PDA

View Full Version : Japanese server play.

Cowboy
Jul 13, 2003, 10:02 PM
I have a tip: Play on japanese servers. It has been a MUICH better experience experience for me. The japanese players put all rares on the ground on pioneer 2, so after you are done playing, they are sorted out evenly. They are far more curteous then american players, and don't pick up everything in their sight like alot of american players do. They don't care how you play as long as you help and do the best you can. I'm a level 108 FOmar and they let me go through ruins 1, 2, 3, AND Dark Falz with them. The people I played with in this particular situatiuon knew some englsih, and said it was ok if I played with them. One of them gave me some level 27+ techs for free and said I did not owe them anything since they were not going to use it. They asked if I needed anything when we would go to pioneer 2 to stock up. They used word select and after ruins we stayed in the game and talked a little biut with regular typing and word select. I have yet to find more then a few experiences like this playing on US servers.

Mystil
Jul 14, 2003, 04:10 AM
-_-....I've been trying to keep this a secret forever. Now you've probably endangered the JP servers..

rena-ko
Jul 14, 2003, 08:12 AM
indeed. ^-^;

now all americans flood the jp servers to get rares and the japanese have to use the always empty european ships...

Daikarin
Jul 14, 2003, 04:15 PM
I like to play on the Japanese servers a lot. I get easily accepted by japanese players more than on some other servers around, possibly due to the common moral values on their country.

But lately I've been getting FSOD when playing Japanese servers. So if you have a crappy ISP like me and lag a lot, it might be risky to adventure yourself on SHIP/JP servers.

Logical2u
Jul 14, 2003, 04:55 PM
Isnt there supposed to be 'Instant translation' in every PSO?

Mystil
Jul 14, 2003, 08:09 PM
On 2003-07-14 14:55, Logical2u wrote:
Isnt there supposed to be 'Instant translation' in every PSO?

Word Select. It's not the best, but it works. If you type something in english, they wont understand it, unless you're lucky enough that one of the players is english literate.

LamerPanda
Jul 14, 2003, 08:20 PM
On 2003-07-14 02:10, Silhouette wrote:
-_-....I've been trying to keep this a secret forever. Now you've probably endangered the JP servers..

That's pretty rude of you, especially since I've seen this mentioned at least 3 times before.

now all americans flood the jp servers to get rares and the japanese have to use the always empty european ships...

So was that, even if it may be true. Of course, everyone knows that Americans are the only greedy players, and everyone in another country is completely righteous and pious!

I usually just play with friends, I'd rather not go on Japanese ships and be a hassle to them.

I've seen a few JP players that take rares right out from under me as well (even if it happens less often). It doesn't matter where you play, you'll always find a few rude players.

More happy ranting: Maybe it's just me, but some people honestly seem almost racist when it comes to Japan. It's practically idol-worship, always hearing about how Japan has the best this and that. Would I like to go there? Yes, but that doesn't mean it's *better* than every other country. I mean, every country has its pros and cons, it's sort of strange how people run around shouting that things are "KAWAII" or "CHIBI". I used to do the same thing, but then I realized that I don't know anyone who does that for other languages. I'd rather learn Japanese and be a translator, so I could actually help people instead of using maybe the 5 words I already know. The people there are still people, whether high morals are ingrained into them or not. I'll admit that I like a bunch of things that you could consider me an "otaku" for - anime, J-pop/rock, cutesy "^_^" faces, etc. - and maybe I'm just being a hypocrite, but it really bothers me sometimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LamerPanda on 2003-07-14 18:54 ]</font>

Sham
Jul 15, 2003, 12:19 AM
That's pretty rude of you, especially since I've seen this mentioned at least 3 times before.
It's not rude at all, and if you think it is, you need to wake up and smell the statistics. I dare say that above 90% of the US servers is filled to the brim with twinked out, dupe-using, moronic, selfish, and overall dick-headed players who don't give a fuck about anything but themselves. And this is from what I've experienced personally, as well as the same with all of my friends, (and possibly why I have so little 'true' PSO friends.) You're mistaking Silhouette for some kawaii-obsessed Japanese worshipper, when really he's speaking the truth. (And trust me, I'm not one or defend to agree with Silhouette in most cases.)

I've seen a few JP players that take rares right out from under me as well (even if it happens less often). It doesn't matter where you play, you'll always find a few rude players.
Majority of JP players take the rare back to Pioneer once the boss is complete, for completely fair and equal distribution of valuable items. Therefore, whoever snatches the rare in the area doesn't really matter since it will be shared. (There is one exception, a small amount of JP tend to roam the US servers, joining random games in places like Vega. In there, they play the same as everyone else, greedily snatching anything that is deemed necessary of snatching. I can only assume that they isolate theirselves from their native servers by choice of playstyle, just as some people like me or Silhouette will go to the JP servers to play the way they play.)

Finally, it's not about worship, or idolizing, or anything like that. It's about how the Japanese play a lot more effectively than anyone else, and most people don't see this. (Examples: Sharing all valuable items, waiting for the new player who's just joined the team before continuing in the area, not twinking items/stealing experience greedily, and many other things.) And since the US/JP playstyles clash, it creates problems, such as the random Vega HUmar Goku finds his way into a JP game, and picks up every item in town thinking that it was meant for him. The other JP players in the game aren't necessarily happy for this behavior, and they eventually see it more and more, possibly causing "JP ONLY" games. (And on the other hand, there's a handful of racist/ignorant dickheads[JP's] as with any other group of people or country.) And Silhouette's comments were necessary because he and others would rather not have this "secret" divulged since it could defeat the very reason of even going to the JP servers. I personally don't care, since I now have a group of friends I play with exclusively on certain characters; but had this thread been created a few months ago when I played exclusively on JP due to being tired of running into an excess of ignorant players, I wouldn't have been happy with it at all.

Guile
Jul 15, 2003, 01:00 AM
Yeah I rather not, I choose to not judge a player by where he or she lives so I don't try and play with a certain race of player.

LamerPanda
Jul 15, 2003, 12:26 PM
It's not rude at all, and if you think it is, you need to wake up and smell the statistics. I dare say that above 90% of the US servers is filled to the brim with twinked out, dupe-using, moronic, selfish, and overall dick-headed players who don't give a fuck about anything but themselves.

Yes, I know the JP servers are better than the US servers for the most part, but you can't just brand every US player as a bad one. I've met my fair share of dupers that run in, do 333 damage, and kill everything with level 9 characters while I'm trying to level my own. I've also met a few good players that I've honestly had a lot of fun with. Maybe since this topic's been posted, more of the good US players will come to the JP servers. Have some faith in humanity, I know it's difficult.

Majority of JP players take the rare back to Pioneer once the boss is complete, for completely fair and equal distribution of valuable items. Therefore, whoever snatches the rare in the area doesn't really matter since it will be shared. (There is one exception, a small amount of JP tend to roam the US servers, joining random games in places like Vega. In there, they play the same as everyone else, greedily snatching anything that is deemed necessary of snatching.

Although the majority will share rares, I've seen the Vega ones you mentioned, which is why I brought it up; I just wanted to point out that they exist.

Finally, it's not about worship, or idolizing, or anything like that. It's about how the Japanese play a lot more effectively than anyone else, and most people don't see this. (Examples: Sharing all valuable items, waiting for the new player who's just joined the team before continuing in the area, not twinking items/stealing experience greedily, and many other things.)

Although the topic itself wasn't about idolizing, I just thought I'd bring it up while I was at it. >_> Since it's a much better experience playing on the JP servers, why not share the wealth? Isn't it sort of greedy trying to hide this "secret"? I understand that you're concerned about the ships being overrun with dupers/hackers/twinkers/whatever, but I don't think one topic is going to destroy the JP servers.

Sham
Jul 15, 2003, 03:01 PM
Although the topic itself wasn't about idolizing, I just thought I'd bring it up while I was at it. >_> Since it's a much better experience playing on the JP servers, why not share the wealth? Isn't it sort of greedy trying to hide this "secret"? I understand that you're concerned about the ships being overrun with dupers/hackers/twinkers/whatever, but I don't think one topic is going to destroy the JP servers.
I know this single topic won't destroy it, but it definitely helps. I'm not stressing over it, because as I said earlier, I normally play most of my characters exclusively with friends. But it does suck if I ever were to want return to the JP servers for that sort of play. It's bad enough a lot of EU/US go there and ruin everyone elses' reputation.

Anyway, I guess you have better experiences than me because I honestly can't recall the last time I ran into another legit person that I didn't already know.

G4_Hedgehog
Jul 15, 2003, 04:24 PM
<sigh> If only PSOX had worldwide play...

Ryo_Hayasa
Jul 15, 2003, 11:57 PM
well this is a thought thats come to me again
"wh not play with the japanese, they're the best gammers...(errm excuse they are good gammers, US has it's star also)

but the thing is, well i know nothing in japanese characters, and alot of the japanese games i go to, rejected me. infact i feel as if some japanese want to avoid US players completely.
though there was this one JP player...she was such a nice HUne. *sighs* she still has my card as i her's.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 16, 2003, 12:52 AM
Japs never lefted u behind when you needed fluids.....NEVER

Mystil
Jul 16, 2003, 04:08 PM
Nevermind.

I just am alittle fed up with US players, I hate the environment the bad ones have created... And I would hate to have JP experience what many 'good' US players experienced with thier own kind.

Of the two times I've played with them. I've not had trouble leveling, or enjoying myself..

But all good things come to an end at somepoint.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-07-16 14:25 ]</font>

Kid_Icarus
Jul 16, 2003, 04:13 PM
I guess that's why locked games and offline play exist.

Not all US players are bad, and I've played with both.

Come on people now, smile on your brother, everyone get together and love one another.

n_n

I play on Japanese ships now because that's all that's available to me right now, or I'd be on a european ship. Just because that's the wacky way I always was.

Tethys 03 for life!

Firocket1690
Jul 17, 2003, 12:23 PM

well, since they're used to 'sharing', most of them are usually really good in Challenge mode too,

the FIRST TIME I go online PSO I got into US, landed in Vega, got flamed to hell. went around, looking fro a bit more friendly enviorment, and atmosphere and found it in Mintaka (hence the fact, I'm usually THERE) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bday.gif

PaNicK
Jul 17, 2003, 05:08 PM
I lvled -PaNiCk- in the JP ships from lv 65-80, and it was a great expierence. Its just, the language barrier is kind of a turn off...