PDA

View Full Version : GC: Why is Seat of the Heart online-only?!

Barubary6
May 7, 2003, 08:16 PM
Moderators: This might belong as a Rant, but I really don't know.

Why on earth is the Seat of the Heart quest an online quest? It is single player, it is huge, and it has a plot to it. It should have been offline.

I told people previously that it would probably be online-only because of the Elly costume. I assumed that Version 3 had the same problem as Version 2, that the extended costumes only work offline. In Version 2, that is true. I downloaded "The Tinkerbell's Dog 2" as an offline quest in Version 2, and Sonic appeared as an ordinary, default costume HUmar. So I figured that maybe it was because of this problem (and their laziness not to fix it) that was the reason Seat of the Heart is online-only.

But I was wrong. Version 3 does, in fact, support the "extended costumes" offline in quests. I downloaded Seat of the Heart as an offline downloadable quest, and it works fine. Elly appears correctly. I did the same to the Version 3 "The Tinkerbell's Dog 2", and it works fine also, unlike Version 2.

So why is the quest online?

-- Barubary

DigitalGekko
May 7, 2003, 08:18 PM
Maybe Sega will make it downloadable... later. I doubt it though.

The quest is way too long to play online, though the save feature helped.

IceBlink
May 7, 2003, 08:24 PM
Possibly the quest data is too big to fit onto standard memory cards? How many blocks would it take anyway?

And maybe it's a incentive for players to play the game online. Ahh, Sega ploys... ;_;

I just hope Sega has more quests ready which are just as good as the Elly one was in regards of storyline. Seeing the Sue/Kireek path and meeting the people near the end is really something which deserves to be fitted onto PSO as the 'true ending'. ^_^;

Kanore
May 7, 2003, 08:28 PM
So you were able to offline download... lucky... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DigitalGekko
May 7, 2003, 08:29 PM
?

No, you can't download any quests for Gamecube...

RagMasterRappy
May 7, 2003, 08:33 PM
It doesn't matter either way. The only difference is the monsters will be stronger and you'll be connected to the internet while playing. What's the point in complaining about such a trivial detail anyway?

Barubary6
May 7, 2003, 08:40 PM
On 2003-05-07 18:24, IceBlink wrote:
Possibly the quest data is too big to fit onto standard memory cards? How many blocks would it take anyway?

And maybe it's a incentive for players to play the game online. Ahh, Sega ploys... ;_;

I just hope Sega has more quests ready which are just as good as the Elly one was in regards of storyline. Seeing the Sue/Kireek path and meeting the people near the end is really something which deserves to be fitted onto PSO as the 'true ending'. ^_^;

The Seat of the Heart quest is 2 files with 16 blocks, one 11 blocks and one 5 blocks.

-- Barubary

Barubary6
May 7, 2003, 08:41 PM
On 2003-05-07 18:29, DigitalGekko wrote:
No, you can't download any quests for Gamecube...

Only because Sonic Team hasn't put any quests up for download. The game does support this, and it works just fine.

-- Barubary

PentUpAnger
May 7, 2003, 08:56 PM
Hmm... can you transfer the quest files to different cards?

Like.. let's say that someone put the files onto a server where you could DL them to a PC and transfer them to a GCN memory card via the USB card... would this work?

I hate getting online just to play the quest...

Rork
May 7, 2003, 09:28 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, if you have the time to mess around with your comp connected to your GCN. Wasn't it so on the dreamcast internet that you could access sites that weren't designed for the game. (Ex. yahoo.com) I never went online on dreamcast, but what I can do is check with a friend.

I also think that you should be able to go on other sites that arent built into the game, therefore giving programmers the ability to improve the game by putting stuff on a memory card then loading it into the game. I think they should add more costumes, and give more hair types.

Squall8VIII
May 7, 2003, 09:40 PM
But remember with DC ver.2, the quests had you Serial Number added to it, so no others could use it. I would assume that Sonic Team would do this to Ep. I&II as well...but who knows...?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 7, 2003, 11:23 PM
I say the quest would be way too damn easy offline. Your everyday BKB-humar would complain about it being too easy :3

Getintothegame
May 7, 2003, 11:42 PM
I wish we could connect to her servers and download these quests...

Jack
May 8, 2003, 02:58 AM
Are all the old quests still up on the servers? Like Garon's Treachery? I'd love to play that one again.

Getintothegame
May 8, 2003, 04:17 AM
Baru, is there anyway you could let us connect to your servers? Prolly not, but just wondering.

Jack
May 8, 2003, 06:53 AM
Something else I've always wondered about. Why are the download quests spread over different files? Why not just one file?

RagMasterRappy
May 8, 2003, 08:29 AM
On 2003-05-08 02:17, Getintothegame wrote:
Baru, is there anyway you could let us connect to your servers? Prolly not, but just wondering.

Don't even bother asking. You won't get a response either (most likely.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-05-08 06:31 ]</font>

Getintothegame
May 8, 2003, 05:03 PM
Oh, ok, well as I said, I was just wodering...

Sham
May 8, 2003, 05:29 PM
On 2003-05-07 21:23, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I say the quest would be way too damn easy offline. Your everyday BKB-humar would complain about it being too easy :3

Agreed. Your random Vega safetyheart-hune would brag about how they owned the quest.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 9, 2003, 08:37 AM
(You're supposed to make fun of kasami bracer, since that's what I've used for the past 10 levels.)

RagMasterRappy
May 9, 2003, 09:10 AM
On 2003-05-09 06:37, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
(You're supposed to make fun of kasami bracer, since that's what I've used for the past 10 levels.)

Kasami Bracer is the sux0rz

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 9, 2003, 09:12 AM
Oh man, sonic team kept that quest online-only, since otherwise, vega kasami bracer hunewearls would complain about it being too easy.

RagMasterRappy
May 9, 2003, 10:06 AM
You sure showed us crazy kids a thing or two.

Sham
May 9, 2003, 06:33 PM
Who said I was talking about you? Even so, I pinpoint the [possibly previous] obvious dupes, not the current last ten level usage items. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

You sure showed us crazy kids a thing or two.

Damn straight.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 10, 2003, 01:46 AM
You got owned by snapple, gally001 style!

Mystil
May 10, 2003, 01:44 PM
On 2003-05-08 15:29, Sham wrote:

Agreed. Your random Vega safetyheart-hune would brag about how they owned the quest.

And your random asshole Sigh of God weilding duped lv30 techs, FOmar bragging about how he wipped the floor with Epsilon, and showed up Poor old Elly with his "techs".

Sham
May 10, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-05-10 11:44, Silhouette wrote:

On 2003-05-08 15:29, Sham wrote:

And your random asshole Sigh of God weilding duped lv30 techs, FOmar bragging about how he wipped the floor with Epsilon, and showed up Poor old Elly with his "techs".

Your selective reply to those quotes confuses me...

RagMasterRappy
May 10, 2003, 08:40 PM
On 2003-05-10 18:29, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
Last person to reply wins. I win.

Someone needs to lock this.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 10, 2003, 08:42 PM
Last person to reply wins. I win. Rappy loses.

IceBlink
May 10, 2003, 09:17 PM
You guys just love to go offtopic. o_o Well, this thread has served it's purpose in venting fustration.

[lock]

ps, I'm last person, so I win!