PDA

View Full Version : how do i get my ps4 controller to work?

EvilJohn
May 27, 2020, 09:15 PM
I went through the settings and did it correctly, my duelshock4 /ps4 controller just won't work. anyone have a fix for this? i'm on PC north American version.

the_importer_
May 27, 2020, 10:56 PM
DS4Windows

Roontek
May 30, 2020, 05:54 PM
Will DS4 work with the Nintendo Pro Controller as well?

MikonX
May 30, 2020, 06:04 PM
Why would a program called "DS4," as in "DualShock4," work with Nintendo controllers?

Roontek
May 30, 2020, 06:15 PM
Why would a program called "DS4," as in "DualShock4," work with Nintendo controllers?

Because we live in a time wherein most things are plug and play and considering the Pro controller has a more similar layout to the Xbox controller than does the PS4 controller, the hope would be that the mapping in DS4 would work. If the software is designed to recognize a general USB input and remap to the xbox layout, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Outside of this, it's been many years since using this forum and last I remembered it was a helpful welcoming community. I see the rising generations since are not that way. Shame.

MikonX
May 30, 2020, 06:29 PM
Stupid questions are still stupid questions.

30 seconds of Googling and you'd find that the Switch Pro controller IS already compatible with PCs, it just needs to connect through Bluetooth. (https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-connect-a-nintendo-switch-controller-to-a-pc/)

Roontek
May 30, 2020, 07:40 PM
Stupid questions are still stupid questions.

30 seconds of Googling and you'd find that the Switch Pro controller IS already compatible with PCs, it just needs to connect through Bluetooth. (https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-connect-a-nintendo-switch-controller-to-a-pc/)

I didn't ask how to connect the Pro controller to Windows.

I use it daily with Steam games and use it both wired and wireless. Any attempt to use it in PSO2, wired or Bluetooth does not work, no matter how many times to reset to default on the control selection screen. My question was geared towards those that have attempted to use DS4 with the Pro controller. It's a pretty straight forward question for those that have attempted it. Given the lack of responses, I'll see for myself if I can get it to work. Was looking to avoid investing more time in trying to get a controller that works in all other aspects and with other platforms. And before you come back with another chide response, I've already attempted a search on these and other forums asking this exact question.

sol_trigger
May 30, 2020, 10:59 PM
my xbox controller worked on JP but doesn't work on NA

huck
May 31, 2020, 03:47 PM
Because we live in a time wherein most things are plug and play and considering the Pro controller has a more similar layout to the Xbox controller than does the PS4 controller, the hope would be that the mapping in DS4 would work. If the software is designed to recognize a general USB input and remap to the xbox layout, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Outside of this, it's been many years since using this forum and last I remembered it was a helpful welcoming community. I see the rising generations since are not that way. Shame.

Most people on this forum are extremely rude so don't take what they say here seriously

landman
May 31, 2020, 04:56 PM
my xbox controller worked on JP but doesn't work on NA
I got an XBO controller after all my 360 controllers had some drift or broke, and it works ok in PSO2 NA.

sol_trigger
May 31, 2020, 05:10 PM
and if i enable game controller as primary control device, the game will cause a weird bug, it will enable the mouse cursor like pressing T but this time there is no way to turn it off, you can't control the camera and my gamepad don't even work

Tyreek
May 31, 2020, 05:45 PM
I got an XBO controller after all my 360 controllers had some drift or broke, and it works ok in PSO2 NA.

Seeing as its a Microsoft product, and on Xbox One itself, it seems evident that it was the only controller working. My Steam controller isn't even recognized on this version. Also found out within the NA version that you cannot calibrate your controller like the JP version. They completely removed it,

landman
May 31, 2020, 06:27 PM
The Steam controller is not recognised on anything that doesn't run on Steam lol or even emulators running through Steam, unless you bind keyboard inputs. We will have to wait for the rumoured Steam release to use it like in PSO2 JP (also dual shock 4 and switch pro without extra drivers).