PDA

View Full Version : let the duping of the new items begin!!!

JaDe
Mar 13, 2001, 03:35 AM
as i was playing PSO with a bunch of newbies with every weapon in the whole game...i asked how they got such great weapons at such a low level..they responded by telling me of a new gs or xploder code where they can get any item in the game....that means all the rares...will be manufactured virtually by this code, and duplicated 100 times fold...this is sadly the end of PSO!

Spy
Mar 13, 2001, 03:48 AM
It only affects you as much as you let it. I hardly play with anyone I don't know/trust anymore so I don't have to give a damn about duping or hacking.

VampireLR
Mar 13, 2001, 05:56 AM
Like I stated before the game is only enjoyable depending on the people you play with. I have a friend who actually cheats with a game shark yet I still play with him. You know why..? Because he knows that I don't cheat so he plays respectively. We play for the love of the game and because we're friends.

Ambel
Mar 13, 2001, 06:20 AM
know what? When I leave those (dupers/cheaters) at the dark cold corner of PSO. They crying for people to play with. MUHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! Nobody will with YOU LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!! DIE CHEATERS!!!!

Nokturne
Mar 13, 2001, 09:44 AM
since this has turned into the much overtalked-about duping situation, i must share my view http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I myself, build my character and mag legitly (though i did use a duped cell on it... twas ugly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif ), but due to the insanely stupid rate at which they programmed the game to drop true rares, i would have to play 20,000 hours (and that wouldn't be an exaggeration) to find even half of these items.... therefore, i've broken down and started accepting dupes. Oh no! I'm the devil eh... sorry, but i'm not gonna play that long for any game just to see a few guns, lol. I don't go braggin about my duped weapons, and i try to stay away from using them online (to be considerate)....

But using the dupes doesn't take away from the game one bit... i'm overly-joyed when i find a legit rare, and i instantly proceed to put the dupe away afterwards and bask in my new found glory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Then again, i was using my "legit" c-bringer last night, and one of you whiney "you're a cheater" types came in and started off on me for usin that... whats that about? I attempted to explain, but to no success. oooh well.

p.s. if you use the needle (or the recent new cheese-a-thon, heaven punisher) in my game outside of bosses, prepare to be bitched at the whole time.

and as said already, if you truly can't stand the cheaters (all i can't stand are exp. hogs, aka spread needle users), just go to a different game... only takes a minute http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

dont hurt the new girl :*(

Socrates
Mar 13, 2001, 11:40 AM
"but due to the insanely stupid rate at which they programmed the game to drop true rares, i would have to play 20,000 hours (and that wouldn't be an exaggeration) to find even half of these items...."

As I said recently in another post, I think the game was intentionaly set up that way. Your average person should only be able to find maybe a half-dozen of the rares during his or her gaming career.

That way, when a high level party is created online, it is more likely that each player will have one or two nifty weapons, but they will be more likely to be ones that the other teammates don't have, due to the huge pool of possible weapons available. It would keep the 'ooooh' factor as well as keeping any one weapons from overbalancing the game.

Ratsmack
Mar 13, 2001, 06:18 PM
A half-duper is a half-cheater. Nokturne, did you really pick up PSO off the shelves and think "Wow! This is going to have some great guns!" Nope. You thought "Wow! This is going to be fun to play." Define play for me. Last time I checked, play didn't mean seeing and using all the available possibilities. Sure, it's fun for you to see a sea of exp popping up after you use your duped spread, but it's not so cheering to your teammates. Stay offline with your dupes. Now, anyone who had read my posts know I'm one of the biggest anti-cheaters around. Someone once offered me a Double Saber on the japanese servers, and I took it. I used it, but then I suddenly felt I didn't earn what exp or Items I got with it. So, now, it is in my bank and I have never used it since. I put away my rare. And guess what? I'm having much more fun with my Storm Glaive+5. I don't care if I ever see a super-mega-ultra rare. Hell, if I found a Spread needle, I'd say "neato" use it for a bit, then let it rot in my bank. You don't need to play with a Heaven's Punisher to enjoy the game.