PDA

View Full Version : My Job...

FinalMasterM
May 3, 2003, 11:27 AM
I feel I have the right to rant and whine about my job. I've been there nearly a year and things started out great. But all great things must come to an end.

Lately, work has been getting worse... The only person I can get along with is leaving in 2-3 weeks, when our new boss is set to arrive. Our boss, Jason, has a new store, closer to where he lives and Shelley (the person I was talking about before) doesn't plan on taking over the full-time manager position, it doesn't pay enough to be off for 1 day a week and put up with everyone's crap. I can't take it either, I can't even get along with Vicky, who is a friend that helped me get the job. I can only see things getting worse when the new boss joins. I'll be looked at as the lowest form of life and probably still be a stupid "part-timer" even after new people start below me.

I think it's time I move onto another job, 3rd shift at Wal-Mart sounds really nice. Not a lot of people to deal with, I work best at night, and I have all the skills needed. At my current job I do the work it would normally take 3 people todo: run a register, stock the shelves, and clean the store (mop, dust, etc). and I get paid as if I was a kid getting an allowance.

Axispoint
May 3, 2003, 11:52 AM
i've worked night laundry at my workplace for over a year. i was good at my job and both me and my boss got lots of compliments about how well I did my stuff. well, about a week and a half ago, I came into work to find a note from my boss. she was coming in later to talk to me about some shift changes. i figured it was just changing my hours, but in the back of my mind i had a feeling that it was a lot worse than that. turns out the latter was the truth.

my boss came in and told me that as of that night when I clocked out, there would be no more night laundry. i was afraid i was going to be out of work, but luckily my boss kept me on to do work in housekeeping, which I hate because the hours suck and there's so many people around...night laundry was nice since I don't like being around people as much. if i had been at any other job, prolly wouldn't have a job right now.

sorry for job woes, but I know how you feel http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

oh, and my friend used to work wal-mart third shift and he really liked it. he still talks to people he used to work with, lol

FinalMasterM
May 3, 2003, 12:08 PM
My first week I worked 43 hours (3 hours overtime), and was still pumped to work more. My frist 2 trucks I did the whole food section ALONE, 5+ U-boats (sp?) full of food items, thats more work than 5 people, now, can do in 1 day. I don't care what I'm doing for the time I work as long as the pay is good and I don't have to put up with a bunch of people to bring me down.

Axispoint
May 4, 2003, 06:15 PM
heh...I wish I could be around people less at my job now, but alas, I can't :-/...and hopefully people don't make me mad like they did Friday...that day was very bad :-/

ABDUR101
May 4, 2003, 07:13 PM
I used to be one hell of a social phobe, but damn, on my days off I actually miss those at work. =|

Except for one person, who really needs to just be fired and thrown out on her ass... =X

Axispoint
May 4, 2003, 08:24 PM
there's one person I like talking to at the nursing home I work at, but when I leave, I still really don't miss it. I don't even like going to the state fair 'cos there's so many people o_0. lol...maybe I'll get over it one day, but problem is I've been that way since I was little.