PDA

View Full Version : Luck Issue

Zipp0
Feb 16, 2001, 10:32 PM
Ok, I have seen so many issues here dealing with what LUCK actually does. Some people say you'll get better items when fighting, some people say it has to do with how often a deathblow or special attack occurs, and others say that its nothing.

One thing I would like to know which really cant be proven by anybody but maybe the developers of the game is... When you pick up a special weapon is it predetermined? Or is it random before you check to see what it actually is, and that LUCK actually gives you a better chance of getting that 'rare' item everybody wants. The only way you could actaully tell is by being able to let a newbie with 5 LUCK or such see what the item is and then give it to somebody with like 60 LUCK and see if the item is different or the same.

Does anybody actually know if the item is predetermined(special weapons) or will everybody get something different from that same item?

ragnarok
Feb 16, 2001, 10:36 PM
I THINK it might be random. I wouldnt believe that they can do that, maybe a rear item found by you is deremined by your sectionID but that is it. This is what I think, i might be wrong.

Cheech
Feb 16, 2001, 10:54 PM
I think it's both, I was fighting a Boobma, and when he died, he popped out a Parasite Wear: Nelgal! I was really surprised (Forest 1, V-hard). But it's really hard to determine, since there is a possibilty that is it predetermined.

rekonstruct
Feb 16, 2001, 10:59 PM
I think its predetermined. You can equip the item even though it is still unknown, you can usually tell what it is just by looking at it when you equip it. I like to be surprised though, only keep getting dissappointed at Varistas and DB sabers. Arrrgh.

Tkc613
Feb 16, 2001, 11:58 PM
I believe it is predetermined. So if you find a grand twinblade or something else rare, and the tekker says it is -50% in everything, don't despair. Select not to believe him and that particular item will go to the bottom of the list of your specials for you to get a better %.

A little off-topic, whatever percent it is, chances are that it will stay within +/- 15%.

I am convinced that luck affects your critical attacks and # of items found. Running through offline ruins netted me about 7-8 specials total when my luck was under 20. Now it is over 50 and I get about 7-8 specials per floor in the ruins. I also notice the chances of my critical attacks increasing significantly. Sometimes I get 3 criticals in a row. Try that with 10 luck.

As for the rarity of the items that you do get: I'm not sure. I used to keep all my materials stocked up in my bank. At one point my luck was around 22. I found a double saber (maybe not so great, but pretty rare find) with this luck in vhard caves after about 60 hours of gameplay. After using my luck materials, I increased my luck up to 40 at that point in my game. Since then, I have found two more double sabers (mines and ruins). Before 90 hours of gameplay.