PDA

View Full Version : idiots in battle mode

Fojar
Jul 10, 2003, 02:18 AM
is it just me, or is literally EVERYONE in battle a fool? every game i've been in (i dont like the rule battles) their's always been some jack-ass who always uses megid when everyone speficially says "no MEGID!" sometimes grants too. and all the other times when i kill someone they complain that i killed them with a dupe (which it is) while they're using a yasminkov 7000, tripolic shield, and a 195 power sato, (which they claim they found them all) grr or theres that one fo who waits for someone to pipe back, and the second u do BAM! zonded then they replie with "IM SO LEEXOR!!11" or "i pwned u, noob" grrrrrr i just want to kill them all!!!!

i hate battle mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fojar on 2003-07-10 00:19 ]</font>

Daikarin
Jul 10, 2003, 06:55 AM
That's why I rarely battle. The game mode tempted me at first, but after seeing that lag users penalty others and due to the fact of many losers being on the loose...

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jul 10, 2003, 10:25 AM
Why are the forces forced to not use megid and yet there is no rule against t***s like you using dupes?

Reenee
Jul 10, 2003, 10:41 AM
Megid is cheap, and considering the fact that the lvl.30 disk can be duped... *conks a brick to the questioner*

geewj
Jul 10, 2003, 12:47 PM
I dont see a different between the duped lvl 30 megid and the duped high level weapons. They both kill people in one hit. The high level weapons are cheaper if anything.

And this is exactly why I only do rule battles (and not rule 1 or 5).

Ness
Jul 10, 2003, 12:51 PM
I try to avoid battles altogether.

Gestiv
Jul 10, 2003, 02:46 PM
Actually if it's all high lv chars the duped weps pry won't kill in one hit, while Megid and/or Grants ALWAYS kill in one hit and there's no way to avoid it, and most weps can be blocked or avoided anyway (run awaaaaaay!). Not to mention the fact that if you're a high lv char you should be able to withstand at least one hit from the wep. Besides, if your so tired of people like that in your battle games, just find some actual friends of yours and play a locked game, instead of playing with a binch of asses!

Edit: Spelling error

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gestiv on 2003-07-10 12:50 ]</font>

geewj
Jul 10, 2003, 09:12 PM
so get your EDK up and resist the megid.

Sham
Jul 11, 2003, 12:27 PM
Actually if it's all high lv chars the duped weps pry won't kill in one hit, while Megid and/or Grants ALWAYS kill in one hit and there's no way to avoid it, and most weps can be blocked or avoided anyway (run awaaaaaay!).
I'm going to give you some slack for being a dumbass, but there's this thing called EDK. Most people too busy with BKB's and whatnot have no clue what EDK is. How to boost it? Resist/Evil's and/or Sacred Guard/Light Relief shields. And the same goes for Grants, except it's not EDK. Furthermore, Megid can be easily ran from. (Reminisces about the time where he simply ran in zig-zags and evaded almost every Megid a FOmar dished out in Forest; afterwards allowing the Megid to hit himself intentionally, which really did nothing due to have over 90EDK.)

Not to mention the fact that if you're a high lv char you should be able to withstand at least one hit from the wep.
Most people don't use single hits, but I'm guess you're the type of person that does? With the single hit B.S. aside, please tell me what I am supposed to do when my LV160 FOmar(which I feel is a fairly high level), dies in one combo of a RAmar's duped Guldmilla and LV15 Shifta, even with maxed FOmar DFP, Aura Field, and Deband LV30? And you can't say Jellen, because I tried that, and sometimes it doesn't even work due to lag.

Point of this post: Duped weapons are far more 'destructive' than Megid.

Ness
Jul 11, 2003, 12:53 PM
On 2003-07-10 12:46, Gestiv wrote:
Actually if it's all high lv chars the duped weps pry won't kill in one hit, while Megid and/or Grants ALWAYS kill in one hit and there's no way to avoid it, and most weps can be blocked or avoided anyway (run awaaaaaay!). Not to mention the fact that if you're a high lv char you should be able to withstand at least one hit from the wep. Besides, if your so tired of people like that in your battle games, just find some actual friends of yours and play a locked game, instead of playing with a binch of asses!

Edit: Spelling error

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gestiv on 2003-07-10 12:50 ]</font>

Actually, Meigd is pretty easy to dodge and grants doesn't always kill in one hit.

Gestiv
Jul 11, 2003, 02:53 PM
Well, smart stuff, waht if your slots are full w/ other accesories (cures, gods, etc.)? "Most people don't use single hit"? WTF are you talking about? There's no "single hit" attack in PSO, it's strong attack, weak attack, and special. Did you mean "Most people don't kill in one hit"? At least use proper grammar when trying to get your point across. And no, I don't use "single hit", whatever the hell that is, because the people I play against are smart enough to break out their high lv chars when I battle them. What do you do if your lv 160 FOmar dies in one hit? Give the RAmar a rule like "No Guldmillas" since they always seem to give forces the damn "No megid/grants" rule. Or, you can try to kill him before he kills you (which, if you haven't noticed, is the point of battle mode... I have been killed many a time in the forest by forces in another room because of the range of their spells).

P.S. Glad you had to resort to insulting me to get your point across.

geewj
Jul 11, 2003, 06:31 PM
On 2003-07-11 12:53, Gestiv wrote:
Well, smart stuff, waht if your slots are full w/ other accesories (cures, gods, etc.)?

Then dont let high level megid hit you, cause it will kill you. You know the problem, you know the solution. If you choose not to prevent it then thats your fault, not the forces. If I walk around without a decent shield because I'd rather have a foie merge equiped then I dont have a right to comaplain about my low DEF.

"Most people don't use single hit"? WTF are you talking about? There's no "single hit" attack in PSO, it's strong attack, weak attack, and special. Did you mean "Most people don't kill in one hit"? At least use proper grammar when trying to get your point across. And no, I don't use "single hit", whatever the hell that is, because the people I play against are smart enough to break out their high lv chars when I battle them.

He meant people do 3 hit combos (soft soft hard) rather than jamming on the hard attack trying to go for a 1 hit kill (which as you pointed out probably wont take out a high level HU or RA with good def).

What do you do if your lv 160 FOmar dies in one hit? Give the RAmar a rule like "No Guldmillas" since they always seem to give forces the damn "No megid/grants" rule. Or, you can try to kill him before he kills you (which, if you haven't noticed, is the point of battle mode... I have been killed many a time in the forest by forces in another room because of the range of their spells).

He was saying that if you make a rule that forces cant one hit kill (megid/grants) then the other classes shouldnt be able to either. Sounds fairly reasonable.

Logical2u
Jul 11, 2003, 06:46 PM
I hate megid. Those Mericoals spit it out, dont they? And it really annoys me when someone Megids me in BA mode and I die and they type Lol N00b. Grants isnt a bad, it doesnt kill me constantly with falz I think.
Now... Megid isnt annoying outside of BA, DUPED WEAPONS ARE.

And you people who play BA, get a couple of those resists that boost by 3 every technique.