PDA

View Full Version : So...what color is your Bana ?

Gureo
Mar 16, 2001, 12:59 AM
Sorry if this seems like a personal question...

A few weeks back I transferred some MAG's that I had built up with other characters to my main character (Ila, Varaha, etc...basically MAGs that my Hunter type-A couldn't evolve on her own). Unfortunately, even with raising the DEF level above 45, once I fed the MAGs with their new owner, they all re-evolved to hunter type-A MAGs.
Grrrrrr !!! Now its all common knowlege, but I was really hoping that I could lock up those MAG shapes...no such luck...

Anyway, one thing that I did notice was that the MAG retained the color it had from its original owner (ie. a MAG originating from a white costumed character would be white, etc.) even after you transfer it to a different character ' re-evolve it. It seem that when a MAG is 'young' its overall color appearance matches its owner, as it evolves, the dominant 'shell' color becomes standard & its original color is only retained in the 'highlights' (I like to think of them as the glowing 'photon' parts). Sooooooo... from waht I have seen, all BANA MAGs have a dark purple shell color, but the 'eye' & 'globe' parts vary depeding on its original owner. So I now have a BANA with a white 'eye' & another BANA with a purple 'eye'.

I was wondering if this seems to hold true with everybodys MAGs out there? Any level 50+ MAGs should all be the same dominant color. Does anyone have or seen a BANA that isn't dark purple? or a KAMA that isn't grey? or an ILA that isn't purple/ green? (Remember, I'm talking dominant shell colors, not the highlight colors specific to you characters costume).

Also, I havent found a MAG CELL yet, but I was wondering if the MAG retains any of its owners color attributes after given the MAG CELL. All the SONICHI MAGs (the hundreds of them nowadays) that I have seen are always white with blue accents. Are there any distinguishing featues that make your SONICHI different from all the others?

Thanks for any input....I'm thinking of transferring some other basic MAGs in asst. colors (black, red, blue, orange, etc.) to my main character, raise them into the same MAG types & see which color combinations look the coolest.

later

MsFortune
Mar 17, 2001, 01:09 PM
my ila isnt green and purple, its grey and yellow.

Drake
Mar 18, 2001, 12:55 AM
Sonichi are always white and blue in front, but their taillights are aligned with the original owner's colour (like the Bana's "eye").

The Kama in the "Perfect" Guide is distinctly red-orange around the back - not just the taillights - but that might be because the picture was taken in an odd light (Cave 1?).

...Oh, and if anyone's looking for different-coloured MAGs, I would be happy to trade. ^^ I have white ones and cyan ones. (Cyan is that light blue that secret-costumed characters tend to get, regardless of what colour the costume actually is. ^^;)

Fargo
Mar 20, 2001, 12:40 AM
My HUmar's Bana is Purple / Grey and has a pink eye and 'photon jet'. I've never traded, so I can't make many comparisons, however, I've seen an orange / red Bana (with green highlights - eeew!)... didn't get to ask about it though. However, I'm not bothered, I like Bana the way he is - he suits my character (I use the lilac armor. I give him Lilac hair. And then I get Pinkal ID. Gah!)

Reaper
Mar 20, 2001, 07:35 PM
I have a Bana and nothing else as I dont trade much, anyway... back to the topic mine is a black/grey/metallic colour with a blue 'eye' and a blue 'jet' which is the colour of my costume!

I like banas cause when they make you invulnerable they start spinning round like those things in cave that whirl round when you kill the red one!! (breathes heavily)

---------------------

Ben

Gureo
Mar 21, 2001, 02:53 AM
COOL !!! So, MsFortune...your ILA MAG is grey & yellow ?!?! Did you raise it yourself or did you get it from someone ? What is your character cotume color, class, section ID ???

& Fargo, you saw a red / orange BANA MAG once?!?! Do you remember the outfit color/ class of the owner? (even though it does sound like a gaudy MAG !!)

Any other diversions out there ?? This is interesting...I've always though that the colors were standard....from what I've seen at least...now I really want to raise some difft. colored MAG's !!!

diospadre
Apr 1, 2001, 03:46 PM
so if i find a blue mag, it wont have black properties even though thats what the4 mag i started out with?

Gureo
Apr 1, 2001, 11:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure of what your question is...but as far as I know, unless you have one of the two 'extra' costume colors (you have to put a special name in the character creation screen to select)...all the MAGs that your character finds will correspond to your characters costume color (ie. = blue costume = blue (highlights) MAG).

I know that if your character is one of the 2 'extra' costume colors, then you will be assigned a random MAG color. I am unsure whether or not all MAGs found afterwards will also be random colors or the same as the inital color your character was assigned.

However, whatever MAGs that you recieve from another character thru trade will retain the color of the character that originally discovered it. (ie. = your 'red' friend gives you a MAG he found...even if you are 'blue', the MAG will still be red). Even though the MAGs retain their color, the will eventually evolve (within 5 levels) according to YOUR characters section ID, even if it starts as a MAG that you can't evolve with your section ID.

Hope this helps...

nothing is eternal... (BSoD)

http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/906/46/29064630.jpg

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Gureo on 2001-04-01 21:58 ]</font>

Xaken
Apr 4, 2001, 03:32 PM
Ugg.. I think a lot of confusion is going around because one person is calling something grey while another person calls it a dark purple (some of you might just need your eyes checked). Most of this is probably just due to variations in color settings on screens or the "photonic" accent colors are making some of you think there is a hue to what are really just greys.

Here is how it goes: Depending on what MAG type you have, a few parts to nearly all of your MAG will be standardized colors that are the same for every MAG of that type.

Some good examples are Kaitabha which is always almostly orange, Varaha which is mostly blue with some white, and Madhu
which is almost entierly pink.

Regardless of your MAG type though, there will be at least some accent colors based on the original color of the MAG, which usually matches your costum (the rare acceptions being the utra-rare celled MAGs: Pian, Chao, Mecha Chao)

Most often the birth color of the MAG is seen in the glowing areas of the MAG. Asparas is sort of a weird one is that all you'll only find are 4 dots of color arcoss it's back. The body is always grey and the top a red-orange (which I personally believe to be a design flaw).

Now, as for Bana, reguardless of what some of your seem to think... the main body of Bana (and i mean ALL Banas) is a metalic grey. The eyes and "sphere" are the only parts that change depending on birth color. These part do have a tendancy to glow though, and the light they shine is probably what's throwing you off.

Ila is a mildly strand one in that the glowing eyes are always yellow, the part that changes dependant on the birth color is the top half (the bottom is always a sort of greenish-yellow).

Drake
Apr 4, 2001, 08:46 PM
A reliable source (a friend of mine) tells me that it is possible - albeit improbable - for a new baby Mag to have a red "eye" instead of a yellow one. Since the "eye" is supposedly the unchangeable part of a baby, this indicates that other variations may be possible on full-grown Mags - like a red-orange shell on a Bana...

Has anyone else observed this anomaly? Despite having restarted my characters several times, I've seen only the yellow-eyed ones. (Unfortunately, my friend restarted his character, too - this was long before he had any idea that a red-eyed Mag might be rare - so we don't have his to experiment with.)

ICEsenZ
Apr 5, 2001, 11:45 AM
Here's a good tip for customizing the color of your mag:
1st, give a baby mag to a friend whose outfit's color matches what u want to use. Ask him/her to equip it. Make sure that this baby mag has never been equipped before. Once it's been equipped, the color should be locked in and can't be changed again. Get the mag back and evolve it to your preference.

I find collecting different evolutions of mag to be alot more fun and rewarding than getting a super-rare mag cells (which i find to be not so rare anymore). It seems almost everyone has a chao or opa2 nowadays http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

ICEsenZ
Apr 5, 2001, 11:54 AM
oops, i didn't know the info above has already been posted here in another thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Gureo
Apr 5, 2001, 11:37 PM
Hey guys,
I've transferred 6 MAGs (yellow, white, red, blue, black, orange) from other characters & I'm raising them with my main character (purple) now. They all retained their original color, but are evolving according my Hunter-B pattern. I haven't got them all over level 50 yet, but when I do, I plan to go thru some different level 50+ evoloutions to see what pats are standard & which parts retain the original color.

From what I've seen out there personally, I tend to agree that all level 50+ MAGs have a standard 'body' color & the 'eyes' or 'highlight' colors are the only parts that retain their original color.

The reported grey / yellow ILA could be TV or monitor color settings being a bit off. Grey- yellow really isn't too far off from Purple- green As for a red BANA, however, that is way far off from dark grey- purple. (check out the BANA & ILA in my sig pic below). Hmmm...

I want to believe...

Well, it may be a while before I get all of my rainbow-colored MAG babies thru some evoloutions, but I'll be sure to let you all know what my experiment turns out.

later...