PDA

View Full Version : Involuntary boycotting caused by anti-backup policy?

Anonymous
Mar 16, 2001, 01:49 AM
Has anyone here been forced to "boycott" the game simply because his/her save file got corrupted, and is unable to get back online because the anti-backup policy is preventing any hope of item recovery ?

Well, I'll admit I'm in this unspoken category. I spent hours every night for about 40 days nonstop, developing 2 characters and collecting items with friends (playing "legit").

I really want to keep playing, maybe with a new character, but I simply don't want to spend the 250+ combined hours to get to where I already was. I had some rare items given to me by some kind Japanese players, too.

I really do want to keep playing, but I haven't touched the game at all since my files stopped working a few days ago. So, in effect, I'm "involuntarily" being forced to "boycott" the game in the meantime. This might be just as well, since I want to spend some on other games too, but I can't figure out the logic behind the new policy which effectively punishes their most loyal players.

Has anyone else stopped playing until they can get their old characters back online?

Anonymous
Mar 18, 2001, 11:08 PM
my character was deleted by a roommate...i was a lvl45 (which took too long!) so i'm sort of boycotting...though it's because of my roommate.