PDA

View Full Version : ¿Why the HATE?

Roontek
Jun 16, 2003, 01:39 AM
I don't understand the logic people have when they decide to FLAME someone just because they are lvl 80 and fresh into Ult. its funny, cause they too were once lvl 80 starting fresh in Ult, then to boot, this asshole thinks its funny to knock on my character class as well, so he starts dissing my HUcast, he told me to leave when we got to Val Opt, I told him to let me try it and give it a go, and sure enough, i pulled through without dieing over 4 times...so please lets all remember to help each other out instead of FLAMING one another.

Vantamiath
Jun 16, 2003, 03:28 AM
http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/Kellen/fullsize/ChangingSubject.jpg

You're right about not flaming one another; unfortunately, this will never happen.

rena-ko
Jun 16, 2003, 05:34 AM
hm... and yet again:
accept it - 90% of mankind are idiots.

most people have no things to be proud of in their lives so they get all frustrated and start such idiotic crap like flaming other player in an onlinegame for their current chara status. thats sad, thats ill, thats normal.

edit... ... ... hm, i still dont get it, what was the point for that picture again?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-06-16 03:35 ]</font>

Mystil
Jun 16, 2003, 11:06 AM
Well, Very Hard is VERY boring...and the EXP is useless to you once you hit lvl 80. I mean it takes way too many HS's to get to lv90. So Ult is the way to go. Just don't sweat these sorts of players. When you tackle on a challenge like that so early in your levels, it will just make you even better in higher levels in the game.

I mean cmon, if you stay in VH forever, and decide to drop in ULT at like 115 or something, you're gonna get whoop from not being adapted to the new challenge. And when entering any game, be prepared to be singled out by these kinds of players and just stick to your own way of surviving, cause they aint got ya back..

And yes those same players need to realize that they were once lv80 as well, and some high powered mag with 4 GOd Arms, and a duped TJ-Sword didn't prove thier valor in ult. It's to be expected that when you make an ult game, fresh lv80-90 players will join. Hence I frown at those Lv120+ only please games.

RavenTW
Jun 16, 2003, 11:13 AM
Well, I wasn't frowned upon for being low leveled in Ult., but I have been frowned on for having crappy weapons. Some idiot HUmars told me to put up my Dark Flow (please, don't remind me. I know it sucks as well, but my friend turned off the power before the game saved, and all I had left was the DF) on Ult, and syaing the special sucks and all. I told them it was my only sword-type, but they didn't listen, they kept saying how much it sucked. So I left.

To be honest, I've actually had many more people help me than look down on me. Giving me some little nick-nack here and there, Resta/shifta-ing me when I needed it, etc.

Daikarin
Jun 16, 2003, 04:45 PM
On 2003-06-16 01:28, Vantamiath wrote:
http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/Kellen/fullsize/ChangingSubject.jpg

*Spits orange juice into the screen, falls down from chair laughing to death*

Well, vanity really IS something common these days. But I never knew that the lack of mutual respect is that frequent.

But I'm still more worried about the HUmar racism on GC PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2003-06-16 15:26 ]</font>

Mizu
Jun 16, 2003, 09:44 PM
On 2003-06-15 23:39, Roontek wrote:
I don't understand the logic people have when they decide to FLAME someone just because they are lvl 80 and fresh into Ult. its funny, cause they too were once lvl 80 starting fresh in Ult, then to boot, this asshole thinks its funny to knock on my character class as well, so he starts dissing my HUcast, he told me to leave when we got to Val Opt, I told him to let me try it and give it a go, and sure enough, i pulled through without dieing over 4 times...so please lets all remember to help each other out instead of FLAMING one another.

That happend to me too about 5 days ago. It was my very first time going to Ult with me very first character (FOnewearl). This guy starts being an ass about how I didn't support them enough and my MST sux like ass. I just ignored and to piss him off, I stopped healing them, and using Shifta and Deband (which was at lvl 14 at the time). Everytime they died and just stand there and laugh at them, they'd get paralyzed and I wouldn't use Anti on them. I made sure I never died and them meant using Rafoie and running away. But I got the last laugh! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Elentari
Jun 16, 2003, 10:12 PM
I must admit it is a tad annoying when a level 80 joins the game and everyone is in ruins or seabed. Its a real pain to keep them alive. I have enough problems keeping my own chars alive...but then again it is no reason to flame someone.

I remember when i was first starting out in ult, i was yelled at a few times to get out of the game. And i hadnt even done anything, just entered. I left, why should i play with people who dont want me there in the first place? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Guile
Jun 16, 2003, 11:13 PM
Yeah people suck, I hope they all die.

phasma
Jun 19, 2003, 08:11 AM

The HUmar hatred, in my opinion, is simply due to the facts that:

1) HUmars are the character choice favoured by the majority of racists, flamers and idiots on PSO.

2) HUmars are (and were) the characters owned by the FF and DBZ obsessives.

3) They're the most common class chosen (or they were) and are PSO's mascot. They're seen too damn often and it just pisses people off...

Hunter4life
Jun 19, 2003, 07:24 PM

Yeah, thats gotten pretty bad on GC. Thats why I stopped playing online for awhile. Oh well, problems like this are likely to never go away completely. My advice is to power level until you're level 90+, thats when the "ult newbie" problems usually go away.

Trickstr
Jun 20, 2003, 02:02 AM
I'm HUmar but because
1. I want to be a hunter
2. I want to be male
3. I don't like to be androids

I don't have online but if I did I expect i'd get hell for having a Yamato for best weapon on lv 106 no God's and no rare defence

Dime
Jun 20, 2003, 02:59 AM
People are pussies now a days...

"OH NO SOMEONE WAS MEAN TO ME ONLINE"

get over it.

Nocturne
Jun 20, 2003, 06:03 AM
Why should they get over it? They're complaining that you're judged based on the little number under your HP and TP rather than any actual skill. PSO is meant to be played with teamates, you know a team-one that helps each other out. So if you can hold your own and someone is flaming you because they're higher in lvl, why should they have to shut up and be quiet, or even leave? The economy is already screwed because of asshole hackers so why are we going to add to it by being dysfunctional and not helping our teamates out? If you can't learn to cooperate then go play solo offline.

Dime
Jun 20, 2003, 03:34 PM
Bitching is annoying, if one person acts like an ass find someone else. There's so many people online that it's not a problem.

ABDUR101
Jun 20, 2003, 03:41 PM
This is rants, where people vent and rant about things...sheesh.

Daikarin
Jun 20, 2003, 03:44 PM
On 2003-06-20 13:34, Dime wrote:
Bitching is annoying (...)

Why did you then?

Because when someone lets out what really is wrong inside, that someone feels relieved, right?

LordCronai
Jun 20, 2003, 03:49 PM
I really hate those damn hater haters. What is with them? =|

Dime
Jun 20, 2003, 06:10 PM
On 2003-06-20 13:41, ABDUR101 wrote:

I'm ranting too...

And yea, I'm bitching too, but this just happens so often...and people make such a big deal out of it. If you can't handle it play offline, I'm pretty sure NPCs aren't mean to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dime on 2003-06-20 16:11 ]</font>

Mystil
Jun 21, 2003, 03:50 PM
On 2003-06-20 16:10, Dime wrote:

I'm ranting too...

And yea, I'm bitching too

LOL

Shut up Dime.

Morfos
Jun 22, 2003, 12:49 AM
If someone doesn't want a 80, then they should ask him/her to leave nicely. Than they will gladly leave. Some people can't get around the flaming.

Dime
Jun 22, 2003, 08:50 PM
On 2003-06-21 13:50, Silhouette wrote:

On 2003-06-20 16:10, Dime wrote:

I'm ranting too...

And yea, I'm bitching too

LOL

Shut up Dime.

Eat my hairy ass.

ScriptorMarkIV
Jun 22, 2003, 09:07 PM
On 2003-06-22 18:50, Dime wrote:
Eat my hairy ass.

and through one show of maturity and class, Dime has successfully killed any promise of sleep Ol' Scriptor had.

Dime
Jun 23, 2003, 02:00 AM
Don't be a condescending jackass, Dime hates condescending jackasses.

Vanango
Jun 23, 2003, 02:54 AM
*steers back towards topic*

if it is a bunch of high(er) level characters and one or 2 lvl 80s I don't mind at all, it's nice helping them out and seeing *someone* level, but when it's me and 3 other lvl 80s and they insist on the mines or the ruins or even the caves when they first discover megid spitting lilies, it's hard taking care of everyone.