PDA

View Full Version : HUmar stereotypes.

LordCronai
Jun 24, 2003, 08:53 PM
I am REALLY sick of this. Today I was playing in a legit game, when this RAcaseal comes in and starts bitching about how legits suck. I told her to please shut up and play (I don't care if she uses dupes, I just play legit out of pure boredom on PSO). Then she starts bitching about how all HUmars are noobs. She then goes on to say how my weapon sucks and my MAG (Asparas, which is a much better MAG than the hamburger she was carrying round-she clearly didn't know jack shit about MAGs).
I'm sick of everyone and their generalization of HUmars in how they are one or the other:
-A duper/dupee
-A noob
-A whiner
-A rude person (I am only rude if I'm talking to someone I hate =p)
I am none of these (though I wouldn't be ashamed to use dupes or dupe-once again, I play legit for fun).
My Asparas MAG, it has the L50 PB of Estlla (which is the best physical PB, in my opinion)-plus all the abilities of Sato (invincibility in every category and reverser on death), AND with dimates you can raise POW without raising DEF-very convenient. Asparas is an excellent MAG. Don't question it. =P
But, on the topic. HUmars are a very underrated class! They have the highest ATP except for HUcast-but HUcasts don't have the necessity of Resta, because Hunters very frequently need healing. This makes them the best Hunter class in my opinion, and I can say for myself that I've tried them all. They get a horrible name thanks to racists/nazis/whiners/cheaters/rude people/you name it, which is a waste of one of the best classes in the game. I wish more people would just accept that some HUmars can be good people!
So, if you ever see my HUmar walking around, please don't stereotype it right away. =|

Getintothegame
Jun 24, 2003, 10:28 PM
Its a sad thing, but some of the HUmars on the game are something like that and created that for themselves and other HUmar PSO players.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 24, 2003, 10:36 PM
I like how every(stereotype) HUmar has the same spikey hair, and the black costume... or the trunks hair..Thats why I had a completly diffrent costume when I played as a HUmar, And noone said anything about me being a noob or a duper(event though I used dupes), My main weapon was a Yami and people didnt care at all.

Daikarin
Jun 25, 2003, 07:20 AM
On 2003-06-24 18:53, LordCronai wrote:
I wish more people would just accept that some HUmars can be good people!

*Closes eyes and feels holy light all around him, as the angels sing "Hallellujah" everywhere*

T-T

Indeed. People automatically assume HUmars are all the same too much. That's the same as racism.

But that's already been discussed earlier, right? ._.

Shimarisu
Jun 25, 2003, 07:30 AM
*sigh*

My best friend online is a HUmar. And he's been playing since the DC version. He's also one of the nicest people I've ever 'met'.

I don't get all this HUmar stereotyping either. Not when it involves ANY of them, not just my friend. It's really beyond me, because...

1. There is no great proliferation of HUmars on PSO. There are more of them than the other classes, but NO WAY is it even remotely the majority that everyone claims it to be. I've spotted a LOT more FOmars of late.

2. Everyone dupes. Please stop kidding yourselves people, that it is just HUmars. It's not, and not only that - HUmars dupe NO MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. There are just more of them to blame. In fact, I know way more dupers who are RAs than HUs. This may be a complete coincidence, and I'm not here to class bash.

3. In the past week of playing I have spotted ONE, count em, ONE HUmar named 'Goku'. Out of thousands of HUmars I've no doubt spotted in lobbies.
I've also spotted a FOmar called Link and others besides named after popular icons.

4. BKB is less annoying than a RAmar with Spread needle firing and killing EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM before you get to it, or a twinked FO doing same with level 30 magic. So what's the big freaking deal about BKB? I only hate it because it's usually a dupe, like I hate all the other dupes out there.

I don't know where you people are coming from, at all, really - it is not half as bad as you say. So I assume it must be some "Hate HUmars" campaign carried over from the DC days. I never played then, so I don't know how bad the HUmar:other classes ratio was.

- Shimarisu

LordCronai
Jun 25, 2003, 11:37 AM
I fully understand that probably 80% of HUmars are dipshits in which PSO would be better without. I am simply saying not to judge a HUmar before you know them, duper or not (some of the nicest people I know play with dupes).
After all, its not the good HUmar population's fault that HUmars are the first class on the character creation list, which is part of what makes it so popular with any person who doesn't put any thought into creating a character. I personally put in a lot of research and experimenting with the PC trial on picking a class before I bought PSOGC and selected HUmar.

Ness
Jun 26, 2003, 12:38 PM
I'm tired of all these "HUmars Suck" and "Leave HUmars alone" threads!

If you don't like a certain class than keep you damn mouth shut! Do you think anyone cares about why you think RAmars are the devil or why HUmars are n00bs? No!

I for one like HUmars, but there are classes that I don't like. Am I going to go around making threads about why those classes suck? No! Am I going to hate all the people in that class? No! Am I going to go around insulting them and excluding them? No! People really need to just let things be! After all, it's just a game.

LordCronai
Jun 26, 2003, 02:15 PM
Arr. Link me to one other "Leave HUmars Alone" thread and I'll be satisfied.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 26, 2003, 02:35 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=49636&forum=11

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=49775&forum=11

o/~ Sweet little bumblebee I know what you want from me o/~

Damn Senkir for getting this DDR song stuck in my head.

But there's your links.

LordCronai
Jun 26, 2003, 02:44 PM
The first one isn't a "Leave HUmars alone" link, its a "Leave me alone, HUmars" link. The second one comes from someone who named his character after someone FFVII...but I guess it counts.

Damn you. =|

Kid_Icarus
Jun 26, 2003, 02:53 PM
On 2003-06-26 12:44, LordCronai wrote:
The first one isn't a "Leave HUmars alone" link, its a "Leave me alone, HUmars" link. The second one comes from someone who named his character after someone FFVII...but I guess it counts.

Damn you. =|

n_n

You're so appriciative. SEE IF I LOOK FOR ANYTHING FOR YOU AGAIN
*runs away crying*
;_;

LordCronai
Jun 26, 2003, 05:12 PM
Don't forget to jump off a building! ^_^...I mean, thanks.

Logical2u
Jun 30, 2003, 11:09 AM
On 2003-06-24 18:53, LordCronai wrote:
I'm sick of everyone and their generalization of HUmars in how they are one or the other:
-A duper/dupee
-A noob
-A whiner
-A rude person (I am only rude if I'm talking to someone I hate =p)

I hate to say it, but most Humars with those duped BKBS run around on Normal at level 2 or run around on VHard at level 40. Also known as getting killed alo, whining because they are dead and they want S/D and resta from the forces (sometimes uber twinked/duped as well).
But most Humars have drifted into oblivion since Hucasts have much more power and n00bs want to use them instead. And uber twinked Humars often give the old stuff to a Hucast (because why else would a level 10 hucast have a stag cuttlery?).

I dont believe in this nonsense. My Humar is given LEGITly purchased/found items. and plenty of meseta from my Ramar. Then I go online and a Freakin HUCAST KILLS EVERYTHING AND I WANT TO REACH THROUGH THE SCREEN AND THROTTLE THE PERSON ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif ARGGGH!

my humar isnt 1, 2, 3, or 4 unless some racist/sexist/swearer/duper/hacker is in the game.

And HUCASTS dont need resta or shifta or deband. Sinow Gold's Arms have S/D and all Casts have autorepair.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2003-06-30 09:11 ]</font>

Davion
Jun 30, 2003, 12:58 PM
I think you mean S-Reds, Logical2u.

EDIT: And standing still in the heat of battle to heal yourself isn't a good idea. The S-reds only cast level 3 shifta and deband, so they're NOTHING compared to a good level 30 or even 15. Of course, casts don't NEED resta and shifta and deband, but auto repair and S-reds are nothing like their human and newman counterparts.

I play as tall Humar with the scarface, blonde hair in the ponytail, and the black outfit. I don't give a rodent's hindquarters if there are tons of crappy humars that look just like me. I play as a HUmar because I like the stats and the character overall.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Davion on 2003-06-30 11:00 ]</font>

Whitey
Jun 30, 2003, 03:58 PM
If you don't like a certain class than keep you damn mouth shut! Do you think anyone cares about why you think RAmars are the devil or why HUmars are n00bs? No!

I for one like HUmars, but there are classes that I don't like. Am I going to go around making threads about why those classes suck? No! Am I going to hate all the people in that class? No! Am I going to go around insulting them and excluding them? No! People really need to just let things be! After all, it's just a game.
IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME A MATURE PERSON CAME OUT AND SAID WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID! Cudos to you my friend, you got my respect.

Ness
Jun 30, 2003, 06:14 PM
On 2003-06-30 13:58, Whitey wrote:

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME A MATURE PERSON CAME OUT AND SAID WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID! Cudos to you my friend, you got my respect.

That was me!!! I have respect!!!

Vantamiath
Jun 30, 2003, 07:06 PM
On 2003-06-30 16:14, Ness wrote:

That was me!!! I have respect!!!

Hold onto it like a crapping bird.

Mizu
Jun 30, 2003, 08:54 PM
I've never had any problems with HUmars. Well, except for maybe a few. But I've noticed alot of Ultimate games that already has 3 HUmars in it (never HUcast, HUcaseal, HUnewearl) and so I join, I go down the telepipe, and next thing you know, they're all yelling at me for being a FOnewearl. But I just take off my headset and perform my lil middle finger symbol to piss them off further. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reenee
Jun 30, 2003, 10:19 PM
Just stay quiet or giggle uncontrollably.

Davion
Jul 1, 2003, 12:44 AM
On 2003-06-30 18:54, Mizu wrote:
I've never had any problems with HUmars. Well, except for maybe a few. But I've noticed alot of Ultimate games that already has 3 HUmars in it (never HUcast, HUcaseal, HUnewearl) and so I join, I go down the telepipe, and next thing you know, they're all yelling at me for being a FOnewearl. But I just take off my headset and perform my lil middle finger symbol to piss them off further. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

3 HUmars angry at a force? I've never heard of this crazyness. What moronic fools wouldn't want a force around to give support? What level were the HUmars, and what level were you?

IceBlink
Jul 1, 2003, 08:11 AM
I'm the only rose-carrying, red partisan using, Apsaras-equiping HUmar I know of who uses the original white and the Battosai hairdo in green. ;_;

http://ranko.anifics.com/misc/roses.jpg

LordCronai
Jul 1, 2003, 08:29 AM
Don't feel too bad, I use the original white suit and equip Apsaras too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
I really wanted dreadlocks for hair, but that's not an option. Damn. =|

Ness
Jul 1, 2003, 09:30 AM
On 2003-06-30 22:44, Davion wrote:

On 2003-06-30 18:54, Mizu wrote:

3 HUmars angry at a force? I've never heard of this crazyness. What moronic fools wouldn't want a force around to give support? What level were the HUmars, and what level were you?

Yeah really. Whenever a froce enters one of my games, I start cheering.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 1, 2003, 09:45 AM
i think the comment of its just a game was well-placed; however, haha theres always a but or however, as it is a game, there are certain aspects that people will always complain about. in hindsight, just play, and have fun. if people stereotype u, then prove them wrong to have lumped u with the hoards of idoit hunters out there. yee haw.... play on and most importantly have fun.

Mystil
Jul 1, 2003, 02:03 PM
I thank Humars for giving my FOnewearl the respect that she rarely got from the other classes, a sad truth. Plain and simple. I don't care what my friends say about HUmars, or what other people say. They made my time as a Force fun- avoided, HUnewearl/RAmar/RAmarl/FOmar(usual clases that diss my FO) apathy by playing with the HUmars mostly. All that stress, avoided... Though I'm not in the posistion to tell you people that shouldnt 'hate' any class.

All I got to say is quit looking at the bad. There are many good humars out there. Quit looking at the bad in any class. There are lots of nice respectful players out there. It is frustrating when you end up running into the bad apples.

All this pointless hate. Blah...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-07-01 12:03 ]</font>

Morfos
Jul 1, 2003, 09:48 PM
Isn't it odd though, how people complain about those who stereotype HUmars, go and make a topic about how terrible FOnewearls are, even though they are the most peaceful players? Sounds weird.

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2003, 09:56 PM
I'm boring. Both my HUmars have the same costume(Last one in the first row, dark grey with red accents). They even both have green eyes. One is uber-pale with dark brown hair in the samurai-looking ponytail and the second face, though, and the other has the second darkest skin, hot pink hair in a braid and the fourth face. Sometimes I put him in the second row white costume, though. Ian-Kun X(the first one) uses a hot pink Rati named Fluffy. Fluffy , the other one, uses an off-white Rudra. People would probably roll their eyes at Fluffy less. And yes, Fluffy is indeed designed to look like what Ian-Kun X's Mag would look like as a human. I am so boring.

And I'd sure as hell support and take care of any FO who joined a game with me and supported the team if I could get online. I have FOs, and I -know- how fast those Fluids go, and how expensive they are. I'd carry Trifluids to drop and meseta for buying more. It's nothing to me, I buy the occasional Difluid if I actually have to use one between piping up to P2 to sell stuff, but otherwise my expenses consist of Mag food if I'm raising one and the 10 meseta at the medical centre... HUmars have cheap lives.