PDA

View Full Version : I hate gamefaqs.

RuneScapeMan
Jun 13, 2003, 04:20 AM
This is great, I lost my 120 karma account on gamefaqs.
Do you want to know why?
Because someone said like:
"As long as you don't annoy me, I whon't cares that youre 13..."
Then I said: "And as long as I'm not a HUmar, I don't annoy you..."
He didn't have a HUmar but I doubt that a HUmar lover banned me because I said that, because that was my only post that day.
So now I'm gonna start another damn gamefaqs account, I don't know why, just in case I think because I'm not the only one getting banned by a worthless moderator...

CajunSamurai
Jun 13, 2003, 06:54 AM
The GameFAQs forums have become a great source of comedy for me... similar to fanfic.net in the same unintentionally idiotic way, I think.
It's like laughing at a dog chasing its tail around in circles. It doesn't really know any better, and on one hand you may even feel sorry for the idiotic dog for being so stupid, but dammit, you laugh anyway. This, my friends, is GameFAQs' forums as well.

I've only posted there incognito a few times to post some stuff that would've gotten me banned here. *shifty eyes*

LollipopLolita
Jun 13, 2003, 09:07 AM
okay come on now, let's stop the bashing, and just do it in a nice fair matured fashion okay? i'd like to keep this site from bashing other forums.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 13, 2003, 09:51 AM
sorry if this question sounds dumb, but as this is the rants forum, is it out of our, uh, ranting powers to bash anything? hmm maybe anything is too broad, but i dont see why someone couldnt complain about the injustice of another site, but watever. sorry if this causes problems buuut i was juuust curious haha.

cheers

CajunSamurai
Jun 14, 2003, 03:31 AM
But how can I bash GameFAQs in a nice, mature fasion?! >_<
Hmm. Okay then, how 'bout the fact that every other thread I see has at least one TOTALLY nonsensical post that shouldn't even BE there? I wish I were kidding... Like, one thread I saw about PSOX, someone posted, "X-B-O-X" and nothing else. Um... yeah man, you can spell a 4 letter word, power to you, girlfriend.
Then you have the 12-15 year old posters that type every other word quickhand, constantly flame one another and generally contribute NOTHING useful at all to the community. And yes, of course we have a few of them here, as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
And THEN the constant flaming... It's funny, whenever someone posts, say... a bit of misinformation on accident, oh boy. Better watch out, you're gonna get burned alive at the stake, you unfortunate soul.

Actually, I guess any large message board is like this, but DEAR LAWD I daren't go to the Animal Crossing forums ever again. (Disclaimer: All I wanted to do was to program some damn music into my town, I SWEAR.)
For general game gossip, Gaming-Age can't be beat.
For an actual intelligent group of gamers that I actually give a flying frijole about, PSO World "pwnz".

Vantamiath
Jun 14, 2003, 03:41 AM
I quit posting at qfaqs, because when noobs started rambling, I got to much of this;

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/Kellen/fullsize/wtfcat.jpg

Shadow2290
Jun 14, 2003, 07:39 AM
So instead of contesting it you'd rather give up your account.

Daikarin
Jun 14, 2003, 07:44 AM
On 2003-06-14 01:41, IHPSOC wrote:

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/Kellen/fullsize/wtfcat.jpg

*falls from the chair, laughing to death*

Vanango
Jun 14, 2003, 09:46 AM
On 2003-06-14 05:39, Shadow2290 wrote:
So instead of contesting it you'd rather give up your account.

contesting? more like stooping to a lower level. Even if you try to have a mature debate or even conversation you end up with a headache.

What's the point in having a debate when responces are just "CHEESE" or "WTF U DUN MAKE SENSE"

the joy in debating isn't aways being winning, it feels good when you are and that you can back it up with logical and solid information, but it's about being civil and even learning a few things. It's about respecting other people's beliefs and if you realizing you are wrong? To have the pride to ADMITTING you are wrong, rather than the pride of refusing to admit you are flawed.

I've never visited Gamefaqs so I don't have an opinion on them.

Rudoku
Jun 14, 2003, 12:19 PM
On 2003-06-14 01:31, CajunSamurai wrote:

Then you have the 12-15 year old posters that type every other word quickhand, constantly flame one another and generally contribute NOTHING useful at all to the community. And yes, of course we have a few of them here, as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

You know not all retard posters a 12-15, they're usually older people like me that act like 'tards on purpose...