PDA

View Full Version : XBox: HL rotten deal for XBOX owners!!

davidwid
May 31, 2003, 04:29 PM
Dang, I just got back chatting with a very helpfull Microsoft Consumer Service regarding this premium contents, here are the feedback I was given, trust me you guys are not gonna be happy when you read this. It is kinda suck too since PSOX is the ultimate version of this game. But read on:

1. First of all I was told that the $9 a month is a fee that we have to pay just to play the game online. What gives?? I thought that fee was for "premium content", Microsoft rep said that the premium content and online quests are just a bonus and can be added tomorrow or six months later. I tried to tell him not to use that argument since it basically negates the purpose of XBOX Live subscription. He stated again that I have to pay XBOX Live plus $9 a month just to play PSO. Well, why whould I want to do that if there are tons of other free LIVE games???

2. Second, this is regarding your free trial period. Unlike the cube version, if you cancel your HL, you still get to play till the end of your free month. However if you ever cancel PSOX, it will be effective immediately, even if you are still within a week or a month of your free two months!!! That blows!! So if you want to cancel wait till the end of your free trial.

3. Third..... OK this only applies once you start paying for your HL. If you ever feel like you are not getting your money's worth and try to cancel. THIS CANCELLATION WILL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, EVEN IF YOU STILL HAVE LETS SAY TWO WEEKS LEFT ON YOUR BILLING CYCLE. Well dang, this is the most outrageous claim I have ever heard!! At least SEGA still let you play till the end of the billing cycle (unless you reactivate midway). Boy talk about sukk!!

So basically if you pay already for a month and cancel it the next day for any reason, puff your money is gone, and you are not getting your remainder time refunded either, all gone.

I guess this means that I will playing the Cube version a lot more than the XBOX version. Talk about rotten costumer service from Microsoft!!

doommachine
Jun 2, 2003, 07:47 PM
man i cant believe that. Xbox really deserves the respect it needs. Its got the best graphix and online play and they still dont give credit. Since Sega is always in debt i think microsoft should just buy sega and maybe we wouldnt hafta deal with these @$$holes!!!!!