PDA

View Full Version : Gypsy needs HELP

Marionette
Jun 11, 2003, 12:51 AM
Im a girl gamer, i dont tell many people that I am a girl. I love PSO but was worried to death when it was coming out for X box live. I didnt want people to really know that i was a girl just to save myself from unwanted imature questions and such. A sice you can speak online I was a bit worried, i planned on not talking at all, but when I found out it has voice masks I was very happy. So I use a voice mask. My freind online knows im a girl and that I use a voice mask. But he wants me to take it off. He has gone as far to play in locked games, and the only way I can play is to take it off. Needless to say that hurts me, I use a mask for my own reasons. But he is as bullheaded as me. What Should I do!

BlueJammer
Jun 11, 2003, 01:50 AM
Make him ask the people that he plays with if they mind playing with a girl. Or, if he doesnt know why, tell him your reason for masking your voice. Or just play with people who dont like girl gamers and show them what a girl can do! ^-^

Nawms
Jun 11, 2003, 01:54 AM
Blow him and keep using ur voice mask. Hes not a girl so he doenst understand (and neither do i but im supporting you)

Its none of his biz.

rena-ko
Jun 11, 2003, 11:08 AM
he seems to doesn't understand your feelings about that... yet... tell him, explain why you want to keep it up.

(
hm... can you switch masks within the game? or do you have to set that during ... chara creation... or ... in the dress room where you have to pay 10k meseta for it? i play on cube, i dont know much about that...

if you can switch it off and on during the game... there's no problem with switching it off when you 2 are alone in a locked game.

if not... he has to understand.
)

hm.. anyway... you have 2 choices:

1. let the mask on.
-your friend has to cope with it, maybe he does not want to play with you anymore... (if then you should think about what he wanted anyway... playing the game or ... ?)
-you can play on like you want, noone will hit on you because of your voice.

2. switch the mask off.
-you will play like you are, your friend is happy.
-you'll have to dodge people wo want to play/talk/... with you just because you're a girl.

if you draw lines and tell new coplayers these lines if they start to hit on you, you might come out well. but you'll have to be strong.

eitherway, good luck on your decision

Marionette
Jun 11, 2003, 06:44 PM
On 2003-06-11 09:08, rena-ko wrote:
he seems to doesn't understand your feelings about that... yet... tell him, explain why you want to keep it up.

(
hm... can you switch masks within the game? or do you have to set that during ... chara creation... or ... in the dress room where you have to pay 10k meseta for it? i play on cube, i dont know much about that...

if you can switch it off and on during the game... there's no problem with switching it off when you 2 are alone in a locked game.

if not... he has to understand.
)

hm.. anyway... you have 2 choices:

1. let the mask on.
-your friend has to cope with it, maybe he does not want to play with you anymore... (if then you should think about what he wanted anyway... playing the game or ... ?)
-you can play on like you want, noone will hit on you because of your voice.

2. switch the mask off.
-you will play like you are, your friend is happy.
-you'll have to dodge people wo want to play/talk/... with you just because you're a girl.

if you draw lines and tell new coplayers these lines if they start to hit on you, you might come out well. but you'll have to be strong.

eitherway, good luck on your decision

Oh there are 5 to 6 different voice masks each character can use. Eeach is fully custumisable. They can be turned on and off as mush as you like. But the drawback to live chat, is that you get to hear the voices of those annoying people who constantly who write totally stupid crap.

rena-ko
Jun 12, 2003, 01:33 AM
well, then its kinda easy - have it switched on when you chat in lobbies, open games and around people you dont know yet. and around him, its up to you ^_^

anyway, on your place i wouldn't switch it off completely.

good luck again

RavenTW
Jun 12, 2003, 09:12 AM
Well, if it's just to satisfy your friend and can not mask it and just ignore the immature questions.

Or you could follow rena's idea.

Or you could go get a Gamecube.

May
Jun 12, 2003, 09:24 AM
Do what I do, dont talk at all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I much rather use my KB to keep my sexual identity a secret http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Even though some people have figured out that I'm a girl (maybe that pink racaseal gave me away http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) they still treated me with respect! But I must concur, those kids in the lobby are rather annoying.

KegOWar
Jun 16, 2003, 04:40 PM
I'd say do whatever makes ya happy.

BrokenHope
Jun 17, 2003, 06:19 PM
If he knows your a girl why keep the voice mask? I understand that he should treat you better though, basically saying you can't play with him unless you take off the voice mask is mean and probably means he maybe wants more than friendship from you.