PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Support is full of bloody idiots...

s3rial_one
May 7, 2003, 11:34 AM
...I know that level 1 support drones are rarely helpful; just reading some damned script that's essentially a reiterated manual. But someone really fucked up at Microsoft.

Try calling them, emailing them, or chatting with them regarding PSOX, and you'll be referred to Sega -- the company that has as much to do with PSOX as Dubya does with GLAAD.

Some assclown at Microsoft has mistakenly informed their techs, and not just the low-level ones, that Sega made PSOX, and that Sega maintains PSOX.

I spoke to a low-level tech on the xbox.com chat room regarding cheating on PSOX, and whether or not Microsoft had any intent to prevent it. Aside from being given an insultingly simple response ("Any cheating that occurs results from "holes" in the code"), I was told to call Sega. Not once, and not just this issue. I've spoken to Microsoft on 3 seperate occaisions regarding 3 different issues every since PSOX was released, and every time, some dumbass tells me to call Sega, who in turn tells me that someone at Microsoft's a flaming idiot...

Newsflash, you Microsoft assholes! Sega has dick-all to do with PSOX! Sonic Team made the game (not that you could tell by going to their retina-searing piece of shit website), Microsoft published it, and Microsoft maintains the servers!

It makes me want to go down to Microsoft's support hive with a baseball bat that says "Microsoft, not Sega!" and start cracking support drones upside the head until they get the fucking clue.

So, suffice it to say that the jackoffs from GameFAQs and all their ilk will continue to ruin the game with their hacks, because Microsoft doesn't even know who the fuck's running the game, much less how to fix it!

Sham
May 7, 2003, 02:53 PM
Word to the wise: Edit/Delete this post before some unsuspecting microsoft/x-box fan decides to view it, resulting in verbal homicide.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
May 7, 2003, 03:13 PM
Wow, I don't know who the hell you are, but that was a great rant. Not only is the grammar excellent (as far as I could tell), but you didn't take any side except your own.

It's rare to find someone think out a rant as well as you have.

Goodluck with your problems on PSOX. I'm damn glad I don't have an Xbox, because I might have been forced to buy PSOX...

Nawms
May 7, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-05-07 09:34, s3rial_one wrote:

fucked up at Microsoft.

Some assclown at Microsoft

some dumbass tells me to call Sega,

Newsflash, you Microsoft assholes!

Sega has dick-all to do with PSOX!

Sonic Team made the game (not that you could tell by going to their retina-searing piece of shit website).

cracking support drones upside the head until they get the fucking clue.

Someones mad. And I can understand why.
Do you happen to have an extra baseball bat with you.

Scriptor
May 7, 2003, 07:10 PM
Well, the way I see it- there's always ways of avoiding around 95% of coder/hacker related problems. Even something as simple as, you and your friends play on a "rare" and unpopulated ship.

And look on the bright side- at least there's no "server maintanence" where NOTHING noticable changes, except for eggs and the like appearing in lobbies, and the only discernable effect being your screwed out of X hours of gaming you just paid X amount of currency for. I mean if they are as unaware as you say, hopefully, "server maintanence" is all but dead. Completly uninterrupted PSO.

Also, even if they was 'working' against the coders/hackers- that is a 'fight' we all know they are ultimately going to lose. Especially when there's a Hard Disk Drive involved, from what I understand.

Droxitr
May 7, 2003, 08:37 PM
Good rant. I have had BAD experiences with Microsoft Tech Support, but only for their games. Asheron's Call I've had an ass of a time with, and another that I can't recall.
Generally, try to avoid Microsoft games. They do not support many of them well.

LamerPanda
May 13, 2003, 04:36 PM
I've had to use Microsoft tech support once, and it was such a pain I'd rather let my computer die than go through it again.

I needed a simple hard disk restore disk, and Compaq tech support told me to order one through Microsoft. I tried, they sent me the wrong disk, I tried again, and they sent me a different, but still wrong, disk.

My computer was down for 2 months before I finally got the right disk.

I might get an X-Box someday, but if it breaks, I'm just buying a new one.

Don't expect anything to be done about the cheating, since most of Microsoft's profits are more likely from computers than consoles. Even then, most of their video games sales aren't PSO.