PDA

View Full Version : PSO FREAK GUIDE.

AndyPandy
May 27, 2003, 05:48 AM
Ok, so here is my PSO guide.

LEGITS

Boring sad people with nothing else better to do than spend all there time looking for randomly dropped rare items. These people are unaware that there is no skill in this, and it simply proves that they are very sad people with nothing else better to do.

LEGIT NOOBIES

Worse than "legits" Sad loosers who claim they are
"legit" because a "legit" mate gave them his Uber rare Double Cannon for free.

N00BIES

People new to PSO. Help them out when you can.

PRE-TEEN

Usually found frequenting Vega spamming there bastardized version of the English language. Constantly spamming sad symbol chat, J00 GIV ME DOUBLE CANNON!!!!! is an example of there exquisite use of the English language. These people are usually frustrated spotty teenagers who have yet to get laid.

FUNNY F.UCKERS

Yes, these are the people who play girl characters AND claim to be female. This is usually to gain attention and to become popular within PSO. A common give away for this is for them to have ?cute? symbol chat icons with pictures of kittens or anything cute. These freaks are usually very sad people with no friends in real life and look to PSO for attention from sexually frustrated teenagers. BEWARE.

HACKERS

I don?t really know what to make of these people. I respect there skill, but COME ON, why the F.uck would you want to spend your time hacking such a shit game. I might suggest they try something more exciting, and more of a challenge than a buggy piece of software.

LEET HACKERS

Loosers who think they are the above. They try to convince everyone they are leet at hacking by threatening to wipe the persons memory card etc. These sad individuals usually go away when challenged with a sentence with more than five words in it.

ITEM WHORES

These are the people who, for some strange reason seem to have to have all the items in PSO. Will someone tell them that 80% of the items are junk anyway, and that they should think about actually playing the game sometime.

LEVEL 200ers

Scary scary people who have NO LIFE what-so ever. They spend all there time in a trance-like state killing stuff 24 hours a day. Their Gamecube is usually situated in the bathroom so they can sit on the toilet whilst playing PSO so as not to interrupt their leveling. Food is given to them via a drip, much like what you see in hospital. This person will not take a bath for months until he has clocked the game to the equivalent of level 1000.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-05-27 03:51 ]</font>

Trickstr
May 29, 2003, 03:54 AM
On 2003-05-27 03:48, AndyPandy wrote:
I don?t really know what to make of these people. I respect there skill, but COME ON, why the F.uck would you want to spend your time hacking such a shit game. I might suggest they try something more exciting, and more of a challenge than a buggy piece of software</font>

if it's such a shit game why bother posting about it, you get a life.

LamerPanda
May 29, 2003, 05:58 PM
Hm, let's see... I have a bunch of items I know are useless crap, I have cute kitty symbol chats, and I spend my time looking for randomly dropped rare items.

I'm a mutt! ;_; Woe is me!

Vanango
Jun 1, 2003, 01:52 AM
I made a similar guide as well!!

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46172&forum=1

or I'll just post it here... damn straight I'm quoting myself:

l337 haX0r Duperz
These are the people that think they're cooler and better and love to rub it in your face
Shortcut Key Presets:
"j00 n00b!"
"I'm b3tt3r than j00 cuz I can sp33k l337"
"I hav3 5 guld millas!!! I swear they are legit!"

Santa Duper
Well, they might mean well by duping items and giving them to characters and I'm sure those receiving these items appreciate it... but it sort of ruins the game for people that are legit... after all, it's not a rare when everyone has one right? (unless it's a varista... geez)
Shortcut Key Presets:
"Free God Parts"
"Take these 5 made rare mags!"

Beggers
Pretty self explainitory...
Shortcut Key Presets:
"NE1 WITH FREE STUFF!?!?!?!?"
"GIVE ME ITEMS!"
"NE1 with FREE GOD PARTS?!"

Whiners
This has happened to me so there is a little sympathy... but not much. People that were corrupted, FSOD/FSODX that try and get stuff from you
Shortcut Key Presets:
"FSOD! LOST ALL MY STUFF! HELP!"
"I need a good weapon! Lost all my stuff!"

Thieves
In P2 and on battle ground they pick up as many items as they can w/o even looking at what they are or who they might belong to. They also don't care if the item is completely irrelevant to them (i.e. Android picking up fluids when there is a FO in the room) They are usually beggers as well.
Shortcut Key Presets:
*nothing, they are too busy picking up items

Supporto Fo
Everyone wants one on their team!
Shortcut Key Presets:
"What? I don't need to hit anything, I get exp. w/ j&z!"
"COME BACK! I HAVE TO S/D UR AZZ!"
**Note, you do not have to be a FO to fall into this catagory

Charity Hunter (philantropists??)
This is the Hunter that thinks not only of themselves. They have fun helping others and only wish for a "thank you" in return. They save technique disks or materials (after maxing of course) or high % weapons for low level characters
Shortcut Key Presets:
"Need Help Leveling?"
"Free items!"
"Need a new weapon?"

Keyboard Chatters
They take advantage of the fact they have a keyboard and most people don't. They dance in the visual lobby and the best are the ones that yell at beggars and whiners
Shortcut Key Presets:
*scoff, Preset? Why bother when I can just type it?![i]

Hardcore lvl Upers
THey can be fun to play w/ sometimes... other times it's just tedious, they ignore all items (except the occasional meseta... but only if it's on the path to the next room...)
Shortcut Key Presets:
[i]*No talk, too... busy... shooting/casting/wacking enemies...

Creepy people
Before I go into my defenition, I'll first explain that I have made friends via PSO and talk to on AIM regularly... I think it's great meeting new people through PSO and making friends... but...
...what I mean by creepy people are the ones that hit on you! A guy I knew played a Hunewearl and he gets hit on all the time... but he also get a lot of free weapons...
Shortcut Key Presets:
"ASL!?"
"Wanna Cyber?"
"Got a Pic?"

Braggers
These are sometimes dupers of some sort. They can frequently be found in trade rooms showing off all their items but w/ no intention of actually trading.
Shortcut Key Presets:
"Ur stuff sucks!"
"No Way!"
"Sho" (so they can later lol at you)

Old School PS Preachers
These are the people that are disappointed in PSO and insist no one is worthy of it unless they've played every PS game before. They usually tell you how much PSO sucks (even though they are usually high level)
Shortcut Key Presets:
"PSO is nothing compared to the old genesis games!"
"Bah, you call this an RPG?!"
"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE NEVER PLAY PS!!"
"No, I don't mean Playstation"

Spammers
They are constantly typing crap, sometimes to distract you so they can pick up items if it's during game play. In the visual lobby they'll play the same symbol chat over and over (very troll like) and are often combination of beggars and/or whiners
Shortcut Key Presets:
*Any thing over and over and over

Uber Legits credit to Auracom
As mentioned in posts below, it's the best and most genuine type of hunter. The one that believes in working for their level ups as well as their weapons or armor. They are cautious when trading (if at all) and avoid dupers at all costs
Shortcut Key Presets:
"Proud owner of a Varista!"
"All my items are legit, found them myself!"
"My eyes are bleeding, I've been online for 16 straight hours looking for a j-sword"

Immature Deity <wannabe> haX0rs Credit to Chaselemonde
These are the kids that like to ruin other people's games. This person knows a person that hax0rz and got a few god parts and a good weapon and proceeds to kill everything in site before anyone else in the room gets a chance at it. There's little hope in losing them. They will also tell you how much you "suk" and how your weapon "sux" but won't offer you something better
Shortcut Key Presets:
*after killing you in battle mode*
"LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
*after reviving you in battle mode and killing you again before you even get to re-equipt your weapon*
"LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
*after reviving you in battle mode and killing you again before you even get to re-equipt your weapon*
"LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"U SUK!!!!!!!!!"
*leaving you to die in battle mode
"Sorry, no Moons!"
"No Meseta to buy moons!"
"I'll revive you if you give me your Snow Queen!"

n00bie
Although many of us may not admit this, at one point or another, we were a newbie. Yep, it's true, even *I* was a newbie. These are the people that are just a little clueless, they don't know tricks like pressing start while running through hallways to keep from targetting traps or other general game play that has become second nature to many of us. They die often since they aren't familiar w/ the keys.
Shortcut Key Presets:
*None, they haven't quite figured that part out yet

Okay, this is just a random list I put together at 4am at work... so excuse typos and stupid mistakes... did I miss anyone? ^-^