PDA

View Full Version : My Ragnarok Online rant..see what's inside!!

polishedweasel
Jun 25, 2003, 03:33 AM
Well now I've been playin iRO for about 3 weeks now. It's got alot of depth to it. There is no character corruption, no mass duping, no hacking...until a few days ago. Seems somebody hacked into the main server and started messing up people's stuff. People loggin onto characterless screens and itemless characters. So...the way the GM(game masters) decide to combat this problem is to rollback the servers to June 19th at about 8AM.(before this all happened)

So now the people that have been doing extensive leveling(me) and gettin all kinds of money(me) and finding all kinds of new rares(me) has lost all of his progress over the last 5 days.(about 35 hours) I had alot of free time.

Now I wrote a long letter iRO gm team about my complaints, and about how close I am to quitting. Perhaps if they get enough of these letters, they'll consider not doing that again. They need another way to aleiviate the problems, instead of rollling everything back and making everyone happy. But that's not how things really are. People are not happy that the servers got rolled back...again...this is the third time the servers have been rolled back on me...I've only been playing for a few weeks too. Oh well, any fellow iRO players out there?

LollipopLolita
Jun 25, 2003, 03:39 AM
uhm, it's ro...

that should say enough

Shattered_weasel
Jun 25, 2003, 07:07 AM
well I have made my new and very intellegent dissision.....that RO wasnt hacked at all. maybe they really need to have ur password and all that stuff but hell who knows.

Reenee
Jun 25, 2003, 09:43 AM
I should note that a mass exploit had just occurred and that many users' account info was leaked. It happened because the servers were poorly secured. A friend of mine is thinking of returning to PSO because of the bad services anyways.

I've heard RO is just PSO with even less storyline. =S

polishedweasel
Jun 25, 2003, 01:45 PM
I'm also thinking of taking this path...but PSO?? ug...not again...wah. Guess I'll get to lv 200 now.

Vars
Jun 25, 2003, 03:36 PM
the servers have been down for a few days now because of a major security hack

peoples' usernames/passwords, personal info, and credit card information were made public. no choice but to shut the game down temporarily.

id rather have 12 yr old kids that dupe, then have some korean guy buy crap with my credit card number

LollipopLolita
Jun 25, 2003, 04:22 PM
ro has always had his share of recurrring problems and server restores.

played ro before, it was too boring, too redundant, too repetitive too simple. i'm more the UO type

Kid_Icarus
Jun 25, 2003, 05:01 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/ragnarokonline/news_6030496.html
^
Here's the story from Gamespot

I wouldn't be surpised if Gravity packs up and goes back to Korea. I mean they have the subscriber's money, what else would they need?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kid_Icarus on 2003-06-25 15:02 ]</font>

Kasera
Jun 25, 2003, 05:04 PM
15 year old kids are doing on Private Servers what Gravity won't do for iRO. Enough said about what Gravity thinks of your US dollar and your little problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kasera on 2003-06-25 15:06 ]</font>

kat
Jun 25, 2003, 05:58 PM
I played RO for a few days before it went paid... and I was _bored_ wandering in a forest trying to hit things with a dagger for hours on end... When the paid day came, I didn't bother subscribing. At least leveling with PSO is more fun!

The one positive thing was their communication ability with the keyboard on your computer (mine came a bit damaged from codejunkies and has a short). Oh, yeah, and summoning in town and stuff is just fun to think about...

polishedweasel
Jun 26, 2003, 06:17 AM
On 2003-06-25 15:58, kat wrote:
I played RO for a few days before it went paid... and I was _bored_ wandering in a forest trying to hit things with a dagger for hours on end... When the paid day came, I didn't bother subscribing. At least leveling with PSO is more fun!

The one positive thing was their communication ability with the keyboard on your computer (mine came a bit damaged from codejunkies and has a short). Oh, yeah, and summoning in town and stuff is just fun to think about...

Yeah using dead branches in town is fun...I don't have the money to do that but whatever. I got my bot on right now, trying to make up for lost time. but from the looks of it, the bot's pretty stupid. Keeps dying. Anyway, let me get my char to where it needs to go before I die again.

Shattered_weasel
Jun 27, 2003, 11:04 AM
stoopid botter. What is this world comming to

polishedweasel
Jun 27, 2003, 12:32 PM
On 2003-06-27 09:04, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Hey STFU n00b!! You're using the same bot I am. Ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Davion
Jun 27, 2003, 12:48 PM
On 2003-06-27 10:32, polishedweasel wrote:

Hey STFU n00b!! You're using the same bot I am. Ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A tale of two weasels...

Shattered_weasel
Jun 27, 2003, 02:34 PM
BELOW ME

Kasera
Jun 27, 2003, 04:44 PM
This post is below yours. You are correct!

Kid_Icarus
Jun 27, 2003, 04:51 PM
Mood: I feel like a Kuala craped a rainbow in my head

o_o;;;;;;---^

Anyway, if anything RO can teach you is don't play MMORPG's that the main company doesn't give a shit about. Oh wait PSO >_>

And to back up databases. I mean come on if you're gonna steal them might as well back them up right?

Kasera
Jun 27, 2003, 04:53 PM
RO isn't an MMORPG, it's a pretty chat room.

polishedweasel
Jun 27, 2003, 10:48 PM
On 2003-06-27 10:48, Davion wrote:

On 2003-06-27 10:32, polishedweasel wrote:

A tale of two weasels...

lol...no, we're practically neighbors. He lives down the road from me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shattered_weasel
Jun 27, 2003, 10:49 PM
never met him in my life *click*

Nasir_II
Jun 28, 2003, 10:52 AM
RO - worst MMORPG i've ever played. Hell, the GMs cant even speak english, the translation is shitty, and people are constantly hacking and corrupting chars and servers. I'd rather level another DAoC char to 50 than play RO for another 10 minutes.

Shattered_weasel
Jun 28, 2003, 06:58 PM
RO SUCK?????? pikachu use confusion attack....OK first off what does it matter if the translation is crappy. Its crappy in a funny way(I used lightening bolt on a snail). and the GMs do speak english i held a conversation with one a week ago. And there are to many hackers??? i have heard of one after my extensive research and that was the one that happened this time. The only thing there is is botters and thats just like dupers on PSO. And since when was the translation, the english speaking GMs and the botters make a game crappy!

Khyros
Jun 29, 2003, 11:33 PM
I play RO on the Chaos server, and, well, I'm pissed about the rollback, yes, I lost over a million zeny and a romantic gent (a hat worth about a million more) but I'm not discouraged. I climbed my way to level 42 already, and I just started my own guild, too. If anyone wants to talk on RO, my character's name is Vaelyn, btw.

Nasir_II
Jun 30, 2003, 08:05 AM
And since when was the translation, the english speaking GMs and the botters make a game crappy!

Ever since I could pay the same amount and get a game 50x better. A game in real english, no hacks/cheats/bots whatever you want to call them, real out/in game support and GMs, a game without rollbacks every two days because they dont have enough security on their servers to protect the player base's personal info. Dont you think if your paying for something, you should get the best? Im not sure how many other mmorpgs you have played but if RO is the only experiance you have, you know nothing.

KodiaX987
Jul 4, 2003, 10:26 AM
RO has been hacked to death since the Alpha version. Hell, it's free, so people can do as many accounts as they wish and come back again and again if they get deleted.

KODIAX 987'S PRINCIPLES OF MMORPGS:

It will be hacked.
It will be unplaybale.
It will go all out on graphics and suck at gameplay.
The company will be non-American and thus will use a first language other than English.
There will be at least one organization entirely devoted to screwing up the game and making hacks for it.
Legit players will suffer, because the bots are too fast, and the rares they find aren't rare anymore and thus worthless.

On the RO Free Beta, I played a Merchant. After several months of extensive playing, all I managed to earn was a Chain Mail, a Buckler, a good axe, boots, and about 15,000 Zeny. Around me were people with tons of Bunny Ears and Cat Ears, and about half the people I knew on forums had over 100,000 Zeny, and one fifth of them having over 500,000. Just goes to say that legit and luck don't go well together...

Soren
Jul 5, 2003, 02:44 AM
meh. I got into RO less than a week from when it "officially" went paid. I liked it, and I still like pso. The rollbacks are just a part of ro, just like ksers and idiots. IT may sound cold, but there isnt much you can do about it....

polishedweasel
Jul 5, 2003, 03:02 AM
he he as of right now I have about 900,000 zeny that I've madee over the last day or two and I bought a clip(650K) and Emperium(670k with shatteredweasel's help) two days ago. Botting sure pays off...
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif My respsonse to rolling back my characters. Go me!!