PDA

View Full Version : How do I reset my internal memory?

Omnigear
Feb 17, 2001, 11:41 PM
Already posted it in Tech Support but not a lot of people go there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif Help! I want to play! Whaaa!

Omnigear
Feb 18, 2001, 12:09 AM
Hmm I called Tech Support but the thing they told me to do (Hold X and B while powering up, etc) only erased my ISP settings...

Grr!

Ninjakid69
Feb 18, 2001, 02:10 AM
i wouldn't if i were you. There are rumors going around that the browser 2.6 flashes the internal memory, hence causing your pso game to no longer work with your dc until you call a technician and get a new serial number. If you haven't started a file yet, go ahead

Omnigear
Feb 18, 2001, 03:00 AM
Im using Browser 2.0 so no problems there. What did you mean by "If you
haven't started a file yet, go ahead" ?

Anyway I called back Tech Support and I did it all over again, this time re-initializing my Memory Card(s). I think it will only ask me for my Key when I try playing an Online Game, but shouldn't it ask for one Offline too? I hope my Dreamcast isnt officially stuck with this old key... kind of stupid...

Oh well. I wont be playing for a long time I guess >=(

ittoryu
Feb 18, 2001, 06:16 AM
to let u know, whenever u start a new char..it should ask for your serial and key...if already enter because you already played online with a char it should still be there, but with new char you can delete old serial and key to input new ones if u have to...my ISP was reseted so i had to get new serial and key from sega tech...had to start all over...old char does not work with new keys.

Omnigear
Feb 18, 2001, 04:03 PM
Ittoryu, I know it should ask me for a key when I start a new character, but shouldn't it ask for the key when you start the game first completely? If my memory was totally reset it should. And it didn't. So when I entered my new key to go online it conflicted with the old one and said my key was invalid. Dammit.

My idea is to exchange my Dreamcast at Best Buy (Where I got it around a week ago) and say its defective, get a new one, and then do it all over again. Sounds good to me, and its free hehe.

Hope to see any of you online... eventually.