PDA

View Full Version : Other kid at high-school....

Cannibal-Snowman
Jul 19, 2003, 10:51 PM
In my high-school, we have three bands: Regular Band, Marching Band, and Jazz Band. I'm in all three. Well, today we had a Jazz Band practice, since on August 9th, we're going to be opening for Lou Rawls. I play the piano in the band, and there is also another kid that plays the piano. Here comes the story:

As I walked towards the school entrance, I noticed that the hallway had been closed off because it was being waxed. So, I had to go through the courtyard. No big deal. I get into the bandroom, and not alot of people are there. The instructor comes up to me and says that we have to get the piano out of the chorus room. So, me and another person walk on the waxed floor (they said it was okay.). So, we get to the room, and the instructor says we have to bring it around the courtyard. Unfortunately, we can't get the piano through the door. The instructor comes and tells us that the other piano person brought a keyboard. So, we go back into the bandroom. I offer the kid to help set it up, but he says "No, you can't touch it." I was a little confused by this. Later, I walk towards the keyboard, and the kid says "My parents made a rule that only me, my family, and the instructors can touch the piano. Sorry." Sorry?! What the hell was up with that?! Why can't I play it?! So anyway, I was forced to sit there for two hours while this kid played the keyboard (REALLY bad, too).

The point I'm trying to get across is: Why do people have to be so paranoid about things like that? I mean, it wasn't like his parents were going to scan the keyboard for fingerprints when he took it home! It just made me so annoyed.....

Caprice
Jul 19, 2003, 10:58 PM
I used to be in band, but all the people were like that. My drumset was being repaired (Because a kid named Arnnie dropped it while he was borrowing it), so I asked Arnnie, if I could use his drumset, and he said "Not in this lifetime, loser..." I mean, what's up with that?! He broke mine and when I ask to borrow his, he just acted like he owned the world! So I quit band. Everybody at my school that's in band is like that... It sucks.

ABDUR101
Jul 19, 2003, 11:09 PM
...no touchy! >=[

I never wanted to borrow or touch anyone's anything in school, so it was ok. But some people are overprotective of things that belong to them, maybe because of things that have happened before.

Like the kid that dropped your drumset, maybe the kid with the keyboard took it somewhere and someone was being a jerk and really being rough with it, maybe it was expensive for his family to afford, maybe him and his family are just anal about their stuff, it could be any number of things.

I'm over-protective of the stuff I buy for myself, because I pay good money to OWN something, and the last thing I need is a friend or family member breaking it and not expecting to replace it. God only knows how many N64 controllers I bought because of my nephews and my brother's friends being rough, it got to the point that I stopped buying them and had one good controller hidden, which was eventually found and broke within a day.

I now offer death warrants to anyone I witness using one of my prized* controllers for X-box, PS2 and GC... o-O

*Personal, protected, end of the line, you break it I snap every bone in your hands and then poke you in the eye with a well salted pinky.

War_Child
Jul 20, 2003, 12:17 AM
What I hate is when someone asks you watch something for them, and then others try to get it.

Friend asked me to watch his guitar while he took a leak. People wouldn't stop pestering me to let them try it. It gets to the point where I have to raise my voice so they can hear me over their insults, and I'm the one who gets in shit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guile
Jul 20, 2003, 01:58 AM
One time this kid asked me for a pen and I said "Sorry I don't have one."
But secretly I had an extra pen in my backpack....

Anyhow! I hate when someone asks you for something, and you give it to them, and they bitch cuz it's not that great or not exactly what they asked for...my friend does this all the time at my house when it comes to food
I'll be nice and make a sandwhich for him and one for me..well of course mine is gonna be better and all he does is bitch..thats why I don't let him in my house no more!

Artemidorus
Jul 21, 2003, 02:41 PM
Well it probably depends on how much that dumb ol' keyboard costed! But I'd be all like "BITCH! OH NO YOU DI'N'T FOO! I GONNA GO GET MA BABY GRAND AND SIT ON YO' SKINNY KEYBOARD ASS." ^o^ not really, but i would say something to the instructor or just something rude to the kid to show my uh...discontent.

Cannibal-Snowman
Jul 22, 2003, 10:09 AM
Well, my problem has been solved. I had sent an e-mail to the instructor (about the next practice). When he replied, he told me that he told the kid not to bring his keyboard anymore. I'm glad that's taken care of.