PDA

View Full Version : The "insult" known as "ur gay"

Uncle_bob
Jun 9, 2003, 06:50 PM
Before I get started, this post isn't supporting homosexuality, nor is it flaming it (even though it is a sick act in my opinion, but I'm not going into it..).

This post is kind of a spin-off of my post about why I don't want humars on my team. When a Humar joins, this is usually what happens:

"Insert-name-here is joining the team, please wait"

Humar: *some stupid symbol chat* SUP!
Me and everyone else on the team: Hi.
Humar: *before he even gets out of the guild room* TP PLZ!!!111
Me: ... Green TP
Humar: *pipes down*
Me: Omg... can you read? I said NO HUMAR
Humar: y u no liek humar?!11 omg stfu!!! UR GAY!!1111
Me: Ugh...

Anyway, argueing continues and the humar usually gets owned by a Baranz or Vol Opt...but what annoys me is that stupid "ur gay" insult. For the love of GOD, can people come up with any good insults anymore?! The last good insult I have heard in years was when someone said "Yo momma was so short, she needed a ladder to pick up a dime off the ground".

Seriously people, this is pathetic. What's going on here? What happened to all the good insults? Where did all the "Yo momma" jokes go? Ugh, I can't even remember the last time someone called me a crazy white cracker.

-Uncle Bob

LollipopLolita
Jun 9, 2003, 08:03 PM
saying "you are gay" or "this is gay" as a replacement for stupid shows how immature, stupid and ignorant you are.

Shadow2290
Jun 9, 2003, 08:41 PM
Ad Hominem- the use of words that attack the person him/herself without anything involving the topic used in the statement to create more trust and believability to the opposing party and giving an upperhand to them.
This is a perfect example and stating this definiton at school utterly stumps them and leaves no room for a comeback.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 9, 2003, 09:28 PM
It's more like if you can't come p with something better than UR GAY!!111!11, get a life and some intelligence. Using a term like that in that form, is just stupid and shows how not intelligent you are.

RavenTW
Jun 9, 2003, 10:54 PM
They've probably already heard that last one.

You could always ask them to leave the game without any provokation. They might get annoyed, of course, but who doesn't?

Morfos
Jun 9, 2003, 11:04 PM
People seem not to know what the hell gay means.

ABDUR101
Jun 9, 2003, 11:53 PM
On 2003-06-09 21:04, Morfos wrote:

While I was in school, it seemed "You're gay" was the answer to everything.

...atleast I get to laugh at all of them serving me fries and a hamburger as I take it back to my job. XP

Droxitr
Jun 10, 2003, 01:01 AM
On 2003-06-09 21:53, ABDUR101 wrote:

While I was in school, it seemed "You're gay" was the answer to everything.

...atleast I get to laugh at all of them serving me fries and a hamburger as I take it back to my job. XP

I understand the popular one is "I'm gonna sue you! or My mom/dad/legal guardian is gonna sue you!" amongst the grade school kiddies today.

Sad, really. Accurately reflects our (America's) culture through children who don't know any better...

When I was in grade school (not really THAT long ago) the thing was still "I'm gonna beat the crap out of you."

Bah.

RavenTW
Jun 10, 2003, 11:26 AM
On 2003-06-09 21:04, Morfos wrote:

Old explaination: Very happy
New explaination: male homosexual
School explaination: poorly phrased derogatory statement.

brillyfresh
Jun 10, 2003, 03:08 PM
On 2003-06-10 09:26, RavenTW wrote:
Old explaination: Very happy

HUmar: "ur gay"

Me: "yes, i am feeling quite happy, in fact ..."
Me: "I'm SUPER! Thanks for asking!!!"
Me: "(Don't you think I look good in this hat?)"

Sai-Yuk
Jun 10, 2003, 03:47 PM
sometimes people make me want to slip a rusty spoon into my eye sockets and remove my eyeballs, and then use a stapler to staple my eyelids down.

every time i see things like "OGM DOED RU LIEK TEH GEYSETS PRESON EYE KNWO" it makes me wish i wasn't born. unfortunately, i see quite a lot more of it than i wish i did.

Ness
Jun 10, 2003, 04:45 PM
On 2003-06-09 19:28, Kid_Icarus wrote:
It's more like if you can't come p with something better than UR GAY!!111!11, get a life and some intelligence. Using a term like that in that form, is just stupid and shows how not intelligent you are.

I agree. There are millions of better things yopu can all someone than gay. It's just like all those losers that call people "fags".

Reenee
Jun 10, 2003, 07:06 PM
On 2003-06-09 18:03, LollipopLolita wrote:
saying "you are gay" or "this is gay" as a replacement for stupid shows how immature, stupid and ignorant you are.

Shortcut that phrase!
> Everybody

@brillyfresh: You nailed it, man. Hilarious.

brillyfresh
Jun 10, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-06-10 17:06, Shapiro wrote:

On 2003-06-09 18:03, LollipopLolita wrote:

Shortcut that phrase!
> Everybody

@brillyfresh: You nailed it, man. Hilarious.

shortcut my post instead, and press Ctrl+T or Ctrl+W while saying it, those animations look especially, um, feminine, on a male character

i'd love to see a Big Gay Al character online ...

Sham
Jun 10, 2003, 10:34 PM
^ You're all gay.

Trickstr
Jun 10, 2003, 10:42 PM
Sorry Abdur

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trickstr on 2003-06-11 16:11 ]</font>

Nawms
Jun 11, 2003, 01:55 AM
On 2003-06-10 20:34, Sham wrote:
^ You're all gay.

Ya, your all gay, nothing else. I agreeeee@@!!!

rena-ko
Jun 11, 2003, 10:56 AM
being homophobe just shows how narrowminded and stupid people are... its sad. really.

Solstis
Jun 11, 2003, 02:42 PM
Some people here are HUmarphobic. I mean, can't we just all get along? You can't blame someone for being a HUmar.

Rudoku
Jun 11, 2003, 08:59 PM
On 2003-06-11 08:56, rena-ko wrote:
being homophobe just shows how narrowminded and stupid people are... its sad. really.

The same can be said of calling someone a n00b...

ABDUR101
Jun 11, 2003, 09:16 PM
On 2003-06-11 18:59, Rudoku wrote:

err..I don't think you can truely compare people being homophobic to people who use the term "n00b", one's based on a real life issue dealing with certain freedoms, and the other is merely a widely used term for those new to a game/those who aren't well informed of gameplay mechanics.

o_O

Ryo_Hayasa
Jun 11, 2003, 10:08 PM
On 2003-06-11 19:16, ABDUR101 wrote:

err..I don't think you can truely compare people being homophobic to people who use the term "n00b", one's based on a real life issue dealing with certain freedoms, and the other is merely a widely used term for those new to a game/those who aren't well informed of gameplay mechanics.

o_O

well...said...
just the other day, a online friend of mines just came out and said
"all gays are bringing the human race down, they're not reproducing thus bring down the pace of evelution"

wow i said.
he just sorta sicken me....that sounds like genecide to me. and thats not cool.

Droxitr
Jun 11, 2003, 10:19 PM
If they are going to take that stand point, wouldn't the unwillingness (is that a word?) to reproduce be a "defect" that is being bred out because they are not reproducing? So, hence, aren't gay people neither good nor bad?

Not my opinion, but I just hate people who talk out of their asses like that, pretending to be smart by hiding behind something vaguely scientific that conceals their own idiocy.

rena-ko
Jun 12, 2003, 03:53 AM
good point...

there are too much people on this world anyway, so a few homosexual people should not hinder human evolution and reproducing.

live and let live, i'd say.

and. to reduce someone to such trivial points like their sexuality is very childish. its a person, a thinking human being not something you could label with some stereotype.

Rudoku
Jun 12, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-06-11 19:16, ABDUR101 wrote:

o_O

Blah, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that they are both something stupid people say/type when they can't think of anything else. Then again...those words do kinda incite the amount of hate you want the receiver to feel(sometimes). Let's make up a new insult then!:P

Kokuryuu
Jun 12, 2003, 11:18 PM
I agree with almost everyone here. What did happen to the good insult? What happened to even the worst insults that made no damn sense?! I think its the dumbing down of the society. Who first started using the "u r gay" insult anyways (and has this person been strung up and smashed across the face with a heavy piece of mining equipment)? Oh well, the world of insults is dying. I guess we just should try to keep it alive.

TheDarkRaven
Jun 13, 2003, 08:55 PM
my best insult is "azzmunky" yes, i know its lame but im not one to use insults often.

Vanango
Jun 14, 2003, 01:00 AM
On 2003-06-12 21:18, Kokuryuu wrote:
I agree with almost everyone here. What did happen to the good insult? What happened to even the worst insults that made no damn sense?! I think its the dumbing down of the society. Who first started using the "u r gay" insult anyways (and has this person been strung up and smashed across the face with a heavy piece of mining equipment)? Oh well, the world of insults is dying. I guess we just should try to keep it alive.

"what is a good insult"

well first off I'll tell you what a bad insult is:
any name calling is generally not going to be very effective. "moron" or "retard" are offensive to people that do that mental disabilities "gay" is unfair to homosexuals, racial slurs, none of these things really mean anything anyways they are meaningless.

What else is a bad insult? "you suck" "you are dumb" "you're lame" okay, maybe that's a start, but it's not going to shut someone up.

"STFU" never works and it doesn't make you cool when you say it.

A good insult is about timing and wit.

The best example I can give is a personal one and a favorite.

As my male friend and I were walking down a comparatively bad street 3 really shady "ghetto" guys "representin'" or whatever the hell they do started "halla-rin'" and one made a quick remark to my friend as we were approaching them "Hey, how does it feel to be in that Asian -----" (use your imagination, kids.) in which (here comes the witty line) while we passed without hesitation I responded with "guess you'll never know, since the closest thing you'll get to it is a Siamese Cat"

Score one for me. Was that an orginal line? Probably not, I probably read it a long time ago and forgot about it but the timing was too beautiful, and my exicution was flawless.

Trust me, a lot more effective than yelling "YOU'RE A SMELLY LOSER!!"

it's hard coming up with stuff with the right timing, even if you think of a response 2 hours later keep it in mind and you can try to use it later. It's a beautiful art that needs to be learned, I'm definately not very good at it because I tend to be more passive, but it's a great skill. If that doesn't work just having a nice list of adjectives is a start.

RuneLateralus
Jun 14, 2003, 01:08 AM
*snicker*

Siamese Cat...

Well, Vanango has the right idea. Name calling just makes you look like an idiot...even if you win. Best to come up with something clever.

MasterJoel
Jun 15, 2003, 03:18 AM
My neighbor (used to be friend) would call me gay... And racist in the same sentence. I amn't either (I made up a word! Whee!). I think when it all came down to it, he was way more umm... umm... hateful than me. I make it a point to hate everyone equally! My sister went to a seminar about homosexuals and healthcare (its her job to help minorities become pharmacists), and learned that a lot of them prefer to be called queers. And that was once demeaning! Hopefully, the term gay will go down the same path, to mean something good again.

pixelate
Jun 15, 2003, 03:28 AM
http://www.m-w.com/book/thesaur/images/thes.gif (http://www.m-w.com/book/thesaur/thes.htm)

Come on, people, it's only $17.95. And it will be good for the rest of your life--your children's too.

Vantamiath
Jun 15, 2003, 04:14 AM
On 2003-06-15 01:28, pixelate wrote:
http://www.m-w.com/book/thesaur/images/thes.gif (http://www.m-w.com/book/thesaur/thes.htm)

Come on, people, it's only $17.95. And it will be good for the rest of your life--your children's too.

O_o

o_O

Thee...thee-saurus....

What kind of dinosaur was that again?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHPSOC on 2003-06-15 02:15 ]</font>

Droxitr
Jun 15, 2003, 04:19 PM
Tu estas un loco negro gato con queso en la cabesa...

Try making stupid insults in other languages, it's really fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

To quote two seventh graders in my Spanish class:
"Tu estas en fuego!" "No soy personas en fuego!"

Yes, that last was random... so?