PDA

View Full Version : Unthinking team 'mates'

Fuyu
Jun 24, 2003, 03:41 AM
Okay, this is a rant, and not a reasoned argunment. But I'm cross!

Been playing a low level FOnewearl for the last week or two, and currently at level 39. But in online games, almost every time, after supporting team mates through mines or ruins, someone has gone and triggered the boss while I've been off restocking on (expensive) difluids and the like.

Once was annoying. By the third time this happened, I was beginning to see red.

Recently, finally make it into meet Dark Falz (normal) at level 29 or so with people I've been supporting through ruins with resta and admittedly weak shifta and deband, as well as dealing some damage out. One team mate in particular has been going "HURRY HURRY" all the while while I'm restocking. Then after reversering the other characters a bunch, I get dropped by Falz and learn that ... no one has any moon atomizers. Not one.

When in my last online game, half the party ran off to battle Falz alone, I pretty much quit in disgust.

Out of perhaps 12 potential boss battles, I've seen only three! And one of them was that moon atomizer fiasco! In an online game where there isn't the time to refill TP with a heart weapon or the like, being an effective team Force gets really expensive. When no one leaves fluids, or offers funds, and then dumps you at the boss, it's enough to drive you offline.

GC PSO in Europe has only one ship, and only one block is ever populated. I guess it hasn't got much of a community here yet. Perhaps this behaviour will fade away in harder difficulty games, or perhaps it's just the effect of such a small group of players. Or perhaps my character smells or something.

Does this sort of thing commonly happen elsewhere? If so, why do people bother playing forces online?

ARGH!

Orange_Coconut
Jun 24, 2003, 03:44 AM
Some people treat forces with utter disrespect, but some don't. I have a Force character, and she seems to get her hits in.

I've never actually had someone go to the boss without me on purpose. I have had someone who was about to go without someone else because he was stalking up on fluids as well. He even did a timer...

Although some people love the game, I sometimes think people try to rush through it too much, y'know?

phasma
Jun 24, 2003, 04:05 AM
GC PSO in Europe has only one ship, and only one block is ever populated. I guess it hasn't got much of a community here yet. Perhaps this behaviour will fade away in harder difficulty games, or perhaps it's just the effect of such a small group of players.

i'm in the UK, with a UK copy of gcpso, and whenever i go online there's more EU ships that US... hahaha but you're right about only one ever being populated

such a pity it's always full of pillocks and cretinous traders.. filthy EU players *shudders*

BrokenHope
Jun 24, 2003, 06:46 AM
On 2003-06-24 01:41, Fuyu wrote:
Okay, this is a rant, and not a reasoned argunment. But I'm cross!

Been playing a low level FOnewearl for the last week or two, and currently at level 39. But in online games, almost every time, after supporting team mates through mines or ruins, someone has gone and triggered the boss while I've been off restocking on (expensive) difluids and the like.

Once was annoying. By the third time this happened, I was beginning to see red.

Recently, finally make it into meet Dark Falz (normal) at level 29 or so with people I've been supporting through ruins with resta and admittedly weak shifta and deband, as well as dealing some damage out. One team mate in particular has been going "HURRY HURRY" all the while while I'm restocking. Then after reversering the other characters a bunch, I get dropped by Falz and learn that ... no one has any moon atomizers. Not one.

When in my last online game, half the party ran off to battle Falz alone, I pretty much quit in disgust.

Out of perhaps 12 potential boss battles, I've seen only three! And one of them was that moon atomizer fiasco! In an online game where there isn't the time to refill TP with a heart weapon or the like, being an effective team Force gets really expensive. When no one leaves fluids, or offers funds, and then dumps you at the boss, it's enough to drive you offline.

GC PSO in Europe has only one ship, and only one block is ever populated. I guess it hasn't got much of a community here yet. Perhaps this behaviour will fade away in harder difficulty games, or perhaps it's just the effect of such a small group of players. Or perhaps my character smells or something.

Does this sort of thing commonly happen elsewhere? If so, why do people bother playing forces online?

ARGH!

Hold B on your controller when you start pso, you're playing in 50hz mode hence the reason you only have 1 ship.

Mystil
Jun 24, 2003, 12:59 PM
Yes, I have been in a situation very similar to yours. It gets better in later levels. Before Ult, everyone is mostly boss boss boss, come on! hurry! Activate teleporter! NOw! WOOOSH! You come back from p2! The red warp thingy is gone, you have 5 seconds then! Your heart is pumping! Did I make it?

Nope.

and as a Force...well, FO's life is pretty shitty to say the least. Mine is...heh...The most underappreciated class. To sympathize..this RAcast I played with demanded that we buy moons and drop them, while he buys none. We did, and we died but forgot to drop them. And yeah he had no moons.

Heres a tip...

If YOU are in a game and you are ready for boss. And one of them is impatiant and activated teleporter, with you in it. And leaves the others. Don't support him. Hell, just die and go back to p2.

Why support a selfuish player.

Vanango
Jun 25, 2003, 01:27 AM
well if you want you can play with me. I'm nice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fuyu
Jul 6, 2003, 09:08 AM
On 2003-06-24 04:46, Broken Hope wrote:
Hold B on your controller when you start pso, you're playing in 50hz mode hence the reason you only have 1 ship.

Ah, thanks heaps! Don't I feel dumb!

Either people are nicer in 60 Hz land, or I've just been much much luckier since switching http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Plus there's less eye-strain, yay!

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 6, 2003, 11:49 AM
On 2003-07-06 07:08, Fuyu wrote:

On 2003-06-24 04:46, Broken Hope wrote:

Ah, thanks heaps! Don't I feel dumb!

Either people are nicer in 60 Hz land, or I've just been much much luckier since switching http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Plus there's less eye-strain, yay!

Wait a tick...whats this stuff yuor talking about.. 50, 60??

Elentari
Jul 6, 2003, 04:15 PM
Ive had people leave for the boss with out me a buncha times, whether I'm a FO or not. Whats really great though is when they all die...and they cant beat the boss. Mwhahah very amusing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Gets better every time

saffaya
Jul 6, 2003, 05:39 PM
Wait a tick...whats this stuff yuor talking about.. 50, 60??

TV systems in Europe : PAL, SECAM both are at 50Hz framerate.
TV systems in Us, Japan : NTSC, 60 Hz framerate.

Most TV in Europe will accept an overclocked 60Hz PAL signal, except older ones that will only take a 50Hz one.

50Hz and 60Hz PSO cannot play together. Hence 50Hz PSO has its own alone ship.

clear enough ?

On a side note, European GC are screwed as they cannot output a progressive signal.

Atax
Jul 7, 2003, 05:48 AM
Technically 60Hz PAL is NTSC with PAL's colour coding.

Wewt
Jul 7, 2003, 06:00 AM
Short version of everything: Sucks to be a gamer and live in PAL regions, which do include Europe and Australia.