PDA

View Full Version : I make cheat codes

Barubary
Mar 13, 2001, 09:08 PM
I make cheat codes for games. I made the "allow cussing in character/team names" code for PSO and FF9's "save anywhere".

Everyone seems to blame me and my friend (who makes far more codes than I do) Code Master. This is our job (well, at least it's CM's job). Why blame us for this?

PSO became a mess without our help anyway - Lavis Cannons were already common with non-xploder duping methods.

The new "item modifier" code probably will reduce the number of cheaters in the long run. It used to be a challenge for them to get and dupe some rare items. Now they just use a code and they get such items immediately. After their power trip wears off, they'll either quit or play the game fairly, since it's no longer fun for them.

What's strange about me is that I don't cheat in my file even though I make cheat codes. I'm a lot like most of you players - cheating would ruin the fun of the game for me.

Codes that are in the works:
- Override the section ID that would normally be chosen by your name
- Costumes that don't match your class (such as a HUmar that is graphically a FOnewmarl)
- Creating normally impossible items like "???? DRAGON SLAYER +255" and level 255 disks
- A code to make alt-~ the "kana" key so Japanese mode users can use American keyboards
- A code to let you type 66 letters (regardless of their width!!!) <-- I'm sure you'll all love this

-- Barubary

katastrophy
Mar 13, 2001, 09:28 PM
I'm not a cheat but good work, dude.

WhoUWorship
Mar 13, 2001, 11:36 PM
TOTALLY DUDE

i only cheat after i have beat a game and if i cheat i do it to get otherwise impossible weapons etc. that bring the fun back and new depth to a now boring or repetitive game

does codemaster work for cmgsccc.com?

it really sucks that site stopped doing gameshark b/c gameshark.com sucks

do u know ne other good gameshark sites

RAY16
Mar 14, 2001, 02:39 AM
Barubary, i respectp you and CM, i think you guys are great and i hope you keep up the good work. anyway heres the deal with me:

i'm probley gonna get flamed for this but here goes nuttin. i'm a cheater but i'm a cheater that has limits (i'm not a pure ass-hole cheater that ruins games), by "limits" i mean i
don't dup items for other people, i only dup as a back-up (i use one and keep 2 in the bank incase i get robbed). i would never use infinite HP or infinite TP (and i think thay should be removed from the gsccc.com web site) because its just wrong to use inf-HP and inf-TP in any online game, its unfair and it ruins that game for you and other players. it would completley take the fun out of the game if you used inf-HP/TP (in my opinion). i will continue cheating to back-up my weapons and to get money but i will never use GS/XPLODER .etc for inf-HP/TP in any online game. please don't give me a hassle becuase i'm not ruining the game by cheating for the sole purpus of backing up items incase of theifs.

P.S. i'm waiting on those codes Barubary.

Shir
Mar 14, 2001, 03:00 AM
If it weren't for dangers of sega zapping your character, the only code that would really interest me is the 'allows other costumes' bit. Being a female, I prefer having a female character. One reason I picked hunter over ranger is the fact that you can't be a female human or numan ranger (nothing against androids, I just like to be able to use a few techniques.)