PDA

View Full Version : I get disconnected for no reason...

Anonymous
Mar 16, 2001, 05:38 AM
I just got PSO a few days ago and love it but I have a terrible problem. When I am on SegaNet I get disconnected (usually towards the end of the board) and I lose my character. It says something like "disconnected, push start to restart", then I do and it says cannot save, and asks if I want to save or exist without save. I try save and get the cannot save message again, so I'm forced to exit without saving. The worst part is I can't even load my character from before I began the board, it says cannot load file. WTF? Does this happen to everyone? I lost my first two characters to this and I'm kinda worried about going back online which sucks cos thats the best part of the game. Can anyone please offer any advice on this?

shortiboi4
Mar 16, 2001, 05:52 AM
Well everybody gets kicked off. Do you have a force feedback device plugged into the same controller as your memory card? I don't know but for me I can't save when my Tremorpak is plugged in. I hope this helps

Anonymous
Mar 16, 2001, 07:05 PM
I only have my VMU plugged into slot one and a 4x memory pack into slot two. I save my PSO stuff onto the pack in slot two. I really have no clue whats wrong but I don't wanna go back online only to lose another character. Does anyone have any advice?

Anonymous
Mar 22, 2001, 06:56 AM
My advice is to not use the vmu and the 4x card at the same time, only use the one with your game save. Same thing happened to me that day i got a VMU. I was using a performance 4 x card and so when i got the vmu i just stuck the performace in the second slot and the vmu in the 1st. Well it loaded fine and i played online for 4 hours, got some phat shyt and later got booted. To my dismay the dc said cannot save to vmu. Tried moving mem cards around and nothing worked. Finally rebooted my dc only to find my lvl 27 ranger corrupted and no longer playable. Needless to say with 40 hours clocked i was pissed but i started over and got back to lvl 27 in three days lol. Played like 10 hours a day. Now i have 140 hours logged and a lvl 75 hunter chick. Also have a lvl 27 force chick too plus a lvl 13 ranger. Anyway dont use two vmus cause apparently its a bad combination.