PDA

View Full Version : If you don't meet the rule requirements of a team, don't fuc

Sham
May 7, 2003, 03:31 PM
I know this thread will be pointless, because assholes will be assholes. But at least I can rant about it on a PSOW forum.

If a team says "LV50+ ONLY", and you're LV45, don't enter, period. I don't see why it's so hard for people to grasp this. I often make teams that, somewhere in the title, it clearly says "Lv130+". But of course, I can't even count how many times I've had LV80-129's strolling into my team.

It's not about being "mean", or "prejudiced", or "biased", or "underestimating", (yes, people have used all four of those words referring to my team in the past), it's about me not wanting Lv83 HUmars frolicking around my Ruins game. Plain and simple. I'm a force, and I don't get my kicks by babysitting a group of low level, dupe-using idiots. (Not to say that high levels don't use dupes.)

Yet for some strange reason, people continuously ignore the team name, thinking I'll for some reason, make them be the exception to my "rule." And then they go so far as to run to the area I'm in, and refuse to leave. If you want to be in a team so badly, go make one. Don't enter mine, and call me a meanie while refusing to leave, and only come up with the pathetic excuse of "there arent ne other ult games". It's a lot easier to completely ignore a team that isolates you because of your character/class/level/legitimacy level, rather than enter the game and make things annoying for everyone.

I know it's not against the TOS to break a rule set by a fellow PSO player; but have some courtesy and/or online etiquette.

...Piss on Sonic Team for not implementing a custom level requirement adjuster when you create a team.

Orange_Coconut
May 7, 2003, 03:33 PM
Eh, well 129 isn't gonna make much of a difference, plus some people can survive at low levels. It really depends on who's joining really.

Aurra
May 7, 2003, 04:40 PM
Seems like many people on PSO have some issues with respecting others' wishes... usually three out of the four people who join your average "legits only" team will be using dupes

I agree that a level 129 character joining a 130+ team won't make too much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, but if the team creator obviously wants only people who meet certain requirements joining, you should be respectful and not join if you don't meet them.

Sham
May 7, 2003, 04:49 PM
I've let a Lv129 or two stay in the game. More concerned with keeping out the Lv89's and Lv113's. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

Jack
May 8, 2003, 05:37 AM
It does get annoying when a newly level 40 player joins a VHard Seabed game, and proceeds to get the merry hell beaten out of him. But then again, if you let them stay, they'll quickly gain experience points.

CajunSamurai
May 8, 2003, 06:19 AM
Ugh, yeah... The other day my friend made a game called something like "Ruins Lv120+ HU" (HU since we both use FOnewearls and desperately need HU support for Grans, Indi Belras and Dark Bringers), and I SWEAR, every Lv80 kid around joined our game before their mothers pulled the plug and sent them off to school. No less than 7 people logged off mid way, jeez.
And about 4 of them were well under our requested level. GRAAAAAAH!

brillyfresh
May 9, 2003, 03:02 PM
On 2003-05-08 04:19, CajunSamurai wrote:
"Ruins Lv120+ HU" (HU since we both use FOnewearls and desperately need HU support for Grans, Indi Belras and Dark Bringers)

for a force, HU support = meat shield

right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Reenee
May 9, 2003, 05:18 PM
So, uh, what about us logical people that can hold our own ground in the game? Level 50 is pretty much the requirement for entering Very Hard Mines, right? What if I was a Level 48 Hunter using a Partisan, where, oh, almost every damn enemy in the Mines either falls down (Gillchics), or changes position when hit (Canadines)? Hey, I make the friggin' effort not to get hit by Sinows. I know how to provoke them to attack the air, not me. And a Garanz? At such a low level, it'd take a minute or two to take down, especially when there's two of them. Of course I'll be cautious to use a Handgun. So, Sham, would you let me in, without knowing any of the above?

Sham
May 9, 2003, 06:28 PM
Probably not. Then again, I don't know; I don't make level requirements for Very Hard games. And I definitely don't assume the average PSO player has enough intelligence to do the things you said you're able to do(even though it doesn't take intelligence, just a smidgen of common sense?), simply because most just don't.

Besides, I base my requirements on what I feel is right, not on someone's abilities. I feel that LV130+ is an adequate level for any character to make it through Ruins with level 30 support techs, without being babysat or Resta'd every 5 seconds. Matter of fact, I'd prefer my Ruins teams to be Lv150 and above, but no way I'd ever be that strict. I really don't think about player's abilities/experience.

I just want some LV130+ players to enter my team when I make it LV130+ only. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

raiden999
May 9, 2003, 08:32 PM
I just always made some far fetched name and passworded it. Kept people I didn't want out, and let people I wanted to play with in.

Mystil
May 9, 2003, 09:06 PM

120+ is adequate enough, if you have 30 s/d...that's just doubting your own abilities. I can take on ruins online on my owm with my sil. And my SD/JZ is 18/20 19/18...Ruins is easy..

But you're right though..if you have a set standard in your game. People should adhere by it.

I'd never do that though, cause people that don't belong in the standard will join anyway, to cause trouble.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-05-09 19:07 ]</font>

brillyfresh
May 10, 2003, 11:37 AM
it does make more sense to request level requirements in ultimate, since a range of 120 levels is too broad for particular areas in ultimate, such as seabed or ruins

in the lower difficulties, the ranges seem to be more appropriate though, but it still takes common sense ... if you are a level 40, don't try to brave ruins just yet, unless you know you can hold your own

likewise, if you are a level 80, don't even think about ult. ruins or seabed, unless you're shooting for 0% mag synchro and annoying your teammates with your dead carcass in every room

Vantamiath
May 10, 2003, 03:55 PM
ROFLMAO!!!

Sham...the fact that you made a rant on this is giving me a sideache from laughing!!

Last week I was in a battle game, and the game name was...

"BA6 HU 4R"

and you entered with your FO when you fucking knew it was a HU-only game. Dont argue back that we didnt ask you politely to leave, because, that's not the point. You KNEW it was a HU only battle game and you joined just to piss us off.

*COOOOGH HIPOCRIT*

So you want other people to respect your games, then just piss on everyone elses?

This shit is a 2-way street, you know.

Sham
May 10, 2003, 08:13 PM
Haha. First of all, you didn't ask me to leave. You simply said "do you not have any respect for the team name?" I didn't actually think you'd let me battle with you. Which is why I pretended to be an idiot asking "so where do we go 2 ba?", "hold on i need my weps plz".

If you had of told/asked me to leave, I would of. But you fell for the routine, and thought you could take advantage. Yeah, that was a perfect execution of hypocrisy on my part; I only entered because I thought A) I'd be kicked out or B) you'd fall for it, and hope to get a quick/easy win.

Can't complain that much since you did start the battle up with no further questions, after spotting my glaring "noobness"...

Edit- The team was named "B6 HU 4R"? What were you, a RAmar, doing in it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-05-10 18:16 ]</font>

Vantamiath
May 11, 2003, 03:43 PM
On 2003-05-10 18:13, Sham wrote:
Edit- The team was named "B6 HU 4R"? What were you, a RAmar, doing in it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-05-10 18:16 ]</font>

I made the game.

kthx.

Sham
May 11, 2003, 05:51 PM
Then don't expect people to take it so seriously when the creator doesn't adhere to his own rules.

Your user title makes all too much sense, now. How could you not label yourself "highest RA ba wins on pso" when you are completely willing to get easy wins off of inexperienced battlers? (Like what you thought I was.) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-05-11 16:08 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
May 11, 2003, 05:58 PM
I think he meant he wanted Hunters to help him out, kinda like some hunters want only forces or something.?

Vantamiath
May 11, 2003, 08:56 PM
Sham, your way out of your fucking element. I knew you were a PSOW member when you joined my game (your char. is same name as SN), and I have seen you post in battle related topics on PSOW.

You're right, I was taking an easy win from noobs, because I always do.

Oh...I forgot, I have 1000+ wins with my 3 GC BA chars combined. kthx.

Now sham...

Please report that n00b FO to vega, and do rule 1 like all you Vegalites do.

Reenee
May 11, 2003, 10:23 PM
So you contribute your win count to games you've won that didn't require skill...?

:|

Eum
May 11, 2003, 10:34 PM
Let's brag about BA-mode statistics because that's the basis by which everything PSO-related should be judged.

I don't know how to battle to save my life, so I suppose that makes me a "n00b". Sham even tried to teach me to BA and I still can't. =/

Pet peeve, but really, "stfu".

[ Oh, and for future reference, calling someone a "n00b" just isn't seen as cool on the internet anymore. Oh, wait, I lied. It is only seen as cool by that which is the term's target. ]

Sham
May 11, 2003, 11:10 PM
No guys(Shapiro/Eum), don't talk like that, we are apparently way out of our element just because we didn't spend night after night, mindlessly battling to gain a trivial digit over our character's heads for the sake of bragging on a forum.

And you knew I was from PSOW, right. Please link me to a post here where I talked about battle mode, other than the one about HUcasts, which was posted after our battle. If you're going win-hunting off "noobs", at least don't try to cover it up.

And now I'm suddenly from Vega. It's pretty ironic you mention the place where you probably gained a large margin of your wins. And I don't do R1, just a little F.Y.I.

I must be such a huge "noob", even though we managed to win 2/3. You'll probably retort with it's because I'm a force, even though you had no problem starting the battle with this... force. Furthermore, I challenge you to find some random "noob fo" from Vega, who can team up against you and your KM queen partner, and win.

I don't like people like you. Usually I can make a nice big post, rendering the "enemy" into how much of an asshole they are. But people like you go and show their idiocy without anyone even pointing it out. Not fair. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Reenee
May 11, 2003, 11:33 PM
On 2003-05-11 21:10, Sham wrote:
No guys(Shapiro/Eum), don't talk like that, we are apparently way out of our element just because we didn't spend night after night, mindlessly battling to gain a trivial digit over our character's heads for the sake of bragging on a forum.

I was only referring to skill, because when you win in a challenging game, it makes it all the worthwhile.

Trivial digit!? YOU MONSTER! You make First Person Shooters sound unfun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Balthor
May 12, 2003, 01:36 AM
Battle Mode drama's funny.

Kinda reminds me of Miranda 7.

Vantamiath
May 12, 2003, 11:35 AM
Sham let's not get off topic now...you can PM me about battling.

Lets talk ON TOPIC shall we?

Here's the break down.

You made this nice little rant topic because people werent RESPECTING YOUR GAME NAME (Sound familiar? k), then you proceed to say that they tried to give you excuses to stay (Sound familiar? ok) in the game, EVEN THOUGH, the game rules were clearly shown.

Oh and sham...as long as we're talking about respect...

I'm sure that everyone who joined your game (that wasnt obeying the rules), got asked very nicely (with sugar on top perhaps?) to leave your game???

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Oh I almost forgot ...

-Nube
-N00b
-boon
-hoobajoobnoob
-newb

and I have no trouble saying...

STFU

polishedweasel
May 12, 2003, 11:47 AM
PENIS

It just seemed like it was on topic...

Battle mode is pretty crappy anyway, so why argue over it?

Vantamiath
May 12, 2003, 12:17 PM
On 2003-05-12 09:47, polishedweasel wrote:

Battle mode is pretty crappy anyway, so why argue over it?

and then mommy taught johnny about "opinions".

Vantamiath
May 12, 2003, 12:20 PM
You're right though weasel, this topic wasnt about battling. So lets not argue over it. If Sham wants to PM me about it that's fine, but listening to him defend himself about the statements above should be funny.

(I bet he goes off topic only 3 times)

I'm waiting.

Sham
May 12, 2003, 04:54 PM
Holy shit, moron alert! Why would I need to PM you about battle, when you were the one who came in here talking about it? Wouldn't it have made more sense to just PM me? Besides, you only went back on topic because the "going got too tough"; and evading the subject at hand is always better than trying to answer it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You made this nice little rant topic because people werent RESPECTING YOUR GAME NAME (Sound familiar? k), then you proceed to say that they tried to give you excuses to stay (Sound familiar? ok) in the game, EVEN THOUGH, the game rules were clearly shown.

Here's an explanation dedicated to the less intelligent, (IE. you.) I make games and people who don't abide the rules come in. I politely ask them to leave, and if they don't, I leave. You made a game with a rule, even though you broke it. You expect people to take it seriously when you break your own rule. I enter, breaking your rule, you never ask me to leave. Had you of requested me to leave, I would've. I then pretend to be completely inexperienced and overall retarded, (Re: Jou), you start the game at the possible chance for easy wins. You later complain about it.

Is there anything else you need explained in detail? And do spare me the pathetic, immature lists of variations of what is an inexperienced, or new player. It may amuse you as you sit and type it, but it just adds batteries to the flashlight shining on the dickhead-in-the-dark that of which is IHPSOC, on pso-world. Yes, that means it makes you look even more stupid than previously shown.

I'm waiting.
I'm flattered. Yet it doesn't surprise me you have nothing else to do in your life other than await Sham's reply on a videogame forum. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-05-12 15:00 ]</font>

Vantamiath
May 13, 2003, 05:06 PM
Forget battle.

Let me draw it in crayon for you...

YOU MADE A RANT TOPIC BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDNT RESPECT YOUR GAME NAME'S WISHES.

YOU THEN JOIN A GAME WHERE YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T RESPECTING THE GAME NAME.

Shhhhh shhhh

stfu, I dont care what else you have to say.

THAT IS WHERE IT ENDS. PERIOD.

Reenee
May 13, 2003, 07:13 PM
And then Sham replies with a witty reply when the obvious was stated...

Sham
May 14, 2003, 05:18 PM
Why delve into technicalities now? You should've stated those things when you first came in, WITHOUT adding your little immature side comments and ego-boostage.

Recap: I did what I ranted against, even though it was never as cut-and-dry as my team rules, (ex. ranger creating a hunter battle game.) Call me wrong if you want, but I didn't hear anyone telling me to leave. If you have any more questions, make use of the PM function.

Vantamiath
May 14, 2003, 08:08 PM
On 2003-05-14 15:18, Sham wrote:

Recap: I did what I ranted against

Period.