PDA

View Full Version : popularity

Trickstr
Jun 27, 2003, 01:46 AM
I'm sick of it, having to be "COOL", cool is just for ,swears, listens to swearing music, obsesed with skating and baging everyone who isn't "COOL". Cool people have the fact that I'm not cool imprinted in their minds they also hate me. I hate the friggin word "COOL" the dictoinary definition of the word is: become or make cooler, or, calm down so were did "COOL" come from? I'm sick of it I will never be "COOL" which is for the best

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trickstr on 2003-06-26 23:50 ]</font>

Dime
Jun 27, 2003, 02:36 AM
OMG DID U HEER WOT BECKIE DID YESTURDAY?

MasterJoel
Jun 27, 2003, 10:59 AM
On 2003-06-26 23:46, Trickstr wrote:
I'm sick of it, having to be "COOL", cool is just for ,swears, listens to swearing music, obsesed with skating and baging everyone who isn't "COOL". Cool people have the fact that I'm not cool imprinted in their minds they also hate me. I hate the friggin word "COOL" the dictoinary definition of the word is: become or make cooler, or, calm down so were did "COOL" come from? I'm sick of it I will never be "COOL" which is for the best.

yeah, i was never cool either... except i live in a fairly rich neighborhood, so if you are on a skateboard, you suck; you must drive a car. if you don't wear abercrombie or the gap, you suck. and although i never did do the entire skateboard thing, i was never cool either because i like less expensive clothes and didn't like the "popular" music... and i was too smart and eccentric... i don't think you can be popular if you wear a sombrero to school for no reason... it was from freakin' spain, i love my hat! anyhow, things are way different where i go to school now. i don't know if this is the way at all colleges (i go to a private art school, culinary department [i love my uniform]), but there are no popular or unpopular and everyone gets along. i'm sure you can be "cool" after high school, lol.

Ness
Jun 27, 2003, 11:02 AM
Is this International Whining Month or something? I swear I've seen more rants made recently than in anyother time during the year.

Kasera
Jun 27, 2003, 11:51 AM
On 2003-06-27 08:59, MasterJoel wrote:
i'm sure you can be "cool" after high school, lol.

You'd be surprised how many people I've seen who are fresh out of school who think that life's just how high school was, then life comes along and bites them on the ass a few times with pregnancy, unemployment, so on so on so forth. Usually it's the "cooler" kids in school who end up this way too n_n

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kasera on 2003-06-27 09:51 ]</font>

Daikarin
Jun 27, 2003, 12:05 PM
"Cool" is a definition that can only come from yourself. You don't need others telling you whether you're cool or not. Otherwise you'll go nuts.

No, I'm not kidding.

The_Leprechaun
Jun 27, 2003, 12:35 PM
if u dun like the word cool, how about "tight" "filthy" "da bomb" "G-Qish" "flossin" or all those other crap words...ok heres my least favorit of all those words "normal" what exactly is "normal?" i'll tell you what it is, its the damn media teling us what we should wear, what we should talk like, act like, listen to....while the entire time, destroying our self-images and poluuting our mind with having to be "perfect" just another little rant i'm making

Mystil
Jun 27, 2003, 01:23 PM
Like WWWWWWWWWWW's topic on normality. Being cool is how you feel about yourself. If someone else don't think you're cool, too bad for them. Trying to be cool is an easy mask to see through anyhow.

Vanango
Jun 27, 2003, 01:50 PM
being "cool" is all relative.

Harvey Fierstein once said:

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

people that are so [overly] concerned about how others perceive them are sad, people that are sheep and follow in their example are worse. I think those people that can think for themselves and be themselves are the coolest people of all.

Belittling other people or being condescending doesn't make a person cool, it just proves their insecurity. People that do things purely for other people's reactions and try to make themselves seem unique and different and eccentric, they aren't cool either.

That's just my option though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You can form your own.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 27, 2003, 01:51 PM
I'm not cool and I never will be.

People like me anyway so I could care less about anything else.

LollipopLolita
Jun 27, 2003, 02:06 PM
who the f*** cares. just go do your own thing. why do you have to be concerned about what other people do

*kicks kid*

xovinu
Jun 27, 2003, 05:06 PM
Screw it, once you get past highschool it doesn't matter anymore. There will be a few that still have that "cool" mentality, but they're generally considered assclowns by the rest of society. Otherwise the rest are still a bunch of bastards, but atleast they have the decency to show their true colors only when you're not around.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 27, 2003, 05:12 PM
On 2003-06-27 12:06, LollipopLolita wrote:
who the f*** cares. just go do your own thing. why do you have to be concerned about what other people do

*kicks kid*

Why do you?

*boots lolita in the butt and runs*

Jehosaphaty
Jun 27, 2003, 05:13 PM
*shakes Lollis hand*

well said, who gives a crap. i mean sure conformality, if thats even a word, sucks, but hay thats life. be ur own cool....yee haw

Trickstr
Jun 27, 2003, 06:25 PM
O_o I don't think I'm cool and Im' glad also I can count my freinds on one hand half of the time they piss me off the other half I piss them off, lifes just like that

Mizu
Jun 27, 2003, 07:29 PM
I don't care about that stuff, I ignore. But if someone starts sayin shit about you in front of you, dont lose your temper and think of a way to tell them off of what they just said to you, if it was about someone dead, and you love them, beat the crap out of them. You wont get in trouble with the teachers, they were provoking you.

Trickstr
Jun 27, 2003, 07:37 PM
lol another problem trickstr is weak.

Mizu
Jun 27, 2003, 07:43 PM
Grab a weapon if you need to, but don't do serious damage that might put charges against you, just beat them till they're unconscience. (spelling)

The_Leprechaun
Jun 27, 2003, 07:51 PM
its unconscious...i thought u just graduated from 8th grade...oh wellz coolness is in the eye of the beholder, and while its all good being your own person and all, reality is, it can get pretty lonely when you dont "fit in" but that only lasts a little while, because then people accept you for who you are, and respect you for staying true to yourself, at least thats what happened to me, now what i am is considered "cool" by my peers and while this may sound like some sort of self-delusion, its not, if u can handle the first period which can last a while (3 yrs for me) then go ahead and be yourself, b/c the rewards will be that much sweeter

Trickstr
Jun 27, 2003, 07:54 PM
On 2003-06-27 17:43, Mizu wrote:
Grab a weapon if you need to, but don't do serious damage that might put charges against you, just beat them till they're unconscience. (spelling)

un con science so yuor reesearching how to stop cons are you?,
some people are animals i keep away from animals

Orange_Coconut
Jun 28, 2003, 12:15 AM
I must say, thanks to the people who consider themselves "cool", I am who I am today. They have shaped me in a way that could not have been done if I had not been so let down by their insults.

Well, it's not cool to badger others about how they look or what they wear, that's just being obnoxious.

I remember when I used to be more outgoing and I tried to fit in as hard as I could. But I realised the only reason why I was around was to be the cetner of all of the pranks and/or jokes. People just loved making fun of that fact that I was short. In fact, it's sad to say that many people still make fun of me for that reason.

I'm not tall, no. But who cares? If you judge people by how they look and not by their perswonality then you could be missing out on one of the most interesting people in the world. It's easy for people to take advantage of you if you let them, unfortunately that's what I did.

Now I remain secluded from many people in my town. The worst is when a teacher or a parent even makes fun of you, I've been called a midget by the music teacher. It's not about being "cool", it's about being who you are and remaining true to yourself.

Reece
Jun 28, 2003, 02:02 AM
Stop saying shit bout popular people. I am popular and have always been. Alot of you could be also. I never go to school and say oh yea I got the new Pokemon game yesterday and I don't talk bout Anime cause thats just nerdy. ALot of gamers are nerds. But don't cry about it. It's your fault you were or are a loser. face it your never gonna get the hot girls if you talk bout your Anime or Games all the time. Sure guys love games and talk bout it, but we also play sports and like girls. Alot of you sit on the computer on in front of your gaming syustem and play PSO all day. NOw thats nerdy

The_Leprechaun
Jun 28, 2003, 02:15 AM
actually reece ur wrong about one thing...were not talking shit about popular people, heck i'd be talking shit about myself...we are talking shit about this image of "cool", and reece in the end the nerdy guys make billions in the computer industy, then end up marrying supermodels... i may sit in fron of my computer, andi may play PSO, but that comes 2nd to my life, summer is boring and i find ways to fill the time, most of my friends work full times, or work 2 jobs to be able to pay for college next year, so i have to amuse myself until they get off work...and its not like im proud tha i have logged in over 130 hours on PSO in the last 3 weeks, no i am not proud i do not go around saying guess what laura, amanda, christina (3 hot friends) i;ve played PSO for 130 hours....it something to do to pass the time.

we aren;t talking shit about popular people

you shouldn;t talk shit about nerdy people

popularity comes and goes, u could be uprootted an moved at any time...dadyy gets a transfer, etc then suddenly ur the loser at ur new hometown...its all relative...

damnit i hate typing...i need sleep

LollipopLolita
Jun 28, 2003, 03:28 AM
arguments in rants forums are always so ad hominem.

Mystil
Jun 28, 2003, 11:33 AM
(offtopic reply to Reece)

On 2003-06-28 00:02, Reece wrote:
Stop saying shit bout popular people. I am popular and have always been. Alot of you could be also. I never go to school and say oh yea I got the new Pokemon game yesterday and I don't talk bout Anime cause thats just nerdy. ALot of gamers are nerds. But don't cry about it. It's your fault you were or are a loser. face it your never gonna get the hot girls if you talk bout your Anime or Games all the time. Sure guys love games and talk bout it, but we also play sports and like girls. Alot of you sit on the computer on in front of your gaming syustem and play PSO all day. NOw thats nerdy

I hate to break it to you. But being popular holds one very depressing disadvantage.

You have NO REAL FRIENDS. You think it's 'cool' to be popular? Hell, when I get popular, I TRY to kill it, cause I don't want no fake people in my life. Popular guy need help from 'friends' when in a bind? They are no where. They aren't there for you.

Challange me on the issue if you like, I know what I'm talking about. But don't go getting a huge ego on the count of being popular. Being categorized with that is just gonna bring depressing trouble.

Sure you wanna call yourself popular now? Gamers appear as nerds [to you] cause most of us are graduated young adults. Some of us are young teens heading into high school. Also the internet is the place to express the level of your intelect. How is that nerdy anyhow?

Video games is a very constructive tool for the mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-06-28 09:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-06-28 09:39 ]</font>

MasterJoel
Jun 28, 2003, 11:53 AM
On 2003-06-28 00:02, Reece wrote:
face it your never gonna get the hot girls if you talk bout your Anime or Games all the time. Sure guys love games and talk bout it, but we also play sports and like girls

i bet you think "hot girls" are the ones who put on so much makeup that they look like they fell into a cake, and have the IQ of a dead moth. although i didn't know a lot of gamer girls in high school, i knew a TON of hot girls who liked anime. and sports? SO BORING! The football players pat each other on the butt and you are accusing US of not liking girls? yeah, um, you are sadly mistaken about gamers and anime freaks like us and our "attractability" to women...

on another note, i met my friend Bev in the mall the other day, and she said a mutual friend broke the nose of a football player whom made fun of his tail... so be nice to your local nerd, cause they will one day break your nose... and then be your boss later in life.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 28, 2003, 01:30 PM
how did athletics get dragged into this? ive playd sports and gotten better than average grades all my life, and still ben socially acceptible. not that i really care wat anyone thinks, cause in truth i dont give a crap. i was just wondering why sports got brought in. are all "jocks" numnuts? i dont think so...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2003-06-28 11:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2003-06-28 11:33 ]</font>

Mizu
Jun 28, 2003, 01:54 PM
Well, really it just depends on your social life. But every high school isn't the same.

If you're thinking that just cause your cool, you think you're a chick magnet? you're wrong, you're a slut/hooker magnet.

I'm totally different, *Sigh* for the appearance, I just look at the eyes, and how built they're bodies are. And well for the inside, well, someone thats nice, halarious and understands. You don't see me straightening my hair everyday just to look hot (I've got curly/bushy hair, alot like hermoine's hair from Harry Potter). If a person loves me truly, then shouldn't they love me without makeup?

LollipopLolita
Jun 28, 2003, 02:52 PM
Stop saying shit bout popular people. I am popular and have always been. Alot of you could be also. I never go to school and say oh yea I got the new Pokemon game yesterday and I don't talk bout Anime cause thats just nerdy. ALot of gamers are nerds. But don't cry about it. It's your fault you were or are a loser.

and who are you to judge what people do or do not do? who are you to judge what one does is nerdy or not?

On 2003-06-28 09:33, Silhouette wrote:
I hate to break it to you. But being popular holds one very depressing disadvantage.

You have NO REAL FRIENDS.

you are very wrong on that. popular or not, who are you to say someone has or doesn't have friends? how do you know popular people don't actually have friends, last i remembered they are perfectly capable of having friends.

i bet you think "hot girls" are the ones who put on so much makeup that they look like they fell into a cake, and have the IQ of a dead moth. although i didn't know a lot of gamer girls in high school, i knew a TON of hot girls who liked anime. and sports? SO BORING! The football players pat each other on the butt and you are accusing US of not liking girls? yeah, um, you are sadly mistaken about gamers and anime freaks like us and our "attractability" to women...

you realize that there;s many beautiful girls walking around with high iq's? and what good is iq if you have 0 streetsmarts? or is it that people wear their iq scores like a badge to make themselves feel better? so you're going to accuse football players of homoerotic tendencies for something that has been passed down and is part of the game and culture?

everyone here is categorizing and stereotyping people into one huge lump. if he wants to say how he feel, he has every right. no one has the right to jump in and bash him unfairly. sure he sounds stupid, but do you realize who have been the asses in this thread?

a lot of people have personal angst and low self confidence to deal with. it doesn't mean you can launch an attack at someone else to make yourself feel better and more justified. so you can band with everyone who feels just like you and make yourself feel better? isn't that exactly what your opposite site does? how are any of you any different?

anyhow, why do all of you care so much? do you realize this is completely stupid and childish. you guys jump at each other's throughts, argue with tons of fallacies that makes no sense, stereotype and remain ad hominem. do you even realize how stupid this argument has been. do you realize that both complaining and bragging about being popular, being normal or being different is stupid?

who gives a ****, live your life, be who you are. don't try to be different, don't try to be normal, don't try to be an otaku, a popular person. just try to be yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-06-28 12:52 ]</font>