PDA

View Full Version : hm... too easy?

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 08:06 AM
hm, mines runs got boring so i decided to take my fonewearl through ep2 the day before yesterday and solved temple. wasted a few dolls on the way due to ob lillie's stray shots, well, boss was easy as pie as usual (rafoie).

yesterday i continued. i was lvl 117 all the time, around 1400 MST, with 3 dragon/HPs equipped that bring my HP up to 910.
space ship - easier than temple... 1 doll wasted to a sorcerers megid i thought i could evade to the side... well...
gol dragon was a joke - i dont even had a foie merge equipped, but the second part just needed 3 lousy foie blasts...

ok, i tried cca, jungle... mericarol... keeping distance and ... zondeing it to death it did not even move an inch. mountain? well, constant switching from agni to indra and back, but i did not even waste a doll here. gibbles... well.. 51 exp, as usual on ult ^_^; - beach was even more easy since barta is so strong (no barta merge, but adaman), it blasts the gee's with 3 hits... (something i'm used to from ep1, btw...). gi gue... pfth... didnt attack me once even though i killed all gee's first.

ok, i knew the gryphon was easy, though i died once due to... synow spigell on the way to it.

seabed... hm... i thought first. still lvl 117. my lvl 145 hunewearl gets killed in the upper levels allready...
but i tried anyway (switched my precious god/mind for a fourth dragon/HP -> around 950 HP in total now, and got all weapons ready - agni, adaman and indra).

hm... i think i died twice and finally i was in front of olgas teleporter.

hm... 18 k exp to lvl 118... ok, i run through temple again, died once with 150 exp short to level up ^_^ finally got the up and ran back to the teleporter to pioneer since i still had that telepipe set infront of olga.

up again, getting all scapedolls i had, reconfiguring the buttons to all basic techs, grants, rafoie and resta, getting ready for full foie fights and entering... (hm, i love the music ^_^).
foie auto aim is of great use here, since there are no boxes it could hit elseway, hehe.
after a while (his attacks werent even halfing my HP bar) first form collapsed and i poped in a trifluid, chasing that light to start the final fight.

first, distance, and i tried the techs... grants... hm... ok. i died once and decided to keep myself right next to him would be a better idea. and it was.
orange form, oh, he's weak to zonde now, yay. so i switched to zumiuran and shocked him to death (with the red merge still equipped... and 2 rafoie now and then to get rid of this little bits his mags are setting).
well... eventually he collapsed... notice that i did not tried on falz by that time. but the ending is nice ^_^ different to non-ult-mode, kinda ... boring but stil nice.

well... why am i typing all this?
it lead to the question why i dont just create a fonewearl for each section ID? would be the shortest way to see all levels and be able to hunt for all rares... sure my hunewearl is fun to play but she needs 50% more time to clear a level, even though its just hack and slay with the exact same weapon to each enemy.
so i basically beat the game - offline at least..

you might say 'try to beat ult olga online with your fonewearl' - well i might, but i'm playing offline 90% of the time and ult games are actually rare, online, for me, these days...

but what now? my plans are to get kahimi to lvl 130 to make myself a summit moon. i already hunt for a nice % cane since a month or so. but afterwards? the mst i get from leveling up is not much, also my HP is high enough to survive everything offline.

i guess i'll switch to my ranger then, for a break... (yay, c-mode with a ramarl has to be done soon. sounds fun ^_^).

edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-06-08 06:10 ]</font>

Sham
Jun 8, 2003, 11:28 AM
it lead to the question why i dont just create a fonewearl for each section ID?

I'd suggest trying a FOnewm. He has a bit more HP for bosses, same for DFP but for normal enemies. But most importantly, his RA techs are devastating offline. Complete and quick area-clearing.

rena-ko
Jun 9, 2003, 05:14 AM
maybe, for a design change (i really already thought about a fonemn), but HP is not really a problem.
and for bosses... his only advance would be with de rol le-types. others would take longer.

btw. update:
i yesterday killed dark falz as well - he was way more easy since everything is set...
-rabarta/barta against the darvants...
-zonde against form 1 and rabarta now and then...
-barta (with 972 HP he again didnt even halfed the HP bar)
-and finally foie... again he died right before he could capture my soul... but well, each tech in each stage (with merge+weapon boost) did around 550 damage...

now the only thing to do would be annoying ruins runs (annoying because the switching almost for every enemy - mines you only need a red merge and an 'agni' - except for vol opt - and you get around 90k exp) - found a blue amp i wanted for so long.

hm... any other opinions?
(i should have posted this in the general forum)

polishedweasel
Jun 11, 2003, 03:05 AM
Stop playing PSO....

It's old and we've done everything that there is to do...right?

PSO is really easy anyway. I found that out when I started playing Ragnarok Online. I get killed alot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Being a mage isn't good someimes. I figure I'll get bored with this one too.

Here's an example:

Christmas comes around and you get a fresh new shiny game. You play it, you beat it. Advance to the next difficulty, beat it, then advance. Etc... Six months later...are you still playing it? PSO is just your average RPG with a little more customability. SO why play it for 6 -7 months straight? Lv 200??? By the time you're lv 120 you can beat the game online and off. Perhaps there needs to be another difficulty after Ultimate. Something that only a lv 200 can beat...that would keep me playing.

RuneScapeMan
Jun 11, 2003, 06:15 AM
Hmm...
Forcers don't seem to good really...
Killed a gee in three hits, gimme a break...
Anyway, it might be just me but dying four times agains ob lilys doesn't seem very, good...
I died once in temple, once in spaceship, once in mountain as a level 123 RAcast.

rena-ko
Jun 11, 2003, 10:33 AM
needing 3 hits for a gee seems a lot, but needing 3 hits against 4 gees is another thing, dont you think? barta is a great tech imho. and if i'd boost it to the extend, i'd kill gees in 2 hits.
matter of fact... even if i dont boost techs at all i'll be quicker than my hunewearl with 25 more levels in clearing areas. dont matter which one..

being a force is the most fun in pso, but also its the easiest way to play through the complete game.

well, online i play support, thats different to offline frying, zapping and freezing everything.

its now 2 days that i havent played the game...

i started to level my hucaseal but actually... if i wouldnt use a partisan type this time... (gae bolg) it would be the same as with my sword-, twin- or mechgun-wielding hunewearl. just less need for using mate/resta and more power (heck i fed my lvl 29 all mates she was planned to eat allready... and she has a nice atp/ata mag with her...). well, i'll concentrate on partisan, blade and guntypes this time...

since then i hung around at the pc a lot... having kinda unexpected lecture free time at the uni... i read books again (amrita by banana yoshimoto, i love her books) lately - english, and aloud, just for spelling training....
i try ikaruga now and then... and i play soul calibur again (1)... with arcade board this time...

maybe i really should have a break from pso for some weeks... i'm getting sick of having to write down yet another gae bolg- or storm wand: indra-find...

Mystil
Jun 12, 2003, 05:12 AM
Forces can blow throw any level faster offline than any other. It's the multi hit techs. And Barta is like megid. It penatrates. So if it takes 3 hits to kills 4 gees, then it just 3 barta spells, as oppossed to using it on 4 at a time.(which would be TP wasting)

And yes the game is way too easy.

rena-ko
Jun 13, 2003, 02:51 AM
yes, like said above ^_^ tactical barta use is a great thing, since it hits things in a row.

well... a bit continuing...

so i was pausing to play pso for 3 days... wow, kinda my record. i played a bit metroid prime instead but died the third time... damn that stupid space pirates... -_-; but i got past that stupid turning tower... this time... try again.
also i watched onegai teacher at last - what a wonderful series, really surprised me how deep this goes.

then i decided it would be time for leveling my hucaseal a bit. i solved hard mode at lvl 35 (not a problem, tweaked as she is - no super rares, but a yamato for 1 combo killing and that gae bolg - for falz i stupidly took a vise with me. well, he eventually died but it took longer that it could have been).
forest vhard. i ran trough to ruins vhard... needed around 4 hours for that then suddenly... power outage...

wow...
nice...
really...
after 15 minutes without light and everything else (i started to read a book because it was still pretty bright outside for a late afternoon...) power was back. i checked if my characters where ok. of course i got dropped back from lvl 043 to lvl 035 but well... lost an add slot, found a pb/create on the second try, not bad ^-^; but sadly no justice-mechguns (they look cool)...

back to the game being too easy...
well i understand this more this time, since i tweaked my hucaseal - she ate 50 def mats and 40 evade, 10 pow. i still think about whether i should collect 30 luck mats for her or use that for power mats...
then she wears 2 dragon HP and a mag with 5 125 70 0, estlla, pilla, m&y.
as main weapons a yamato (found with my fonewearl) and a gae bolg with 30% hit (as well, my fonewearl). eventually she'll get a demo comet from my hunewearls stock - or i'll give her the srank twin i have (with soon to have a deband special)...
i'll bring her to ult (tomorrow - *laughs* just kidding, i'll explore vhard still a bit... there are actually interesting drops there...) and see if i can go up to ult ruins as easy as i went up to vhard ruins (i honestly doubt that though)...

but then again... isn't item muling and tweaking considerable as exploiting the logical 'bug' called offline multiplayermode?
i dunno. maybe i should keep my next chara completely clean from any stuff another chara found. normal and hard mode are really boring but i should go through it like the first time... next time...

happyalloy
Jun 13, 2003, 10:07 AM
If you're maxed out on mats, then I can see why the game would be too easy and too boring offline... I'm still playing this game months later because of my friends, and because I like working with a lot of different characters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (and because I have to keep restarting characters for stupid reasons, good thing I can get to lvl 80 in one and a half days if I push myself hehe)

rena-ko
Jun 13, 2003, 03:07 PM
hm, i've beaten dark falz on vhard today with my lvl 47 HUcaseal. she had 3 dragon HP with her and died twice through that fight. it was long but doable. i even just used a whitelettered raygun and the yamato with no percents on the first part.
right now i explored the caves and found a red scorpion, really nice thingy (for my ranger). the sil dragon was hard and i had to try again because i was too lazy to keep distance to the ice holes...

well... thing is, so far now, if this would have been my first character, i could have had a mag like this ready for ages. and also the few materials arent that problem because i "evade manually" - walk around the barbles etc. until i can attack them easily. even the yamato or the twin blaze i'm using arent that special.
hm... i pipe up every 5 minutes for dimates (and my second mag needs them as well...) but then, forest and even caves is easily doable at the lvl of around 50. (i just wait to equip my srank twin... around 190 ATP more and voila).

hm, next chara will be definitely on her own again. no mag-, no mat- no weapon-muling, until she can handle ult mode. just for a break.