PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal w/Xbox updates

Trailmix
Jul 16, 2003, 12:42 AM
ok, first of all GC version of PSO hasn't been out as long as Xbox but they get the Nightmare and mop-up version 3&4....ST needs to get their stuff together this is getting rediculous...

GC has basically everything and Xbox has nothing and still they do a GC update before an Xbox...

:> makes me want to cancel my license!

Nani-chan
Jul 16, 2003, 12:47 AM
Your information is false. Gamecube pso came way before x-box pso. Isn't it over 2 years if you consider when jp first played gcn pso?

As for American versions.. you are still wrong. I remember people could get legit jack o laterns if they got the game as soon as it came out.. wasn't X-box closer to January?

If I'm wrong then I apologize..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2003-07-15 22:55 ]</font>

saffaya
Jul 16, 2003, 02:50 AM
On 2003-07-15 22:47, Nani-chan wrote:
Your information is false. Gamecube pso came way before x-box pso. Isn't it over 2 years if you consider when jp first played gcn pso?
If I'm wrong then I apologize..

Well .. you CAN apologize.
GC jp PSO was out in september 2002 IIRC (after a one month delay from August due to ... bugs)
XBOX jp PSO was out on 14th jan 2003.
4 month, NOT 2 years.

GJ
Jul 16, 2003, 04:16 AM
the reason being for the more quest on the GC is the GBA, these extra quests may enable you to download to the GBA. As the Xbox doesn't have a GBA these quests can not be included on the Xbox.

Also due to Nintendo's lack of support for online gaming, ST probly included more quests on the GC to keep the interest for PSO on the GC.

The Xbox servers will be updated in time, and more then likly include better ones than the GC

Samm
Jul 16, 2003, 07:59 AM
I do think its stupid if they're planning on releasing one quest/cmode, etc per month. PSO can only last so long without new content, and even with it, it gets old. And when newer games come out, pso players are going to rapidly decrease.
They should have put loads of online quests on there from day one, and supplimented them with lots of new content weekly.

Sedyne
Jul 16, 2003, 08:49 AM
On 2003-07-15 22:42, Trailmix wrote:
ok, first of all GC version of PSO hasn't been out as long as Xbox but they get the Nightmare and mop-up version 3&4....ST needs to get their stuff together this is getting rediculous...

GC has basically everything and Xbox has nothing and still they do a GC update before an Xbox...

:> makes me want to cancel my license!

*Loves stupidity*

rena-ko
Jul 16, 2003, 09:00 AM
its simple and sonic team stated that long time ago:
everything that's out on cube, will come out on xbox - with around the same time passed since the release. easy as that.
burning rangers is an exception and something like a bonus gift since xbox users had to wait so long. nothing more.

all this crap about how xbox version will be treated better 'soon' is just wishful thinking. get over it already.

if you're not happy with that, switch to cube, quit pso online at all or accept it and play on. sheesh.

Nidarrock
Jul 16, 2003, 10:24 AM
On 2003-07-16 07:00, rena-ko wrote:
everything that's out on cube, will come out on xbox - with around the same time passed since the release. easy as that.

"The quests will become available on the same schedule as the currently available GameCube version."

Taken from article announcing the fees for PSOX. Sorry but you're going to have to wait, don't see why X-box players should get things so fast if GC owners had to wait. Granted it would be nice to see each system getting content on the same day but GC has about a 6 month head start. I have PSOX and I'm dealing with this like everyone else is, but it's not that big of an issue to me.

Denny
Jul 18, 2003, 04:49 PM
On 2003-07-16 08:24, Nidarrock wrote:

On 2003-07-16 07:00, rena-ko wrote:

"The quests will become available on the same schedule as the currently available GameCube version."

Taken from article announcing the fees for PSOX. Sorry but you're going to have to wait, don't see why X-box players should get things so fast if GC owners had to wait. Granted it would be nice to see each system getting content on the same day but GC has about a 6 month head start. I have PSOX and I'm dealing with this like everyone else is, but it's not that big of an issue to me.

I feel as you do. However, I wish the GC fanboys would shut up with the beyond childish insults to players of the Xbox version. If people would just play what they have and STFU, maybe things would be better.

EliteDragoon
Jul 19, 2003, 11:05 AM
i cancelled cause the moneys going to update the JP servers not are servers