PDA

View Full Version : PSO EP 3 is stupid!

Caprice
Jul 12, 2003, 04:15 AM
EP 3 looks like another lost kingdoms! It's so retarted, what happened to blasting the heads off your enemies with rifles, or slicing their gut open with a Partisan? How Do you expect to kill something with a card? Or have any fun for that matter!

I'm so pissed off!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-12 14:37 ]</font>

LINX
Jul 12, 2003, 06:18 AM
Get a life. Please.

Logical2u
Jul 12, 2003, 08:15 AM
1. PSO is just jumping on the Card Game bandwagon. They DO make tons of money.
2. You two should try to be nicer, this is a public forum and if this starts getting off topic the moderators will lock it or move it.

Yosho
Jul 12, 2003, 08:21 AM
I don't like the whole "card concept" either but i'm gonna at least try it before I knock it and say bad things about it.

LINX
Jul 12, 2003, 09:19 AM
On 2003-07-12 06:15, Logical2u wrote:
2. You two should try to be nicer, this is a public forum and if this starts getting off topic the moderators will lock it or move it.

Sorry. I'm just so sick of all the morons bashing the game just beacause it's card based. I mean, why not give it a try first? I believe in this game. Really. It's about time they change the concept, and let's face it: who would have wanted yet another "expansion" of the old PSO with some new stages and items.

It was just the same thing when Zelda WW was shown for the first time, and how good isn't that game?

I quote the official PSO Ep.III site:

"Episode 3 is to the episode 1&2 of PSO.
It does not replace.
It is coexisting with 1&2, and is a PSO world.
A PSO community is extended further.
The network world is enlivened."

polishedweasel
Jul 12, 2003, 10:25 AM
Hey wait...isn't there a thread for this???? And hasn't this same complaint already been heard about 100 octillion times? *goes off to eat breakfast* All I'm sayin is, think before you post??? Yeah, I guess that sounds about right.

Caprice
Jul 12, 2003, 05:28 PM
The game is pointless...

All you do is build a deck, the storyline is probably good, but I frown upon the card concept of the game.

Gestiv
Jul 12, 2003, 05:44 PM
I'm having trouble w/ the fact that after it comes out either: 1.) Everybody will be online w/ Ep. 3 and nobody will play Ep. 1 & 2 anymore (If the game's any good)or 2.) Everybody will be online w/ Ep. 1 & 2 and nobody will play Ep. 3 online (If it sucks... and isn't online play the best part?) Plus if there is no char transition (I believe that there was none, correct me if I'm wrong) you will have to lvl your chars all over again and not to mention the fact that you may have to find new friends if hardcore Ep. 1 & 2 addicts don't bother playing Ep. 3.

Reenee
Jul 12, 2003, 06:19 PM
I don't think there's a character transition. The game intertwines with Episode I & II and let's not forget you can now go to the spectacular level 300.

I think Episode III will not be like a Version 2 disk: containing everything that was on the Episode I & II disk. Episode III might have its own set of levels, probably?

Shattered_weasel
Jul 12, 2003, 06:31 PM
hahahaha you said octillion.....But ya shut the hell up about it untill u play

Caprice
Jul 13, 2003, 04:43 PM
It does have a character transition, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't have EP 172 on it. And I too am worried that most people will be playing EP 3 and not the other two...

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 13, 2003, 10:11 PM
here i got an idea. i will buy the game, and if its good, i will waste 700+ hours on it, and u will miss out on it cause just cause its gonna be a card game doesnt mean its gonna be boring. im sure at least 1 shread of pso ep. 1 and 2's creamy goodness (i was hungry when i wrote this) will be spared by sonic team. plus it already looks good.

Caprice
Jul 13, 2003, 11:50 PM
I'm not so sure, the setting does take place 21 years after EP 1&2, and you can't fight real animals because their endangered, or carry weapons on your character(you equip them to your deck). It seams pretty bland to me... I think I'll just rent it.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 14, 2003, 12:54 AM
then you rent it and shut up and also quit making all of these spam posts about the game.....YA

polishedweasel
Jul 14, 2003, 01:04 AM
Weasel...stop flaming, Caprice...stop whining about the game. This game wont be released until next year, now by that time next year the PSO ep 1&2 population will be very, very small. They will be bored out of their minds and they will more than likely want to play this new card rendition of PSO.

It's a card game, no big deal. have you ever played Magic the Gathering? Not like just drop some cards in fromt of you and attack the other guy...I mean actually learn all the rules and PLAY the game. Card games can be some of the most interesting entertaining things if you know what you're doing. But you have to keep an open mind about this thing...there are people that have been playing this game for over two years...

light, hard, hard gets kinda boring after 25million experience, you know?

do I get my spot as a mod yet? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Silmarwen
Jul 14, 2003, 01:27 AM
So what if it stinks? People
have started to do card games
ever since Yugioh came on the
air on Kids WB

The projects of Lost Kingdoms
and PSO Ep3 are just some new
prototype trying to out do the
Yugioh card games!

My motto is: If you don't want it,
don't buy it!

Guile
Jul 14, 2003, 01:46 AM
Yo cards are stupid.

Caprice
Jul 14, 2003, 01:54 AM
I have nothing against card games, i just think they shouldn't have spent their time and money on a card based PSO. I'm really disapointed... And if you're so bored, make a new character! But you are a reasonable person, I have to give you that...

Caprice
Jul 14, 2003, 01:56 AM
Oh, and one more thing, this is the ranting and raving section, so if you like EP3 get out! because you are'nt ranting and raving about it!

Shattered_weasel
Jul 14, 2003, 10:30 AM
O and another thing dont u have this same topic in many other forums.......Ya

polishedweasel
Jul 14, 2003, 12:36 PM
On 2003-07-14 08:30, Shattered_weasel wrote:
Oh, and another thing, don't you have this same topic in many other forums.......Ya

I did some fixing up on the grammar<------weird sentance.

Silmarwen
Jul 14, 2003, 03:43 PM
Who says I like it?

After I get Ep 1+2 for
mu cube that's it! I've
got other games to get

(i.e. Vexx, Animal Crossing,
The Hobbit, and Star Wars Clone Wars)

butzopower
Jul 15, 2003, 01:40 AM
EP III is a major change in gameplay from V1-EPI&II. Changes like these have occured in the past both for better and for worse.

But to say that Sonic Team is changing PSO's battle system just to try and attract a higher fan base because of a recent increase in Trading-Card-Game-based video games is crazy.

More then likely EP III will be very unique from all other games. Look at Sonic Team's past, and almost every game they've made is unique: from the crazy speeds of Sonic Adventure, to the unique air-platformer NiGHTS, to the insanely fast-paced puzzle game, Chu Chu Rocket.

Looking at screenshots of any of those games will not tell you at all what the game is like. Even PSO! I had some really weird ideas of how PSO worked back before its DC release.

I just hope more and more people will remember that ST has always been creators of unique, and most of all FUN games.

UltimateEnigma
Jul 20, 2003, 09:24 PM
episode 3 will not have enourmous guns increbile melee weapons and new character classes...IT WILL HAVE CARDS!?!?

ill rent it...it will probally suck but ill rent it anyway....

Caprice
Aug 1, 2003, 01:57 AM
I think that money has got to Sonic Teams head. They would preffer a bigger group of gamers, over the great gameplay that makes PSO one of the greatest games ever. Tha's obserd! The popularity of the game won't last long, and it will make Sonic Team look like a bunch of morons. I hope they realize the mistake they've made, by producing that game...

hououtate
Aug 1, 2003, 02:47 PM
I wasnt going to buy it until i learned that the HL carrys over...then i was like WHOO HOO!!! EPSISODE 3!!! woot!

Link00seven
Aug 1, 2003, 03:09 PM
I think it looks interesting. After watching the movies.

I'm even going to Import the Trial and Full.

So go ahead with your "EpIII is stupid."

Yeah, until you buy it. And when any of you buy it that say "It sux0rz" I will laugh in your face.

Kadavreski
Aug 1, 2003, 04:31 PM
hello

i am mechgun mike

i wrote an i hate episode 3 topic but it got moved to spam so nobody read it or replyed
i hate me...

Kizaragu
Aug 2, 2003, 03:32 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Card games and I haven't heard alot about PSO episode 3. But the thing is, I love episode 1&2 and despite how Episode 3 turns outs I'll still give it a try, Same with FFX-2. Doesn't appeal that much to me but I loved FFX so I'll at least try it. Once you've actually Played it, THEN rant about it. Not before.