PDA

View Full Version : Which rare mag or mag can recover you if you die?

Rare
Mar 9, 2001, 09:50 PM
Which rare mag or mag can recover you if you die?

Drake
Mar 9, 2001, 11:41 PM
All third-stage (level 50+) MAGs *may* revive you if you die. To improve your chances, keep them well-fed and raise their Synchro and IQ as high as possible.

IceBlink
Mar 11, 2001, 04:19 PM
My MAG managed to help me in a non-boss fight... I was stuck in a dark room in the mines, and about to be killed, when my mag started spinning and made me invulnerable... managed to kill off the things in the room, and about a minute later, it stopped spinning. Heh.

I was using a Bana at the time, if I remember... and it usually is dependant on IQ and sync...

But as for dying, my MAG hasn't saved me from that... I guess your other option is to carry a scape doll or something. ^_^;

MsFortune
Mar 17, 2001, 01:24 PM
my ila revived me in the mines when i nearly died. i was so surprised that i just looked on for 30 seconds, which was long enough for me to die again.

IceBlink
Mar 18, 2001, 04:32 PM
On 2001-03-17 10:24, MsFortune wrote:
my ila revived me in the mines when i nearly died. i was so surprised that i just looked on for 30 seconds, which was long enough for me to die again.[addsig]

Heh, it's happened to me when I had Garuda. ^_^; I was in the ruins... ^_^

Ah well... gonna get Apsaras, and see what that can do... ^_^

-EnemY-
Mar 19, 2001, 06:25 AM
i got a soniti and it almost ALWAYS grants me inv. in boss fights and when i get low on hp it heals me too. it also always grants inv when pb is full. but it has never revived me. my kama did it a few times but wasn't anything to count on....seemed like it did it more during boss fights tho, when i really needed it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Reaper
Mar 19, 2001, 05:07 PM
In reply to Ice Blink's first post I have a bana at the moment too, in the ruins I was getting beaten up pretty bad (by those things that hang on the roof) and it started spinning around too, this happened as soon as my PB bar reached 100 and I kicked their asses, I then went into the next room and tried to use a dimate when by accident I pulled off a PB instead, what a waste!!!

===starts laughing histerically===

Reaper

Seanjin
Mar 20, 2001, 02:31 PM
Ushasu was my mag, lvl 148, and it cast resta when i was at 10%hp, cast power up during boss, and at 100%, made me invincible for at least 20 minutes at a time. it's synch was 120% and IQ was 182. check the cheaters sect to see why i dont have it anymore.

Nynaeve
Mar 20, 2001, 04:17 PM
Last night just poking around on Ruins 1 and my Mag, Ravana, revived me 3 times in a row - I was being less than careful trying to get my PB meter up (I've also never been able to use my Mag's PB before last night, call me a wimp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif ) and I died, and the screen went red, and I waited for the "Return to Pioneer 2?" question, and boom, I was back in the action...and I repeated this 2 more times in the next few minutes. This never happened to me even once before last night so I was happily surprised!

MSZ-016
Mar 20, 2001, 06:16 PM
Quote from IceBlink:
Ah well... gonna get Apsaras, and see what that can do... ^_^

-------------

i currently have asparas at lvl 200, sync 120 and iq 200. it will give you invulnerability (most of the time) at boss, casts resta/or invulerability when near death, and casts shifta/deband as well. even when the iq was pretty low (like 50 since i was feeding sols for pwr), it gave me invulnerability at the bosses. now after countless diet of star atoms, tri's i finally got it up to sync 120 and iq 200. yay!!!

IceBlink
Mar 20, 2001, 09:58 PM
i currently have asparas at lvl 200, sync 120 and iq 200. it will give you invulnerability (most of the time) at boss, casts resta/or invulerability when near death, and casts shifta/deband as well. even when the iq was pretty low (like 50 since i was feeding sols for pwr), it gave me invulnerability at the bosses. now after countless diet of star atoms, tri's i finally got it up to sync 120 and iq 200. yay!!!

Well, after countless dimates, moon atoms and antidotes, it's finally at level 200, IQ 200, and sync 120%! ^_^

Heh... every time I level up (character level up, that is), it gives me invincibility. When I reach 100% for a PB, it gives me invincibility. When I almost got killed, it gave me invincibility.

I think I like this mag. ^_^

I know this will be off-topic... but if someone makes a huge character with a mag, feeds it pass level 15, say, and gives that mag to a average-sized character, will the mag remain huge?

Think about it... get Garuda, Apsaras or some other 'wings' type mag, and it might look like angel wings for your character. ^_^

All this effort just to make your character look pretty for online play... heh! ^_^;

Maximum-Burst
Mar 26, 2001, 04:13 AM
I know this will be off-topic... but if someone makes a huge character with a mag, feeds it pass level 15, say, and gives that mag to a average-sized character, will the mag remain huge?

Think about it... get Garuda, Apsaras or some other 'wings' type mag, and it might look like angel wings for your character. ^_^

All this effort just to make your character look pretty for online play... heh! ^_^;

[addsig]

That would be really cool If they could be your wings.

Acel
Mar 26, 2001, 11:42 AM
Not all mags WILL revive you. Who the hell said that was true? Sheesh. I know better because I have tons of mags. Anyway, to name one cos Im a humar. Max synchro SOMA revives you. Nuff said.

RyoGeo
Mar 26, 2001, 04:39 PM
Hey guys. My mag bounces between Apsaras and Bana depending on the relationship between POW and MIND. I have found that the Bana is a little more reliable as far as invincibility goes, but the Apsaras is really good too. It may just me that I let my sync slide tho, not sure. I sure like my Bana tho.

Reaper
Mar 26, 2001, 05:04 PM
I am trying to get an asparas at the moment, I hear they look really cool and big!!!

Can I have more info on them if possible please

Cheers,

Ben

Xaken
Mar 27, 2001, 05:24 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if MAGs the "revive" you was just a misunderstanding.

A good number of the MAGs cast Resta once you get to 10% HP (at random, not consistantly). Most do Shifta/Deband. My favorites are the few that use invicablily instead.

Anyway. It might just be that the people actually being revived had Scape Dolls on them that they forgot about (or they are just silly and didn't know what a Scape Doll did).

I know once or twice when I happen to find a number of Scape Dolls in a few levels. I would die and then go.... "what the heck?" Remembering a moment later I had the Dolls to save me.

So, we have two contriduters:

1. People using bad terminology calling a much needed resta as a "revive"

2. People saved by an forgotten Scape Doll

You could also add:

3. People that got revived my a teammate very quickly (and the player never noticed where it came from).

If any MAG actually CAN revive you, it's probably a pretty rare thing to happen. I've had many different MAGs (most of them actually), and i do my fair share of dying. I know I've never been revived.

Maximum-Burst
Mar 27, 2001, 05:51 AM
I have yet to have been recovered by my mag soooooo. I just carry the always reliable Scape Doll.

Acel
Mar 28, 2001, 04:49 AM
My mag revived me when
1. I was on normal
2. I was level20+ and didnt have any scape dolls with me(nor were they even sold in the shops yet)...could only go up to mines btw
3. I was playing offline. (What ally?)

Question now: HOW the hell could I have been MISTAKEN that my SOMA(120% synchro) revived me?

Maximum-Burst
Mar 28, 2001, 07:09 AM
I just looked it up in the "Perfect Guide" to PSO and the Mags that Can use Reverser [meaning they revive you] are:
Andhaka, Asparas (although he never did it for me), Bana (yet to do it for me), Bhirava, Durga, Garuda (no luck on a reverse yet), Ila, Kabanda, Kaitabha, Kama, Dumara, Madhu, Marcia, Naga, Nandin, Naraka, Ravana, Ribhava, Sita, Soma, Ushasu (does anyone know how to get this one), Varaha, and Yaksa (who has yet to do it for me).

Maximum-Burst
Mar 28, 2001, 07:11 AM
The mags that cast Resta when your Mag is in the area of 1-10 HP are as follows:
Andhaka, Bhirava, Garuda, Ila, Kaitabha, Kumara, Madhu, Marcia, Namuci, Naraka, Rudra, Sita, Sumba, Surya, Tapas, Ushasu, Varaha, Vayu, and Yaksa.

Kamotz
Mar 31, 2001, 03:45 PM
All MAGs do something different for Boss fight, 10% health, PB-meter full and
death.* You can find out what MAG does what and when at PSO Jazz. Here's
the URL: http://anzu.sakura.ne.jp/~kuga/pso/mag/dic_e.html