PDA

View Full Version : Flaunted Sexuality and Ego.

Sai-Yuk
Jun 23, 2003, 04:33 PM
after so many days of thinking of complaining about the qaulity of cheese buns and other such inane topics, i've decided i'll be serious for once, and complain about something that really bothers me.

i don't care if you call me sexist, racist or whatever for this, as i'm saying it in general - everybody that does it sickens me, that while in part brought about by experiences a few years back, is also something that i, as an individual (intolerant and moody?) person maintain.

in short, i dislike people of all genders, skin tones, ages, religious affiliations and whatever else who have the nerve to say things such as "I'm a lesbian" or "i prefer men" just to stir a reaction from the opposite sex.

seeing so often people potraying themselves as something that they are not, making it clear that they are shallow and worthless individuals makes me wish that removing them from the gene pool was not just legal but a serious profession - root out the scum who seek to dilute the gene pool further with their idiocy and introduce them to a different type of passionate encounter. that with a metal bar. yes, i know that it is a strong way of putting this dislike of these people, but, having had to watch these worthless trolls for god knows how long, watch how women have men drooling over them like lap dogs and men have women fawning over them because they think they have a chance... it just makes me sick.

they won't admit that they are not truely the sexuality that they portray, as it would make them loose a portion of that appeal that they hold with the opposite sex, it would make them (*gasp*) less popular!

i'd prefer to be unpopular than to get down off my high horse and watch these people gather their legions of trolls about them. instinct may make people seek others out, like animals wanting a pack, but, this truely is disgusting behaviour. i remember a time when a few people hung around me, not because i was portraying myself as something i wasn't, but, because they had intelligence, because i had intelligence, and because we had similar interests. unfortunately, people part ways because of this and that (like moving away, no longer having means to keep in touch..) and that made me have to seek new friends out.

Online, people can portray themselves like this that little more easily, as people find the text more impersonal than they do the same words, and as such easier to respond to, but, while i spend more time online now than i used to, the 'creative community' that i was a part of (was being the word. it's full of trolls who simply want to have cyber sex) would be a brilliant example of this flauted use of sexuality. then again, it would also be a great place to go onto the next part of this topic. ego.

ego i also find really annoying, especially when people tie it in with sexuality, because people use it as an excuse to justify being so free with various people (one example springs to mind, of me out of my naïve curiosity asking a question to somebody, only to find out that they'd been with multiple others while 'with' me. they could never figure out why i hated them either, and then assumed that everything i said that could be taken as addressing them was a personal attack on them.)

when people feel that they must state things with the kind of wording you'd give to a child, as if they think you're incapable of understanding anything but the diminutive words that they break everything down into for you, when you question something that they've brought up because of its content, you wonder. i mean, if somebody wants to say "My sexual preference is no" then thats fine with me, but rubbing it in everybodies face, and then stating that they are a sex god/goddess and having the audacity to start ranting at anybody that points out that these two things don't quite fit together in the context they would be taken for... i know that this doesn't sound much like a mention of ego, but, without directly quoting peoples words, their ways of justifying what they say because their opinion clearly means more than that of somebody who can string more than ten words together without needing to put some horribly overused acronym like "stfu" to try and put the other person in their place a place thats obviously below them

i don't know. maybe nobody cares much for what i have to say, as badly as i have with how i can't think straight for lack of decent sleep, but, these things really bother me. i would much prefer a world filled with automatons than one filled with people that have no control over their loins or ego. i don't mind people who are true to who they are, or people who joke around with things like this, but, there is a difference between people joking and people using it as a pick up technique. i don't care if people think i'm being hypocritical by saying all this, in the way i have, i don't care if people disagree with me being so 'idealistic' with my want to keep away from certain types of people, but, everybody is individual, and while people say you should respect others, i truely can't find anything to respect about people that act like this so... publicly. okay, so the ego thing can never be avoided, but, the flaunting of sexuality, the way people do that could be kept out of public, and without being done by people who think they are the greatest thing since bread and cheese where baked together, when they can't actually do more than half a line at a time saying how damn hot they are, how great they are and how they love people of their gender.

i applogise for any offence this may cause to whoever may bother to read this rant.

Slicer238
Jun 23, 2003, 04:38 PM
gees you just sucked the fun out of life.

Asuka_chan
Jun 23, 2003, 05:36 PM
I agree with this. It's just people pretending to be something they're not to get attention, and to me that's really sad. I just wish sometimes that people would see that people can like them for who they are, not because they're "interesting" because they're homosexual.

Trickstr
Jun 24, 2003, 04:24 AM
something i'm concerned about is poeple insulting Homosexual people or using homosexual words for insults.

Wewt
Jun 25, 2003, 06:15 AM
Trend-whores. Love 'em.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 25, 2003, 10:49 AM
On 2003-06-24 02:24, Trickstr wrote:
something i'm concerned about is poeple insulting Homosexual people or using homosexual words for insults.

like the insult known as......"ur gay"
absolutely ignorant, absolutely.

polishedweasel
Jun 25, 2003, 01:56 PM
On 2003-06-25 08:49, Jehosaphaty wrote:

like the insult known as......"ur gay"
absolutely ignorant, absolutely.

But that's what we grew up using. we didn't actually mean that a person was gay, just that stupid wasn't cool to say anymore. I don't use gay as an insult. I call them something that I'd say when I was five, like dingaling. They get my point.

Sai-Yuk
Jun 25, 2003, 02:34 PM
In A Previous Episode, Trickstr wrote:

personally i have nothing against homosexual people. one of my best friends in college used to have a taste for men. never bothered me, though it scared the other guy we used to hang out with.

over here the word 'gay' usually gets used when somebody takes displeasure in something, like 'this advert is really gay' or whatever.

Once Upon A Time, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
Trend-whores. Love 'em.

i do hope that wasn't aimed at me.

Wewt
Jun 25, 2003, 10:18 PM
Not at all. It's aimed at quite a few of the people you have described in your original post.

Reece
Jun 25, 2003, 11:03 PM
your fucked up

JavaMoon
Jun 26, 2003, 03:16 AM
On 2003-06-25 21:03, Reece wrote:
your fucked up

So is your grammar. It's you're. Geez, when did people suddenly forget basic grammar and phonics?

Wewt
Jun 26, 2003, 05:41 AM
On 2003-06-26 01:16, JavaMoon wrote:
So is your grammar. It's you're. Geez, when did people suddenly forget basic grammar and phonics?

Never did. Just lazy and/or don't know basic shit.

Mystil
Jun 26, 2003, 06:37 AM
Ah...posers..they all should really die shouldn't they? But then this world would suck even more.

Ness
Jun 26, 2003, 06:48 AM
This is like my "Tying to be Different" Article I posted at PSOtakus and Shoties's. It's basically about people who alter themselves just to "rebel" or get attention. But that is beside the point.

I agree with you 100%.