it so it needs to be reinstalled.

Meteor Weapon
May 27, 2020, 07:41 AM
Great game. I KNEW I was right to be a skeptic. Well, I guess a free title screen sim is all we're good for here.

Wow. A title screen sim. All it does is reload the title over and over again no matter how many times you press the enter key. All that waiting for nothing. Guess I was right, as usual, to have given up on PSO2 US.

play jp/s

Blue-Hawk
May 27, 2020, 07:41 AM
Did you disable XBox Live? That's needed for the login. Some people (like me) cleaned that one up since they didn't use it so it needs to be reinstalled.

No. Never used it in the first place before so I just left it as an afterthought. Checking the files again now.

sol_trigger
May 27, 2020, 07:48 AM
so is there really no other way to play without the crappy MS store ? that shit doesn't even want to download

Blue-Hawk
May 27, 2020, 07:57 AM
so is there really no other way to play without the crappy MS store ? that shit doesn't even want to download

Nope. No way to run this title screen sim other than the M$ store.

And if you think that one's crappy, apparently you have never tried the Epic store. Now THAT'S crappy.

Shear
May 27, 2020, 07:58 AM
No. Never used it in the first place before so I just left it as an afterthought. Checking the files again now.
If you never used it try opening it and hacking in your Login Information, it doesn't just use the cached ones from the store.

sol_trigger
May 27, 2020, 08:03 AM
Nope. No way to run this title screen sim other than the M$ store.

And if you think that one's crappy, apparently you have never tried the Epic store. Now THAT'S crappy.

i thought the game goes live tomorrow, today is just the preload

Blue-Hawk
May 27, 2020, 08:06 AM
If you never used it try opening it and hacking in your Login Information, it doesn't just use the cached ones from the store.

You know what? I'm done with this laughable farce. I refuse to jump through so many hoops to play a game this old and was never really coming here in the first place. RiP PSO.
And here I actually had a tiny glimmer of hope that this was real. Stupid me.

locutus442
May 27, 2020, 08:07 AM
Tried downloading it on my brother's computer (his is a lot better than mine). Finally got it to download, but now I'm stuck at 7.19 gigs out of 11.14 gigs downloaded.

Edit: finally downloading at a normal rate.

Tymek
May 27, 2020, 09:33 AM
Not sure if this was posted here yet, but character files from the Japanese version work flawlessly. I was able to realign my NA char with how he looked in JP during the EP4 era without any issues.

sol_trigger
May 27, 2020, 11:38 AM
the launcher fucking shit i have downloaded 93k+ files , clicked start game and it starts download 93k+ files again like what the actual fuck

after all those years the launcher is still this fucking trash

https://i.postimg.cc/k4BynZPw/Untitled.jpg

rudofalz
May 27, 2020, 01:04 PM
The launcher is unbearably slow.
Then again I am downloading from Europe so maybe that's a factor.

landman
May 27, 2020, 02:09 PM
Yay we got NA Pc launch. Now waiting for NA Tweaker because this trash launcher wont even work. It's laughable the amount of workarounds you have to do for something that should simply work after it's downloaded from the shop :wacko:

Sm0keydaBear
May 27, 2020, 04:26 PM
I found a workaround that requires a bit of file permission ownership changes. If you go to the PSO2 main website in the forums under support, there is a few threads on it.

MikonX
May 27, 2020, 04:52 PM
Yay we got NA Pc launch. Now waiting for NA Tweaker because this trash launcher wont even work. It's laughable the amount of workarounds you have to do for something that should simply work after it's downloaded from the shop :wacko:

But if there's a NA version Tweaker, there goes everyone's arguments against supporting the real version for the past 7 years...:rolleyes:

ArcaneTechs
May 27, 2020, 06:25 PM
But if there's a NA version Tweaker, there goes everyone's arguments against supporting the real version for the past 7 years...:rolleyes:

BUT ITS DIFFERENT, IM SUPPORTING NA EVEN THOUGH THE MAJORITY OF THE MONEY IS GOING TO SOJ

Sriracha X
May 27, 2020, 07:30 PM
Well...I'm of the lucky few that managed to get in without any Microsoft Store/launcher problems. In-game, things seem fine except that loading menus/people/etc can kill your FPS baaaad. Hanging out in the lobby is straight awful

Scejntjynahl
May 28, 2020, 11:28 AM
Well...I'm of the lucky few that managed to get in without any Microsoft Store/launcher problems. In-game, things seem fine except that loading menus/people/etc can kill your FPS baaaad. Hanging out in the lobby is straight awful

I waited 8 years for this. Took 4 reinstall. Disabling all firewalls. Making sure I had at least 80 gb free space, the 11 gb they say is a lie, the rest comes in the patch you have to suffer through. Suffered many crashes/error messages in character create. After basically 2 days of trying to figure out / fix / Im finally in and the lobby is a molasses mess and frame skipping. I waited 8 years, I am going to wait to see if they fix any of this because this launch for an 8 year old game was lackluster to put it mildly. I have other friends who are still struggling with loading in. Struggling with character create. And in some cases gameguard disappeared and wont even launch the launcher... etc etc etc.

I am disappointed to say the least, but what did I expect from Segac...

Loveless62
May 28, 2020, 02:12 PM
the launcher fucking shit i have downloaded 93k+ files , clicked start game and it starts download 93k+ files again like what the actual fuck

after all those years the launcher is still this fucking trash

When you are on (1/2), it is counting files, not downloading them. It starts downloading them at (2/2).

I've actually stopped and started the download a few times (since it was lagging other things I was doing). Each time at (1/2) it counted to about 90K, but at (2/2) it started where I stopped it.

To be fair, the whole process did take all day though.

Yeah, the lobby is laggy. They needs to scale up those Azure instances. :lol:

ArcaneTechs
May 28, 2020, 03:08 PM
I waited 8 years for this. Took 4 reinstall. Disabling all firewalls. Making sure I had at least 80 gb free space, the 11 gb they say is a lie, the rest comes in the patch you have to suffer through. Suffered many crashes/error messages in character create. After basically 2 days of trying to figure out / fix / Im finally in and the lobby is a molasses mess and frame skipping. I waited 8 years, I am going to wait to see if they fix any of this because this launch for an 8 year old game was lackluster to put it mildly. I have other friends who are still struggling with loading in. Struggling with character create. And in some cases gameguard disappeared and wont even launch the launcher... etc etc etc.

I am disappointed to say the least, but what did I expect from Segac...

just go play on JP, infinitely better and none of the hassle that NA is giving AND with an English patch AND you're supporting the actual company making content directly

MikonX
May 28, 2020, 03:47 PM
But...but...I don't wanna have to jump through hoops!

ArcaneTechs
May 28, 2020, 04:47 PM
But...but...I don't wanna have to jump through hoops!

ya the Captcha boss and translated walkthroughs are super tough

Meteor Weapon
May 28, 2020, 06:34 PM
People complaining not wanting to jump through hoops and stuff and yet willing to wait on downloading on a faulty launcher that is 10x worst and takes 10x longer.

MikonX
May 28, 2020, 06:49 PM
It's hilarious. All these problems with the supposedly superior, trouble-free, NA version... Meanwhile, I'm just chillin' here with my 1,000+ hours over 11 characters on the original version and zero issues.

ArcaneTechs
May 28, 2020, 07:26 PM
meanwhile Xbox1 players dont have a care in the world, playing the game like norm

Tymek
May 29, 2020, 04:49 AM
Fred White, PSO2 NA's Head of Marketing:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/164755988346306560/715864330129899520/EZLRA0cU4AAu1se.png?width=542&height=475

In other words:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/204712131847913481/715863167045074984/EZLPmMYVcAEPJKv.png

landman
May 29, 2020, 05:06 AM
Well... it's a marketing guy, nothing strange lol

Shear
May 29, 2020, 06:27 AM
He's not exactly wrong either, the amount of players was ... surprising. Imagine if the launch went well and everyone was able to log in fine. Pretty sure the Servers would explode and we would have very different kinds of angry posts here.
Considering how low profile that launch was this is pretty interesting. Word of Mouth is truly powerfull

Loveless62
May 29, 2020, 10:11 AM
It looks like a workaround has been found for the lobby lag:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gsn90o/workaround_fix_unbearable_lobby_lag/

LUL, how weird.

BWS-1
May 31, 2020, 11:45 PM
me: ''welp, guess I'm gonna just get an xbone''
microsoft: ''JUST AS PLANNED''

Ranmaru
Jun 11, 2020, 02:06 PM
I'm playing it on PC. I'm glad to see news about this in the front page too. If anyone wants to hit me up and play, let me know.