PDA

View Full Version : Blah, maturity and overrated methods of insults.

Mystil
Jun 6, 2003, 02:32 PM
Some players should keep thier old fashioned insults to themselves..

I had a run in with a lamer..

But enough about him, since he's insignificant.

The line of: I don't have time to deal with children.

"Are you 15 and below?"

"You need to grow up".

Is old, and it's quite silly to use against someone that obviously has a higher maturity level than you do. Especially when you start a fight with the person UNPROVOKATIVELY.

One thing: I don't reveal my gender in PSO anymore. Nor my age. I noticed if female: You got every guy wanting to be nice and a friend to you. If male: guys will neglect you. And girls will avoid you.(That has nothing to do with this topic, just wanted to get out part of something that has bothered me extremely for awhile..)

Cursing out someone is an example of being 'immature'. But you're cursing out the person that you are saying 'acts like a child'. While this 'child in acting' is shouting intellegent insults at you that you never even heard of, that you can't counter. (hypocritical statement on my part)

And the only way to weasel out of it, is the use another old trick of "I'll ignore you, you are'nt worth me typing over.

It's funny. Mad cause the person got owned lol:)

And I must say that, just because YOU are over 18, 19, or 20. Don't mean you are mature. Age don't got nothing to do with maturity(LOL). I know some well leveled headed 14 year olds(and most in PSO) If you suck you just suck.

Of course anger will make you say stuff you don't mean, so I guess that's omit.

Ness
Jun 6, 2003, 06:34 PM
I agree. Some people need to stop assuming that just because they are or think they are older than you that it makes them smarter or more mature.

Daikarin
Jun 7, 2003, 07:18 AM
Yeah, well... Another thing that usually happens:

Once I entered US/Antares, greeting everyone, asking if anybody wanted to join me.

I got no reply, and a ranger walked towards me.

I greeted him with my symbol chat icon, and all I got was a big

"GOD, I hate kid HUmars."

Ironically, a few moths ago on my PSO PC trial, I created a FOnewearl, and asked if anybody would want to play with me.

Guess what happened?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2003-06-07 05:19 ]</font>

Ness
Jun 7, 2003, 08:56 AM
On 2003-06-07 05:18, New Ultimate wrote:

Once I entered US/Antares, greeting everyone, asking if anybody wanted to join me.

Ironically, a few moths ago on my PSO PC trial, I created a FOnewearl, and asked if anybody would want to play with me.

Guess what happened?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2003-06-07 05:19 ]</font>

What happened? I'm dying to know.

MasterJoel
Jun 7, 2003, 11:15 AM

Guess what happened?

Back in the PSO DC days, I always used a HUnewearl. I would always get stuff for free. I didn't even want half of the stuff... But now, its a lot harder for me to get stuff from people, not that I was ever looking for free stuff, because I mostly use a FOmar. Its true! People treat you better if they think you are a sexy woman! I'm even treated better when I am using my RAcaseal!

Oh yeah, the arguing thing is pretty true. I try to abstain for those reasons, but sometimes I can't help but to jump in to a juicy arguement. I should stop accusing people of smoking pot and typing at the same time...

ChibiMyu
Jun 7, 2003, 01:29 PM
So far I've been insulted because...

- I play as a humar. It's so obvious that I have nothing better to do than dupe, beg for rares, or be obnoxious. I don't even have to open my mouth and speak complete and intelligent sentences for them to figure this one out.

- I play as a hunewearl. My character is way too good looking and I don't go around showing off kitty cat smybol chats and giggling, so I'm obviously not a girl. Is it a good thing or a bad thing when you and one other hunewearl are in the game and some hacker gives the other one all the free rares? o_O;; Not that I would take them, but it seems so ironic...

- I told someone to put away their spread needle in a NORMAL mode game. Hey, it's a free world and they have a right to do whatever they want, even if they take away from other peoples' game by cheating. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that 180% spread needle if DC style play ever comes back... I really need that 10 meseta.

- I told a FO to leave a HU only BA game as marked by the game name. I'm racist because I request a well balanced fight.

(meh... I hope people picked up the sarcasm in that)

Strangly, many people have thought that I was older than I really am. o.o;;

DukeElrond
Jun 7, 2003, 01:37 PM
It's funny when I use my HUnewearl... people will ask me if I'm a girl in real life, and I'll tell them I forgot. That makes them so mad. XD

Oh, and let's not forget the swearing and name calling when I do tell them I'm a guy. Sometimes, people act like PSO is real life, like I was cross-dressing in the Matrix or something. o.o;;

I dunno, I like the extra TP in BA6. *goes back online as his HUnewearl character*

KM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DukeElrond on 2003-06-07 12:20 ]</font>

Mystil
Jun 7, 2003, 09:06 PM
Everytime I used Sil, I'd get mail raped. Then they ask me if I'm a girl, and when I tell them "no", I never hear from them again. Haha. I know about four guys(they all post here) that have stuck around even knowing I wasn't female out of like 20 in my card list..

After the argument I had with this person who was ironically a FOmar, I came to a conclusion that I pretty much hate how much more lame this version is from the DC. I don't understand why some people will come online with thier stink nasty ways.

Oh well.

RavenTW
Jun 7, 2003, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I once went in a game with my HUcaseal and was called gay just because I told them my gender.

*reminds himself to tell them he has no gender because he's a robot*

Thanks guys! Because of you, I have one more intelligent comeback!

Vantamiath
Jun 8, 2003, 01:08 AM
PSO is filled with the most stereotypes and labels of any online game.

Ever.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 07:35 AM
nah, just filled with lots of morons on their pads.

people really should learn that they cant figure another person out completely (or at all) just by looking at them (or even worse: one of their characters in a videogame) for some seconds... sheesh...

RavenTW
Jun 8, 2003, 07:56 AM
You can always remind them that it's a role-playing game. Which means, you play the role of somebody else. Girl, guy, faf, skinny, long hair, short, none, any way YOU want it. It's your right and your not gonna let people's insults say otherwise.

*finds another good comeback*

Morfos
Jun 8, 2003, 11:05 AM

Guess what happened?

What happened, Im dieing to know!

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jun 8, 2003, 12:21 PM
I'm not online yet, but i can only imagine the annoyances i will get upon getting online because i only use females but i am a male.

i cant help it, i just love to control those cute female characters.....=3

Shimarisu
Jun 8, 2003, 11:56 PM
When I play as Adol my HUmar I get ignored lots. Or people come up to me and say "U R GAY" because of my trademark "heehee". I tried saying "Yes I am" purely to annoy them but then they wouldn't leave me alone. Seriously depressing the bigotry on this game, but I think most of it is from kids, like maybe 10 year olds or less. I often get "Adol you NOOB" for no reason at all.

Now I found a trick with Adol is to open up a team called "Ys Book 1" or something, then an Ys fan joins the game just to look at my HUmar. But I'm lucky because I picked a chara off an obscure game. I get respect from people who liked it.

When I play as my FOmar I DON'T get abused for acting 'gay'. Now isn't this weird? It's just the HUmar they don't like. If I act 'gay' with Arion they say 'LOL' and 'Arion you are very pretty.'

When I play as my HUnewearl I get masses of attention. I don't see any point in pretending I'm a guy just to avoid it, but sometimes it gets annoying. I don't like to be given dupes either. STOP GIVING ME DUPES! God. Anyway I'm lucky that I have a select group of friends on PSO to play with. My HUnewearl only plays when friends are online and my other charas are just whores, they will play with anyone. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

- Shimarisu

Shimarisu
Jun 9, 2003, 12:03 AM
Oh, I gotta say this though - you can tell the guys playing HUnewearls because they give them massive breasts, haha. I made mine pretty small because let's face it, make them big and your shoulders and hips go big too, then you look seriously out of proportion.

Note to guys - STOP DOING THAT! IT LOOKS DUMB!

- Shimarisu

Droid
Jun 9, 2003, 11:23 AM
Nerds with no life, calling eachother fags. You guys make a pretty sloppy bed to sleep in.

As for finding mature people online. You will get one month of a mature persons time, before they cancel their account. I just cancelled mine today. Sorry but this game is imiture and stupid. Xbox is raking in your cash and doing nothing for it in return. A good majority of people still online are kids who's mom's don't have time to do anything with them. I just about went deaf when the 9 year old descided he was going to yell at his sister and not turn on the mute button. At least I can dig up my dads Red Fox albums and still listen to a Black man tell jokes and not have to say Nigg... every 38.56 seconds. You kids enjoy your little game, I'm sure it will teach you all about how to pick up whores when you get older... Over and out.

Daikarin
Jun 9, 2003, 11:36 AM
On 2003-06-09 09:23, Droid wrote:
A good majority of people still online are kids who's mom's don't have time to do anything with them. I just about went deaf when the 9 year old descided he was going to yell at his sister and not turn on the mute button. At least I can dig up my dads Red Fox albums and still listen to a Black man tell jokes and not have to say Nigg... every 38.56 seconds. You kids enjoy your little game, I'm sure it will teach you all about how to pick up whores when you get older... Over and out.

It's not that bad when you play with the right people. Luckily I met someone really mature recently. That's the fun of the game, playing with the right team, enjoying their company, and keeping yourself away from all those who annoy you, whether in small things as "WANNA TRADE YAMATO" or even class descrimination.

Thank you and have a nice day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2003-06-09 09:43 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Jun 9, 2003, 07:08 PM
I also think if you want to avoid immature players, stay off the X-box. 9 year old shouting down the mic? Crumbs, I couldn't STAND that if it happened to me. Joke being is this game isn't even aimed at kids - play in Japanese and it uses the full gamut of high school level kanjis. I'd say it's early teens-adult and if you go on Japanese ships you'll see this to be the case. It's just the US ship that's terrible for this, where practically every household is online and people think nothing of kids playing the game. I'd say stick to Antares 8 (some kids but mostly mid teens to 20s) or the Euro ships (ditto). And stay off X-box. The huge irony is that everyone says that GC is a kiddies' console yet it takes a certain maturity to be able to look past that garbage and buy a GC. Only immature people, or new gamers think "Well GC is for kids, I shall buy an X-box", because that statement is not true and all dyed in the wool fans know it not to be the case. Most older gamers and retro fans went from Saturn to Dreamcast to Gamecube, so most players of the DC version did also. I don't know a single older gamer who has bought X-box. We all bought GC, because Nintendo was in our hearts from day one.

For every newbie kid shouting rubbish on the GC version, there is somebody standing around saying "God, these kids, I can't stand it." I give my guild card to anyone doing this. And the last guy I met doing this was only 14. It's not always the case that younger people are the immature ones. Weed out the mature players and you will have a fun time.

- Shimarisu

Mystil
Jun 10, 2003, 09:19 PM
On 2003-06-09 09:23, Droid wrote:
Nerds with no life, calling eachother fags. You guys make a pretty sloppy bed to sleep in.

As for finding mature people online. You will get one month of a mature persons time, before they cancel their account. I just cancelled mine today. Sorry but this game is imiture and stupid. Xbox is raking in your cash and doing nothing for it in return. A good majority of people still online are kids who's mom's don't have time to do anything with them. I just about went deaf when the 9 year old descided he was going to yell at his sister and not turn on the mute button. At least I can dig up my dads Red Fox albums and still listen to a Black man tell jokes and not have to say Nigg... every 38.56 seconds. You kids enjoy your little game, I'm sure it will teach you all about how to pick up whores when you get older... Over and out.

This is the shit I'm talking about.

Anyhow..

I really am quite tired of (insert offensive sentence here, which I will not reveal). But I wish like 90% of the this game's population would just get thier act together. And yes, I HATE playing with most players.

Maybe it's because of the hell I went through on the DC version. Hard to TRUST anyone, and thier 'selective'(yes selective)ways. Never know when you're gonna get fucked over.(Just ask Chaos, he's seen the shit I went through with idiot players.).

Sure I got a few friends I trust, they know who they are.

Anyhow. I don't care what gender you are, female/male/both. Just freaking act 'senseable'. It's not that hard. Quit coming online with intentions to piss someone off/try to make their character appear inferior to yours(Forces own all, we da best - pfft FUCK YOU!- no class is the best you #%#%)

Phantasy Star Online is NOT just 'a' game. Really saying that, is just like saying 'it's only the internet - you are not real.' Really? guess we're all fake, so lets treat each other like we got no feelings what so ever.

Would you like to be called an asshole here, and be called one by the same person IN person. You'd be angry about it here, and in person. The emotions are triggered the same and remain the same. Nothing changes when you're online. Except the persona you have. But realize your true personality will leak out at some point.

I guess that what most these 'so called mature' players think. "cause I'll never see you in person, I'll say whatever the fuck I want to you, and you will deal with it.". Really...but it's NO FUN when the same dish you threw is thrown back at you now is it?

I think I better stop here.

*Sils rant number: 39075043985823e45 at PSOW*

Wow. way too much anger generated out of that. O_o;; I think I need another break. 2 days not long enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-06-10 19:23 ]</font>