PDA

View Full Version : Newb has questions, well not exactly newb

Nox
May 30, 2003, 08:14 AM
Ok, new to PSOW, just found it a few weeks ago, really cool stuff, i didn't think that PSO still had an online community (sigh of relief). Awesome to find that it does. Anyway, heres my situation, Im and old PSO player from the DC days, i put a good 9 months into it back in '01, loved it. I bought PSO for GC last october, because i sold my dreamcast (big mistake, oh i miss it dearly). Never bought the modem for GC, and now i've bought an xbox, and i find its on xbox also. So, which version has the larger community? (I've looked into it and from what i can gather, xbox and gc PSOers can't play together) And, is it worth getting xbox live and xbox PSO for the voice chat? I definately want to get back in.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Vanango
May 30, 2003, 12:24 PM
GC has the bigger community -- the majority of people on this site play GC so that *might* be more helpful in little things such as trouble shooting or finding people or even trading, however there are benefits to xbox as well. It's still relatively new (comparatively) so in terms of "catching up" it might be easier. Xbox has a few extra fees but it also has more online games. Gamecube's keyboard is difficult to get, the date (www.codejunkies.com) is 20 but it takes a long time for it to processes and there are adapter problems, play-asia has an adapter that requires you to have or to buy a seperate keyboard... xbox has the headset, that might be more appealing to you, but faults w/ the headsets though is listening to whiney brats.. and it takes out the "role playing" aspect, although there is little role playing anywhere in the game.

Basically each has their pros and cons. *shrug*

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of the differnece between the two.