PDA

View Full Version : Bumping Topics.

pixelate
May 22, 2003, 06:52 PM
One-word posts are happening far too often when bumping topics to the top of the list. Up until now it hasn't really been dealt with. One-word posts are not allowed, and from now on traders will only be allowed to bump their topics three times a week. Any more than 3 bumps and the topic will be locked, with the 4th bump being deleted. If you want to bump a topic, do so with more than a one-word post. Any one-word posts will be deleted.

MonkeyFunky
May 22, 2003, 07:38 PM
Thanks, i appreciate it!

R

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonkeyFunky on 2003-05-23 01:23 ]</font>

RuneScapeMan
May 23, 2003, 06:31 AM
AT LAST SOMEONE MENTIONED THIS!

I know thousands of people bumping their tradelists like 40 times!

dubba_maups
May 23, 2003, 08:44 AM
what is wrong with that? spamm the freak in post with more than one word telling ur life story on it just not to get deleted?

dumb

ex post

"today i buped my topic and i got off with my next door neighbor, i dont think ppl like me bc i am fat....blah blah blah blah blah"

pixelate
May 23, 2003, 09:05 AM
How about you only bump your topic when there's something worth mentioning, like an actual update to the list, maybe tell about how your list has changed--what's new, what's gone.

Either this or I delete any topic bumping all together, seeing how it is irrelevant spam, which is why topics like "Let's keep this thread on top!" are in Fresh Kills.

And here's a good example of what I mean:

On 2003-05-22 13:28, Warrior wrote:
*bump I traded two of my items for a red saber and an anti lv. 6 for my force

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-05-23 07:07 ]</font>

Klakalou
May 23, 2003, 01:02 PM
thanks pixelate ^_^

*kicks dirt into everyone elses face*

pixelate
May 23, 2003, 03:15 PM
This is also to keep things fair for everyone. Sometimes the board moves too fast because of people bumping their topics 3, 4, or sometimes 5 times a day, causing other topics to get pushed down without having a chance to be looked at.

JubeiSR
May 24, 2003, 07:57 AM
Yeah maybe now people will stop hoggin' the trade boards!

DUNKO1
May 24, 2003, 11:05 PM
finally, that was getting wayyyyyy out of hand

thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

elf
May 25, 2003, 07:53 AM
sry to sound all amatur, but whats a bump?

RuneScapeMan
May 25, 2003, 09:25 AM
Hey pixelate, if you think these threads are moving fast then check out gamefaqs

*Bumping his new gamefaqs tradelist... Again...*

cajun
May 25, 2003, 09:35 AM
"a bump" is when you just type bump in your topic so it will be at the top of the list so people will see it.

Zuna
May 25, 2003, 04:28 PM
This idea is okay, just dont just ONE word is reasonable...

but

how about stopping some ppl they create so many new topics just for asking one stuff in each topic, then we dont need to bump so much...

example

I want pow mats (1 topic)
I will trade anything for xxxx (another topic , same person of coz)
Looking for xxx (different item, same person, of coz)

and try to teach them how to edit their own tradelist topic, and edit their subject too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuna on 2003-05-25 14:47 ]</font>

elf
May 25, 2003, 04:35 PM
i admit to it, i was like that, now i no how to edit a trade list, so im done making new topics for a while