PDA

View Full Version : Vote for "Mome the Flamer" in "Do Not Try this at home!"

RubyEclipse
May 20, 2003, 04:39 PM
Vote For Flaming Mome in Do Not Try this at home!

(It's the one with the HUmar yelling "Mome, you idiot!")

I figured It would be neat If I threw a little story into this one, so here's a funny fic that goes along with the pic...a shorter version can be found in my sig! Since this campaigns my entry I can't really post it in Fan Works, so have fun reading! (If it does go in fan works, sorry! Feel free to move it if need be.)

So, if you hate Mome, you're gonna want to read this story! Have fun!

---Mome: Return of the Village Idiot!---

It was a bright, sunny day, and MOME the NPC, a.k.a. quite a few other names not appropriate for this story, was standing staring up into the sun, his mouth open in that gaping wide, dazed/stoned look he always had.

You see, Mome was well known around Ragol--mainly because it had become common knowledge that he had attacked an oversized earthworm and lost (come on people, don't say you can't remember that quest...), and also because of the fact that he was...well, the general Village Idiot.

As he sat there in the forest, a butterfly flew up and landed on his nose.

"Why....hewwo dere pwetty budderfly! I wub budderflies!"

Little did he realize that this was NOT a butterfly--it was in fact a Gi-gou, leader of the Gee's, but mome mistook it for a butterfly. Yeah, thats MOME for you.

Two seconds later the butterfly's abdomen opened up.

"What be you doooing budderfwy!?"

BAAAA-BOOOOOOOM!!!

Rafoie engulfed the area, and MOME flew back fifty feet before slamming into a wall.

Now, to a normal person, this would have seriously messed up some brain cells.

However, for MOME you see, there were none to mess up, and thus he was pretty much his normal self.

He took two steps forward, staggering like a drunk, and fell into an open manhole. Don't ask where it came from. This is MOME we're talking about here.

"AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" He fell down into the waters below. It was dark, and the water was slimy and cold.

Oh, and it smelled like shit. "Dis smells like shit!"

Little did mome realize it WAS shit, and the poor RAmar/Scientist had fallen into a river of it. Now it had some other stuff in it as well, but we'll get to that later.

Now MOME had some trouble staying afloat, seeing as how he had never bothered to learn how to swim, and he splashed his hands and kicked his feet, splattering the contents of this green "River" all over his face.

He licked some of it off his lips.

"...? What is dis?! JESUS CHRIST!?!" Mome had just made a discovery!

"DIS STUFF IS GWEAT!!!" Shoveling handfuls of it into his mouth, he gulped it down, not noticing the bright speck of light ahead of him.

Finally he noticed it. "Oooooooooh........pwetty..."

However, this was the end of the sewer, where the pipe emptied out from a cliff that shot down to jagged rocks 500 feet below. Ooooh this is gonna be good.

Finally Mome reached the end of the tunell, and fell from the sewer into the air.

He looked down as he began the 500 foot drop. The ground shot forward in small jagged bursts.

"Derrrrrrrrr..."

Mome fell about 20 feet and his head slammed into a sharp ledge. CRACK! "OWWW!!", Screamed the rock Mome had just hit. "Touch me again RAmar and I'll kill you!!!"

Mome, however, hadn't felt a thing. That's one of the benefits to being hardheaded. Well, he rolled down the hill, falling in short bursts and slamming into the rocks.

WHAM! "Ow!" SMASH! "Owie!"

BANG CRASH SPLAT! "I just crapped my pants!!!"

Mome rolled down farther and farther, until finally he fell the final 100 feet and a large sharp rock impaled him through the stomach on the ground below. Spllluuurt.

"I......I'm okay!!!" He slowly pulled himself off of it, and finally fell onto the soil with a thud. He looked pretty much the same, except for the large hole where his stomach should have been, the brown RAmar pants, the black eye, the numorous cuts across his face/body, and the huge puddle of blood around him.

Well, actually, that's somewhat of a lie. He looked something like that all the time...erm, But anyway, Mome finally got up and examined the hole in his stomach.

"Cwoool! Now I can scratch my back!!" He reached his arm through the hole, and, defying all laws of nature and gravity, reached his back.

"I'm so smawt!!"

SPLICK. He felt a sharp pain through his arm. "Uhmana...whadda?" There was a thin, syringe like purple thing stabbed through it.

Bzzzzzt.... He looked around him. Gees were swarming, all preparing to fire their small poisoned darts.

"Uh oh."

SPLICK SPLICK SPLICK SPLICKSPLICK SPLICK SPLICK SPLICKSPLICK SPLICK SPLICK SPLICK!!

"AAAAAAAAAAH!!" Mome took of running, the needles flying left and right, left and right, and occasionaly stabbing through some part of his body.

"DEAR LOWD HAVE MEWCY!!" SPLICK SPLICK SPLICK!

Well to make a long story short, MOME ran on and was ambushed by a pack on monkeys. They tore off his limbs one by one and then took turns throwing poop at him.

They they put his limbs back on. And threw more poop at him. And even more poop. And even more.

Finally he was saved by a pack of rappies, who took him to the forest and threw him in a huge cauldron.

They debated over whether they should turn him into RAmar Pizza, RAmar nuggets, or even Honey BBQ RAmar wings.

In the midst of this they were attacked by hildebears, who stole MOME and took him off to forest 2.

Also in the forest was a HUmar named Ricosearcher. Ricosearcher was on a quest to find, well, as the name suggests, red ring rico. So far he was having no luck--but then he noticed the hildebears carrying mome. He didn't know who it was, otherwise he wouldn't have attempted a rescue, but he killed the hildebears using "mind bullets" (That's telekenesis for you) and saved Mome.

Who knows why, but for some reason Mome smelled horrible.

"Mome! Jesus! What IS that smell?!"

"I dunno. Dem wappies poured this ting cawwed....cawosine!!"

"Wha?"

"CAWOSINE! Ca...woh....see...ine..."

"Carousine?!"

"Uh huh."

Ricosearcher turned around and slapped his head to his face, trying to figure out what to do.

Meanwhile, Mome had noticed it was getting dark, and produced a box of matches. He looked around for something to light them with.

Nothing. Not a thing.

Then it hit him.

"I know! I sawwed it on the tellyvision that they used their zippers on their pants to light it!"

So Mome put the match to his crotch.

And struck it.

In an instant the flame reacted with the carousine, and MOME became a running, screaming roman candle.

FWOOOOOOOSH!!

"AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Ricosearcher turned around when he heard the scream.

"Mome, you idiot!!"

---The End----

Thanks for reading--
NOW GO PLACE YOUR VOTE! n.n

--Ruby Eclipse

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2003-05-20 20:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2003-05-20 20:44 ]</font>

Aurra
May 20, 2003, 05:05 PM
I can't tell if this should go in Fanworks or Fresh Kills! On one hand it's a fanfic, while on the other it's shameless self-promoting! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

::waits for a mod to make the all-important decision::

pixelate
May 20, 2003, 05:06 PM
On 2003-05-20 15:05, Aurra wrote:
::waits for a mod to make the all-important decision::

I don't think any mod will read that long of a post. >.>

Chris_Soul
May 20, 2003, 10:04 PM
i will admit the pic makes more sense after the story (albeit it was too long)

RubyEclipse
May 20, 2003, 10:40 PM
Hmm, well here's a "Shorter" version:

MOME, being the normal idiot he is, gets blown up by a gi-gou, falls into a sewer, impaled after a 500 foot fall by a sharp rock, attacked by a swarm of Gees, gets his limbs ripped off by a pack of monkeys who then fling their own poo at him. He is then kidnapped by rappies who throw him into a cauldron and douse him with gasoline. He is attacked by hildebears and saved by a HUmar. Seeing as how it is getting dark, he pulls out a match, but, not finding anything to light it on, decides to use the zipper of his pants--totally forgetting that he has gasoline all over his body.

Well, he strikes it and FWOOOSH. Mome becomes a living Roman Candle. End of Story. Can't say he didn't deserve it though, *cough*..

Special Note: In reality that really is Mome, from a pic I took long ago on dreamcast. In the download quest "Central Dome Fire Swirl" You find Mome lying right there. That really is him people, and I felt I just had to snap a pic of everyone's favorite idiot getting his share of pain. Well, I had no idea I would ever use the pic again, but it looks like I got some use out of it after all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif