PDA

View Full Version : Advertisements are killing little children to earn money.

LordCronai
Jun 22, 2003, 06:14 PM
Fuck e-mail.
All reasonable communication methods besides talking and instant messanging have gone to hell.
Phones went to the dogs years ago with the introduction of telemarketers. Telemarketers suck. If you're going for a minimum wage job, why make people hate you while you do it? Well, its unfixable no matter how many fucking no-call lists you sign up for. So I officially never pick up the phone until I'm forced to.
Snail mail has been dead for years. Credit card applications and oil change coupons are now 70% of everything you get. I never check the mail anymore, because rarely do I ever get anything worth reading.
From now on, I'm not checking my e-mail. I can't use the one on my default account anymore because I get 8 spams a minute, and now my new secret one is already getting spam. Fuck that. I'm not going to bother with e-mail anymore, because it just plain sucks thanks to spammers. Advertisements have ruined all forms of communication.
The only thing I use anymore is AIM, and in a year or two I'm sure that will be ruined too. At least we always have forums.

While I'm ranting about advertisements, what the hell has happened to movie theaters? We pay way too fucking much to see the movie already, and now we're forced to swallow advertisements and retard difficulty puzzles advertising some kind of Coca-Cola product or another. As if the movie theaters don't make enough money from selling hundreds of over-priced tickets, they rip us off with this shit to make even more money. WHY ARE WE ACCEPTING THIS? Don't answer that..its because we're lazy. We can always hope some activist starts a revolution.

Today's world sucks =|

Droid
Jun 22, 2003, 07:48 PM
Welcome to reality.

Sai-Yuk
Jun 22, 2003, 09:21 PM
with AIM at least you can always set your list to accept messages from buddies only. it stops me getting messages from whatever girl about her brilliant new xxx page at least.

edit: never try to make sense while intoxicated. or even spell right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sai-Yuk on 2003-06-22 19:22 ]</font>

Trickstr
Jun 23, 2003, 01:28 AM
I got this shit email the other day about a two inch penis enlarger i say piss off to advertising email!

Cerridwyn
Jul 12, 2003, 01:24 AM
Instant messenger isn't safe anymore either. I always got those messages that said something like, "Do you remember me? It's Jenny! Want to see me strip naked with six of my friends?"

Reenee
Jul 12, 2003, 01:38 AM
*in the tone of "Thanks, Jenny [Craig]"*

Thanks AOL.

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 05:07 AM
LordCronai wrote:
Fuck e-mail.
Telemarketers suck.

actually they're quite fun to mess with on the phone.

Ness
Jul 12, 2003, 07:13 AM
On 2003-07-11 23:24, Cerridwyn wrote:
Instant messenger isn't safe anymore either. I always got those messages that said something like, "Do you remember me? It's Jenny! Want to see me strip naked with six of my friends?"

I used to get those too, but they just stopped coming.

Creasian
Jul 12, 2003, 07:18 AM
Next time they call you asking if you want siding for your house or consolidate your debt or something.. just say this...

I LIVE IN A GOD DAMN CAVE

usually does the trick.

Logical2u
Jul 12, 2003, 07:24 AM
On 2003-07-12 05:18, Creasian wrote:
Next time they call you asking if you want siding for your house or consolidate your debt or something.. just say this...

I LIVE IN A GOD DAMN CAVE

usually does the trick.

Yes, but what if you get junkmail (or junkemail)?

Cerridwyn
Jul 12, 2003, 02:16 PM
Every now and then, telemarketers are fun. I used to be one, and some people would try to mess with my mind, or put thier kids on the phone, or talk to me for a few seconds and then 'magically' remember that they can't speak English.

War_Child
Jul 13, 2003, 07:25 AM
The best thing to do is hit on telemarketers regardless of gender. Make them feel wanted while justifying your own cause ;x

That is of course unless they start reacting positively to it, and treat your come-ons seriously. Then you run for the hills.

Ness
Jul 13, 2003, 07:32 AM
On 2003-07-12 05:24, Logical2u wrote:

Yes, but what if you get junkmail (or junkemail)?

http://maddox.xmission.com/junk_the_junk.html

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 13, 2003, 10:39 PM
i personally like telemarketers DONT KILL ME!!! I NEED TO FINISH!!!! i like them for 1 reason, their an excellent source of entertainment. screw with em! when they call u, scream really loud PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!!! AHHHHHHH! then hang up. or pretend they called taco bell or mcdonalds and your the only worker who cant speak english correctly. or pretend your a phone sex hotline. or repeat what they say. or one of my favorites is to try and sell THEM stuff that is stupid like your sock or a piece of lint for stupid prices (did anyone say 99.95 for a gum wraper) make them annoying you turn into a form of your own personal enjoyment!

Droxitr
Jul 13, 2003, 10:59 PM
Breathe into the phone loudly, and then tell them to hold on.

Put the phone down, back away, and do your best manical laugh as loud as you can.

Vanango
Jul 14, 2003, 01:49 PM
http://www.donotcall.gov/

The more advertising I see, the less I want to buy.

Arutha
Jul 18, 2003, 09:02 PM
wut u do is put them on hold for a sec, grab ur brother's spongebob alarm clock and let the alarm sing "F is for frolicking through all the flowers, U is for You and MEEEEE, N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea... Now u try it!..."

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 18, 2003, 10:27 PM
F is for friends who do stuff together u is for u and me EVERYBODY!!! N is for NYWhere and NYTIME AT ALL DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA!!!!!

Arutha
Jul 19, 2003, 09:17 AM
lol, "F is for fire that burn down the whole town U is for uranium... BOMBS! N is for No survIVOOOO-""No no no plankton, like this!..."

ok ok, enuf, well, id like 2 c the telemarketers stand that song. hehehe

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif <----- telemarketer

telemarkerter -----> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Vanango
Jul 19, 2003, 11:43 PM
your subject line and your actual topic were deceiving. Advertising making kids kill themselves working. Then you complained about spam? Then you sort of went back to what I thought you were going to rant about -- inflation, but then took a sharp turn.

I read it before and I read it again thinking the first time I was tired and missed something. I'm still missing something.

Your subject line made me think that all the advertising makes kids have to go out to work and get things. I'd agree to some extent but for younger kids a lot of them get so much from their parents. Oh well, I lost the point I was trying to make.

Arutha
Jul 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
On 2003-07-19 21:43, Vanango wrote:
your subject line and your actual topic were deceiving. Advertising making kids kill themselves working. Then you complained about spam? Then you sort of went back to what I thought you were going to rant about -- inflation, but then took a sharp turn.

I read it before and I read it again thinking the first time I was tired and missed something. I'm still missing something.

Your subject line made me think that all the advertising makes kids have to go out to work and get things. I'd agree to some extent but for younger kids a lot of them get so much from their parents. Oh well, I lost the point I was trying to make.

w/e, ive found new ways to annoy the heck out of telemarketers. evil telemarketers!

Artemidorus
Jul 21, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-06-22 16:14, LordCronai wrote:
[...]
While I'm ranting about advertisements, what the hell has happened to movie theaters? We pay way too fucking much to see the movie already, and now we're forced to swallow advertisements and retard difficulty puzzles advertising some kind of Coca-Cola product or another. As if the movie theaters don't make enough money from selling hundreds of over-priced tickets, they rip us off with this shit to make even more money. WHY ARE WE ACCEPTING THIS? Don't answer that..its because we're lazy. We can always hope some activist starts a revolution.
[...]

Well, the ticket prices go to the movie film businesses. Concession stand stuff like popcorn and soda are profit for the movie theatres.

I hate it when telemarketers think I'm a girl...
I hate "Jenny" IMing me to see her naked, now maybe if "Jeremy" IMed me...

I found out that somehow or other, if you give your name out on the net, people will start spamming your phone! My online name a long while ago was Philippe, and the other day I got some phone call from glamor shots wanting to take my senior picture! I was like, uh, I'm Todd, and I don't know who Philippe is, and besides, I'm a junior neway...

Vanango
Jul 22, 2003, 02:50 AM
On 2003-07-20 19:12, Arutha wrote:

On 2003-07-19 21:43, Vanango wrote:

w/e, ive found new ways to annoy the heck out of telemarketers. evil telemarketers!

Why are you attacking the telemarketers? They are just teenagers most of the time trying to make minimum wage. You're just making their lives harder when they are just trying to do their job. You realize you can just ask to be taken off their list and if you do it politely they actually will. Do you think you being rude to the company hurts them? All it does it frustrate the person who is just trying to make it through the day.

Yea, I don't like telemarketers either, they always seem to call during dinner but yelling at them doesn't help. It doesn't solve anything and hell, if you really piss them off, guess what? They have your telephone number. They can put your number in the queue 80 more times just to piss you off.

The people calling are *people* treat them like it. It's like calling up customer support or technical support and yelling at the person on the line for the crappy product. They are just trying to do their job and help. You'll get better service if you can explain what is going on. Want an example? A friend of mine joined NetFlicks and never received his movies. They were returned to the company. He had the free 2 week trial and was not charge -- no problem. They tried sending the same movies back to him but again, they he didn't receive it. However -- this was past the 2 week introductory period and he was charged for the movie. The movie was sent back through the mail and there was some sort of delay so then he gets an additional late charge.

He is upset and confused so he calls and cancels his account. No problems... until weeks later he gets his bill and there is another charge of something along the lines of 70 dollars on top of the original 36 some dollars. He is furious and too angry to call, swearing and in an awful mood. I make him give me all the account information and I call myself.

I explained that I was calling on behalf of him and that he was angry and just would have bitched. The person on the other line was extremely nice and said that the way I handled the call resulted in faster results. Those people aren't working star jobs and they deserve respect as well. Since this is the rants section, here's my rant: people that transfer their own anger upon others unjustifiably. I.E. you have a bad day and snap at your parent. Yea, it happens but that doesn't make it all right.

Arutha
Jul 22, 2003, 11:36 AM
well sometimes even if you do tell them to stop calling (politely I might add) they still call about 20 more times and you get even more frustrated.

Koent
Jul 23, 2003, 11:13 AM
You know, I don't even answer the door any more, because its usually some morman or somebody that's trying to convert me to their religion. I'll only answer the door if I'm in a good enough mood to say to them "Aren't you the religion that only 144,000 get into heaven?" And i'm not in that kind of mood very often at all. And some of their responses are great! Then, I'll take it a step further: They'll come up with some brilliant counter-point, and i'll ask them "Well, if i do convert to your religion, won't it suck if we're in line, and i'm the last person let in?" That always gets them. Most just about pass out because they never thought about it. Its not the nicest thing to do, but hey, Its entertainment...

To the guy that started this thread: You know, you can usually click on a link inside the e-mail that says 'unsubscribe' or something like that. That will remove you from the list. #2, watch your check boxes when you sign up for stuff. Many of the check boxes make you sign up for lists without knowing. Never check boxes under something labeled 'Intrests', that'll get you a whole bunch of spam.