i feel the earth move under my feet!

oh that's such an old song

ABDUR101
May 26, 2003, 05:31 PM
....we need a fault line in Pennsylvania. =

Sai-Yuk
May 26, 2003, 05:32 PM
we had a quake back here a while back.
if you want, i can dig the saved info up for you, not that it matters.

i was playing a game online with a neighbour when it happened, as well.. the other person didn't believe us either.
~_~

LollipopLolita
May 26, 2003, 05:36 PM
that's fine, i'm used to having tiny quakes every day. 4.0+ is something i usually feel and go ehhh whatever

Getintothegame
May 26, 2003, 05:37 PM
What does an earthquake feel like?

LollipopLolita
May 26, 2003, 05:39 PM
depends on how big it is. tell me how big and i'll tell you how it feels.

wait uhm, shit i went through 3 earthquakes today. i am traumatized. no more psow for a month while i recover!

Getintothegame
May 26, 2003, 05:42 PM
How about a magnitude of 6?

LollipopLolita
May 26, 2003, 05:56 PM
things shake, the ground beneath you shake, natural reaction is sorta to run or crouch down because you start to lose your balance. hanging lights shake, things might fall off.

the three scariest earthquakes i've been in:

a 6.8 back home in a brick house. there's a reason why houses are built with wood here, so that the house wouldn't collapse internally during an earthquake and wouldn't injure people so much. in a brick house everything wobbles and shakes, and you feel the earthquake much more. being underneath a huge crystal hanging chandelier was scary. and the only table to duck under was a glass table. no help there... unless you want glass all over you. cracks in the walls after that. and 3 aftershocks too.

the other time was a 7.2 in a brick high rise back home too. i think we ran down the whole building in about 10 minutes flat. came out, there was an aftershock, you could see the building waving in the sky. you'd never think you'd see a concrete tower waving like that.

a 7.4 in my parent's hometown. we were alright since we were outside in the open in a plantation with nothing above us. but damn did the earth shake and move and almost all of us fell to our knees. when we saw the damage that happened later on, it was scary. in many places, the earth had split and cracked open. and some houses and people fell in too.

Saladwood
May 26, 2003, 05:59 PM
i was here during the big SF earthquake. things shook, i went under a table... that's about it. Power was out for 24 hours, maybe. after that, not much else was any different.

Morfos
May 26, 2003, 07:22 PM
Well fortunately, fatal Earthquakes are far less common than tornadoes.

Kasera
May 26, 2003, 07:33 PM
When I lived in Waverly, Ohio when I was about 8 or so, there was a small earthquake there. It more or less just shook some stuff around and knocked a lamp over in the living room but wasn't really all that earth shattering.

LollipopLolita
May 26, 2003, 07:58 PM
never is until you start hitting the high numbers