LollipopLolita
Jun 13, 2003, 03:18 PM
I implore you, read more books.

pixelate
Jun 13, 2003, 03:28 PM
More Sedaris is needed by everyone.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 13, 2003, 03:28 PM
Try Dune, or The Hobbit. Or something more recent.

Put the message board down billy.

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2003, 03:30 PM
...go outside..to get to the library.

LollipopLolita
Jun 13, 2003, 03:31 PM
there's always burrough's naked lunch

But the subway is moving.
"So long flatfoot!" I yell, giving the fruit his B produc-
tion. I look into the fruit's eyes, take in the white teeth,
the Florida tan, the two hundred dollar sharkskin suit,
the button-down Brooks Brothers shirt and carrying
The News as a prop. "Only thing I read is Little Abner."
A square wants to come on hip.... Talks about "pod,"
and smoke it now and then, and keeps some around to
offer the fast Hollywood types.
"Thanks, kid," I say, "I can see you're one of our own."
His face lights up like a pinball machine, with stupid,
pink effect.
"Grassed on me he did," I said morosely. (Note:
Grass is English thief slang for inform.) I drew closer
and laid my dirty junky fingers on his sharkskin sleeve.
"And us blood brothers in the same dirty needle, I can
tell you in confidence he is due for a hot shot." (Note:
This is a cap of poison junk sold to addict for liquida-
tion purposes. Often given to informers. Usually the hot
shot is strychnine since it tastes and looks like junk.)
"Ever see a hot shot hit, kid? I saw the Gimp catch
one in Philly. We rigged his room with a one-way
whorehouse mirror and charged a sawski to watch it.
He never got the needle out of his arm. They don't if
the shot is right. That's the way they find them, dropper
full of clotted blood hanging out of a blue arm. The
look in his eyes when it hit -- Kid, it was tasty....
"Recollect when I am traveling with the Vigilante,
best Shake Man in the industry. Out in Chi...

pixelate
Jun 13, 2003, 03:34 PM
Lesson Four: With a pal like this, you don't need an enemy.

I've always liked the idea of accessories, those little pick-me-ups designed to invigorate what has come to feel drab and predictable. A woman might rejuvenate her outfit with a vintage Herm?scarf or a jaunty rope belt, but the options for men aren't nearly as interesting. I have no use for cuff links or suspenders, and while I'll occasionally pick up a new tie, it hardly leaves me feeling "kicky." Hidden accessories can do the trick, but, again, they're mainly the province of women. Garter belt and lingerie?yes. Sock garter and micro brief?no.

It was my search for something discreet, masculine, and practical that led me to the Stadium Pal, an external catheter currently being marketed to sports fans, truck drivers, and anyone else who's tired of searching for a bathroom. At first inspection, the device met all my criteria. Was it masculine? Yes, and proudly so. Knowing that no sensible female would ever voluntarily choose to pee in her pants, the manufacturers went ahead and designed the product exclusively for men. Unlike a regular catheter, which is inserted directly into the penis, the Stadium Pal connects by way of a self-adhesive condom, which is then attached to a flexible plastic tube. Urine flows through the tube and collects in the "Freedom Leg Bag," conveniently strapped to the user's calf. The bag can be emptied and reused up to twelve times, making it both disgusting and cost-effective. Was it discreet? According to the brochure, unless you wore it with shorts, no one needed to know anything about it. Was it practical? At the time, yes. I don't drive or attend football games, but I did have a book tour coming up, and the possibilities were endless. Five glasses of iced tea followed by a long public reading? Thanks, Stadium Pal. The window seat on an overbooked cross-country flight? Don't mind if I do!

I ordered myself a Stadium Pal and soon realized that, while it might make sense in a hospital, it really wasn't very practical for day-to-day use. In an open-air sporting arena, a piping-hot thirty-four-ounce bag of urine might go unnoticed, but not so in a stuffy airplane or a small, crowded bookstore. An hour after christening it, I smelled like a nursing home. On top of that, I found that it was hard to pee and do other things at the same time. Reading out loud, discussing my dinner options with the flight attendant, checking into a fine hotel: Each activity required its own separate form of concentration, and while no one knew exactly what I was up to, it was pretty clear that something was going on. I think it was my face that gave me away. That and my oddly swollen calf.

What ultimately did me in was the self-adhesive condom. Putting it on was no problem, but its removal qualified as what, in certain cultures, is known as a bris. Wear it once and you'll need a solid month in order to fully recover. It will likely be a month in which you'll weigh the relative freedom of peeing in your pants against the unsightly discomfort of a scab-covered penis, ultimately realizing that, in terms of a convenient accessory, you're better off with a new watchband.

LollipopLolita
Jun 13, 2003, 03:42 PM
or a classic mark twain maybe. Letters from Satan

This is a strange place, and extraordinary place, and interesting. There is nothing resembling it at home. The people are all insane, the other animals are all insane, the earth is insane, Nature itself is insane. Man is a marvelous curiosity. When he is at his very very best he is a sort of low grade nickel-plated angel; at is worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm. Yet he blandly and in all sincerity calls himself the "noblest work of God." This is the truth I am telling you. And this is not a new idea with him, he has talked it through all the ages, and believed it. Believed it, and found nobody among all his race to laugh at it.

Moreover -- if I may put another strain upon you -- he thinks he is the Creator's pet. He believes the Creator is proud of him; he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes, and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to Him, and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea? Fills his prayers with crude and bald and florid flatteries of Him, and thinks He sits and purrs over these extravagancies and enjoys them. He prays for help, and favor, and protection, every day; and does it with hopefulness and confidence, too, although no prayer of his has ever been answered. The daily affront, the daily defeat, do not discourage him, he goes on praying just the same. There is something almost fine about this perseverance. I must put one more strain upon you: he thinks he is going to heaven!

He has salaried teachers who tell him that. They also tell him there is a hell, of everlasting fire, and that he will go to it if he doesn't keep the Commandments. What are Commandments? They are a curiosity. I will tell you about them by and by.

RavenTW
Jun 13, 2003, 04:23 PM
I have to read the Scarlet letter for school. Does that count?

geewj
Jun 13, 2003, 04:31 PM
Sword of Truth!

It's good, I swear.

Trickstr
Jun 13, 2003, 05:53 PM
I'm obsessed with books I've almost finnished all the books writen by Stephen donaldson I suggest you all read his books.

Sai-Yuk
Jun 13, 2003, 08:54 PM
I don't read books, i role play, though, i tend to intimidate most people because they only seem to manage one line. quoted is a post i did for somebody a while back, that never got anywhere... i wish it had.. i really love the character its for... even though he's dead now... doesn't stop me playing him though
heh.

dark hair fell over the face of a man chained to the tree that he had been left to die upon several days ago for being in the eyes of the uneducated that had condemned him to such a fate, a witch. he was a witch in their eyes because of the way that his touch had caused something to happen to one person. death. the avatar of nature that he had once been now brought instead of the beauty of life, the finality of death. pallid skin caught the sunlight that filtered through the trees and about his feet lay dead crows. crows that had sought to feed off this victim of the uneducated masses, who had been left here at the mercy of the forest. but the forests animals could not feast upon this corpse, for touching him alone drained the life out of whatever did so, where flesh came into contact with flesh, that was why he had not removed his gloves since the day he had awoken to this eternal unlife, forced to feed on the life energies of others simply to hope to survive longer than he should have. he was dead. dead by his own hand, yet he was stuck with this torment, with this unlife, with this hunger for the souls of those that he could feed upon. but at the same time he was still a man, a man with the same gentle ways that he had always had, a man with the same soft blue eyes and hair as black as ebony. for a moment he found himself wondering if he should bother to remove the spear that had been thrust into his chest by the ones that had chained him here, but it didn't matter... none of this mattered a bit to him... they had at least left his cursed blade with him... he dreaded to think what fate would befall them, if this was the fate that it had brought him.
"It might rain today. yes. rain would be nice. the forests sing with life after the rain. how i long to hear the song of the woods again..." he whispered, blue eyes closed for a second as he remembered the life that he had before all this started... the life before he had been abandoned... the life before he had lost the place that he had been welcomed into by mother nature... he had been truely at one with nature, truely happy to sit there and listen to the silence of the glades, to sleep beneath blankets of moss and bathe in crystal waters, but now it seemed like no matter what he did, that he was not going to be allowed to rest beneath the earth that he was supposed to be sleeping beneath now... it was as if nature had said that for the abomination he had become, that he was no longer welcome within the eveloping earth that he should have finally found his place beneath.
"Maybe the rain will wash away my sin... maybe the rain will wash away the taint that blackens my soul... yes... rain would be nice..." his voice remained a whisper as he slowly shifted, dead muscles couldn't protest to the way he was using them anymore... he was dead, but he was as fresh as he had been the second he died. he was cold. so very cold... he had never felt such a chill in his life, but the cold no longer bothered him. instead, he welcomed the cold, as it numbed all other feeling, and to a degree, the pain that he still felt. the creak of iron as he pulled against the chains that bound him filled the air, flesh straining against metal as his one arm pulled away from the tree, the metal links of the chain stretching, coming undone, before the sound of the chains breaking filled the air and buckled links where cast to the ground, some of them bouncing from stones, some of them bouncing from roots, but the majority simply thudding against the earth with a dull sound. no sooner had he freed his one arm, then did he reach down for the spear in his chest, slowly slipping it free of his chest, the hear of the spear rotated as he slipped it between his ribs, and finally cast the crude weapon down, stained black with his blood... blood that at was one time red, but now had become as black as his soul was apparently. every second that passed saw the flesh that had been damaged knitting, the stolen life energy of those that he had fed upon before used to bring about this repair of the damaged flesh, as if it was little more than a tear in fabric that needed a patch applied to make it as good as new again...
"I suppose i should leave this place now..." he whispered, pausing as he felt the first drop of the warm rain splashing against his cheek, a gentle smile crossing his lips as he closed his eyes... he missed the rain... the feeling of his hair plastered to his blody by the waters, the feeling of each drop hitting upon his body... with a reluctant sigh, he pulled his other hand away from the tree, his feet planted firmly against the bark as he gave himself the leverage to finish breaking free, the chain breaking just as easily as the other had, leaving his hands free of the chains, as he settled at the base of the tree, sighing softly as he crossed his legs... the rain... that was all he wanted to think about for now... the rain, as its fall became heavier, starting to soak the clothing of this pallid yet oddly beautiful corpse, as he allowed it to wash over him

Trickstr
Jun 13, 2003, 11:19 PM
On 2003-06-13 18:54, Sai-Yuk wrote:
I don't read books, i role play, though, i tend to intimidate most people because they only seem to manage one line. quoted is a post i did for somebody a while back, that never got anywhere... i wish it had.. i really love the character its for... even though he's dead now... doesn't stop me playing him though
heh.

dark hair fell over the face of a man chained to the tree that he had been left to die upon several days ago for being in the eyes of the uneducated that had condemned him to such a fate, a witch. he was a witch in their eyes because of the way that his touch had caused something to happen to one person. death. the avatar of nature that he had once been now brought instead of the beauty of life, the finality of death. pallid skin caught the sunlight that filtered through the trees and about his feet lay dead crows. crows that had sought to feed off this victim of the uneducated masses, who had been left here at the mercy of the forest. but the forests animals could not feast upon this corpse, for touching him alone drained the life out of whatever did so, where flesh came into contact with flesh, that was why he had not removed his gloves since the day he had awoken to this eternal unlife, forced to feed on the life energies of others simply to hope to survive longer than he should have. he was dead. dead by his own hand, yet he was stuck with this torment, with this unlife, with this hunger for the souls of those that he could feed upon. but at the same time he was still a man, a man with the same gentle ways that he had always had, a man with the same soft blue eyes and hair as black as ebony. for a moment he found himself wondering if he should bother to remove the spear that had been thrust into his chest by the ones that had chained him here, but it didn't matter... none of this mattered a bit to him... they had at least left his cursed blade with him... he dreaded to think what fate would befall them, if this was the fate that it had brought him.
"It might rain today. yes. rain would be nice. the forests sing with life after the rain. how i long to hear the song of the woods again..." he whispered, blue eyes closed for a second as he remembered the life that he had before all this started... the life before he had been abandoned... the life before he had lost the place that he had been welcomed into by mother nature... he had been truely at one with nature, truely happy to sit there and listen to the silence of the glades, to sleep beneath blankets of moss and bathe in crystal waters, but now it seemed like no matter what he did, that he was not going to be allowed to rest beneath the earth that he was supposed to be sleeping beneath now... it was as if nature had said that for the abomination he had become, that he was no longer welcome within the eveloping earth that he should have finally found his place beneath.
"Maybe the rain will wash away my sin... maybe the rain will wash away the taint that blackens my soul... yes... rain would be nice..." his voice remained a whisper as he slowly shifted, dead muscles couldn't protest to the way he was using them anymore... he was dead, but he was as fresh as he had been the second he died. he was cold. so very cold... he had never felt such a chill in his life, but the cold no longer bothered him. instead, he welcomed the cold, as it numbed all other feeling, and to a degree, the pain that he still felt. the creak of iron as he pulled against the chains that bound him filled the air, flesh straining against metal as his one arm pulled away from the tree, the metal links of the chain stretching, coming undone, before the sound of the chains breaking filled the air and buckled links where cast to the ground, some of them bouncing from stones, some of them bouncing from roots, but the majority simply thudding against the earth with a dull sound. no sooner had he freed his one arm, then did he reach down for the spear in his chest, slowly slipping it free of his chest, the hear of the spear rotated as he slipped it between his ribs, and finally cast the crude weapon down, stained black with his blood... blood that at was one time red, but now had become as black as his soul was apparently. every second that passed saw the flesh that had been damaged knitting, the stolen life energy of those that he had fed upon before used to bring about this repair of the damaged flesh, as if it was little more than a tear in fabric that needed a patch applied to make it as good as new again...
"I suppose i should leave this place now..." he whispered, pausing as he felt the first drop of the warm rain splashing against his cheek, a gentle smile crossing his lips as he closed his eyes... he missed the rain... the feeling of his hair plastered to his blody by the waters, the feeling of each drop hitting upon his body... with a reluctant sigh, he pulled his other hand away from the tree, his feet planted firmly against the bark as he gave himself the leverage to finish breaking free, the chain breaking just as easily as the other had, leaving his hands free of the chains, as he settled at the base of the tree, sighing softly as he crossed his legs... the rain... that was all he wanted to think about for now... the rain, as its fall became heavier, starting to soak the clothing of this pallid yet oddly beautiful corpse, as he allowed it to wash over him

man I'm shore it's good but I cant bring myself to read another novel http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nerd
Jun 26, 2003, 02:13 AM
I get as much quality literature as i can handle from the good ol' PSO World message board

Ness
Jun 26, 2003, 07:14 AM