PDA

View Full Version : Noob Fo's + Ult + Experienced Fo = BAD!

Uncle_bob
Jul 19, 2003, 02:57 PM
I make too many rants... meh. That's not the point! I'm tired of n00b fo's (usually level 80-120) joining my teams and spamming Rafoie with their Psycho Wand and then trying to be the support fo at the same time when I am the one using a level 175 FOMARL!

GOD! I'M LEVEL 175 DAMNIT! YOU DON'T NEED TO TRY TO BE THE SUPPORT FO! MY S/D AND RESTA HAS A BETTER RANGE THAN YOU, YOU N00B PSYCHO WAND USING RAFOIE SPAMMING FOMAR!! GOD! STOP FUCKING WASTING TP!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *jumps off a house and dies*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-07-19 12:58 ]</font>

Mystil
Jul 19, 2003, 03:03 PM
Whoa. Calm down big guy. lol! *shakes head* *nods head* Yes they don't understand that the higher you are in level, the more powerful your SD is. Even if not at 30.

I know it sucks. I go through it. But hey, when it's boss time, they aren't worth much in the end.

Dime
Jul 19, 2003, 03:32 PM
Nah, S/D depends on level, not MST. And also, FOmar has the boosted S/D, not FOmarl. So actually, that level 80 FOmar's S/D may be better than yours.

Mystil
Jul 19, 2003, 03:51 PM
On 2003-07-19 13:32, Dime wrote:
Nah, S/D depends on level, not MST. And also, FOmar has the boosted S/D, not FOmarl. So actually, that level 80 FOmar's S/D may be better than yours.

LOL! OH MY GOD! No no no DIME! Thats only for Range. Not POWER! =P Why does everyone believe this. Boosted SD meand BOOSTED RANGE.

Dime
Jul 19, 2003, 07:06 PM
Says so on this site, boosted range AND EFFECT. And my point still stands, a lvl 175 FOmarl's s/d isn't any better than a FOMar's (as long as they're at the same level).

Also, don't say OMG, makes you look like an idiot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dime on 2003-07-19 17:06 ]</font>

Vanango
Jul 19, 2003, 11:29 PM
Why does it bother you? If they are using a psycho wand they won't really have to worry about wasting TP. Don't let it get to you, it's pointless.

FOs that do support are better than FOs that do not. Hell, maybe it's habit for them to cast S/D, good for them. Maybe they think in the time they cast s/d you could have killed whatever enemies were around. If playing w/ other FOs bothers you so much don't play with them. Join RA and HU only rooms, they are always happy to have a FO on board, especially high level ones.

I still think it is strange that you are so bothered by other FOs casting S/D. Hey, some people would be annoyed if there were other FOs and they were doing all the support. Just trying to save time and keep everyone S/D at all times. *shrug* so just relax and don't let things like that get on your nerves.

Mystil
Jul 20, 2003, 09:18 AM
Technically they are wasting TP by trying to overright his. And Dime, It's been proven that FOmars SD boost is just range only. Why don't you get a lv130 FOmar with 30/30 SD and I'll use my lv131 FOnewearl. You cast first. And I case second, and you'll notice both your shifta and deband were overwritten. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif All you did was add eye candy to the room with thier red and blue colors.

And OMG. Hmph. =P

Sham
Jul 20, 2003, 11:21 AM
On 2003-07-20 07:18, Silhouette wrote:
Technically they are wasting TP by trying to overright his. And Dime, It's been proven that FOmars SD boost is just range only. Why don't you get a lv130 FOmar with 30/30 SD and I'll use my lv131 FOnewearl. You cast first. And I case second, and you'll notice both your shifta and deband were overwritten. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif All you did was add eye candy to the room with thier red and blue colors.

And OMG. Hmph. =P

And the same thing stands for FOmarl's boost, which only goes to range.

So Chaos, does this mean you'll have to another description to your "No ______" teams?

No HUmar/BKB/LoserFO?

Uncle_bob
Jul 20, 2003, 03:31 PM
On 2003-07-20 09:21, Sham wrote:

And the same thing stands for FOmarl's boost, which only goes to range.

So Chaos, does this mean you'll have to another description to your "No ______" teams?

No HUmar/BKB/LoserFO?

I'm afraid so.
> Sham.

Dime
Jul 20, 2003, 03:39 PM
So play offline > Uncle_bob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dime on 2003-07-20 13:40 ]</font>

bordering
Jul 20, 2003, 04:25 PM
Whoa. Calm down big guy. lol! *shakes head* *nods head* Yes they don't understand that the higher you are in level, the more powerful your SD is. Even if not at 30.
ok, thanks a lot. i read this last night when i was piss drunk and made a post asking about it on gfaqs, hence made an ass out of myself.

i REALLY don't think that tech power goes up as you level up.

i think that tech power is based on mst and tech level. i think char level is an irrelavent factor, unless you consider [duh] that a higher level FO is likely to have a higher mst and higher level techs.

also, a FOmar and marl BOTH get a boost ONLY IN RANGE to both shifta and deband. NOT IN POWER. this site, apparently, doesn't list that FOmarl gets a boost to range, and it says something about "effectiveness". causes me a LOT of headaches paitently explaining how things really work to newbs back home.

MasterJoel
Jul 21, 2003, 02:56 AM
my fomar is level 130 with level 30 shifta/deband... as a lower level FO, i would gladly let you cast the shifa/deband! i really don't care if its weaker or not, but chances are, even if it isn't effected by MST (i really don't know), at level 175, your s/d is probably just as high or almost as high... what difference does a couple of points mean to me? i just want to pull out my vulcans, and a little j/z later, "pop a cap in yo' (the vulmer's) ass!" Just let me do the j/z so i can get experience from all!

i agree though, FOmars who rafoie are wasting tp... FOmars suck with attack techs, they don't have the MST to back them up! if you are going to tech with a FOmar (which i do enjoy occasionally in the mines), use a suitable merge and wand, and then use GIFOIE... you know, the one you have bonuses to? and put your megid away!

bordering
Jul 21, 2003, 07:01 PM
i demand either an apology or an explanation for that ludicrious theory that a higher level FO's s/d at level 28 would still be more powerful than a lower level FO's s/d at level 30.

THAT. MAKES. NO. SENSE.

bordering
Jul 22, 2003, 06:27 PM
::crosses arms, waits for explanation::

Axispoint
Jul 22, 2003, 10:17 PM
*reads Uncle Bob's post*

did you tell them to stop with the support crap and explain to them why? I'm not flaming or nothing, just curious 'cos otherwise the person will keep doing it. And if they still did it after explaining it to them, O_O. You're just better off changing the title of your games to "No Idiots PLEASE" or whatever variation you like. On Diablo 2, I tend to play in passworded games 'cos most of the people on there are idiots, so I feel your pain running into these people who are a few cans short of a six pack. It just plain sucks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

happyalloy
Jul 23, 2003, 12:23 PM
Or you can offer to split spell duty, like say "I'll cast red techs, you cast blue," which makes both FOs watch for the disappearance of s/d, and also allows both FOs to cast a useful tagging tech on each group of enemies. (The reason I phrase it by color is because there have been numerous times I've used the tech names, only to have the other FO casting the wrong spell =/)

This also works well for a party without Forces (like a HUnewearl and RAmarl hitting the ult ruins alone.. that was fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)