PDA

View Full Version : All this whining is pathetic...Get over it!

Haywire
Mar 18, 2001, 04:36 AM
This is a joke...talk of petitions and making web pages for thieves and whining about losing shiat, give it a rest!

I m sick of all the complaining about a F@cking game...if u dont like it, sell it and shut up already. This is sad...if this game is the cause of so much anxiety you have totally missed the point of gaming in general! U lose a character right? So what...start over!

Damn...immaturity in its moment of glory. All the boo hoo crap is pathetic. Get a life or a job...put all that useless energy into something positive like creating your own PERFECT game and quit sucking about this one.

I also understand that this is a place of freedom of speech, unless mr.censor does not like what u have to say...so go nuts and keep complaining like i know u will. But what does it accomplish....I'll tell you,

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Get the picture...

Some of u guys are just TOO hardcore and should take a break from PSO, go spankoff or something and relieve some stress!

Please dont take this the wrong way...u get your rants, now its time for mine, i know there is a lot of junk related to this game, but so is life...just enjoy the game and chill.

Ps. If u dont like what i have to say ( the whiners ) i really dont care because
i have had to read your useless rants for weeks now and havent said a word!

diospadre
Mar 18, 2001, 04:44 AM
man youve been an idiot from post 1. lets hope that one was you last

Haywire
Mar 18, 2001, 04:49 AM
Thanx...

No lifer number one

NEXT!

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2001, 04:54 AM
Speaking of immaturity, have you actually bothered to read what you typed? *coughshypocritecoughs*

Seriously, some of us have a right to be peeved when jerks decide to ruin the fun we're trying to have. Spells in the lobby? There's nothing cool about that. Duping or sharking an item a person didn't legitimately earn? That's not gaming, that's a wanna-be who can't enjoy the game for what it's worth. Hey, if you want to cheat, that's fine by me. But take it elsewhere, that kind isn't welcomed here.

I play on the straight and narrow and enjoy every minute I spend on the game. If that's too hardcore for you, then I guess you just don't know how to have fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Haywire
Mar 18, 2001, 05:12 AM
OK...this last post is a good one. i have to deal with this crap too! So dont bash me either cause i dont do that stuff either.

The point i was making was...

What can u do about it? NOTHING....
so why complain about it day after day! Its pointless...its not gonna change.

If anything all u do is fuel the people who do these things. i bet if people would just let it rest, the problems wouldnt occurr as often.

Sciler
Mar 18, 2001, 05:40 AM
<font face=times new roman color=red>Well, sometimes people just need to vent hun. I mean after spending hours and hours on a game to build up your char and have good stuff equiped....then some putz comes along and lures you into being killed....well, that sucks. So people want to complain about it. I mean Ive been rather lucky so far I think, and im glad, but if something bad happened to me, i'd probably vent a lil too. Its just a way to relive stress. Most of the complaints you see are from different people each time. if you know a thread is a complaint...well, do what I do sometimes, and just dont read it. I dont sit and read each and every thread simply because: my computer is slow, i may not have an answer or reply, or it just doesnt catch my interest. But before you get to know anyone, please dont just assume how someone is. We all have bad days, just many may have a bad day on the same day, or some have them one day and others the next, its just life hun. I've said my piece. thanks.<center>

Haywire
Mar 18, 2001, 05:48 AM
Thanx for your post, another good one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

If u guys really dont want anything to happen from this point on...how about u guys try this:

DONT TRADE...FIND YOUR OWN SHIAT!!!

Then you wont have anything to complain about....pretty easy dont ya think? If people werent in such a rush to get things your not supposed to find yet...what do you expect. Greed is one of the 7 deadly sins.

Ever hear the sayin..live by the sword , die by the sword. So if u get the short end of the stick dont complain...you only have yourself to blame.

Sheogorath
Mar 18, 2001, 05:51 AM
Sorry about not meeting you tonight Sciler/Akumi. I meant to, but I found a game with Danger Girl in it, helped a friend of hers level (Lysan) and I eventually lost track of time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif I feel really bad about it.

But, I figure, I'll add my two cents to the conversation:

I feel that, if someone has invested, lets say, over 200 hours in a character, and they have that character erased either due to poor game code, or an exploit employed within the game by a cheater/hacker/lamoid, it would be insane not for them to yell and whine.

Imagine if I lost Sheogorath. His clock is a few hours away from 300, and I even got my legit (Yes, legit) Inferno Bazooka back...

If I lost him, I...really have no idea what I'd do. Although it's safe to say it would involve lots of throwing of things, and the possible destruction of my Dreamcast. (Or whats left of my sanity, whatever comes first!)

People have a right to whine. It would be different, say, if their was a page in the manual with huge red lettering (Like Sciler's posts..hehe) that said: "DATA WILL BE RANDOMLY ERASED. DO NOT EXPECT SAVE GAME FUNCTIONALITY"

Thats why Sheo is semi-retired and Faydra now roams Puck 9 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Haywire
Mar 18, 2001, 06:02 AM
OK...fair enough,

I had a mag that i was raising and i spent literally 1 000 000 on it if not more! Never say anything but star and trimate...

I ACCIDENTALLY SELL IT TO STORE KEEP!
OMG!!! but what can i do...

IT was a lvl 110 mag:

27DEF
47POW
20DEX
20MIND

How do you think that made me feel...but what can i do about it, i had to move on...
after intense therapy and a lot of medication of course LoL! But those are the breaks. Just start over.

it sucks...but it happens, it really sucks!

Lysan
Mar 18, 2001, 06:10 AM
Hey Sheo. Thanks for the help today! I appreciated it immensely! I was the victim of data corruption yesterday so I lost my original Lysan who was 85th level and had 110 hrs of logged time. I was upset to say the least but no sense dwelling on things I can't control. I've moved on and my new Lysan is 31st already. It was a pleasure to finally meet yoy Sheo.

Sheogorath
Mar 18, 2001, 06:12 AM
I think I'm at fault here. I didn't read your post well enough. Did you mean that the people who are whining about losing items because they were duped are wrong?

Well, in that case, I'd agree with you Haywire.

You see, I don't trade...peroid.
Sure, I don't have a 75% resistance to Light & Dark like some people, I don't have 4 "All Resistances" (A slotted item that increase all resistances by 20, I saw one today) But I do have a legit, pure character that can whoop butt with the best of 'em.

The mag analogy you gave was dead-on, but I don't think losing a mag is something anyone should whine about. I've raised a few to high levels (Just for kicks) and it doesn't take all that long. Its Just very expensive, especially when the baby mag wants Dimates or Trimates and your a level 5 with 600 meseta to your name.

Well, back to bed.

Vaya Con Dios.

Sheogorath
Mar 18, 2001, 06:16 AM
Lysan: Thanks, I enjoyed the game, and since it was on hard mode, I got a chance to try my new agito, which was 20% V.S. Machines. (Thats why I went to town, so I could try it once we got to the mines.)

Seems like everyone has had a data corrupt on them. You have my card, just give me a buzz if you need a large android to watch out for you. even my Huntress, at level 51, can be a pretty good bodyguard. Don't hesitate to ask.

These late nights are killing me, I swear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

-The Katana Weilding Robot, Sheogorath

Haywire
Mar 18, 2001, 06:33 AM
How about a little post courtesy...

If you have something to say to a friend on anothers persons post...

MAKE YOUR OWN POST!

man....inconsiderate, but thanx for agree'n with me, so i forgive you and love you!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Arliman
Mar 18, 2001, 07:09 AM
Well, at least everyone is on the same level now Haywire. It does suck to have these things happen, and part of the reason people post is to vent, but also to warn others to be careful. Nobody likes to be PK'd or have their hard-earned items stolen. It just saddens me that the recent state of events has caused many players ( at least on Titania) to resort to PW protected games only. Where has the community of PSO gone?

Lysolanfloggan
Mar 18, 2001, 07:30 AM
This is a topic that best exemplifiies the core issues involved with online gaming.

Yes there are going to be cheaters, and you know what? The good players get better and the cheaters continue to suck ass!! SO VIVA GAMING!!!!!

Haywire has the right idea.. kudos..and to everyone else.."watch your back"

Haywire
Mar 18, 2001, 07:38 AM
thanx my man...see people are finally starting to get the point!

Instead of taking offence and slamming me read the post with an open mind and u will see that u will agree with what i have to say!
Although it might b more abrupt then your used to LoL!

thanx for the post !

Lucidservant
Mar 18, 2001, 08:08 AM
I am the man who brings peace. :?

Danger_Girl
Mar 18, 2001, 12:15 PM
I just love people who whine about whiners http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif.

faceless
Mar 18, 2001, 12:29 PM
the original post in this thread makes no sense. it's complaining about being sick of other people comlaining, yet it is also a complaint. wtf?

Sciler
Mar 18, 2001, 07:46 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>First, Sheo, its ok, I was out and about yesterday myself, sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

HAywire-your reply to me was kinda rude. I read your post with an open mind and I responded with simply a statement of fact. That if something bad happened, people are going to want to vent, its only human. I was simply stating that fact. I also know that if something bad ahppened to me, yeah, I would complain and post here, mainly to let those know that I play with that my char is gone and they'll have to catch me under a new name or something. But yes i would indeed move on. I wouldnt dwell, but venting is good for a person. But I dont like your rude response to me it was rather uncalled for I think seeing as how I posted in a non hostile way, but more of an informative/opinion way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif<Center>

segagameplay
Mar 18, 2001, 09:28 PM
hate to say it but i agree with haywire. It is a game if i lost my high level charecter id prolly just put it down and go read a book or do something else. The point is there is a real world out there with hundreds of things to do at once. If your depresed over losing an fictional charecter in a game... then you are taking it way too serious and need to get out more.

Draekkan
Mar 18, 2001, 10:03 PM
Haywire, regarding your original post:

I do agree that if anything happens to your char, the best you can do is move on. I've lost some GREAT weapons when my char was low level (and I didn't even know there were special weapons). While I was selling some stuff I would push the button too many times and there it goes. I also got a BSOD recently. I was not mad, in fact I was slighty amused. It finally had to happen to me. Well I lost 200k and one Slicer of Assassin (besides the mates, fluids and Atomizers), but I moved on. I now only travel with one weapon. Everyone else I know does too.

Cheaters? Yeah, they're there. They're having their strange, IMO stupid version of fun and having their egos enhanced by walking around on Normal games with super weapons and mags. I just don't play with them anymore. I'm going to lvl my new RAmar offline (with a few appearances online on Puck 9 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif), until I can play on games with people I know.

When do I get mad enough to rant? Like what happened last week, when cheaters decide their brand of fun isn't doing it to them anymore, and then decide to kill MY fun too. IMO those cheaters want to be elevated to a role of a bratty big brother, where "if I can't have fun, you can't either". This pisses me off to no end. Let the cheaters cheat wherever they want, as long as it doesn't affect the fun I'm trying to have with the game I paid $50 hard earned dollars on. Losing a char to the game because of a random bug will cause me to scream and be angry all day, and a new char. Losing a char to the game because of an idiot lamer that thought I was having too much fun will cause me to rant as much as I can about that person. Maybe someone who reads it may find him in a lobby and decide to leave because of my experience, thus saving their char.

Yeah, I take PSO way too close to heart, but some people just do this. It's part of my way to have fun with ANY game.

I_Kill_Sharks_all_day
Mar 19, 2001, 03:14 AM
I DOESN'T MATTER.

THERE ARE SHARKS IN NORMAL, HARD, AND VERY HARD. JUST KILL SHARKS. KILL THEM. IF YOU LOSE A CHARACTER JUST KILL SHARKS IN NORMAL. IT'S ALL GOOD.

Haywire
Mar 19, 2001, 04:23 AM
Segagameplay gets the picture..one of the more intelligent gamers i see...he reads! Way to go..so do i LoL...at a gr 3 lvl tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Some of you guys have to chill and not take the game so seriously...SERIOUSLY! Venting i understand...but over and over and over...hey, we get the point.

Just move on....do something productive with all that energy.

PsychoKick
Mar 19, 2001, 07:16 AM
Some gamers have lives. Their gaming time is scarce, so naturally when they lose stuff to cheats and thieves they're going to be pissed off. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to play a few hours each day.

Who's more pathetic? The ones that grumble about losing legit hard-earned characters and items, or the jerks who spend all their time trying to find new ways to piss off other people, and then gloat about it afterward as if it somehow meant that they were "superior"?

It takes a special brand of patheticness to be able to blow ~$50 (maybe more if they use a Gameshark too) and several hours playing online just to piss other people off for an artificial buzz of superiority. Such people remind me of insecure little boys trying to feel all grown up and strong by doing petty "bad" things like stealing candy. I feel a mixture of contempt and pity for anyone who has to resort to such a convoluted process in order to have fun online.

Haywire
Mar 19, 2001, 07:35 AM
Great post man...well done.

I appreciate your comments...everyone gets pissed tho, how many hours one plays is somewhat irrelavent, unless your comparing an 80 lv to a 20 or something like that. if i lose my 100 i will start over. If i lose my new 36 that would piss me off major.

I wouldnt post it tho, why...who cares other then i? NOBODY. I would just start over and get on with my somewhat pathetic life LoL.

Thanx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Ambrai
Mar 19, 2001, 11:49 AM
"You take the game too seriously"

"ITS JUST A GAME... GAWD"

Comments like this make me want to go find a beany baby and play a jack the ripper....

It's not just a game. By everyones posting here and going agro that just proves it. It's something you work on, its something you enjoy. It's something that forms lasting relationships and conflict.

Has a movie ever touched you? Ever cry during the end of braveheart? Ever get angry during Saving Private Ryan? Some movies can bring out intense emotion, they can inspire you years after you last saw the movie.

Ever say it was just a movie? Nothing more nothing less?

Ever cry during a book? Burst out laughing at some funny dialogue? Ever scream and want to pull your hair out because the 2 characters who love each other are too friggin stupid to admit it (/rude melanie rawn).

Ever say it was just a book? Nothing more nothing less?

Now lets look at video games. Take the comments I made in the previous 2 examples and add one thing.... YOU are the main character and can be in an involving storyline.

Has ANYONE here who played clocktower not freaked out the first time you played it? Hell my girlfriend dropped the controller, screamed and ran behind the couch (if she finds out I relayed this story I am dead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif.

My point is, it's not just a game. Its something we do for entertainment that becomes very involving. There is even a value placed on your char and items. Even to the point of real life money.

Sciler
Mar 19, 2001, 12:35 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>I would post to inform those that I play with that I wouldnt be around under that character name. Thats just what I would call courtesy. <center>

Ambrai
Mar 19, 2001, 12:54 PM
Mod: Moved to rants.