PDA

View Full Version : CD suicides

Oronis
Feb 17, 2001, 12:32 AM
I've downloaded the Nero BBp file and have tried burning it, but the result has been my PC locking up twice, and the CDs bringing me to the music options in the Dreamcast Console, instead of starting up as the browser.

Any help would be appreciated

swartt-cm-
Feb 17, 2001, 05:05 PM
same here

KarnaJ
Feb 17, 2001, 06:13 PM
Which image, and what were you using to burn it? Also, what cd burner?

Oronis
Feb 17, 2001, 10:18 PM
Using an adaptec/HP bruner that came with my HP Pavillion. Downloaded Nero and used that instead of thr Disc Juggler because when I tried DJ it kept repeatedly giving me the blue screen of death when I boot up my machine.

ragnarok
Feb 19, 2001, 02:52 PM
Try downloading the latest version of DJ, I believe it is 3. something.

segagameplay
Feb 20, 2001, 04:31 AM
Wont work without an serial to the cd... so whats the point.. oh and we dont give them out without proof!

SuperSubZero
Feb 20, 2001, 09:51 AM
The BBP doesn't require a serial, only the game does. Sega's *ingenious* idea to brain-damage PSO by not including a broadband compatible browser won't stop me from playing and I used the BBP to set up the BBA to work perfectly with my purchased PSO from Electronics Boutique.

-SSZ

Syntax
Feb 22, 2001, 12:22 PM
the fact that it is bringing up the music player in interesting, A friend of mine and I were discussing the self-boting DC bootlegs adn how they work. He said that the self boot is seen by PCs as a Music track... perhaps your burner is specifying it as music instead of data or somethign along those lines... I really don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I figured it might help.

-Syntax

Oronis
Feb 22, 2001, 12:34 PM
Ok crashed over my friend's house, and decided to try to burn the copy there, using his CD burner(which is the same model as mine) and it worked no prob.

We have very similar systems, only difference is he has a some type of Radeon vid card and about 124 more ramm.

Frankly It doesn't make any sense to me.

Anonymous
Feb 25, 2001, 05:24 PM
I had a problem when burning .cdi images in discjuggler 2.x or 3.x. So i got the file cdi2nero at www.cdirip.cjb.net and could convert the discjuggler .cdi format to the nero .nrg format. I just burn the new image in Nero and every game has worked fine since. Including PSO US Version and PSO European Version.

Troll