PDA

View Full Version : Hard words for Dupers!

DarkWolf
Mar 11, 2001, 04:49 AM
First of all so DW dosen't get any flak, this is Akillies, I barrowed her account for a few minutes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif Anyhoo,

I've seen Dupers on here trying to justify their actions, and I've seen the same thing online. All of them have the same attitude of "How am *I* hurting you by cheating?" Well it's simple, when you try to play a "Normal" game and you get all excited about FINALLY finding Soul Eater {Then relize it sux! LOL} You get online to trade with friends, or jus to show it off. Unfortunantly theirs someone half your level totting Double sabers, Heavenly punishment, Robochao, and probably Gods Left Foot! And you have the nerve to ask "What am *I* doing wrong?" Kiss my arse! You suck! And you should also respect other peoples rights and ask if Duped items are allowed in a game when you first enter! NOT enter a new game KNOWING you have a spread needle, holer "Pipe Me!" Then kill EVERYTHING! What *YOU* are doing wrong is simply this! No one wants to PLAY with you anymore! Delete that character and try to play a "REAL" game. You'll find out it's so much funner! I spend most of my time entering/making a game online and playing for about 15 minutes before a "Duper" comes along and destorys everything, leave then create/join another game just to find more duppers trying to make trades at level 15? Come on!

Billy Bob lvl 10 : Got a Delsabers Left Arm?

Bo jo Lvl 5 : Yup, got it through my conections. Have 25 of them. Want one?
Oh yea I also got an Egg Blaster, Glass Sword,
and Gods Left Foot. Want those to? It'll cost ya though.

Billy Bob Lvl 10 : Well what do you want? I have a srpead needle, heavens punishment and DarkFalz Left Foot.

Now how in the hell can I play this game while a conversation like this is going on? Plz... From now on if ANYONE wants to play a NORMAL NO DUPPED LEFT FEET GAME Then find me on Puck and we can start a new PassWord Protected game. If I have any item that *YOU* would like to know about, I can tell you EXACTLY where I got it from and NO I WILL NOT MAKE YOU A COPY! Now if you would like to make a reasonable trade then let me know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. For those of you who might have been on Sonic Adventure's Chao Message boards, do you remember "Chao Black Market Protest"? Yes I am the same Akillies and no that didn't accomplish anything, so learn from past mistakes and stop dupping plz, atleast leave me alone if you have any dupped items. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

M_Bison
Mar 11, 2001, 05:14 AM
I hate to break this to you, but you are really wasting your breath. The dupers could care less how you feel. They are going to continue duping and there isn't really anything you can do about it. Your rant may make you feel better, but the sooner you realize that your ranting is falling on deaf ears the better.

I really feel that duping wouldn't be such a big problem is SEGA had made it to where EVERYONE had the SAME chance of finding ALL of the RARES! This basing what rares you find on your section ID was the worst F$%*&NG IDEA EVER!

END OF LINE...

Soliptic
Mar 11, 2001, 05:40 AM
The whole idea behind PSo was for people to make friends. the section ID was meant to better that concept. If your Bluefill friend has a weapon you cannot find, then perhaps you're going to strike up a conversation with him to get it. Unfortunately this game is more buggy than any recent Sega game. As such, much of the intended concepts, have been replaced be dupers, cheaters, and theives. Dropping your meseta and equipped weapon was supposed to encourage players to play with people they trust. I don't know about any of you, but I never join random games anymore. So I guess at least that worked.

sol

myau1
Mar 11, 2001, 06:15 AM
Dupers dont ruin the game for anyone. Unless you take an item from you what do you care? If you play PSO soley for the items then that's pretty bad. unfortuanly Sega didnt make the game deep enough to draw our attention with anything but rare items . I dont dup and never will, but I've played with cheaters before, and it hasnt affected me in any way. It's just nice to have people play in your party. Everyone is to focused on cheating and not on what they should be! The game! The Story, the fun, etc. I say let people play how they see fit, and mind your own business.

Sheogorath
Mar 11, 2001, 06:31 AM
I agree with the guys who have posted responses to this thread. Although the guy who started it has a noble idea, and it's great he is voicing his opinion, it's not going to change a thing. After all, didn't we all KNOW this was going to happen??

Name one online game that wasn't hurt by cheating?

And before you say Ultima Online or Everquest, have you ever heard of ebay? Yeah, is a 45 year old lawyer who bought the game 3 hours ago allowed to tromp around with a god-like level 99 character because he had 45,000 US dollars to waste on it? No. Heck you can even buy Stones of Jordan for Diablo 2 on ebay.

Cheating effects all online games. Actually, it affects all games, peroid. The only problem is when people take the cheats to a place where other people are exposed to them.

It's like second-hand smoke in the way that although you don't care that the person is hurting themselves, you DO care that they are hurting you too. However, like Second hand smoke in a diner, what do you do? You move to a different seat.

But when everyone around you is smoking....you are screwed.

Most of the cheaters are people who have no real love of gaming, and believe me, 3 months from now, they'll all get tired of the power they have, and go back to playing Q3A.

(I like Quake 3 Arena, so don't take that as a flame! hehe)

cbwing0
Mar 12, 2001, 11:01 PM
I have been unfortunate to experience to effects of cheaters, as I suspect many of you have as well. Through patience, "hard work", and skill, I have raised and nurtured a level 100 HUnewearl, and I am proud to go online and start annihalating enemies whenever I join a game. The only problem is, that if I join a random game, there is usually at least on self-righteous, disgruntled gamer that just lost his precious rare that starts of accusing me of being a cheater just because I am at a higher level that he/she is. When cheaters take shortcuts, it can discourage other players from being friendly and trusting, which is the most important aspect of an online game such as PSO. Thanks to cheaters, I can no longer play without wondering if the other guy has a duped item, if they are a thief (but that is another topic), or if they will try to criticise me for having a high level character. Sega doesn't have ban cheaters, the players can do enough on their own make cheaters regret their actions.

neobashi
Mar 13, 2001, 12:42 AM
I have to say this DARK WOLF KNOWS WHAT HES FUCKING TALKING ABOUT. AS u can read in my post i think all dupers should goto hell and burn because there ruining are game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could someone tell me how to kill people on my team cause i wanna kill every single duper i see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkWolf
Mar 13, 2001, 10:45 PM
Okee dokee, first off, that was Akillies, my husband, spouting, not me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif The thing with that was that I had just created a game called "No Traders"... welp, not even 10 minutes later, I had both traders and obvious dupers in there, as if they were attracted to that name or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif After going to each ship, including Puck, and trying to create a game with out trading, just fighting, and after getting at least one annoying little lvl25 player saying "I have Heaven's Punishment and Glass Sword wanna trade?" (mind you, this was the same day one of them was added to the rare list here) in every single game I made, we vented off in that post. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Anyways, duping and cheating DOES hurt other people. My char is around lvl 67 or so, and I am REALLY proud of the fact I got a Fake Agito. Sure, big deal, but considering just about all the other rares I have are REALLY common (varistas, clubs of locanium, DB's saber, etc) this makes me pretty happy. It might not be THAT rare, but it's good enough for me. Now, every time I see a level 30 or so character with Heaven's Punishment, it saddens me. I try so hard just to get a FAKE Agito, and earn pride with finding it, yet some lazy-assed-"kid"-that-has-little-to-no-self-respect-and/or-dignity-and/or-honor can cheat, steal, or dupe the rarest weapons in the game. ("Kid" in this meaning someone with the maturity level of a kindergartner). They want all the power, so they can say "I'm better than you"...

Little do they know that the true power lies not in the GETTING of the weapon, but the FINDING of the weapon. Finding the weapon shows their gaming skill, personality strengths, ingenuity, endurance, and perserverance. Those who dupe prove to non-dupers that they don't have the patience to find the items themselves, that they must RELY on LEGIT people to do their dirty work for them. They prove that they don't have time enough to seriously put into their investment, which shows serious personality flaws... traits which are shown in the cyber/artifical worlds tend to exist in reality, even if mildly. They are the people who, if asked "would you do this in reality" would answer "No", but would answer "Yes" if "...but what if you KNEW you wouldn't get caught or punished" was added to the question.

Last night, some guy named Caos joined a game I was in. I was in a group of a level 7 RAcast (I think), and a 14 HUnewearl (I think). This guy's begging for 20000 Meseta. Now you know as well as I that most chars that level don't have easy access to that much money. I was willing to give it to him, if only he told me what he wanted it for. "I'll trade you for it, what do you want?" Repeatedly I asked what he needed the money for. Eventually he said "I have a Heaven's Punishment, Terror Claw, Soul Eater..." spouting rares off left and right. That set me off.... WHY WOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANT TO GIVE AN ULTRA-RARE LIKE THAT AWAY FOR 20000?!?!?! "Oh I have Opa Opa and Choa" he said over and over (If he actually looked at it, he woulda known it's chao http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif ). He tried to trade just about everything for that 20000... yet until the last minute refused to admit it, until I accused him of it. Mind you, this guy was lvl 35 or so... He had rares that some of the legit lvl 100 people I've come across don't even have! Needless to say, if this guy actually PLAYED in this game, he would have completely ruined the game. I mean, take a spread needle or Heaven's Punishment into Normal Caves, and NO ONE gets any exp, except the guy with the Big Gun. Is it really -FAIR- to rob new players of a good gaming experience, just so you can show off your big, ill-gotten, gun?

STAH
Mar 15, 2001, 11:07 AM
Dark Wolf,

I absolutely agree with you. I am a European player fairly new to the game with two characters - a lvl 24 force and a lvl 30 hunter. I have had two experiences I'd like to share to add to this debate.

First of all, my force character met another cool force Nightshade (not the cheater nightshade) who kindly helped me lvl up and generously gave me a Varista and a lvl 200 mag (the first she had ever raised). My point in telling you this is as follows. Although I have never had any problems on the European servers with random games (as I follow the polite and courteous example set by nightshade and actually help lower level characters) I get fed up with the US ships - when I try to join random games and ask if I can join people either demand money/items or flame me for being a low lvl character with a decent mag thinking that I'm a cheater. I get sick of constant demands for money or items from people who wont even say hello or strike up a conversation. It may be just 'kids' but it pisses me off.

I've taken to locking games and only playing with people I've met and trust. And only playing on the Euro servers which are a lot less clogged with idiots spoiling the game for the rest of us.

My second encounter was with my hunter character STAH - I joined a game when he was lvl 20 or something with a much higher force character who had a cool mag and a wand. I was with a friend and we were asking her about the mag and chatting - suddenly she became ultra paranoid - suggested we split up and accused me of following her and trying to steal her weapons. For chrissake, I thought the game was supposed to be about cooperation - dupres and cheaters are making even those who want to play honestly suspicious and unfriendly.......

art imitates life I guess

thanks for your time

STAH