PDA

View Full Version : Tards-Good for a Laugh?

DeathCheese87
Jun 17, 2003, 10:23 PM
http://www.tardblog.com

Decide for yourself.

Sai-Yuk
Jun 18, 2003, 03:59 AM
to quote ness.

Trickstr
Jun 18, 2003, 06:24 AM
tards are not to be judged by anyone

Monomate
Jun 18, 2003, 10:35 PM
that's wrong!

Kent
Jun 18, 2003, 10:44 PM
Mental retardation is in no way funny, nor should anyone find it to be.

ABDUR101
Jun 18, 2003, 11:01 PM
My sister used to work with mentally retarded old folks at a local complex. She got really close to two of them over the years, and now she takes care of the one. He lives with her and her family, he's been there through the birth of her two kids and so on, and he's in alot of my memories from growing up.

It's not something to make fun of, BUT, the way the teacher writes about it is interesting, almost reminds me of myself after a hard day at the facility...except I mostly talk about other employees, there are afew exceptions.

Either way, interesting to read.

Trickstr
Jun 19, 2003, 12:42 AM
On 2003-06-18 20:44, Kent wrote:
Mental retardation is in no way funny, nor should anyone find it to be.

right and anyone mature should agree

Alielle
Jun 19, 2003, 03:24 AM
A lot of the kids documented in the tard blog have extremely negligent parents. In fact, it's probably why they have most of their problems in the first place. It's really sad that taking care of the aftermath of drug abuse/neglect/etc becomes the responsibility of the state.

In any case, when I was feeling pretty depressed, this site helped me better appreciate what I had (as well as making me laugh my ass off... "what's the difference between raw sewage and cooked sewage?").

pixelate
Jun 19, 2003, 03:30 AM
People donated to this person to keep the site up?

ABDUR101
Jun 19, 2003, 10:31 PM
From reading all of the entries, you can rather see that she does really care for her students. And the FAQ/Disclaimer give their viewpoint on the matter, which you can rather understand, atleast I can since I work with the elderly who are, for the most part, not fully cognitive, albiet not as far out as this person's students.

I mean, in one of the articles, the lunch lady who takes the money for lunches gave one of her students a hard time, and she protected the student and eventually gave up her own shoe until she could pay for the lunch herself(which was off by only 35 cents I beleive).

And in another article written, she actually spent $25+ to get one of her students some stuff she wanted from the book order, because the parents were poor and the kid wanted the stuff bad enough to write a false check out(with the wrong money amount, mind you).

Alot of people would have just thrown it in the trash, but she knew it meant alot to the student so she went the extra mile and did the nice thing. I don't know, I can sort of connect with that because afew months ago we had a mentally retarded 22 year old at the facility who his surgeon was doing an operation on and ended up hitting vital organs, so he was eating from a tube going down his nose the entire legnth of his stay and had a bag for stuff oozing out his stomach next to his side.

I knew how bored he was, since he did'nt have a TV in his room, and obviously for a kid, a nursing home is a very uneventful and uninteresting place, so I went out and bought a GBA and a game for him. I did'nt expect thanks for it, it was just something you do because it hits you a certain way and you understand and know it's value is so much more than the amount you pay for it.

I don't know, I just loved how the entries were written and the humor, as well as the parts where Riti showed true concern and protectiveness over her students. Ah well. It's bookmarked.

Trickstr
Jun 20, 2003, 12:24 AM
Abdur I must say that you are a very caring person, I thank you for the world is a horrible place