PDA

View Full Version : Closet Racists...

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 14, 2003, 01:29 AM
Ever had the convenience store clerk stare at you every minute as you went to buy a drink? Ever had taxicab ignore your waving them down and drive right by you? Ever been stopped by police several times for driving an expensive vehicle? Ever had this happen to you? No? Well, then, do you think this actually happens in real life? After all, everyone's a person, right? Agree with that? If you do, chances are good that you're a CLOSET RACIST.

Closet racists are the type of people that:

-think that hate crimes weren't committed out of hate for a another race

-think racial profiling is okay, or that it doesn't exist

-stereotype predominantly black music

-get edgy around large groups of another race

-won't say any derogatory terms toward a person of a different race, but will act differently around them

-will talk to people of another race (at work), but are afraid to walk with them in public

-don't believe that police brutality exists

-thinks that everyone of every race is treated equal

-complains about there being a Black Entertainmant Televeision (while being too naive to realize that white entertainment Television is on every other channel)

-thinks that America has gotten over racism (the War on Iraq SO shows the true answer to that one)

And these are just a few of the things I can think of.

Qualify? I bet you do, and I hope you burn, you cowards.

Reenee
Jun 14, 2003, 01:58 AM
Do you qualify if you merely wanted to move to another school with a greater diversity of races?

hollowtip
Jun 14, 2003, 03:16 AM
On 2003-06-13 23:29, Vyon-Eht-Nioj wrote:
Ever had the convenience store clerk stare at you every minute as you went to buy a drink? Ever had taxicab ignore your waving them down and drive right by you? Ever been stopped by police several times for driving an expensive vehicle? Ever had this happen to you? No? Well, then, do you think this actually happens in real life? After all, everyone's a person, right? Agree with that? If you do, chances are good that you're a CLOSET RACIST.

Closet racists are the type of people that:

-think that hate crimes weren't committed out of hate for a another race

-think racial profiling is okay, or that it doesn't exist

-stereotype predominantly black music

-get edgy around large groups of another race

-won't say any derogatory terms toward a person of a different race, but will act differently around them

-will talk to people of another race (at work), but are afraid to walk with them in public

-don't believe that police brutality exists

-thinks that everyone of every race is treated equal

-complains about there being a Black Entertainmant Televeision (while being too naive to realize that white entertainment Television is on every other channel)

-thinks that America has gotten over racism (the War on Iraq SO shows the true answer to that one)

And these are just a few of the things I can think of.

It seems as though you're a minority who is bitter at the world for some reason or another. Rant all you want but your thinking is flawed in so many ways. Maybe the convenience store clerk just has a staring problem, or maybe the taxi cab driver was off his shift or had a bad day and didn't want to pick anyone up, or maybe BET just sucks because, well it's not a very good program (I hate it myself). The problem with how you perceive the world is that it's in the most negative sense. I look at a lot of people and zone out on them, if it happens to be a black person is it because I have such hatred for them that I think if I stare at them long enough they may get intimidated and leave? Stop assuming and look at actual facts.

Guess who the richest woman in the world is? Oprah Winfrey, and yeah she's black. Or how the majority of all NBA athletes? Most of them are black. Halle Barry? Hailed by many as the most attractive woman in the world. Or how about even Denzel Washington? American Idol winner? Yeah he was against a white guy.

Sure there is still racism within the world, when you're apart of an ethnic minority, that's going to be expected because people are ignorant and aren't educated enough to understand diversity. But please, stop playing this race card like it's a joker that no one is going to fight you on, it's damn annoying and you're only describing a very tiny percentage of the population in America.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-06-14 01:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-06-14 01:20 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
Jun 14, 2003, 04:00 AM
umm excuse me, but all i see here is
"White vs Black" that is, if you can say one race is a color...
it isn't all just "White on Black" crime (and vic virsa)

there are other races of people that suffer just as much, in other countires people are barly safe in their own minds. but thats enough of that.
peopel will be racist, there will be no end to it, because people are different.

i'm african american and i constantly joked with me white and blacks buds about how there should be a
"W.E.T" heh then i'd always come back and say "oh wait..thats just MTV" or something rather(no offence to anyone, we've seen white people on BET and many african americans on MTV etc)
please don't just say blacks are suffering from racism, all races of peopel are affected in some way.
i'm just kinda saddened by seeing this post. and alot of the things that happened to you have happpened to me, and no, there nothing you can do about it. yes it's unfair, but what are you going to do? just remeber, the store clerk cna't bust you if your not stealing.
though i must admit...i'd rather be watching some sorta anime from Cartoon Network than watching "Making The Band, With P.Diddy" on B.E.T though on BET it's not just music, but everytime i turn there, there is. eheh maybe it's because i kinda don't like rap/hip-hop now adays oh well.
lets keep the rants about racial problems down, those really upset me. the internet isn't suppose to be about race, being called the "N word" online in pso made me want choke a baby, or something.
hmmmm 5.am eh.....yep..right on time *passes out on his keyboard*

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 14, 2003, 04:28 AM
Why am I even bothering with you right now? it's so late... but whatever, I might as well...

On 2003-06-14 01:16, hollowtip wrote:
It seems as though you're a minority who is bitter at the world for some reason or another. Rant all you want but your thinking is flawed in so many ways. Maybe the convenience store clerk just has a staring problem, or maybe the taxi cab driver was off his shift or had a bad day and didn't want to pick anyone up, or maybe BET just sucks because, well it's not a very good program (I hate it myself).

Maybe I would've thought the same way if I had only been to ONE convenience store with that same ONE clerk, and had taken a taxi with the same ONE driver for several years of my life, I'd be just as naive as you. I'll just be brief: IT HAPPENS MORE THAN ONCE, meaning that MULTIPLE PEOPLE HAVE DONE WHAT I'VE DESCRIBED. Oh, and I barely watch BET, btw.

The problem with how you perceive the world is that it's in the most negative sense. I look at a lot of people and zone out on them, if it happens to be a black person is it because I have such hatred for them that I think if I stare at them long enough they may get intimidated and leave? Stop assuming and look at actual facts.

No, I don't because then I'd probably be depressed often and most likely suicidal. I like my life a lot actually, kiddo. But I'm not gonna allow myself to be blind and promenade around like a fairy saying "OMG RACISM DOESN'T EXIST! WE ARE ALL SEEN AS EQUALS!!! WOW YAY LET'S SPIN AROUND!!!" You seem to possess a bit of intelligence, so what gave you the notion that I thought that anybody who looks strangely at another person of another race is a racist? This by far the most retarded statement I'e heard today... this would mean that people that recogize me, or girls that look at me and think I look good are all racists! OMG OMG OMG!!! LUUK AT ALL TEH RAZIZSSTZT!!! Get real.

Guess who the richest woman in the world is? Oprah Winfrey, and yeah she's black. Or how the majority of all NBA athletes? Most of them are black. Halle Barry? Hailed by many as the most attractive woman in the world. Or how about even Denzel Washington? American Idol winner? Yeah he was against a white guy.

LOL... this'll be fun to break down:

-Guess how many other black people are extremely high ranking in riches, and compare that ratio with white, and then get back to me.

-NBA is based on athletics, not skin colour. White people can't control athleticism. What kind of stupid example was that?

-Halle Berry's complexion has gotten much, much lighter over the years. Getting a bit of an idea as to why she was voted most beautiful?

-Denzel Washington... hahaha! How long did it take him to get some recognition!? He's been doing movies for YEARS, and he finally gets a serious reward.

-Ruben over Clay on American Idol... oh, man.... guess what? Since black music is such a dominant culture in today's society, guess what teens of all races want to see? Black artists, right? And since teens wanna see black artists, what will record labels go for? I know you can guess this one. Not a hard concept to grasp, is it?

Sure there is still racism within the world, when you're apart of an ethnic minority, that's going to be expected because people are ignorant and aren't educated enough to understand diversity.

*claps*

Yes that's exactly what I was...

But

You just had to continue...

please, stop playing this race card like it's a joker that no one is going to fight you on, it's damn annoying and you're only describing a very tiny percentage of the population in America.

Blah blah fucking blah. No race card being played, I just call it as I see it. I wouldn't get into it any further had I no proof of it's existense... which is why I find it funny how YOU could even step in to attempt to argue with me, when you've had absolutely NO experience with what minorities(meaning not just black, but arabians, indians, asians, etc.) go through. As far as I'm concerned, if you have no experience, your opinion is null and void. Thanks for showing me that you're also slightly in the closet, my naive, lemming-like friend.

And Shapiro, there's nothing wrong with wanting a more diverse crowd. I highly promote multiculturalism.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vyon-Eht-Nioj on 2003-06-14 02:35 ]</font>

Trickstr
Jun 14, 2003, 05:25 AM
guys maybe it is a slight exaduration (not saying it is) but she's obviouly not making it up don't give that crap that racisms practically dead.

Shadow2290
Jun 14, 2003, 07:35 AM
I hope that you aren't general sweeping everyone that read this post.

Vanango
Jun 14, 2003, 10:29 AM
Vyon-Eht-Nioj I know where you are coming from. It sucks.

I can give you stories after stories where I have been targetted as a minority and treated unfairly. At the same time because of Affirmative Action people think I'm at some sort of advantage.

If you think racism doesn't exist you are obvlious.
If you think it's not a problem you are a moron.
If you think it doesn't affect you -- I almost feel bad for you.

There's racism everywhere, the majoirty is caused by stereotypes. There is tons of police profiling, you know who it's directed towards? Blacks. Am I pulling this out of my ass? No, am I reading this from some unrealiable statistic? No, I see it and I've experienced it and trust me you don't want details. Blacks have a stereotype and it sucks, but at the same time I feel bad for the Whites. Suddenly if they don't understand black history to the fullest they are uncultured and racist. They have to watch what they say because in *some* places they can be accused of being a racist when they aren't. Since blacks ARE the minority they can get away with things like the Black Action Society (which in my school end up segregating themselves more than actually unifying our school) and even "BET", but if an all white organization was formed, even if it was open to anyone, chaos would ensue.

There are a plethora of other races and things aren't just black and white.

There are (race) barricades in this world and they aren't impossible to hurdle. It's harder for a non-jewish person to get into media. It's harder for a white person to get into the rap or RnB industry, or even say, Jail (ever been to DC?). It's harder for people JUST TO ESCAPE STEREOTYPES. It sucks and I wish we could get along, but just because there are barriers doesn't mean they are inpenetrable. People come into this worl and with advantages and disadvantages, it's just unfortunate that the color of your skin plays such a large role.

Example? Here's one that I see regularly. I know a lot of Asians that come to the US, primarily Chinese. They come over but because of the way Chinese is structured, their English often sounds uneducated. My Uncle is a Ph.D. (degree received from an American University) and very intelligent but he has a Chinese accent and his grammar is sometimes flawed, but his vocabulary and intellect is higher than most Americans that were born and raised in the US. He still is treated like a worthless <insert derogatory world here>. You know how many times I've heard Americans say along the lines of "If you're going to come into our country, learn our language"? I don't, because it's been more times than I can recall. Now let's say if a French person came. The French Language is similar to the English language. If a French person were to speak English even if they were talking about the weather, people tend to see them with more intellect and being sophisticated or romantic. My final say on that is if you hear someone speaking "your language" with a heavy accent or very broken, be patient. It just means it's not their first and they are constantly learning. If you've studied another language and tried practicing it you know how difficult and frustrating it is.

Well, that's enough of me rambling.

Mizu
Jun 14, 2003, 10:44 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I see what you mean. I live in Toronto where theres mostly black people, but then when you to Pickering which is the city next to Toronto, theres mostly white people. And, as you get further and further away from toronto, the less black people there are. Toronto must be a huge magnet or something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Droid
Jun 14, 2003, 11:55 AM
When the store owner has been robbed 8 times by black people, that tends to make him stare you down when you enter his store. It's not his fault, he is just playing his odds. Odds are that robber number 9 will be black as well so why not be cautious when there is a black person in his store.

That taxi driver has been robbed 12 times by black people, why should he pick up robber number 13, mabey he just wants to be robbed by a white peson for once so he passes you by.

My mom use to run a Utotem store in Houston Texas. She was robbed 9 times in 9 years. Raped once and had her purse taken. All those occurances where cause by black people. She didn't start that job being a raciist, but she left it being one.

You bring the stereotyping on yourselves. I am white trash ------ hating trailer scum to you about now. Thats not true but thats what your thinking. When given the choice to be non racist, we choose to segragate ourselves voluntarilly. Mexicans don't speak english when they are at home, or in groups, they put the mexican flag in their window, this discourages other races from even getting close to them. Black folks have their own tv channel, and I think have even come up with their own music awards. I'm not sure I can blame these races for segrating themselves out, when they don't get enough regognition "as a race" when up against the majority of whites. Just seems to me that segragating yourself out of the white world is racist. Claiming we are all the same is simple denial that we are different.

I stopped watching the Grammy Awards the day they had to make a seperate catigory for best "black" vocalist, so Michael Jackson could win 2 awards for best male vocalist, one just because he was black. Mabey I only notice black people when they are stairing at my hubcaps, and ignore them the rest of the time. Mabey I only notice the Mexicans when they are playing that oompa music on some made up holiday, or stealing cars and ignore all the ones that have jobs and build our homes, roads and work for a living. Yea mabey I'm a racists, mabey we all are now or eventually, the longer I live the more racist I become, not a choice, just starting to seem that way.

We have alot of problems, but I think racist is a small one, lets compare.

Mother and Step Father die, trying to get to America, but their son lives and makes it. Our government then invades it's own citizens homes and abducts the child at gun point and sends him back to Cuba. The choice to come to America was already made by that boys late mother. She died so he could be here and be free, but no.... she and his step father have now died in vain for freedom.... WTG Reno.

Lets see OJ was found not guilty of murder yet found responcible for them not being alive and fined for it.... man you may as well toss a coin when you get arrested because I can't figure out which way is up now.

Lorana Bobett was found not guilty, because she suffered from spoucal abuse. John Bobett was found not guilty of spoucal abuse... Once again,, which way is up?

This county is going to hell in hand basket and your still worried about what some asshole thinks about the color of your skin.. Look around, there a bigger fish to fry.

*edit by Abdur*
Don't use the N word on this forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-06-14 17:02 ]</font>

Rudoku
Jun 14, 2003, 12:35 PM
On 2003-06-13 23:29, Vyon-Eht-Nioj wrote:
Ever had the convenience store clerk stare at you every minute as you went to buy a drink? Ever had taxicab ignore your waving them down and drive right by you? Ever been stopped by police several times for driving an expensive vehicle?

Yeah...I was put out of the Air & Space Museum for no damn reason!

Dangerous55
Jun 14, 2003, 05:03 PM
Denzel Washington won Best Supporting Actor in 1989 for Glory. That was 14 years ago.

I know one thing that isnt racist, if I was on stage and said half the stuff Chris Rock says about whte about black people. I would be the anti-christ.

Ness
Jun 14, 2003, 05:13 PM
On 2003-06-14 15:03, Dangerous55 wrote:
Denzel Washington won Best Supporting Actor in 1989 for Glory. That was 14 years ago.

I know one thing that isnt racist, if I was on stage and said half the stuff Chris Rock says about whte about black people. I would be the anti-christ.

I agree and I'm black. I think it's upsetting that I can go around shouting racial slurs a have people think it's funny. If a white person were to do that, they would be considered racist.

hollowtip
Jun 14, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-06-14 02:28, Vyon-Eht-Nioj wrote:

Blah blah fucking blah. No race card being played, I just call it as I see it. I wouldn't get into it any further had I no proof of it's existense... which is why I find it funny how YOU could even step in to attempt to argue with me, when you've had absolutely NO experience with what minorities(meaning not just black, but arabians, indians, asians, etc.) go through. As far as I'm concerned, if you have no experience, your opinion is null and void. Thanks for showing me that you're also slightly in the closet, my naive, lemming-like friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vyon-Eht-Nioj on 2003-06-14 02:35 ]</font>

Like I said once before, you see the world in the most negative sense. America is not absent of racism, I thought I made this very clear in my original post, there is a tiny percentage of racist individuals. Maybe the store clerk doesn't like the way you dress or act, and maybe taxi cab driver is just a dick in general. Stop jumping to these rediculous conclusions. You conveniently love to ignore other variables that might be the reason for the store clerk staring at you or the taxi cab driver not picking you up.

And yes I have been around a lot of black people, (can't say hindu or hispanic or any other races I don't think anyone has had experiences with being a minority with every race) where I have been an actual minority (multiple basketball teams where I was the only white guy) so there you go again assuming things that might not be true. All good guys mind you, and it was one of the most educating experiences I've had.

So please do us all a favor and be open to the possibility that there may be other reasons that you didn't get a certain job or got treated negatively for some reason you didn't understand. Chances are it's not because your skin color.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-06-14 15:46 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
Jun 14, 2003, 05:31 PM
before anyone goes primal on me or anything, i do agree with dangerous, and do hate racist people (myself, i many friends who come from different backrounds and different ethnicities, and would seriously hate to see them put down by some racist fool) but, i was curious as to why people of the african ethnicity sometimes refer to each other (i hate this word with a passion) "---" or "------"? now not many black people ive seen, do this, but i was just curious why thay would want to refer to each other in this way as traditionally thats horrible slang. sorry if this question is a naive one that i wouldnt understand the answer to, but hay i was curioius. anyways, later

cheers

*edit by Abdur*
I know you did'nt mean anything by it, but do NOT use the N word on this forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-06-14 17:21 ]</font>

Wewt
Jun 15, 2003, 09:34 AM
which is why I find it funny how YOU could even step in to attempt to argue with me, when you've had absolutely NO experience with what minorities(meaning not just black, but arabians, indians, asians, etc.) go through.
Why didn't you add white in that list? You hate them, that's why. White people suffer racism just as much, you know. The worst part is, they can't cry about it. Why? because there's going to be an "anti-racist" dumb-fuck who's going to say that treatment the white person received wasn't racism.

As far as I'm concerned, if you have no experience, your opinion is null and void. Thanks for showing me that you're also slightly in the closet, my naive, lemming-like friend.
Eat shit and die. Hopefully not literally.

Thank you for saying that, by the way. You just prove that you really are playing the anti-racism joker card.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, it is their RIGHT. Don't say their opinion is void because they have had no personal experience to do with the matter.

By your saying that his opinion is simply void, because he seems to have had no experience with the matter, you are being prejudiced. And you know what racism is...

Oh, and if you ever come back with another account. I am Chinese, and went to school where was I was the ONLY kid of my race. I had to deal with racism. Just a heads up in case you decide to say I've never dealt with racism.

And Shapiro, there's nothing wrong with wanting a more diverse crowd. I highly promote multiculturalism.

Hahaha...

Racism, I hate.

Racists, I find extremely entertaining. Most of them can't even back up why they're racist.

Droid
Jun 15, 2003, 12:48 PM
*edit by Abdur*
Never do that again, ever. If you had a question about what was suitable words for the site, think next time and pm one of the mods, don't just post a string of racial slurs and profanities, asking if they are suitable or not. Official warning as of right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-06-15 13:24 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Jun 15, 2003, 03:01 PM
On 2003-06-15 07:34, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
White people suffer racism just as much, you know. The worst part is, they can't cry about it. Why? because there's going to be an "anti-racist" dumb-fuck who's going to say that treatment the white person received wasn't racism.

Because whites have never experienced racism on the level blacks have in this country. It just does not add up.

I'm talking about over 200 years of physical and mental trauma engraved in blacks' subconscious. The problem is blacks have never been given the chance to fully heal, but instead to forget. Those feelings become repressed, and come out as hostility when faced with racist sitituations, or sitituations that seem racist (see Rodney King riots for an example). We are trying to heal, but it is diffulcult when there are still racial problems that stem from the days of slavery to mid 20th century.

I hate how, these days, black leaders get shot down or frowned on for trying to stand up for their rights.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-06-15 13:06 ]</font>

Kid_Icarus
Jun 15, 2003, 03:30 PM
This topic can't be going anywhere good.

Lock? Anyone? Please.

Dangerous55
Jun 15, 2003, 03:37 PM
My History teacher, also the football coach, applied for a coaching job at a college. He was turned down. Do you know why? Because he want BLACK. The people said they have to hire more black people or they will get in trouble.

What the hell is with that?

Scan_Man
Jun 15, 2003, 03:38 PM
On 2003-06-15 13:30, Kid_Icarus wrote:
This topic can't be going anywhere good.

Lock? Anyone? Please.

I agree. Plus, the person that started it is banned. So, it does not matter anymore.

And Dangerous, thats a problem because things in the past were really unfair. Crap like that is something we have to eventually get over. A lot of people feel really bad about how this country as treated African Americans, and can't think of any other way to make up for the injustice of the past. To many it seems there is no other solution in leveling the playing field.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-06-15 13:44 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jun 15, 2003, 03:52 PM
As long as everyone keeps it civil, the thread won't have to be locked and no warnings will have to be given. Argue all you want, just don't regress to petty name calling ok?

We should'nt have to lock every thread which contains a debate because it has to wittle down to name calling and flame baiting.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 15, 2003, 04:02 PM
On 2003-06-15 13:52, ABDUR101 wrote:
As long as everyone keeps it civil, the thread won't have to be locked and no warnings will have to be given. Argue all you want, just don't regress to petty name calling ok?

We should'nt have to lock every thread which contains a debate because it has to wittle down to name calling and flame baiting.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=55006&forum=11&15
^--that got locked, but this one doesn't deserve to be?

This is a more sensitive subject. And it will degrade
just into two sides. And it'll just be more people
letting the N word be used where it shouldn't.

I don't give a crap anymore though. Back to fresh kills for me.

Droid
Jun 16, 2003, 10:42 AM
As I said before, we have bigger fish to fry.

Abdur: Thanks for the not ban, won't happen again. END OF THREAD

Wewt
Jun 16, 2003, 11:52 AM
Not going to bother anymore with these type of topics from now on. They're all the same. Nothing happens.

Conclusion: Racism is here to stay. Don't let it kill you from the inside.

Morfos
Jun 21, 2003, 10:01 AM
When the store owner has been robbed 8 times by black people, that tends to make him stare you down when you enter his store. It's not his fault, he is just playing his odds. Odds are that robber number 9 will be black as well so why not be cautious when there is a black person in his store.
White people rob too!, the reason black people rob more is because they are often poor. Why is it that blacks tend to be more poor than whites? mabey racism.

That taxi driver has been robbed 12 times by black people, why should he pick up robber number 13, mabey he just wants to be robbed by a white peson for once so he passes you by.
Only a minority of blacks steal. Are you racist?

My mom use to run a Utotem store in Houston Texas. She was robbed 9 times in 9 years. Raped once and had her purse taken. All those occurances where cause by black people. She didn't start that job being a raciist, but she left it being one.
Poor people rob more. A reason why they rob is to make a living because they can't get a good job thanks to their skin color. Whites rape too. Its hispanics that commit most of the rapes, not blacks.

We have alot of problems, but I think racist is a small one, lets compare.
Racism small problem? Racism is a huge problem, especially in the South East.

Have you noticed that Blacks and Hispanics recieve harsher consequences in court than Whites who commit the same crimes? I assume you havn't. Lets look at an example.

White person rapes: 6 years in jail
Black person rapes: 30+ years in jail

-Obviously, there is racism.

*edit by Abdur*
Don't use the N word on this forum.

P.S-I am white, but I know that racism exists. Its terrible. I hope Liberals achive to earn Civil Rights for the blacks.

Droid
Jun 21, 2003, 01:02 PM
Speculation suites you well.

Devildog
Jun 21, 2003, 11:10 PM
I'm a police officer in Missouri and we have a racial profiling statute in the state. We are having to indicate whom we stop, what ethnicity, sex, and age. The law also states that we must stop motorists in direct proportion to the racial makeup of the municipality we patrol.

Now, here's the deal. In the municipality I work for the makeup is 99% caucasian, 1% african-american. Keep in mind that in Missouri, only 32% of all motorists stopped in any Missouri muni actually live in that muni.

I have actual expierience with this so I may have an opinion. Here's how the law makes us HAVE TO racial profile motorists.

Lets say in one month, I stop 100 people. Now where I work the law says that I should legally be stopping 99 cauacsians and 1 african-am motorist out of that 100 stops. If I were to stop an african-am on the 5th of the month, I would break tha law if I stopped another afican-am motorist in that 100 stops.

Devildog
Jun 21, 2003, 11:28 PM
If I make that stop on the 5th and later see another traffic violation by another african-am motorist I have actually been told by a supervisor the IGNORE IT!

Now heres the rub. Lets say that I do not make a stop of an african-am motorist by the 31s't of the month, guess what I have to do by law, you betcha, I ACTUALLY HAVE TO TARGET an african-am motorist to keep the proportion correct. The penalities for violation of the statute are severe like having grant money taken away. Chiefs don't like that.

My point is I and most cops actually stop for legit reasons. Do cops racially profile, yes. Cops also gender and sex profile too. Police work involves profiling (Example FBI PROFILERS!) if a possible suspect to a crime is caucasian, you will target only that group. I apologize for your bad situations but to use your opinion theory, be a cop before you make your opinion. See what I see and do what I do every day for citizens like you. Thanks.

Guile
Jun 22, 2003, 02:04 AM
Race, get over it-

ABDUR101
Jun 22, 2003, 02:45 AM
...thats a nice system we have going there...maybe someone should pull their head out of their ass the next time they scribble something on paper.

*/opinion*

Not directed at you at all Devildog, just to read it and wonder how the hell anyone could actually issue something like that makes you wonder.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 22, 2003, 04:13 PM
ouch, i came back from bein outta town and saw that my post had ben edited way back on page one. sorry bout pullin that seriously gross word out, i shouldnt ha done that even in askin a question on why people would use it. anyways my sincerest apologies.