PDA

View Full Version : Rap Haters...

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 12, 2003, 02:15 PM
I have no problem with people that don't listen to rap, but I DO have a problem with a few punk bitches that don't know shit about the artform that attempt to analyze it, when in actuality they're more confused about it than a hermaphrodite in a orgy. They heard rap yesterday on MTV and think they know every fucking thing and artist that ever came out of it. These are the same pussies that listen to Britney Spears, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and a bunch of other mediocre artists that are ironically HIGHLY influenced by hiphop. Gotta love their music tastes... bitches...

"OMG RAP SUCKS!!! YAY CHRISTINA AGUILLERA!!! J-POP!!!!"

"OMG RAP ALL SAMPLES!@!!"

"OMG RAP BUUU!! LOLZ LINKIN PARK YEAAA!!!"

Notice that the people who listen to rap didn't say OMG ROCK SUCKS!!! OMG OMG111... simply because we seem to be much more mature and intelligent about music.

A favortie sentance of mine is: "If you don't know shit about it, don't talk about it."

Let me just break this down to you dumbfucks:

-If you think that all rap is about bitches, murder, fancy cars, diamonds, and money, you're a fucking moron, hands down. Crack is bad for you. Tell me if Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Blackalicious, or The Roots talk about that shit, and not black empowerment, society, teen pregnancy, or other shit. Hell, even the commercial artist have decent songs about other topics.

-If you think 50 Cent is a new artist and he's only popular because of Eminem, you're a moron, and you need to play in traffic. 50s been around since '99, and has had underground fame... he debut single was "How To Rob". Eminem took him because he needed an artist that had a crazy history, a lot of drama, and would cause the most uproar in hiphop, and the one to bring out his label.

-If you think Eminem is the best rapper alive, you love MTV and you're white. Although he has skill, he sells mainly on his colour, no matter HOW you look at it. White kids buy more rap than black kids.

-If you think rap is a bad influence on people, you need to take a look at your own music. I could run around saying Rock promotes coke and heroin use, being depressed and commiting suicide, and that it's for dumbfuckers that don't know shit about music and are too slow to absorb anything else, but I won't. Know why? Because I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT ROCK TO FUCKING JUDGE! I HAVEN'T HEARD EVERY ROCK SONG EVER MADE!!!

Don't hate rap because it's such a sucessful music genre, it gets talked about all the time on the news; the papers, it influences a shitload of commercials and talkshows, it allowed struggling black males and females to individually have more money than seven surgeons, it's artist have been able to make the covers of ROCK magazines (50 Cent on Rolling Stone), it makes a shitload of rock artist add rap elements to their shit and make a horrible job out of it (Korn beatboxing, anyone?), and it's taking over everthing in the media (8 Mile, anyone?). Hate it because your fucking mind is too small to absorb the vast variety of the art. Go listen to Ricky Martin or something, pussy. You don't deserve to listen to hiphop.

Balthor
Jun 12, 2003, 02:22 PM
Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

It takes more skill to rap then to scream like a tourette prone psycho in a microphone about killing your self, and skateboarding all day.

Most dumbasses these days hate rap just cause they can. Idiots.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 12, 2003, 02:43 PM
I am white.
I like Rap.
Eminem is not my favorite rapper.

I guess I'm the exception or an idiot. Probably #2 in your eyes.

You should see the looks I get when I buy Albums like Busta Rhymes and Ol' Dirty Bastard. But I guess they're just suprised I can like Rap music.

Edit- I don't mean Vyon-Eht-Nioj I just meant in general. Whops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kid_Icarus on 2003-06-12 12:48 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jun 12, 2003, 03:00 PM
On 2003-06-12 12:15, Vyon-Eht-Nioj wrote:
they're more confused about it than a hermaphrodite in a orgy.

I resent that. >=|

If anything, that would be a great situation.

Back on topic: I agree with you, disliking something to the extent of bad mouthing it just for what it is, rather immature.

Yeah, you don't have to like everything, you can dislike anything you want, but don't be an ass and bad mouth it just because it is what it is.

...the exception is country music.*

Thats how it goes though, right? There's always going to be someone talking louder than they should.

* Just kidding. o_O

polishedweasel
Jun 12, 2003, 03:09 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Most rap today is by anyone's who's listened to it at least five years ago is pretty crappy. Here's a perfect example. I'm going to quote a recent rap song:

Them ------ wanna ride by do a lil' drive by
But they just dont know how
But we about to show 'em when the pistol backfire
and them ------ gone die
Them ----- wanna ride by do a lil' drive by
But they just dont know how
But we about to show 'em when the pistol backfire
and them ------ gone die
And we gone ride on 'em (ride on 'em)
And we gone ride on 'em (ride on 'em)
Uhhhhhhhhhh!!

And here's another

I'm willing to geese 'em if they feeling a threesome
I'm pulling up in the GT before the dealers release them
I ain't with the blazay blah
Cause I hold the record for the most Menage ?rois and lama taje (?)
I got a bad chick on my left lap
Bad chick on my right lap
Do as I suggest, I confess
At my request they gon' get right
So when you see lipstick on both cheeks
That mean I slip ---- in both freaks
They started calling me Two Time Johnny
After repeatedly leaving the club wit two damn mami's
This brother done had 'em
From close friends, the girls all know each other from Adam
I'm always this humble boo, HELL YES!
It's cool for your girlfriend to come through too

seems to me like from these examples all I see is bitches and murder. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I didn't say that Rap was crap. I still listen to some rap. But I cannot listen to a guy that thinks he's Fabulous and can't even spell it. F-A-B-O-L-O-U-S! What a -------. anyway there are some worse things out there.

And the biggest poser of the year award goes to....*drumroll*

Avril Lavignebig surprise, right?

Doesn't keep me from wanting to bang her though. Go me!!!!

*edit by Abdur*
It's not ok to post lyrics that contain words that go against the forum rules. Watch what you post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-06-12 20:24 ]</font>

CajunSamurai
Jun 12, 2003, 06:42 PM
I swear, I've listened to DJ Shadow's Essential Mix from earlier in the year about 10 times in the past few days... easily one of the best hiphop mixes I've ever heard.
Funny though, as he uses almost exclusively oldskool stuff, which I totally dig. Bigbeats, cuttin' and scratchin', beatboxing and lyrics about "Beggin' Billy"... not talking no crime crap. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
There's a fair share of TOTAL crap in every musical genre. This is why I make an effort to dig deep and go after the most obscure stuff.

Reenee
Jun 12, 2003, 08:22 PM
I don't like rap. The kind I keep hearing is nothing but sex, drugs, senseless profanity, and violence. And this is heard in friggin' public with those damn mofos busting it loudly on their über car stereos. I feel like yelling or shooting out the speakers when I hear that nonsense. Can't those morons realize there's kids around?

RavenTW
Jun 12, 2003, 08:41 PM
You know what? I don't friggin' care what you say. I'm gonna listen to whatever I want to listen to, and unless you stalk and kill me, you are not going to stop me.

*goes to play Sean Paul, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, a litte Busta Rhymes, Green Day, Creed, and Alfred Yankovich*

*wishes Shaggy was still on LAUNCHcast*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2003-06-12 18:42 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Jun 12, 2003, 09:30 PM
The reason people hate rap is because its a form of expersion predominant by African Americans. They just don't understand it, and why the lyrics are often violent.

It comes down to the racial oppression we constanly had to battle in the last century. Blacks were told "------ you can't do this," and "------ you can't say that," and "we are not going to play ------ music on this radio station."

So, now we have our own music that we can use to fully express ourselves, and we are fully taking advantage of it. Throughout history, African Americans have always used music to express themselves culturally. It is what held us together, and kept us strong. My ancestors fought hard so I could have the opportunity to express myself how ever I choose. Therefore, I'm going to enjoy every ounce of my "------" music.

I listen to rap because its part of my culture. When I hear people saying rap is crap, and other stuff I get offended. I feel like my culture is being disrespected.

*edit by Abdur*
The use of the N word was rather un-needed. We get your point, and if we let someone use the terms without a negative connotation, people will think they can use it WITH a negative connotation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-06-12 20:13 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jun 12, 2003, 10:04 PM
On 2003-06-12 19:30, Scan_Man wrote:
I listen to rap because its part of my culture. When I hear people saying rap is crap, and other stuff I get offended. I feel like my culture is being disrespected.

Unfortunately, people having their culture disrespected in today's world is rather normal. My religion is bad mouthed all the time on TV, in the media and by my own family, so what? If I actually took the time to confront every idiot who disrespected something I thought of as precious to myself, I'd never get anything worth while done.

Sure, every so often, stand and make a point, but usually, just shrug it off.

Scan_Man
Jun 12, 2003, 10:24 PM
On 2003-06-12 20:04, ABDUR101 wrote:
Unfortunately, people having their culture disrespected in today's world is rather normal. My religion is bad mouthed all the time on TV, in the media and by my own family, so what? If I actually took the time to confront every idiot who disrespected something I thought of as precious to myself, I'd never get anything worth while done.

Sure, every so often, stand and make a point, but usually, just shrug it off.

I completely agree.

I think everybody, my self included, needs to chill out now.

Captain_Dude
Jun 12, 2003, 10:27 PM
I don't listen to rap much any more... I used to enjoy it until I realized all the local 'ghetto' kids all had more money than my family, and listened to nothing but mainstream rap.

There is indeed alot of good rap out there but it is so overshadowed by the mainstream garbage, that sooner or later the good rap might be replaced with bad rap... And that would indeed suck.

Heh, the only genres of music that I can actually say I hate would most likely be techno(or rave, or trance, or house, or whateverthefuck genre... All sounds the same to me), most Ska, and 90% of punk, and anything mainstream. Other than that, I find most music tollerable.

BUT! If I have to hear ONE MORE FUCKING KID TELL ME "Sing that Boner song... You a good rapper." I'm gonna scream! First of all, it's not rap, it's by bleeding Death Piggy(now GWAR), Death Piggy were a lousy rock group! And that bleeding song's GOTTA get boring after a while! I mean christ, lemme do for you "Eki Attar", will you ask me to sing that over and over? NO! Cause it's not vulgar enough for the youth of America!
Damn punk kids with their love of Vulgar music, and their drugs (I still strongly suppport legalized Marijuana of course), and their mainstream tastes.

And if I EVER hear ANYBODY playing Blink 182 and enjoying it, I'm going to beat them with a shovel...

Of dear me. I've gone off topic. *Wipes his brow* Uhm... Well you know what I mean... *Flies away listening to his Death Metal remakes of J-Pop songs, and his Techno(If you can call the music I make techno) covers of the themes from Thee A-Team, and the Bob Newhart show*

Scan_Man
Jun 12, 2003, 10:59 PM
I think everyone agrees that mainstream rap is horrible. Its all marketing to appeal to a large audience. Outside the radio, no one bumps that stuff.

Give me my T-Rock, Paul Wall and Chamillionare, Yo Gotti, and MC Mack over anything the mainstream puts out.

And being Ghetto has nothing to with where you live or how you dress or how much money you have. It is more of an attitude and a way of thinking or a way of doing stuff. I call it "the black folk thang." Of course it comes from growing up in the ghetto, or from growing up around family members that grew up in the ghetto.

"You can take the brother out the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out the brother."

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 12, 2003, 11:13 PM
On 2003-06-12 18:22, Shapiro wrote:
I don't like rap. The kind I keep hearing is nothing but sex, drugs, senseless profanity, and violence.

Gotta love the typical white guy response *claps*... lol. Did you even read my post? Know what the words vast and various mean? No one said you had to like rap, but you obviously don't know fuck all about it, so please don't judge what you don't know about. Stay blind, kiddo. By the way, what music do you listen to? Rock, I'm betting...

And this is heard in friggin' public with those damn mofos busting it loudly on their ?ar stereos. I feel like yelling or shooting out the speakers when I hear that nonsense. Can't those morons realize there's kids around?

Since when can't parents tell their kids the difference between right and wrong? Wow, parents must suck in your area. Go suburbs!

Reenee
Jun 12, 2003, 11:53 PM
I don't know what I listen to.

Gee, bet none of you wouldn't expect that one.

I'm not a big fan of any artist. As long as it sounds good, I will like it. I like how it sounds, not the damn lyrics...sometimes I'll go for lyrics. I will guarantee you, however, I do not listen to that absolutely awful country, or classical (well, maybe once every 6 months...).

I can, however, guarantee I like New Age/Atmospherical music. I just love how some of it can sound.

polishedweasel
Jun 13, 2003, 12:29 AM
On 2003-06-12 19:30, Scan_Man wrote:

You can't be serious? People each have their own opinions. If you let people make you mad just because they dislike a genre of music that's predominantly performed by black males. It has nothing to do with culture. Rap is American, originated here. If you get offended when somebody says that rap is garbage, does that mean that you get offended when somebody says Motown, Funk, Jazz, etc.etc. is garbage?

It just happens that most rap music that you hear on the radio is about the same things. But most of the music on the radio is crap anyway. Not just the rap. And no, I'm not a white boy suburbanite. I'm from Cleveland Ohio. Puerto Rican male from the inner city. So my point is valid. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Sorry bout the other post Abdur, and Ludacris is a good rapper. I can listen to him all day. Forgot to mention that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: polishedweasel on 2003-06-12 22:33 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Jun 13, 2003, 12:45 AM
On 2003-06-12 22:29, polishedweasel wrote:
You can't be serious? People each have their own opinions. If you let people make you mad just because they dislike a genre of music that's predominantly performed by black males. It has nothing to do with culture. Rap is American, originated here. If you get offended when somebody says that rap is garbage, does that mean that you get offended when somebody says Motown, Funk, Jazz, etc.etc. is garbage?

Yes, I'm serious. Got a problem? I have the right to feel that way about it.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 13, 2003, 12:59 AM
People will like whatever music they will.

To say "I hate X Music" is your opinion. Just keep it to yourself.

I like a lot of Rap, That's not a lie. 99% of the time my playlist is Rap. I dislike some kinds of music, but I don't put that kind of music down.

I respect other people's opinion's and I would hope they respect mine. Let's all just get along and enjoy what music we listen to. Life's too short.

rena-ko
Jun 13, 2003, 03:07 AM
charts rap and hip hop is just as bad as dance, techno, trance, pop and rock (and everything else) you'll find in the charts... and this is causing that most people think rap and hip hop is cheap.

one the one hand its personal preference what you like to hear. i for my part can listening to pretty much everything and enjoy it if its good. but then again, i have no chance in the world to know every artist and every song/track he/she/it made ever.

busta rhimes does really good music for example. all i heard from 50 cent so far was literally crap. that doesnt mean that busta rhimes havent made crap music as well or that 50 cent cant make intelligent and interesting music. its just like i've set a flag bit at rhimes that i like his music and and i've set a flag bit that i dont like 50 cents music.
once they prove otherwise, i'll change my point of view.

finally like you mentioned, Vyon-Eht-Nioj: blame mtv and compareable channels for that, not the idiotic kids that still think they're immortal and know everything about anything in an instant (and jump from trend to trend).

LollipopLolita
Jun 13, 2003, 03:19 AM
who really cares. listen to whatever you want to and makes you happy. and who cares what people say. don't know what the big deal is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-06-13 01:19 ]</font>

Trickstr
Jun 13, 2003, 04:41 AM
personally I don't give a stuff about music.

Droid
Jun 13, 2003, 10:46 AM
I hate rap because....

I am a Musician and Rap requires ZERO talent to perform it.. Oh sure you can bust a rhyme but thats it bud.. You don't need to know anything else. Just copy paiste some other "talented" artists music and put in your own words. The reason white folks like M&M is because they can understand the words. Honestly I can't understand 90% of what "most" black rappers are saying. All though I don't consider Ice-T to be a rapper, or not of the type I'm sure you are reffering too.

I hate rap because it falls in line with the guy shaking my windows when he drives by with his boom box speaker configuration in his 5 doller car. I usually lay on the horn when the are next to me at the light, I get equal air time. Thus it's not so much that I don't like rap, more like I don't like people who listen to it.

Example 1 of 1 million.

Scan_Man
Jun 13, 2003, 01:11 PM
On 2003-06-13 08:46, Droid wrote:
I hate rap because....

I am a Musician and Rap requires ZERO talent to perform it.. Oh sure you can bust a rhyme but thats it bud.. You don't need to know anything else. Just copy paiste some other "talented" artists music and put in your own words. The reason white folks like M&M is because they can understand the words. Honestly I can't understand 90% of what "most" black rappers are saying. All though I don't consider Ice-T to be a rapper, or not of the type I'm sure you are reffering too.

I hate rap because it falls in line with the guy shaking my windows when he drives by with his boom box speaker configuration in his 5 doller car. I usually lay on the horn when the are next to me at the light, I get equal air time. Thus it's not so much that I don't like rap, more like I don't like people who listen to it.

Example 1 of 1 million.

You being a musician adds no weight to your argument.

Rap requires no talent? Ok, lets see you flow like Twista, Tommy Wright III, T-Rock, and Bone Thugs. Or what about the rappers that also produced their own original beats?

"The reason white folks like M&M is because they can understand the words. Honestly I can't understand 90% of what "most" black rappers are saying."

That argument is a bit racist. It's basicly comparing one white rapper to 90% of the black rappers. Where as the one white rapper equals clarity, while the 90% of black rappers equals unclearness. Not only that, but it more so shows ignorance on your part. You can't understand the words because you do not bother to listen. Therefore, how can you sit there and judge music that you don't understand?

"I hate rap because it falls in line with the guy shaking my windows when he drives by with his boom box speaker configuration in his 5 doller car."

That's a racist stereotype. Then you make your self look even worse by saying you do not like the people that listen to rap.

I'm pretty sure your response to this topic was racially motivated.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 13, 2003, 02:04 PM
I hate rap because....

So since it doesn't require any talent I guess you could just spit a verse....say, now? Off the top of your head? The only thing that doesn't take any talent is being an idiot, and sure enough plenty of people in this thread are proving my point.

Droid2
Jun 13, 2003, 02:39 PM
Me being a Musician adds everthing to it. I didn't say one racist thing, but thats the way you see it. That makes you a racists. If you can't get past the fact that there is a differance from being white and being black then you have some growing up to do, in reality. I'm not a fucking racists, I said I like Ice mother fucking tee didn't I. Most of the people I see blowing their eardrums out with rap are white. You started the racists comments not me. And yes I don't understand alot of rappers who are black, that does not make me a raciest. Music is judged by the individual who listens to it. I can only asume it is meant to bring ones self plesusre. If I don't like Rap, it's because I don't see hear anything I like in it... Oh wait I take that back I liked to hear get your freak on for about a day, then it got old. If you can keep your racists comments out of this thread it will help, you better undtand the real world.

eRUPT
Jun 13, 2003, 03:08 PM
On 2003-06-13 12:39, Droid2 wrote:
Me being a Musician adds everthing to it. I didn't say one racist thing, but thats the way you see it. That makes you a racists. If you can't get past the fact that there is a differance from being white and being black then you have some growing up to do, in reality. I'm not a fucking racists, I said I like Ice mother fucking tee didn't I. Most of the people I see blowing their eardrums out with rap are white. You started the racists comments not me. And yes I don't understand alot of rappers who are black, that does not make me a raciest. Music is judged by the individual who listens to it. I can only asume it is meant to bring ones self plesusre. If I don't like Rap, it's because I don't see hear anything I like in it... Oh wait I take that back I liked to hear get your freak on for about a day, then it got old. If you can keep your racists comments out of this thread it will help, you better undtand the real world.

How interesting. First just use the word racist, not raciest or the plural racists. Ok I listen to many varieties of music, Jazz, d&b, industrial, quite a bit. But the most music I listen to is underground hiphop. I've heard plenty of negative semi-speechs before by people who dislike the whole genre, but you're retard-speech is by far one of the most ridiculous I have heard.

Your asking to keep racist comments to ourselves when your stating the opinion that eminem is a clear rapper cause he is white? Is english your 4th language? I actually know people who's 3rd language is english and understand rap quite easily, do you have a learning disability perhaps? Stating any music requires no talent is a un-educated and perhaps jealous statement if you are in fact some kind of aspiring artist.

Lets see, A very good jazz band in Chicago decided to become a rap group. They produce many songs for R&B artists, and the fact is they usually sell their crap productions to such artists like Erika Badu and such. Now I have no idea if you are also against the genre of music called Jazz and concider it as requiring no such talent but these individuals who are known as "The Roots" definetly have a extreme degree of talent that any adjacent artist could recognize.

Ok I've already wasted plenty of my life's time on yourself, in your ignorance I doubt you will even gain anything worthwhile from my post.

Oh and also, quit the racist comments, this is your warning.

pixelate
Jun 13, 2003, 03:08 PM
Then any musician would realize that it takes talent to stay in time, know how to work with meter, know how to work with phrasing, and have rhythm.

LollipopLolita
Jun 13, 2003, 03:12 PM
I hate rap because it falls in line with the guy shaking my windows when he drives by with his boom box speaker configuration in his 5 doller car.

I know how you feel.

I hate rock because it falls in line with the dozen of angry white boy kids in their garage bands that I see when I drive around, being so angry in their beat up fords.

Hmm, does that sound better then?

This thread however is good for one thing. Showing why the US needs to improve the education system.

Scan_Man
Jun 13, 2003, 03:17 PM
On 2003-06-13 12:39, Droid2 wrote:

I pointed out that your comment was a little racists. And I showed why. Where you get this idea that when someone points out something they found racists, makes that person racists? But, like I said the comment showed ignorance more so than racism.

I don't see how keeping my racists (which there are none) comments out of this thread will help me better "undtand" the real world.

Sham
Jun 13, 2003, 03:36 PM
Oh.
My.
Fucking.
God.

Eminem is successful because the fellow white people are able to understand his lyrics!? So all white people openly recognize and agree with the homicide of their spouses, slandering other successful pop artists, attacking homosexuals, and many more degrading things I don't feel like listing? If you're going to pull shit-sad excuses out of your ass, then at least make it so it isn't racially selective and just plain wrong.

Eminem's success is due to his skin color. Case in point. And he actually openly expresses how he is aware of this. Had you any sort of knowledge on what the fuck you're talking about, you'd know this already. (Example: when he talked about it in an MTV interview with Sway.)

Honestly I can't understand 90% of what "most" black rappers are saying.

Oh that's such a huge surprise. Congratulations, you just fell into the category of the masses of white suburban kid-types who are close-minded, and favor/"understand" Eminem because of his skin color, not his lyrics. You can say you understand him all you want, it's pretty fucking obvious why you really like him. Of course you won't recognize it. But it's easy to see, it's impossible to only understand one out of thousands of rappers, and ironically they share your skin color.

As if that wasn't enough, you go on to say how rapping takes no skill. Spit a few decent bars right here and now, then. Since you're such an achieved musician, and the fact that rap is a skill-less genre, then it should be easy as shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-06-13 13:40 ]</font>

Droid
Jun 13, 2003, 05:19 PM
I never said I was white, but mabey thats obvious to you people since your so hip on color placement.

I don't like rap, I have a right to not like rap. I don't like hip hop, and bee bop or mexican polka music either. I freaking hate country western. What I do like is anything I "as a musician" deam worthy of my time to listen too. A true musician would not sell out to 3 chord turn around music. Rap is just a bunch of rip off same old same old over and over, much like many other forms of "sell out" music. I understand how the music industry works quite well, and I know "sell out" when I see it...Yes I hate seeing body piecing, baggy pants that fall off you, spiked yellow hair with black lipstick, wearing your Mayalyn Manson T-shirt, slapping your hands in the air like some monkey that has too use sign language for effect. Yes that Jazz band that sold out for Rap, left their talent back in the Jazz room. If Shakespere was to be my example of what good paraphrasing is supposet to be, then mabey some rappers have all that and a bag of chips. Cramming in more words does not make it better. Yes some folks don't hear what you mean when your thowing in extra verbage for timing and using words like "leb e aks you".... bad english said fast does not make fun listening.

hollowtip
Jun 13, 2003, 07:55 PM
On 2003-06-13 15:19, Droid wrote:
I never said I was white, but mabey thats obvious to you people since your so hip on color placement.

I don't like rap, I have a right to not like rap. I don't like hip hop, and bee bop or mexican polka music either. I freaking hate country western. What I do like is anything I "as a musician" deam worthy of my time to listen too. A true musician would not sell out to 3 chord turn around music. Rap is just a bunch of rip off same old same old over and over, much like many other forms of "sell out" music. I understand how the music industry works quite well, and I know "sell out" when I see it...Yes I hate seeing body piecing, baggy pants that fall off you, spiked yellow hair with black lipstick, wearing your Mayalyn Manson T-shirt, slapping your hands in the air like some monkey that has too use sign language for effect. Yes that Jazz band that sold out for Rap, left their talent back in the Jazz room. If Shakespere was to be my example of what good paraphrasing is supposet to be, then mabey some rappers have all that and a bag of chips. Cramming in more words does not make it better. Yes some folks don't hear what you mean when your thowing in extra verbage for timing and using words like "leb e aks you".... bad english said fast does not make fun listening.

You obviously only listen to the mainstream side of rap music (MTV/BET bullshit). 90% of rap and hip hop (please don't confuse the two, rap and hip hop are different genres don't intertwine them) played on those television stations are made for idiots that thrive on trends and their images just to be accepted by other morons who believe the same thing. Sadly, the majority of people listen to this type of music, and don't actually appreciate the content the music carries, are ignorant and naive. The physical exterior surface that is created when artists spend more money on props for their music video instead of logging in extra hours to compose better beats and refine lyrics has a cult following all throughout America that isn't going to subside in the near future. You can't necessarily blame these artists though, they know how to make money, and people eat right out of the troughs with no questions being asked.

Eminem, Tupac, 50 cent, and Biggie Smallz are all great rappers (well 50 cent is Ok in my opinion, just because you got shot a bunch of times doesn't mean you're hard, just lucky) and do get played on MTV, but maybe you should listen to some of their music that are NOT broadcasted throughout the media. The lyrics basically have no real meaning and only come with catchy beats that can be played for dancing purposes so people can go "clubbin" and have something to listen to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-06-13 17:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-06-13 17:59 ]</font>

hollowtip
Jun 13, 2003, 08:10 PM
On 2003-06-13 13:17, Scan_Man wrote:
I pointed out that your comment was a little racists. And I showed why. Where you get this idea that when someone points out something they found racists, makes that person racists? But, like I said the comment showed ignorance more so than racism.

I don't see how keeping my racists (which there are none) comments out of this thread will help me better "undtand" the real world.

His comments could be viewed as racist, but they are not so blatent that you should accuse him so harshly. America for the most part, has gotten past issues of race, with a select few extremists who do look at certain skin color to be inferior. So most likely, these so called prejudicial statements this person was making was in fact not racist.

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 13, 2003, 08:18 PM
Wow... I can't believe this crackhead Droid said that rapping takes no skill! I won't even bother killing you on this topic because you obviously have no idea about what talent is, plus you're a racist. Don't understand why? Sham pointed it out quite clearly for you. Your mind is small, and there's no helping you with that. No sense trying to teach a goldfish algebra...

Droid
Jun 13, 2003, 10:34 PM
Re-read my posts. Still wondering where I said I hated folks based on race color or religion.. Nope don't see it.

If you can't have a conversation about race related issues without asuming, too mention it makes you a racist, then you are the problem, not me.

Oh btw, my wife thinks the whole thing is a joke. Last I checked we didn't have the same skin color.

Scan_Man
Jun 13, 2003, 10:56 PM
On 2003-06-13 18:10, hollowtip wrote:
America for the most part, has gotten past issues of race

No it hasn't. That is a big misconception. Today, it is not as open as before, but there is plenty of issues of race out there. It is a different animal now. To name a few, one being racial profiling and, another being the whole affirmative action thing.

There are a ton of oppertunites out there for minorities, but I can not agree with the notion that American has gotten over race for the most part.

hollowtip
Jun 14, 2003, 12:04 AM
On 2003-06-13 20:56, Scan_Man wrote:

On 2003-06-13 18:10, hollowtip wrote:
America for the most part, has gotten past issues of race

No it hasn't. That is a big misconception. Today, it is not as open as before, but there is plenty of issues of race out there. It is a different animal now. To name a few, one being racial profiling and, another being the whole affirmative action thing.

There are a ton of oppertunites out there for minorities, but I can not agree with the notion that American has gotten over race for the most part.

Racial Profiling is not being racist. You seem to "jump the gun" on certain issues to preemptively. Racial profiling is a way to identify people more quickly and efficiently. If an asian/black/hispanic/east indian male murders someone in a predominantly white community, than the easiest way to apprehend the suspect is to dispatch officers looking for an asian/black/hispanic/east indian Male about 5'11 and 160 lbs. The race issue is just another physical attribute the man shares with his height and weight, and narrows down possible suspects. I hardly can see this as being "racist".

The whole "affirmative action thing" is to create diversity of ethnicites. Although I don't agree with affirmative action, the role it plays is only really used in our universities and school systems. To its credit, it doesn't focus on one race but multiple races.

Reenee
Jun 14, 2003, 01:10 AM
Of course rap music requires no talent.

Somebody put it best:

To make rap music, all you need is a microphone and a big mouth.

I think I read that in Time or some other magazine...

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 14, 2003, 01:32 AM
On 2003-06-13 23:10, Shapiro wrote:

Somebody put it best:

To make rap music, all you need is a microphone and a big mouth.

I think I read that in Time or some other magazine...

Ah, Time magazine. Lots of knowledge of hiphop culture in there. I just love your resources for rap!

Reenee
Jun 14, 2003, 01:56 AM
Lots? Hardly. But there IS information. Sometimes. Some is better than none. And I did say that I wasn't sure I saw it there.

Defend your non-mainstream rap, and why is has to sound how it is. It might end up like those angry rockers.

Scan_Man
Jun 15, 2003, 04:21 AM
On 2003-06-13 22:04, hollowtip wrote:
Racial Profiling is not being racist. You seem to "jump the gun" on certain issues to preemptively. Racial profiling is a way to identify people more quickly and efficiently. If an asian/black/hispanic/east indian male murders someone in a predominantly white community, than the easiest way to apprehend the suspect is to dispatch officers looking for an asian/black/hispanic/east indian Male about 5'11 and 160 lbs. The race issue is just another physical attribute the man shares with his height and weight, and narrows down possible suspects. I hardly can see this as being "racist".

The whole "affirmative action thing" is to create diversity of ethnicites. Although I don't agree with affirmative action, the role it plays is only really used in our universities and school systems. To its credit, it doesn't focus on one race but multiple races.

There is nothing wrong with marking down the ethnicity, from eye witness account, when identifying a person that commited a crime. But, that not what is meant by racial profiling.

Racial profiling is when the police takes someone's ethnicity in account when looking for potential crime activity. It assumes someone of a certain ethnicity is more likely to commit a crime than others. Therefore, these idividuals will be more than likely searched (for drugs or weapons) or watched when they have done nothing wrong.

The point is, it's wrong to identify crime potential with someone's ethnicity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-06-15 02:24 ]</font>

Wewt
Jun 15, 2003, 09:55 AM
On 2003-06-12 18:22, Shapiro wrote:
I don't like rap. The kind I keep hearing is nothing but sex, drugs, senseless profanity, and violence.
Chart music, my friend, is bad for you.

A very large proportion of rap music that contains what you stated, comes from the charts. Your reason to dislike rap is justified, and I understand why.

You hate what you have seen of it. Nothing wrong with that. Again, chart music is bad for you.

to those of you that say rappers don't have talent, or it's easy: Rap is not easy. Try listening to some freestlying, then tell me it's easy. A lot of rappers can produce rhymes in an instant, and make it sound so fucking good, too. It requires talent. Don't say it doesn't.

One big reason why I love rap, is because it's the new "political loud-mouth". The others are just because it sounds good to my ears.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jun 15, 2003, 01:19 PM
Say, shouldn't music be about listening to a song and liking it, not about protesting against cultural differences?

If someone wants to listen to music, let them. If someone wants to talk about some music they like, let them (even if they're nutcases). If someone wants to listen to a variety of music, not just rap, but pop, rock etc., let them, is it really hurting anyone?

Oh and if someone wants to moan about rap music, saying how pointless it is to listen to a load of chanting of jibberish, let ME.

Wewt
Jun 16, 2003, 11:55 AM
On 2003-06-15 11:19, AYY-BEE-CEE wrote:
Oh and if someone wants to moan about rap music, saying how pointless it is to listen to a load of chanting of jibberish, let ME.

No. Go away.

People like, or even love rap. Somebody talking shit on it doesn't exactly make the rap lover happy.

Reenee
Jun 16, 2003, 09:51 PM
Let's just agree with this:

Rap just sounds good without the words.

Scan_Man
Jun 16, 2003, 10:33 PM
On 2003-06-16 19:51, Shapiro wrote:

Nope.

Guile
Jun 16, 2003, 11:20 PM
Cuz a lot of people who don't know all the rap judge it way too quick. Rap is'nt just whats on BET and MTV and your radiostations...cuz that is just mainstream stuff.

Rap takes a lot of skill and it consists of many factors, the MC or rapper, DJ, beats, intruments, and many other stuff. Before you talk about a subject it is best to know what your talking about and not to just judge it on what you heard Eminem said to you.

I'm out.
J5 is the best!

phasma
Jun 19, 2003, 07:36 AM
I hate rap because it falls in line with the guy shaking my windows when he drives by with his boom box speaker configuration in his 5 doller car.

I think this is the main point to be taken from this thread. I don't favour (nor do I hate) rap - personally I've always been a rock lover. However, I think the single problem (and almost sole cause) of the rap hatred, especially in Scotland where I am, is this:

Mainstream rap is utterly shit; millionaire rap "artists" talking about how crap their life is, getting laid, self-hatred, violence and drugs. This is the image rap is fronting, and it attracts little more than violent yobs, NEDs and doped up school drop-outs with no sense of self, culture or their surroundings.

I agree that rap takes skill. The "true" rap artists out there undoubtedly have more talent that most MTV rock bands currently polluting the ears and minds of American youth. But, mainstream rap is promoting violence, drug culture and an obsessively high labido. One needs only look at the lyrics such as

Girl you deserve some herb and company to be with , f**k whoever you were gonna leave with

In almost every style of music nowadays, there is a "mainstream" and sadly this is what people take the genre to be. Music is all about first impressions. A person wont search long and hard through a pile of crap because they have suddenly realised that something good might turn up from a genre they seem to dislike. It's simply not like that.

Mainstream music is aimed at spoiled kids wanting to fit into a crowd, and there are a lot of them around today. Mainstream is on the radio, the TV and plastered about magazines. These are the things people will see and consider rap to be.

The cretins who buy these manufactured, false beats will give rap a bad name, just like those little shits that listen to Linkin and Cradle of Filth. People are people, and can be forgiven for disliking rap or rock for these reasons.

Mass misunderstanding on both sides - that's all it really is.

If you read all this... damn dude, I'm impressed.

Wewt
Jun 19, 2003, 07:53 AM
On 2003-06-19 05:36, phasma wrote:
If you read all this... damn dude, I'm impressed.

You. Are. The. Shit.

M1ndTheory
Jun 20, 2003, 10:52 PM
Never have liked rap...Hip hop for me.

peace

Morfos
Jun 21, 2003, 12:47 AM
I dont like rap, I hate hip-hop, Im not Racist. I don't like rap because it lacks melody. Its all beats. And most of it talks about nothing but sex these days, which really sucks. Rap was supposed to be about the ghetto. In the 80s rap was what it was supposed to be, now its not.

About Eminem, the reason he is so successful(sp?) is because he puts talent into his work(well recently at least), not because he is white. There are other white rappers, who are not one bit successful. Eminem raps about multiple topics (his problem with the law, sex arg, etc...). And his recent CD sounds a lot different than typical rap. It sounds like it is mixed with some rock as well actually. How much music that is added to Eminem's newer songs also explains why he is successful. Its not because of racism.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-06-20 22:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-06-20 22:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morfos on 2003-06-20 22:52 ]</font>

Reenee
Jun 21, 2003, 01:05 AM
I stand by 100% on the fact that the rap music I am continuously abused to hear is not mainstream rap. I don't recall public radio stations letting such obnoxious profanity be heard freely. I'm sure of it.

Vantamiath
Jun 21, 2003, 02:55 AM
I don't understand why this is about rap haters--I'm guessing because the "hate" is a lot of times about racism, which, is retarded.

Can anyone here say they don't HATE 1 branch of music?

I hate country music. There, go make a rant about country music haters.

M1ndTheory
Jun 21, 2003, 10:40 AM
I hate rap because....

Example 1 of 1 million.

man you don't know wtf you are talking about...do you understand how much stamina it takes to perform a concert? thiers not many people that can do what many of these lyricist do, sure you can practice alot but I doubt you could ever spit a verse that's clear and without you hitting your own tongue.

brillyfresh
Jun 21, 2003, 01:57 PM
I hate rap because....

I am a Musician and Rap requires ZERO talent to perform it.. Oh sure you can bust a rhyme but thats it bud.. You don't need to know anything else. Just copy paiste some other "talented" artists music and put in your own words. The reason white folks like M&M is because they can understand the words.

oh really? ... then why don't you two do it too, if it's really sooo easy? why doesn't everyone do it, if "no talent" is really required? and if you think that all there is to rap is "busting a rhyme" (as if most other-genre musicians don't "bust rhymes"), you must not have been exposed to true freestyle rappers who don't even rhyme, but use more vocabulary than most musicians and express their style in playing on words and phrases

to put it bluntly, rap requires the kind of talent that you two obviously don't have ... it's easy to attack something you don't know much about

you wanna hear real "no talent" music, or whatever you could classify it as? look up Wesley Willis .....

and the prime reason white folks like M&M is because "white folks" can associate with because he is white, doubled on the fact that he is a white rapper that is marketed well, after all, most people really like him because MTV/BET and radio say they should like him ... it has nothing to do with how intelligible his (hateful) lyrics are, and i know quite a few white rappers that would put Eminem to rest in a freestyle battle, talking about more than killing their bitch-mom

On 2003-06-13 13:36, Sham wrote:
Eminem's success is due to his skin color.

Sham, you're partially correct about his success, but the real reason for his success is because of Dr. Dre and Aftermath ...

now i could agree somewhat ... i like the beats to some rap songs much more than the person who raps to those beats or their meaningless lyrics

i don't like rap songs that sample older pop songs, and i don't like the mainstream, spoon-fed rap that you see on MTV/BET or hear on those "New Mix" radio stations ... i like hip-hop though

you wanna find really good modern hip-hop and rapping, find Hieroglyphics, Del the Funky Homosapien (Deltron), Anticon, Dose One, Sage Francis, the Roots, Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys ... they've all done more for the modern hip-hop scene than any pop rap

as far as actual rapping, i think ragga/dancehall artists can rap far better than most popular rappers

M1ndTheory
Jun 21, 2003, 04:38 PM
On 2003-06-21 11:57, brillyfresh wrote:

I hate rap because....

I am a Musician and Rap requires ZERO talent to perform it.. Oh sure you can bust a rhyme but thats it bud.. You don't need to know anything else. Just copy paiste some other "talented" artists music and put in your own words. The reason white folks like M&M is because they can understand the words.

oh really? ... then why don't you two do it too, if it's really sooo easy? why doesn't everyone do it, if "no talent" is really required? and if you think that all there is to rap is "busting a rhyme" (as if most other-genre musicians don't "bust rhymes"), you must not have been exposed to true freestyle rappers who don't even rhyme, but use more vocabulary than most musicians and express their style in playing on words and phrases

to put it bluntly, rap requires the kind of talent that you two obviously don't have ... it's easy to attack something you don't know much about

you wanna hear real "no talent" music, or whatever you could classify it as? look up Wesley Willis .....

and the prime reason white folks like M&M is because "white folks" can associate with because he is white, doubled on the fact that he is a white rapper that is marketed well, after all, most people really like him because MTV/BET and radio say they should like him ... it has nothing to do with how intelligible his (hateful) lyrics are, and i know quite a few white rappers that would put Eminem to rest in a freestyle battle, talking about more than killing their bitch-mom

On 2003-06-13 13:36, Sham wrote:
Eminem's success is due to his skin color.

Sham, you're partially correct about his success, but the real reason for his success is because of Dr. Dre and Aftermath ...

now i could agree somewhat ... i like the beats to some rap songs much more than the person who raps to those beats or their meaningless lyrics

i don't like rap songs that sample older pop songs, and i don't like the mainstream, spoon-fed rap that you see on MTV/BET or hear on those "New Mix" radio stations ... i like hip-hop though

you wanna find really good modern hip-hop and rapping, find Hieroglyphics, Del the Funky Homosapien (Deltron), Anticon, Dose One, Sage Francis, the Roots, Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys ... they've all done more for the modern hip-hop scene than any pop rap

as far as actual rapping, i think ragga/dancehall artists can rap far better than most popular rappers

omg i love this guy.

well to add to his list of good hip hop artist/bands, my favs

madlib/quasimoto
MF doom
El-P
Cannibal Ox
Aesop rock
latyrx
Kool keith/Dr. Octagon/Dr. dooom/Black elvis
Antipop consortium
murs
pete Rock & CL Smooth
Aceyalone/freestyle fellowship/mikah 9
boom Bip
Buck 65
Company flow
digable planets
cannibus
king britt
J-Live
Mr. Lif
Fatlip/The Pharcyde
Atmosphere
five deez/Fat jon
jRawls/Lone Catalysts
Lootpack
percee P
Motion man
jadakiss
kutmasta Kurt
prince Paul/de La Soul
chino XL
dan the automator
RJD2
SUPREMEeX
mike ladd/the infesticons/the majesticons
Zion I
Roots Manuva
Pharoah monch
Gangstarr

peace

Guile
Jun 21, 2003, 07:34 PM
To say rap requires zero talent is just fucking ignorant...
Don't say something if you can't back it up. Try busting a rhyme to a beat and stay on beat, or try making a beat, rap is'nt just MCs
Rap takes much skill
I don't get why so many people that are hating rap here seem to like Eminem. Boy got skills but he is just really re-using everything he ever spits. His ex, his mom & dad, Hailie, and how he is white and thinks he still does'nt get respect
don't judge all of rap from 50 cent and cash money and other groups and rappers played on MTV, BET, and the radio

Go on kazaa or another d/l system and get songs by people like Talib Kwali, Dilated Peoples (my fav to scratch to), Jurassic 5, Blackalicious (much much skill), Deltron, Tribe called quest, Wu-tang, Cannibal Ox, Binary star, and a bunch others that would just take too long to name

M1ndTheory
Jun 21, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-06-21 17:34, Guile wrote:
To say rap requires zero talent is just fucking ignorant...
Don't say something if you can't back it up. Try busting a rhyme to a beat and stay on beat, or try making a beat, rap is'nt just MCs
Rap takes much skill
I don't get why so many people that are hating rap here seem to like Eminem. Boy got skills but he is just really re-using everything he ever spits. His ex, his mom & dad, Hailie, and how he is white and thinks he still does'nt get respect
don't judge all of rap from 50 cent and cash money and other groups and rappers played on MTV, BET, and the radio

Go on kazaa or another d/l system and get songs by people like Talib Kwali, Dilated Peoples (my fav to scratch to), Jurassic 5, Blackalicious (much much skill), Deltron, Tribe called quest, Wu-tang, Cannibal Ox, Binary star, and a bunch others that would just take too long to name

yeah what he said, except dont download music. Especially from underground artist that are trying to make a fucking living,lol.

btw guile you spin?
what you running?

Intimidacius
Jun 23, 2003, 12:27 PM
"Art form" what art form?
Intimidacius hates people who hate people, you are the kind of person who tells others to mellow out while you go smoke weed, go crawl in a hole now. What is rap but a violent rant about how they hate police and beat on their girlfriends. That is not art. Doesn't even have form. Your MTV cRAP is what I am talking about, sure there is some good rappers, but they are not anywhere where the mainstream will find them.
[/quote]Intimidacius wishes you a happy new year and a merry christmas.

Stricker
Jun 23, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-06-12 12:15, Vyon-Eht-Nioj wrote:

Notice that the people who listen to rap didn't say OMG ROCK SUCKS!!! OMG OMG111...

WRONG

Rappers here in Puerto Rico hate me and even used to throw rocks to me and I never did anything to them. They just think I'm an idiot. Before I was a rocker I was a freak of video games and those kind of stuff. One day one of those "rappers" came took my Game boy and throw it to the toilet. How can you explain that? They think they are "rude" cause they are always in groups and have a lot of girls, but they have no feelings at all. They just make fun of others. They must learn how to behave first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reinaldo on 2003-06-23 14:12 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Jun 23, 2003, 04:01 PM
I thought the mods warned us several times in this thread not to use the "n" word.

Stricker
Jun 23, 2003, 04:11 PM
O.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reinaldo on 2003-06-27 10:45 ]</font>

Human_Typhoon
Jun 24, 2003, 01:55 PM
alot of rap sucks except for alot of 80's stuff and the Beastie Boys

Lyphen3
Jun 24, 2003, 02:14 PM
I'm white, and love rock more than anything, but I do also listen to some rap, there is nothing wrong with it, people should stop stereotyping stuff. You can just as easily say that Rock is all about poor soggy depressed people who do drugs. But it isn't, like everything, it has brilliant artists in there.

White prejudice folk: Listen to some non-MTV rap, like K-OS or the Roots, you'll see, it isn't bad at all, it's awesome. I'm not telling yo to love it, but just accept it.

brillyfresh
Jun 24, 2003, 04:04 PM
On 2003-06-21 14:38, M1ndTheory wrote:
omg i love this guy.

well to add to his list of good hip hop artist/bands, my favs

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif thank you

excellent list MindTheory, it has nearly everything i left out that i also like, i was just brushing on the surface

Intimidacius, you know nothing about rap like brillyfresh does, you should look into MindTheory's list to find out what kind of art "hip-hop" really is

and Reinaldo, those "rappers" in Puerto Rico don't know Jack Schitt about hip-hop either, all they know about is artificial music videos

On 2003-06-24 11:55, Human_Typhoon wrote:
alot of rap sucks except for alot of 80's stuff and the Beastie Boys

now there's the $60,000,000,000 statement of this thread ..... there's nothing like 80s hip-hop and electro-funk

here are some more to add, some old, some new:

Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force
Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five
Newcleus
UTFO
Run-DMC
Public Enemy
Curtis Blow
KRS-One
Visionaries
Dead Prez
Busta Rhymes & Flipmode Squad
Cut Chemist
Q-Bert/Invisible Scratch Pickles
Mix Master Mike

the first few are some really dope old school breakbeats if you're into breaking like me, and the last three are good if you like scratching like Guile

and i'd like anyone to tell me that what Rahzel (of the Roots) does takes no talent ... beatboxing .....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-06-24 14:06 ]</font>

M1ndTheory
Jun 24, 2003, 08:52 PM
Check out EPMD to, they completly changed hip hop production. Eric sermon is a god to me.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But yeah, im glad that there are some cats here that actually know what there talking about. When I first clicked on this thread I knew I was in for somthing...

Stricker
Jun 25, 2003, 07:19 AM
On 2003-06-24 14:04, brillyfresh wrote:

and Reinaldo, those "rappers" in Puerto Rico don't know Jack Schitt about hip-hop either, all they know about is artificial music videos

lol you bet. They all suck. Yesterday I saw in my friends house (yes he is a rapper) a rap video and they was trying to imitate Matrix. It was funny instead. lol How original.

I respect a little more (a little) the american rap/hip hop (I dont see the difference at all) cause at least the rithm is original, but still dont like the lyrics and the cloth they use and they always showing coll cars, jot girls, huge mansions...I mean, "Who cares man I know you have money and I dont but please can you stop showing a new car each time you do video?"

I think thats pathetic, you dont have to show all the money and girls you got to be famous.

Wewt
Jun 25, 2003, 07:51 AM
On 2003-06-25 05:19, Reinaldo wrote:
I think thats pathetic, you dont have to show all the money and girls you got to be famous.

It's all show. Most of them don't even have the money to get that kind of stuff.

Stricker
Jun 25, 2003, 09:05 AM
On 2003-06-25 05:51, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
It's all show. Most of them don't even have the money to get that kind of stuff.

lol yes maybe they are rented in an airpost or something.

But no they do have all that money actually. :/

The thing is that rockers have that amount of money too and have ferraris, Lamborginies and all that kind of stuff and I have never seen any of those in the videos right? Then why they have to do so? They are not original.

Wewt
Jun 25, 2003, 10:23 PM
On 2003-06-25 07:05, Reinaldo wrote:

No, they don't!

Even MTV says they don't. Everybody knows MTV is right about pop culture, they fucking make it.

A lot of rappers don't get a big enough cut of the money that they rake in, unless they also produce.

Sham
Jun 26, 2003, 12:31 PM

Uh, right. So I guess that big show on MTV that exposed how a lot of rappers rent certain things in their videos to put up a facade, hiding the fact that they don't have much.. The show also talked about how the real 'money makers' are the producers, concerts, etc. Selling albums doesn't make much; why do you think so many artists try to make their own clothing lines, record labels, and whatnot?

Oh, and I'm sick of seeing that girl in your sig.

Stricker
Jun 26, 2003, 01:51 PM
On 2003-06-26 10:31, Sham wrote:

Uh, right. So I guess that big show on MTV that exposed how a lot of rappers rent certain things in their videos to put up a facade, hiding the fact that they don't have much.. The show also talked about how the real 'money makers' are the producers, concerts, etc. Selling albums doesn't make much; why do you think so many artists try to make their own clothing lines, record labels, and whatnot?

Oh, and I'm sick of seeing that girl in your sig.

If you read carefully, I said that they DO have that money. First read then complain.

Oh, and if you are tired of seeing my girl, you better get used to it or close your eyes. >.<

Wewt
Jun 26, 2003, 05:09 PM
On 2003-06-26 10:31, Sham wrote:
Uh, right. So I guess that big show on MTV that exposed how a lot of rappers rent certain things in their videos to put up a facade, hiding the fact that they don't have much.. The show also talked about how the real 'money makers' are the producers, concerts, etc.
That, ladies and gentlemen, was exactly what I was referring to.

Reinaldo, I think you need to take your own advice.

Sham
Jun 26, 2003, 07:11 PM
If you read carefully, I said that they DO have that money. First read then complain.

Are you...?

A) Partially Blind
B) Partially Retarded
C) 100% Dense
D) A Sad Combination of the above selections

And there was no complaining on my behalf. Well, except for the excessive accidental viewing of that dumbass girl in your sig. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bored.gif

Stricker
Jun 27, 2003, 07:34 AM
I am a little confused here.

So I'll choose:

B) partially retarded,
Cause It's just partially. I think I had to much PSO this week.

But hey stop complaining in my sig, is not bad. Is just that you dont like it but you are not the only one. So please stop it.

Wewt
Jun 27, 2003, 08:16 AM
On 2003-06-27 05:34, Reinaldo wrote:
But hey stop complaining in my sig, is not bad. Is just that you dont like it but you are not the only one. So please stop it.

Okay, English is not your first language, right? I think I'm right, I'll try to respect that fact. But did you really mean that there are other people that hate the sig, or are you saying he's the only one? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Stricker
Jun 27, 2003, 08:38 AM
On 2003-06-27 06:16, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Okay, English is not your first language, right? I think I'm right, I'll try to respect that fact. But did you really mean that there are other people that hate the sig, or are you saying he's the only one? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I said that he is not the only one who dont like my sig. (not hate it). I heard a lot of people complaining about my sig, but I think that is normal. A lot other people like to complain about other peoples sigs. But hey please stop that. Im not saying anything bad, I just want to you pleople stop complaining about the others sigs.

Ness
Jun 27, 2003, 09:54 AM
On 2003-06-25 20:23, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
No, they don't!

Even MTV says they don't. Everybody knows MTV is right about pop culture, they fucking make it.

MTV made pop culture? Don't make me laugh. MTV is by far the crappiest TV show on the air. They suck, the music they play sucks (the little that they do play nowadays, anyway), and the show they have suck. MTV did not make nor does it represent pop culture.

A lot of rappers don't get a big enough cut of the money that they rake in, unless they also produce.

It's true that alot of rappers (and artist in gneral) are exploited by thier record companies, but to say that they aren't getting to eat any of the pie they bake is a lie.

Those rappers may not be mega millionares, but they are doing quite well for themselves. MTV may tell you otherwise to make the rappers seem more "humble" but anyone who has any real infroamtion on how the recording business works know otherwise.

And by the way stop messing with Reinaldo because he is cool.

Wewt
Jun 27, 2003, 11:21 AM
On 2003-06-27 07:54, Ness wrote:
MTV made pop culture? Don't make me laugh. MTV is by far the crappiest TV show on the air. They suck, the music they play sucks (the little that they do play nowadays, anyway), and the show they have suck. MTV did not make nor does it represent pop culture.
MTV doesn't decide what is "in" or "out"? You must live in your own world, then. Hell, do you even know what pop culture is?

On 2003-06-27 07:54, Ness wrote:
Those rappers may not be mega millionares, but they are doing quite well for themselves. MTV may tell you otherwise to make the rappers seem more "humble" but anyone who has any real infroamtion on how the recording business works know otherwise.

The way they flaunt it in music videos implies they ARE mega millionaires. I never said they weren't rich. If you thought that, then you've clearly got me wrong.

By the way, sorry for saying that they aren't rich, Mr. Record Company Director. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I am not messing with Reinaldo, if you think I am. Even if I was messing with him, I wouldn't stop it just because you think he's "cool."

Ness
Jun 27, 2003, 11:36 AM
On 2003-06-27 09:21, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
MTV doesn't decide what is "in" or "out"? You must live in your own world, then. Hell, do you even know what pop culture is?

I apologize for not letting some lameass TV network do my thinking for me. Also if MTV decide what's in whats out then how come every type of music is still selling? If they had control over everything we would all be walking looking like rappers and whores and listening to Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, boy bands, and rap.

I don't know about you, but when my friends and I buy clothes, we buy what we want to wear not what some corporate bigwig tells us to.

Pop culture= Popular culture. And MTV doesn't control it. Rap didn't become a hit because Mtv said it would it became a hit because fans got thier friends into it and those friends got thier friends hooked and then a whole bunch of people start demanding rap music on MTV. Then MTV assumes that everybody wants rap and Britney Spears and that's all they play.

The way they flaunt it in music videos implies they ARE mega millionaires. I never said they weren't rich. If you thought that, then you've clearly got me wrong.

By the way, sorry for saying that they aren't rich, Mr. Record Company Director. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm confused. You just got on me for saying that you said that rappers weren't rich, but then sarcastically apolize for saying that they weren't rich. I know it's sarcasm, but even that goes by rational thinking.

I am not messing with Reinaldo, if you think I am. Even if I was messing with him, I wouldn't stop it just because you think he's "cool."

It was more of a suggestion than a command. But just out of curiousity, would you do it if MTV said it was "in"?

Stricker
Jun 27, 2003, 12:10 PM
On 2003-06-27 09:36, Ness wrote:

I don't know about you, but when my friends and I buy clothes, we buy what we want to wear not what some corporate bigwig tells us to.

You mean Nike? I still dont know the message of those announcements, "If you use Nike shoes you will play basketball better and run faster". lol Yeah right. I'll never buy a $130 shoes just because they say Jordan on them.

Wewt
Jun 27, 2003, 12:26 PM
I apologize for not letting some lameass TV network do my thinking for me. Also if MTV decide what's in whats out then how come every type of music is still selling? If they had control over everything we would all be walking looking like rappers and whores and listening to Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, boy bands, and rap.

You simply don't get it. Pop culture is the kind of stuff that the media shows you. Such as ALL THE BULLSHIT ON MTV. MTV plays a huge part of pop culture, because they show all forms of it on their network. They show so much of it, it gets them a huge audience, and that audience would watch MTV to see what's "in", and what isn't.

Here's the part you don't understand the most: A lot of people would, and do allow MTV to do their thinking for them.

I'm confused. You just got on me for saying that you said that rappers weren't rich, but then sarcastically apolize for saying that they weren't rich. I know it's sarcasm, but even that goes by rational thinking.
Look, I KNOW popular rappers have money, they are rich. I KNOW THAT. But they aren't rich to the levels they show they are in their music videos.

My sarcastic line was meant for this (Read it carefully):

MTV may tell you otherwise to make the rappers seem more "humble" but anyone who has any real infroamtion on how the recording business works know otherwise.
Better?

You said to me, to stop messing with Reinaldo. Suggestion or not, I still wouldn't stop, even if I was doing it.

Lastly, no, I would not, and do not do things just because MTV sells it as something that is the new trend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2003-06-27 10:27 ]</font>

Stricker
Jun 27, 2003, 12:37 PM
I dont understand if you are in favor or against MTV and rappers...hmmm

*ack* There's my partially retarded problem again >.<

hollowtip
Jun 29, 2003, 02:52 AM
Pop culture= Popular culture. And MTV doesn't control it. Rap didn't become a hit because Mtv said it would it became a hit because fans got thier friends into it and those friends got thier friends hooked and then a whole bunch of people start demanding rap music on MTV. Then MTV assumes that everybody wants rap and Britney Spears and that's all they play.

In my experiences with being around people who watch MTV/BET a lot, this is not the case. I used to sit by this overweight girl in my health class a couple of years ago. Every single day she would come in and give us the basic premise of yesterdays broadcasting of MTV. What videos she liked and disliked and how that days episode of real world went with the cast members. It was all she talked about, and any music she listened to happened to be whatever was being played on MTV at the time. It always spawned numerous discussions between other classmates and it was annoying as hell. Another Instance is when I used to go to numerous basketball games this year on my team and everybody had the "sic as fuck" 50 cent album and played "in da club" in our pre-game warmups.

Everybody follows the crowd and it fucking disgusts me.

Shattered_weasel
Jun 29, 2003, 09:35 AM
flame flame flame
rant rant rant
rabble rabble rabble

Make love not war