PDA

View Full Version : The "High" of Nickelodeon

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 09:17 AM
Now, like any thingamajiggy PSOer, I look for the highest quality comedy entertainment. I actually find myself laughing HARD at Spongebob Squarepants and The Fairly OddParents (which is a wonderfully done show, if you ever catch it). But I was looking for my random encounter for TFOP when I see this strange marathon of Rugrats shows dominate the channel most of the day.

And the celebration for this inane marathon?

The dedication of a cartoon dog talking for the first time ever in a movie.

And this is revolutionary, how?

Atax
Jun 8, 2003, 09:45 AM
I believe the term "They do it, simply because they can," would be appropriate. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

CGoodness
Jun 8, 2003, 10:26 AM
now im happy that i dont have cable....

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 11:16 AM
On 2003-06-08 07:45, Atax wrote:
I believe the term "They do it, simply because they can," would be appropriate. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Rather, "They do it, simply because they can, without reason."

Ness
Jun 8, 2003, 11:26 AM
Nickolodean (sp?) stopped being good years ago.

LamerPanda
Jun 8, 2003, 12:24 PM
*pickets outside Nickelodeon HQ with "Bring Back Invader Zim" signs*

I watch SpongeBob when I'm bored, but I wish they'd let Rugrats die. Heck, I don't see what their obsession is with Klasky-Csupo or however it's spelled. Rugrats, Rocket Power, Wild Thornberries... they're all made by them, right? It's sick, give some other cartoonists a chance.

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 12:40 PM
The Wild Thornberrys is plain horrible and the same goes for Rocket Power (uninspired show with oh-so uninspired name). Everything looks uber-deformed, and not in that "uniquely creative" kind of way.

Nickelodeon had brief good moment. Rocko's Modern Life was okay, but I absolutely cracked up like no tomorrow with the Angry Beavers. THAT was funny.

Guile
Jun 8, 2003, 01:58 PM
When Salute your Shorts left, I left

LamerPanda
Jun 8, 2003, 02:36 PM
I loved Angry Beavers and Salute Your Shorts. ;_;

Angry Beavers and Invader Zim still show up on this one Nickelodeon channel, Nicktoons TV or something like that. Clarissa Explains it All is on Noggin, but I haven't seen SYS... they're annoying channels that I only get on digital cable, and that's on one TV downstairs that my dad is always watching.

Rocko's Modern Life has been on a lot recently, on plain ol' Nick. O_o Strange.

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 02:56 PM
They have that Nick GaS channel that has nothing but old game shows...

I mean, sure, it works for the Game Show Network but... o_o

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 8, 2003, 03:30 PM
Spongebob and Fairy OddParents own me.

CGoodness
Jun 8, 2003, 03:34 PM
Nick GAS is cool

I used to love Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple. and Nick Arcade.

too bad i was like 5 when they got taken of the normal nick channel

now since i dont have cable i gotta wait till i go to my frineds house and stay up till 3:30 in the morning to watch my old favorite shows

Ness
Jun 8, 2003, 08:28 PM
Nickelodeon started sucking as soon as they stopped airing "Ren and Stimpy" and "Rocko's Modern Life". "Hey Dude" was pretty good too.

"Sponge Bob Squarepants" isn't even remotely funny or interesting and don't get me started on the "Wild Thornberrys".

Cowboy
Jun 8, 2003, 09:20 PM
They canned invader zim? *cries for 2 hours straight*

Sai-Yuk
Jun 9, 2003, 05:32 AM
because my youngest brother always watches this channel, and i really do not like flicking the TV on those occasional times in the day that i do, to find it on said channel... well, seeing as they have shows with titles such as 'Dare U' and 'LOL' i am truely disgusted, as i have to deal with people that think by using abbreviations that they look INTELLIGENT. and i see this most in a place where people are supposed to be creative.
if i wasn't forced to watch wild thornberries and as told by ginger and such, that he always insists on watching, i wouldn't keep threatening to further restrict his access to my xbox.
(i've already forbidden him from handling the games, after he destroyed the sonic adventure 2 trial i got with a certain game, before i even got to play it.)

CajunSamurai
Jun 9, 2003, 05:41 AM
*pickets outside Nickelodeon HQ with "Bring Back Invader Zim" signs* PREASE IT LOUD, SISTA! >_<
Zim was, in my opinion, the ONLY thing going for their sorry asses in YEARS... Apparently, Jhonen Vasquez HATED working for them though, so perhaps it's for the better that Nick canned the show. Probably the funniest American cartoon I'll have ever seen. *sniff*

And man, I always wished I could be on Nick Arcade. Them were the days. o_O

Kid_Icarus
Jun 9, 2003, 07:22 AM
Nick almost went into the forbidden zone with Ren and Stimpy. It was one of the best cartoons ever.

*downloads Happy Happy Joy Joy*

Doug was tolerable before they whored it out to Disney,
And does anyone remeber Ahh! Real Monsters besides me?
And Rocko's Modern Life was awesome too. But I agree the whole Rugrats thing needs to die. Reminds me of The Land Before Time thing how it is now. There's like 7 movies of that shit. I mean the first one was tolerable but 7? Who the hell needs that.

I remeber Nick Arcade and thinking, "Jesus these kids suck" and the end where they would be put "inside" the game was kinda hokey, but it's still better than any of this shit on now.

And anyone for some Double Dare. Bring back Mark Summers!

*goes back to cranky old person corner*

LamerPanda
Jun 9, 2003, 01:34 PM
*picks out quotes*

Zim was, in my opinion, the ONLY thing going for their sorry asses in YEARS... Apparently, Jhonen Vasquez HATED working for them though, so perhaps it's for the better that Nick canned the show.

Can you blame him? O_o; Still sucks, I wish there was as much Zim merchandise as there is Rugrats. *shudder*

The one that looked like a pink-deformed-rabbit thing rocked. Ickis? No idea how to spell it. o_o; It was still made by Klasky Csupo, though. x_x

Reminds me of The Land Before Time thing how it is now. There's like 7 movies of that shit.

Land Before Time has at least 8 movies... does anyone actually buy it at this point?

I saw Double Dare Live once, or something like that. It had Mark Summers, and they didn't pick me to go up. All I got was a stupid hat that's faded by now.

RavenTW
Jun 9, 2003, 01:39 PM
Poor Panda.

And yeah, I remember Ah! Real Monsters.

"Fear the TV, for it will turn you into this! The Potato!"

Or something like that. I only saw one episode, but I still remember the show.

And I liked the athletic shows, Guts and that one temple one. I remember when the temple first aired, spent about two+ hours after the time they said it was gonna be on in order to watch that show.

Ness
Jun 9, 2003, 04:04 PM
On 2003-06-09 05:22, Kid_Icarus wrote:
Nick almost went into the forbidden zone with Ren and Stimpy. It was one of the best cartoons ever.

*downloads Happy Happy Joy Joy*

Doug was tolerable before they whored it out to Disney,
And Rocko's Modern Life was awesome too. But I agree the whole Rugrats thing needs to die. Reminds me of The Land Before Time thing how it is now. There's like 7 movies of that shit. I mean the first one was tolerable but 7? Who the hell needs that.

I remeber Nick Arcade and thinking, "Jesus these kids suck" and the end where they would be put "inside" the game was kinda hokey, but it's still better than any of this shit on now.

*goes back to cranky old person corner*

Eventually, they'll get to the Land Before Time movie when the big meteor hits. That will be the best movie of them all.

LamerPanda
Jun 9, 2003, 04:10 PM
Well, they had one where a meteor hit...

http://www.landbeforetime.com/images/stone_of_cold_fire_cover.gif

Too bad it was too small to do anything. T_T

RavenTW
Jun 9, 2003, 04:36 PM
Oh well, we can always fast-forward a couple million years and watch the REAL fireworks.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 9, 2003, 05:45 PM
On 2003-06-09 14:10, LamerPanda wrote:
Well, they had one where a meteor hit...

http://www.landbeforetime.com/images/stone_of_cold_fire_cover.gif

Too bad it was too small to do anything. T_T

*backs slowly away from Panda*

You scare me now...

LamerPanda
Jun 9, 2003, 05:52 PM
Because of my 1337 Google skillz? o_O

I think I only have the first one... though I probably gave it away, actually.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 9, 2003, 06:06 PM
On 2003-06-09 15:52, LamerPanda wrote:
Because of my 1337 Google skillz? o_O

I think I only have the first one... though I probably gave it away, actually.

I think it scares me more that you actually looked for it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LamerPanda
Jun 9, 2003, 06:11 PM
Eh, I was right, you were wrong. n_n *throws stuff*

Nawms
Jun 11, 2003, 01:59 AM
Im gonna fill spongebob squarefags pants with steaming geletin so he gets 3rd degree burns.
then it will cool, and harden and he will have to get his barney friend to lick it out of him.