View Full Version : Is It True That FSODs Occur Less Often On European/Japanese
05-31-2003, 01:13 AM
I've got mixed answers from this one, but that would kind of make sense since there are more people online in U.S.A. clogging servers than in europe/japan.
Also, I've heard people swear up and down that the less guild cards you have, the less chance of being fsod...
05-31-2003, 02:59 AM
No. FSoD can happen anywhere with pretty much an equal chance. However, one of the main contributors to FSoD (other than people exploiting game bugs) seems to be how busy a block is that you decide to play on. However, this is not a surefire thing as you can still get FSoD on a completely empty block.
05-31-2003, 10:32 PM
I'm a newb for asking but what is a FSOD?
05-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Frozen Screen Of Death
I'm going to vouch that if you're on the US version, you are a lot more likely to FSOD while on the JP/EU servers. My reasoning:
-The obvious lag. Anyone on broadband who creates a team, will automatically notice that the speed has been downgraded to what seems like normal 56K.
-I honestly can't remember the last time I FSOD'd on US servers. At one point, for less than a full week, I played almost exclusively on the JP servers. I received two FSOD's throughout the duration, one that occured during the double save, the second occurred just a few seconds after the double save was complete. (This was recent, too.)
-I've had about 2-3 LSOD's while on the way to falz in JP servers, yet never had one on US servers. I'd also like to note I've probably fought Dark Falz 93% of the time on US, with the remaining 7% in JP.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-05-31 21:24 ]</font>
I've never had problems until last Wednesday when I got two fake FSODs that my system finally came out of while I sat there panicking... and one that it wouldn't come out of, all in less than an hour. Luckily nothing was lost, but I had noticed _really_ bad lag despite my Broadband...
this was on the EU servers.
I've noticed that there is more lag on the EU servers overall too, though we're not immune from it on the US ones...
06-01-2003, 10:58 AM
I think if you have alot of guild cardds people can 'hunt' you to give you FSOD.
06-01-2003, 03:05 PM
In terms of just Lobby FSODs, America is far more risky. Remember that most Lobby FSODs are intentional, done by mean people. And only America has such people for whatever reason.
06-01-2003, 03:58 PM
I've FSODed more in Japan servers than in US.
06-02-2003, 02:54 AM
I have the direct opposite experience... For me, 80% of my FSOD:s have been on the US servers... But, my one and only FSODX was on an almost empty EU server... Go figure..
06-02-2003, 03:43 AM
i have around 60 guildcards, never had an fsod on the japanese c-mode block (which is pretty crowded from time to time) - my only fsods and ingame freezes where on us-ships so far.
well, i stopped to visit us-ships too frequently and i am careful when 'meeting users' and changing ships.
no real problems since more than two months.
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.