PDA

View Full Version : legits

Shadow2290
Jun 10, 2003, 04:43 PM
Ugh, I hope half way through my post my anger doesn't build to the point where I can't type correctly, anyway.

Now I know some people like to find rares themselves rather than trades, but they still trade seldomly. What happend about 10 minutes ago POed me off enough to make me create this point.

Anyway as I was about to enter a portal to the dragon someone said the wished they were using something like my GAE BOLG rather than their spread(not spread needle, just spread). So I noticed that once we got into P2 I had a Heaven Punisher I couldn't use to trade with him for a drill launcher. Both being duped but we couldn't use the weapons we had and if we traded we would both have weapons we could. After asking him he denied, but I gave him an explanation of how this trade benifit us both. After he denied again we went to the caves and someone said if they had any god/powers they weren't using and I said I don't have a god/power but I have a Al Rappy. He asked me what it was and I stated its the equivalent of 5 god/powers (250 atp for those who don't know). He got really excited and asked me to come up to P2 to trade for one, he asked me if it was hacked and I said yes (I wasn't using any at the time, but I had 4 and I was gonna give him an easy trade of something cheap). He seemed to explode after I said that and promptly replied " I don't want any of your @%$&ing hacks, leave you stupid hacker and learn to play the game correctly. Your supposed to get all your rares by yourslef". I told him that I was not a hacker and I only have about 5 hacks in my entire collection of rares and it's okay to get your rares through trades. He still continued to call me hacker and cheater and almost shattering my ear drum. I kept saying that I don't have shitloads of uber rares that are impossible to get. He responded that he didn't care if it was one or 100 hacks your still not playing correcting and stated me the EULA of XBL. I said I'm not doing anything like going into the game itself messing with the code and creating super items, I told him once again I don't dupe and I don't hack. He still kept calling me a hacker and said I was sugarcoating everything. I ripped off my now broken headset and played the rest of the caves.

Droid
Jun 10, 2003, 06:30 PM
Hates Hakers yet....
Was gung ho about a 5 x god/power item,,?
Gee I wonder what he thought he had to trade for it?
Probly his Legit Demolition Comit.

CGoodness
Jun 10, 2003, 08:22 PM
not all legits are like that...

well at least im not...

RavenTW
Jun 10, 2003, 08:52 PM
Wise proverb: Denial means approval. Next time, tell him you'll play the way you like, and you don't give a care how your supposed to get your rares. Not everyone wants to look long and hard for things.

Still, the fact that he would even fathom the idea that you had five legit God/Powers still baffles me.

Mystil
Jun 10, 2003, 09:01 PM
See? Both Dupers and Legits can suck bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kid_Icarus
Jun 10, 2003, 09:09 PM
So wait, if dupers suck, and legits suck...who doesn't suck?

o_o;;

WAIT I GET IT

The people who don't play PSO don't suck!
Or something!

YAHTZEE! *runs out of thread*

Sham
Jun 10, 2003, 10:40 PM
So, you use/carry an obviously hacked item, but get all surprised when some moron bites your ass over it? I suppose the intelligence was mutual.

Shadow2290
Jun 11, 2003, 03:03 PM
I knew I deserved the chew-out but I didn't need the crap about how the game was playedcand how perfect he was.

Vanessa
Jun 12, 2003, 03:55 AM
Actually, I really don't understand how you can draw a line between yourself and a hacker/duper. What's the difference between knowingly distributing hacked/duped items and actually hacking/duping them yourself? There isn't any difference. You're still taking away from the game exerience for other players.

Phantasy Star basically requires players to trade in order to have access to a good cross-section of the games rewards in the form of items. Anyone who hacks, dupes, or distributes hacked items takes all value and meaning out of the trading environment.

How is someone who has spent hours legitimately obtaining a god power supposed to be able to trade it for something he wants with people like you distributing al rappies?

You're no better than a hacker. Sounds like you're mad because you got what you deserved.

Trickstr
Jun 12, 2003, 04:48 AM
On 2003-06-10 19:09, Kid_Icarus wrote:
So wait, if dupers suck, and legits suck...who doesn't suck?

me *everyone looks at trickstr and starts laughing*